The Rise of a New Black Conservative Movement

That bill was authored sponsored, fought for and passed because of Corey Booker.

Why didn't your Obamessiah push for it?
He did. That's why consent decrees were signed.

Then why did we need the First Step Act?
The trump DOJ ended consent decrees.

Obama's consent decrees had nothing to do with sentencing and prison terms. It was about reining in civil liberties violations by police around the country. You had the first black president who couldn't be bothered to work with Congress to put through lasting prison reforms that benefit minorities the most, but our current "racist" president who apparently hates black people used his Republican controlled Senate and House to make it a priority to have them work with the Democrats to pass permanent reforms through.

But I'm sure that all makes sense in your head. Do you ever get tired of spinning your wheels?
And trump didn't write, advocate for or pass any criminal justice reform. I gets old reading the shit you guys give trump credit for that he didn't do.

During his State of the Union address, President Donald Trump praised himself for his work on criminal justice reform. “Our roaring economy has for the first time ever given many former prisoners the ability to get a great job and a fresh start,” he said. “This second chance at life is made possible because we passed landmark criminal justice reform into law. Everybody said that criminal justice reform couldn’t be done, but I got it done and the people in this room got it done.”

Yes, it’s true that Trump—the same man who recommended heavier enforcement of stop and frisk policing, and whose administration brought back the federal death penalty and fueled the expansion of private prisons—signed a much-heralded bill in 2018 to reform the federal criminal justice system, with broad bipartisan support. The First Step Act made changes that have reduced the federal prison population, and it was the first criminal justice reform bill to pass Congress in a generation. So far, the law has shortened the prison stays of about 2,500 people who were serving disproportionately long sentences for crack cocaine offenses, most of them African American. It has also let more than 3,000 people go home early because of their good behavior during incarceration. And it could lead to improvements in prison conditions.

But as Trump claims credit for freeing people from prison, there’s one very big problem that he’s not mentioning: His Justice Department is actively pushing to send some of these same people back behind bars, and to prevent others from reducing their sentences—which greatly limits who can benefit from the law that Trump has touted as one of his signature achievements.

People like you keep talking about what the first black president didn't do for blacks but you seem to have amnesia to the 8 years of republican obstruction as well as the 8 years of right wing crying about his racism if he even dared try doing something for blacks.

It never stops amazing me how people like you will lie to yourselves in order to prop up your false delusion of reality you've convinced yourself exists.
I am not the one lying to myself.

What have Republicans offered black communities other than prisons ?

That bill was authored sponsored, fought for and passed because of Corey Booker.

There was no such messiah asian idiot, so you would be wise to not repeat white racist bullshit. Obama had police departments under consent decrees.
Obama had police under fire, you fucktard.

Obama left a legacy: A legacy of most riots while president.

Dr. Ben Carson! Anyone?

And like I said, the conservatives in the OP are not the ones promoted by the republican party. They push sellouts on us and it is done on purpose.

I have never really heard Owens say anything different than what the establishment does.

Yep. Pretty much.

Ask her about monetary policy and she'd likely look like a deer in headlights.

Heh heh.
Candace Owens is pushed on us all for only one reason, because she validates the narrative of the base about blacks while allowing them to show a black face in order to claim they are not racists. If you were to ask her about any policy, she has no clue.

If you want to pin a political label on a segment of society and call reasonable Black Americans "conservatives" it's your call but it don't make you a conservative if you are sick of being pandered to. How in the world can the democrat party claim that a simple basic item like a photo I.D. in the 21st century would discriminate against Black people? In't it insulting to be pandered to and used in an effort to circumvent the electoral process? Democrats don't give a shit about Black people. Their effort to reverse the voter I.D. law was intended to make it easy for lilly white liberals and illegal aliens vote in multiple venues.

Bullshit. The voter ID laws were targeted as one judge put it “to focus with laser like precision” on the poor and racial minorities in poor southern states.

Republicans have done everything possible to disenfranchise poor people and non-whites, and women. In Texas, women had to present their birth certificate and their driver’s license and the names had to match. As a married woman, my birth certificate has my maiden name, and my drivers license has my married name.

Unless the state is using a free form of ID which is easily available in every village, town and community in America, it will be used to Republican advantage because there are not enough Republican voters left in America for them to win fairly.

Republicans have not won the popular vote in any Congressional elections in years. They’ve held the House by voter suppression and gerrymandering. They’ve only won the popular Presidential vote once since 1990 - in 2006 and yet Republicans have held the White House for 12 of the last 20 years, and the House got 15 of those 20 years.

This isn’t a democracy by any stretch, when the will of the people is constantly bring thwarted by the minority party which has now collapsed the economy twice.

Republicans have no clue how to manage the economy. They’re useless. Other countries economies aren’t totally collapsing in this pandemic.

Last edited:

There was no such messiah asian idiot, so you would be wise to not repeat white racist bullshit. Obama had police departments under consent decrees.

