The richest have a 16% effective tax rate- Clinton to go for the Buffett rule- 30%. TY Dems

Those folks in Biloxi are the common everyday citizens of Biloxi. They are hardly elitists. Now, I realize to you with your ghetto lifestyle, they would probably appear as "rich" or "wealth".

It's the REAGANIST direction duh. Reagan btw would have seen this. He wasn't as dumb and ideological as the New BS GOP.
The Demise of the American Middle Class In Numbers.

Over the past 30 years the American dream has gradually disappeared. The process was slow, so most people didn’t notice. They just worked a few more hours, borrowed a little more and cut back on non-essentials. But looking at the numbers and comparing them over long time periods, it is obvious that things have changed drastically. Here are the details:

1. WORKERS PRODUCE MORE BUT THE GAINS GO TO BUSINESS.

Over the past 63 years worker productivity has grown by 2.0% per year.

But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year. Labor’s share of income (1992 = 100%):

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

2. THE TOP 10% GET A LARGER SHARE.

Share of National Income going to Top 10%:

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

An increase of 16% since Reagan.

3. WORKERS COMPENSATED FOR THE LOSS OF INCOME BY SPENDING THEIR SAVINGS.

The savings Rose up to Reagan and fell during and after.

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%
2006 = -1.1% (Negative = withdrawing from savings)

A 12.3% drop after Reagan.

4. WORKERS ALSO BORROWED TO MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS.

Household Debt as percentage of GDP:

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

A 45% increase after 1980.

5. SO THE GAP BETWEEN THE RICHEST AND THE POOREST HAS GROWN.

Gap Between the Share of Capital Income earned by the top 1%
and the bottom 80%:

1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%

A 5.6 times increase.

6. AND THE AMERICAN DREAM IS GONE.

The Probably of Moving Up from the Bottom 40% to the Top 40%:

1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%

A 10% Decrease.

Links:

1 = ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/special.requests/pf/totalf1.txt
1 = https://www.clevelandfed.org/Research/PolicyDis/No7Nov04.pdf
1 = Clipboard01.jpg (image)
2 – Congratulations to Emmanuel Saez
3 = http://www.demos.org/inequality/images/charts/uspersonalsaving_thumb.gif
3 = U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)
4 = Federated Prudent Bear Fund (A): Overview
4 = FRB: Z.1 Release--Financial Accounts of the United States--December 10, 2015
5/6 = 15 Mind-Blowing Facts About Wealth And Inequality In America

Overview = http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/2010062415/reagan-revolution-home-roost-charts
So Obamanomics is based upon Reaganomics?
Jeebus you're a gd fool...Pubs have blocked all Obama has tried to do to reform this Reaganist policy system duh...

How did they manage to do that when Obama was elected? They controlled the House and the Senate. How did the GOP "block" Obama?
200 filibusters. Only controlled for 13 DAYS in session, dupe.

And yet, they could work on Obamacare for months and STILL pass that without a single GOP vote. Face it, they DIDN'T WANT TO.

Mark
yes they worked on Obamacare for months WITH REPUBLICANS who added 162 amendments to Obamacare that got voted on and put in to Ocare.... then for political posturing ONLY they all voted against it, after all of their revisions to it....

Clinton Says January Tax Proposals Will 'Go Beyond' Buffett Rule

Another unknown fact with the tidal wave of GOP BS propaganda from the nutjob big money right, and nothing from the cowardly corporate media...our media is bought off and pathetic.

Everyone is now paying 20-30% in all taxes and fees, killing the nonrich and demand for product, and leaving too little to re-invest in America. Shortsighted, idiotic, misinformed Reaganism marches on. see sig.

you do realize that buffet is hiding his money in his foundation...he gets massive tax breaks for investments made through his foundation....right? He won't pay even close to 16% on any of his money....twit.
So now you're an expert on Buffett's taxes. It's good POLICY. I don't give a shytte, git. lol. Do you dupes know anything about politics, or is it all character assassination? Hedge funders are next, if not sooner.

Many wealthy people earn their money from capital gains. Capital gains are taxed much lower than an ordinary income. Of course people like Buffett want higher taxes. They won't affect him. He's on the top of the mountain and wants to keep everybody else off of it.

