The Rich Are *Not* Paying Their Fair Share? The Facts Say Otherwise

The math dictates that if the top 1 percent has 90 some percent of the income they are going to pay more. If the test of the working peasants only have a little tiny bit they won't be paying as much.

I love my work, hillbilly. It's just having to support you ass-munchers is the part I don't care about.

you dont support me ass breath - I retired before I was 50

whats your excuse ?

Fine, dickweed. Then give me back some of that Social Security I'm paying to keep you alive.

stupid too ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I paid into SS for years ... the only $ can collect is the $ in MY account not a dime comes from you.

damn RW are stupid mf'rs arent they ...

You do not have an "account." There is no "lockbox." The Social Security you are receiving is coming directly from those who have real jobs in which SS is being withheld.

Is that too hard for your squirrel-sized brain to comprehend?

go with that one dumbfuk ...

Of course I'm going with that one, because it's the truth.

Jeez, you people sure get uppity when faced with the truth. Take a chill pill, old man.

Regarding the liberal claim that the rich are not paying their “fair share” of taxes, the following facts might be of interest:

* In 2017, the top 1% paid 39% of all federal income taxes.

* In 2017, the top 1%% paid a greater share of individual income taxes--39.0%--than the bottom 90% combined--29.4%.

* In 2017, the top 1%% paid an individual income tax rate of 27.1%, whereas the bottom 50% paid an individual income tax rate of 3.6%, i.e., a rate that is 700% higher than the rate paid by the bottom 50%.

* In 2016, the top 10% paid 70% of all federal income taxes.

Sources:

Summary of the Latest Federal Income Tax Data, 2017 Update

Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes? | SmartAsset

What percent of the income did the top 1% earn?

While we’re at it. What % of the military comes from the 1%? Since we are all concerned about fair share .

Regarding the liberal claim that the rich are not paying their “fair share” of taxes, the following facts might be of interest:

* In 2017, the top 1%% paid a greater share of individual income taxes--39.0%--than the bottom 90% combined--29.4%.

* In 2017, the top 1%% paid an individual income tax rate of 27.1%, whereas the bottom 50% paid an individual income tax rate of 3.6%, i.e., a rate that is 700% higher than the rate paid by the bottom 50%.

Sources:

While we’re at it. What % of the military comes from the 1%? Since we are all concerned about fair share .

There is no way to determine such a thing, all the money goes into a big pile and then is handed out.

Sources:

Military comes off the top of the pile, unless you want to defend yourself instead. I don't think anyone as pitifully-armed as yourself wants to do that.

Sources:

There is no way to determine such a thing, all the money goes into a big pile and then is handed out.

But don’t you know ? The rich is getting hosed! Must be because they are so politically powerless !

Lol.

Sources:

Military comes off the top of the pile, unless you want to defend yourself instead. I don't think anyone as pitifully-armed as yourself wants to do that.

I’m talking about our kids . Let’s have compulsory military service. Instead of a mercenary system that preys on the poor Americans .

Sources:

I’m talking about our kids . Let’s have compulsory military service. Instead of a mercenary system that preys on the poor Americans .

Whuuuut? Do you have any idea how crappy the "All Volunteer Army" was? I doubt that any of those guys and girls currently serving wants some schmuck who doesn't want to be there in the first place, watching their backs.

BTW, where did you get the idea that soldiers joined the service because they were "poor Americans"? My niece graduated from college before joining the U.S. Army with a commission. She is now a doctor and is still serving.

The rich pay way more than their fair share. The complaint is that even when paying so much they still have an enormous amount of wealth. That's what the left wants to take away.

Sources:

Whuuuut? Do you have any idea how crappy the "All Volunteer Army" was? I doubt that any of those guys and girls currently serving wants some schmuck who doesn't want to be there in the first place, watching their backs.

BTW, where did you get the idea that soldiers joined the service because they were "poor Americans"? My niece graduated from college before joining the U.S. Army with a commission. She is now a doctor and is still serving.

Like the crappy army that won the World Wars?

Is this where we pretend people join to “serve their country “. Oh so altruistic!