The police created their own problems

• Love
Reactions: IM2
If you want to pin a political label on a segment of society and call reasonable Black Americans "conservatives" it's your call but it don't make you a conservative if you are sick of being pandered to. How in the world can the democrat party claim that a simple basic item like a photo I.D. in the 21st century would discriminate against Black people? In't it insulting to be pandered to and used in an effort to circumvent the electoral process? Democrats don't give a shit about Black people. Their effort to reverse the voter I.D. law was intended to make it easy for lilly white liberals and illegal aliens vote in multiple venues.

Bullshit. The voter ID laws were targeted as one judge put it “to focus with laser like precision” on the poor and racial minorities in poor southern states.

Republicans have done everything possible to disenfranchise poor people and non-whites, and women. In Texas, women had to present their birth certificate and their driver’s license and the names had to match. As a married woman, my birth certificate has my maiden name, and my drivers license has my married name.

Unless the state is using a free form of ID which is easily available in every village, town and community in America, it will be used to Republican advantage because there are not enough Republican voters left in America for them to win fairly.

Republicans have not won the popular vote in any Congressional elections in years. They’ve held the House by voter suppression and gerrymandering. They’ve only won the popular Presidential vote once since 1990 - in 2006 and yet Republicans have held the White House for 12 of the last 20 years, and the House got 15 of those 20 years.

This isn’t a democracy by any stretch, when the will of the people is constantly bring thwarted by the minority party which has now collapsed the economy twice.

Republicans have no clue how to hsnff dc is the economy. They’re useless. Other countries economies aren’t totally collapsing in this pandemic.
Bitch, you live in Canada and are a subject. Your "president" is a faggot that welcomes Muslims. Fuck off.

The police created their own problems
That may be, but a president hostile to them all did not help.
Personally, I think the police are out of hand, largely due to "The War on Drugs" and "The Patriot Act".
There's still good police out there that signed up for the right reasons, I'd like to think.
One kinda saved my life..in a way.
All the bad stuff with police started with umm..I think his name was "Hank Earl Ray"?
3 first names..hmm..
After him they changed to being hostile dickheads.

...What have Republicans offered black communities other than prisons ?
Why should they offer them anything at all?

Democrats are no better in their treatment of Blacks... they're just more subtle about it than their Republican counterparts.

" Vote Democrat !!! Come out and vote !!! We need you !!! Strength in numbers !!! "

And then the inner-city urban-plantation Black Folk vote (D) just like they were told to do.

And, once the Dems win, they go on their way, and ignore the Black folk for another four years, until they need 'em again at the polls.

Oh, Dems will "offer" ( lure / bribe ) Blacks with a few more goodies, but that just increases the Terrible Dependency in the long run.

One need look no further than any large-scale city controlled for decades by Democrats to know the profound truth of that observation.
Mainly because they offer whites things and try taking things from blacks. You are wrong about democrats and your opinion is what the black conservatives in the OP is talking about. As long as you talk like this, you can forget about blacks becoming republicans. Your observation is wrong because those cities are run by democrats because republicans run and lose. You talk about cities while I live in a state ruined by republican policies.

"It looks like conservatives talking about blacks as people deserving of dignity instead of treating them as mentally inferior. It means seeing them as fellow Americans instead of slaves on a fictional plantation. It means emphasizing truth over narrative and seeking a genuine understanding of those we wish to reach instead of relying on lazy stereotypes and meaningless platitudes."

"We favor an approach that involves up-close conversation and discourse instead of the mindless repeating of banal platitudes about Chicago’s homicide rates from a distance."

"Conservatives have been saying that black Democrats are slaves on the Democratic plantation since the ‘60s. It was off-putting then, and it’s off-putting now. The GOP has refused to develop a viable strategy to reach black voters and other minorities. Since the ‘60s, they have surrendered the black voter to the left while convincing their members to believe blacks don’t vote for Republicans because they just want “free stuff.” Yes, that’s yet another stereotype that should be debunked. We wish to see this change. "

Why wouldn't any self-respecting black person want to become a Republican? Someone doesn't have to be a Rhodes scholar to figure out what President Trump has done for black folks, compared to how little Obama and the Democrat party has done for them.

Under Obama, black unemployment went to record levels. New black-owned businesses were down, food stamp usage and welfare skyrocketed, fewer blacks bought land or houses, and there was an abnormally-high amount of unrest in the black communities. There were riots where black-owned businesses and homes were burned to the ground, as in the Ferguson and Milwaukee riots.

President Trump on the other hand, enacted a justice reform program that freed black folks who were incarcerated for no other reason than being black. The black and Hispanic unemployment rate was the lowest since the government started to record that data in 1972.

Food stamp usage and welfare dropped significantly in the black community, and many African-Americans were opening new businesses and buying homes.

Trump has done nothing for blacks. Due to Bush black unemployment went to record levels. New black-owned businesses were down, food stamp usage and welfare skyrocketed, fewer blacks bought land or houses, and there was an abnormally-high amount of unrest in the black communities . Obama inherited that dead economy.

Ferguson happened because a white prosecuting attorney refused to indict a white policeman that murdered a black teenager in cold blood. Black unrest was no higher during Obama than at any other time. Whites are the ones that had the problem.