So Hillary comes along and increases capital gains. There goes the stock market tumbling down the hill. Nobody is going to invest in something as risky as the stock market if they are going to have to pay 30% tax.
It shouldn't be 0%. AND THEY ALWAYS HAVE invested...

It isn't 0%. WTF did you get that from?

Yes they always invested; mostly because of a lower tax rate.

So Obamanomics is based upon Reaganomics?
Jeebus you're a gd fool...Pubs have blocked all Obama has tried to do to reform this Reaganist policy system duh...

How did they manage to do that when Obama was elected? They controlled the House and the Senate. How did the GOP "block" Obama?

And yet, they could work on Obamacare for months and STILL pass that without a single GOP vote. Face it, they DIDN'T WANT TO.

Mark
yes they worked on Obamacare for months WITH REPUBLICANS who added 162 amendments to Obamacare that got voted on and put in to Ocare.... then for political posturing ONLY they all voted against it, after all of their revisions to it....
Not my point. The contention was that the Dems "couldn't do anything" because of the GOP. Well, since they passed it without a single GOP vote, that belief is WRONG.

Mark
Not my point. The contention was that the Dems "couldn't do anything" because of the GOP. Well, since they passed it without a single GOP vote, that belief is WRONG.
And that's the one thing they passed that way, dingbat. The point is that you dupes think they had control for 2 years...

Mark
And that's the one thing they passed that way, dingbat.
Yep. So, don't tell me they couldn't have passed other things like that. Like I said before THEY DIDN'T WANT TO.

Clinton Says January Tax Proposals Will 'Go Beyond' Buffett Rule

Another unknown fact with the tidal wave of GOP BS propaganda from the nutjob big money right, and nothing from the cowardly corporate media...our media is bought off and pathetic.

Everyone is now paying 20-30% in all taxes and fees, killing the nonrich and demand for product, and leaving too little to re-invest in America. Shortsighted, idiotic, misinformed Reaganism marches on. see sig.

you do realize that buffet is hiding his money in his foundation...he gets massive tax breaks for investments made through his foundation....right? He won't pay even close to 16% on any of his money....twit.
So now you're an expert on Buffett's taxes. It's good POLICY. I don't give a shytte, git. lol. Do you dupes know anything about politics, or is it all character assassination? Hedge funders are next, if not sooner.

Many wealthy people earn their money from capital gains. Capital gains are taxed much lower than an ordinary income. Of course people like Buffett want higher taxes. They won't affect him. He's on the top of the mountain and wants to keep everybody else off of it.

So Hillary comes along and increases capital gains. There goes the stock market tumbling down the hill. Nobody is going to invest in something as risky as the stock market if they are going to have to pay 30% tax.
It shouldn't be 0%. AND THEY ALWAYS HAVE invested...

It isn't 0%. WTF did you get that from?

Yes they always invested; mostly because of a lower tax rate.
I was speaking of the hedge funder loophole. They'll be fine lol...

Mark
Yep. So, don't tell me they couldn't have passed other things like that. Like I said before THEY DIDN'T WANT TO.
THE MIDDLE OF A PUB ECONOMIC MELTDOWN IS NOT THE TIME. GET IT? Were you alive then? They had control for THIRTEEN DAYS. They didn't realize it would end. Jeebus the dupes know nothing but bs talking points. Ay caramba.

Mark
THE MIDDLE OF A PUB ECONOMIC MELTDOWN IS NOT THE TIME. GET IT? Were you alive then? They had control for THIRTEEN DAYS. They didn't realize it would end. Jeebus the dupes know nothing but bs talking points. Ay caramba.

You mean they passed Obamacare in 13 days? Really? BTW, if they really cared they could have passed any law they wanted, and have it "kick in" in 2, 3 or 4 years. The Dems are in the pockets of the millionaires just like the GOP is. Once you understand that, you'll be less angry at the other side. BTW, I'm 61 and have actually been in politics.