Is this where we pretend people join to “serve their country “. Oh so altruistic!

Pretty obvious that you know nothing about the quality, mentality, dedication, duty, and honor of today's soldiers.

Sources:

They mean the middle class. That is their target. Don't ever fall for their bumper sticker cliches.

RACISM FAIR SHARE GLOBAL WARMING RACISM FAIR SHARE GLOBAL WARMING RACISM FAIR SHARE GLOBAL WARMING RACISM FAIR SHARE GLOBAL WARMING RACISM FAIR SHARE GLOBAL WARMING

Pretty obvious that you know nothing about the quality, mentality, dedication, duty, and honor of today's soldiers.

Why you mad at me Trump said so.

The top 1% keeps gaining wealth while the middle class shrinks, that is a recipe for disaster.

View attachment 244854

I agree that is bad. But the tax rate is not the vehicle that either created this or can solve it. The Federal Reserve, our central bank, has caused much of the damage with there monetary policy. There are a lot of smart people who have been pointing this out for years. It will only get worse until either the Fed is reined in, or there is a massive collapse.

How Federal Reserve Quantitative Easing Expanded Wealth Inequality

What's really causing income inequality: Federal Reserve policies
Since the early 1960s, governmental policies aimed at creating inflation, whether in consumer goods or asset prices, have created incentives for sophisticated investors to take advantage and increase income inequality.

Sources:

of course you are totally brainwashed by the GOP propaganda machine to only think in terms of federal income taxes, super duper dupe. If you count all taxes, they pay the same percentage wise as everyone else really,and get all the New Wealth while the middle class and our infrastructure go to hell, 35 years now and just gets worse. Brainwashed functional moron.

It’s not the GOP or the DNC. It’s the Federal Reserve. You call someone brainwashed as you recite the Democratic talking points. That’s ironic.

OP knows he is being disingenuous, it is proper for people who own the bulk of all money to pay the bulk of taxes.

While those who earn less pay hardly anything, yet get huge refunds at the expense of us who earn more?

What kind of a bullshit scam is that?
The super rich get very generous deductions, tax shelters and frequent tax cuts that we do not get. What kind of bullshit scam is that? I'll tell you, you have been living in a plutocracy so long you think that's how it's supposed to be.

You can’t give a tax break to somebody who doesn’t pay taxes.

Sources:

of course you are totally brainwashed by the GOP propaganda machine to only think in terms of federal income taxes, super duper dupe. If you count all taxes, they pay the same percentage wise as everyone else really,and get all the New Wealth while the middle class and our infrastructure go to hell, 35 years now and just gets worse. Brainwashed functional moron.

It’s not the GOP or the DNC. It’s the Federal Reserve. You call someone brainwashed as you recite the Democratic talking points. That’s ironic.
No it is a flat tax system, conspiracy Nut Job.

Sources:

Hey ignoramus, federal income taxes are just one type of tax among many.

Federal payroll taxes
State income taxes
Local income taxes
Sales taxes

And ALL of these are much more regressive than fed income tax.

OP knows he is being disingenuous, it is proper for people who own the bulk of all money to pay the bulk of taxes.

While those who earn less pay hardly anything, yet get huge refunds at the expense of us who earn more?

What kind of a bullshit scam is that?
The super rich get very generous deductions, tax shelters and frequent tax cuts that we do not get. What kind of bullshit scam is that? I'll tell you, you have been living in a plutocracy so long you think that's how it's supposed to be.

You can’t give a tax break to somebody who doesn’t pay taxes.
Everyone pays taxes between 20 and 30% if you count all taxes, brainwashed functional moron. We have a flat tax system, a giveaway to the rich.

And, of course, my OP does not take into account all the state and local taxes (SALT) that the rich pay, i.e., state income taxes and county/city property taxes. Furthermore, under the Trump tax cuts, the SALT deduction is capped at $10K, which will hit the rich especially hard. For example, in Virginia, where I live, someone making $500K with a house worth $800K will pay at least $30K in SALT, but now they can only deduct $10K of that $30K.

Forum List

Back