Mark

You have to hate those know nothings:

111th United States Congress
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

110th ← → 112th

United States Capitol (2007)
Duration: January 3, 2009 – January 3, 2011

The One Hundred Eleventh United States Congress was the meeting of the legislative branch of the United States federal government from January 3, 2009, until January 3, 2011. It began during the last two weeks of the George W. Bush administration, with the remainder spanning the first two years of Barack Obama's presidency. It was composed of the Senate and the House of Representatives. The apportionment of seats in the House was based on the 2000 U.S. Census. In the November 4, 2008 elections, the Democratic Party increased its majorities in both chambers, giving President Obama a Democratic majority in the legislature for the first two years of his presidency.

111th United States Congress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

Mark
it was some kind of procedural maneuvering by Reed in the senate that allowed ocare to be passed with less than the 60 votes, i think it passed with 56 votes yea.

Kennedy died, losing the Dem 60 vote needed to get past the mcconnel filibuster, scott brown R, replaced Kennedy, and al frankin was challenged in his election by the R candidate with a recount, this too kept the Dems from having the 60 votes needed to overcome the republican filibusters for a time.... the dems actually had about 90 days, most while not even in session, where the R;s could not stop their agenda.....

it really was not much time at all where the Dems could get their agenda through with their majority, due to losing their super majority in the senate and needing the 60 to get anything passed

You have to hate those know nothings:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

110th ← → 112th

United States Capitol (2007)
Duration: January 3, 2009 – January 3, 2011

The One Hundred Eleventh United States Congress was the meeting of the legislative branch of the United States federal government from January 3, 2009, until January 3, 2011. It began during the last two weeks of the George W. Bush administration, with the remainder spanning the first two years of Barack Obama's presidency. It was composed of the Senate and the House of Representatives. The apportionment of seats in the House was based on the 2000 U.S. Census. In the November 4, 2008 elections, the Democratic Party increased its majorities in both chambers, giving President Obama a Democratic majority in the legislature for the first two years of his presidency.

111th United States Congress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yup, but no control except for THIRTEEN DAYS in session. 200 filibusters.

16%?
holy crap they pay an unfair amount of the debt.
Hate to say it but I think the rest of us should consider chipping in a bit to carry our own weight.
You know what would really be good? Everyone pay the exact same percentage. That way, when the libs decide they want a new social program, they will have to pay additional tax to fund it.
The hell they do, dingbat hater dupe. Even while they basically get all the new wealth .

Let us know how it feels to be owned.

moron.

16%?
Hate to say it but I think the rest of us should consider chipping in a bit to carry our own weight.
You know what would really be good? Everyone pay the exact same percentage. That way, when the libs decide they want a new social program, they will have to pay additional tax to fund it.
The hell they do, dingbat hater dupe. Even while they basically get all the new wealth .

moron.
Just screwed up the recovery for 4 years is all...Don't say no one told you if the depression comes back to bite us all. Much of the world is still in it. They need us to pull them out. Your austerity jackasses would have ruined us all.., dufus. Party first fools.

16%?

moron.
Just screwed up the recovery for 4 years is all...Don't say no one told you if the depression comes back to bite us all. Much of the world is still in it. They need us to pull them out. Your austerity jackasses would have ruined us all.., dufus. Party first fools.

So, when you get owned, you go to your book of stupid-ass talking points......does that give you comfort ?

BTW: Which party ?

I don't belong to one.

Mark
it was some kind of procedural maneuvering by Reed in the senate that allowed ocare to be passed with less than the 60 votes, i think it passed with 56 votes yea.

Kennedy died, losing the Dem 60 vote needed to get past the mcconnel filibuster, scott brown R, replaced Kennedy, and al frankin was challenged in his election by the R candidate with a recount, this too kept the Dems from having the 60 votes needed to overcome the republican filibusters for a time.... the dems actually had about 90 days, most while not even in session, where the R;s could not stop their agenda.....

it really was not much time at all where the Dems could get their agenda through with their majority, due to losing their super majority in the senate and needing the 60 to get anything passed
All wrong. 60 votes, they kept Franken out for 6 months with bs. They had to do the senate version...for a GOP bill really. Unbelievable mindless obstruction for 6 years.
Democrats only had a veto proof majority for 24 working days | Fact Left

Last edited:

Forum List

Back