Corey Booker wrote, sponsored, advocated for and helped get p assed the justice reform bill while the trump DOJ ended consent decrees made to reduce racism in police department and his administration is gutting the civil rights department while relaxing civil rights policies. These reductions you talk about were he result of Obamas policies, bot trumps..

Donald Trump has often been described as a man who was born on third base and thinks he hit a triple. This is mostly because he boasts endlessly about a fortune he built even though he inherited millions from his successful father. But it’s also a pretty good description of how Trump talks about the economy.

Take his recent comments about joblessness among African-Americans. Over the weekend, Trump celebrated the fact that the official unemployment rate among blacks had fallen to 6.8 percent, a record low. “I am so happy about this News!” he tweeted. Trump then picked up the theme again this morning, apparently after watching a fawning Fox & Friends segment that declared “African Americans and Hispanics are officially doing better with [Trump] than under President Obama.”

There are a few funny things about this. First, Trump and his favorite morning show have built a remarkably efficient echo chamber. The president tweets a talking point. Fox runs a segment affirming it. Then Trump tweets about it some more. It’s an ouroboros of inanity.

It’s also amusing to see Trump crowing about the official unemployment rate, after spending his entire presidential campaign calling it a “fiction.”

But the bigger issue here is that, much like virtually every other improvement in the labor market over the past year, the employment gains blacks and Hispanics have seen are mostly just a continuation of steady trends that well predate Trump. Joblessness among minorities has been on the decline for the better part of eight years. That’s in part because a black president spent the first years of his terms trying to save a mortally injured economy. Now Trump seems to think black voters will forget all of that work.

View attachment 336576
Yeah … you aren't ready to escape the Dem Plantation.

Conservatives have been saying that black Democrats are slaves on the Democratic plantation since the ‘60s. It was off-putting then, and it’s off-putting now. The GOP has refused to develop a viable strategy to reach black voters and other minorities. Since the ‘60s, they have surrendered the black voter to the left while convincing their members to believe blacks don’t vote for Republicans because they just want “free stuff.” Yes, that’s yet another stereotype that should be debunked.

Maybe it's time for you to stop being a right wing serf.

So I will ask again. What issues do you think are important to Black voters? This is your chance to educate us stupid white folk. :)

Republicans have no clue how to hsnff dc is the economy. They’re useless. Other countries economies aren’t totally collapsing in this pandemic.
Republicans have learned to rule from a minority.
But they are losing the demographic war as old white Christian males are dying out

They have started phase 2 where if they can no longer win elections, they have stacked the courts with young Conservatives.
They will raise court challenges of every piece of Democratic legislation and win.

Candace Owens is a modern day Harriet Tubman helping black people flee the mental slavery of the Democrat party plantation. ... :cool:

Candace Owens is an apologist for the treatment of black people by white conservatives. Yes, my people are stupid and lazy. You're right. They did this to themselves. And they clap her on the back and say what a smart ****** she is.

That is truly racist bullshit. When in doubt if you don't agree with their opinions imply or call them an uncle tom. You must be very proud of yourself.
There was nothing racist there. Dragonlady spoke the truth. That's exactly what they do to Owens. She is an Uncle Tom.

But they are losing the demographic war as old white Christian males are dying out

They have started phase 2 where if they can no longer win elections, they have stacked the courts with young Conservatives.
They will raise court challenges of every piece of Democratic legislation and win.
Seems that is going to be the case. The country will move backwards.

This same bullshit. :lol: Stat said the same shit in 2016 before I drove him off the board. The electorate is in constant flux. Blacks and Hispanics and trending to the GOP. White working class males used to the the bedrock of the Dim Party. They are gone. Stop with the same tired shit.

...What have Republicans offered black communities other than prisons ?
Why should they offer them anything at all?

Democrats are no better in their treatment of Blacks... they're just more subtle about it than their Republican counterparts.

" Vote Democrat !!! Come out and vote !!! We need you !!! Strength in numbers !!! "

And then the inner-city urban-plantation Black Folk vote (D) just like they were told to do.

And, once the Dems win, they go on their way, and ignore the Black folk for another four years, until they need 'em again at the polls.

Oh, Dems will "offer" ( lure / bribe ) Blacks with a few more goodies, but that just increases the Terrible Dependency in the long run.

One need look no further than any large-scale city controlled for decades by Democrats to know the profound truth of that observation.
Mainly because they offer whites things and try taking things from blacks. You are wrong about democrats and your opinion is what the black conservatives in the OP is talking about. As long as you talk like this, you can forget about blacks becoming republicans. Your observation is wrong because those cities are run by democrats because republicans run and lose. You talk about cities while I live in a state ruined by republican policies.

"It looks like conservatives talking about blacks as people deserving of dignity instead of treating them as mentally inferior. It means seeing them as fellow Americans instead of slaves on a fictional plantation. It means emphasizing truth over narrative and seeking a genuine understanding of those we wish to reach instead of relying on lazy stereotypes and meaningless platitudes."

"We favor an approach that involves up-close conversation and discourse instead of the mindless repeating of banal platitudes about Chicago’s homicide rates from a distance."

"Conservatives have been saying that black Democrats are slaves on the Democratic plantation since the ‘60s. It was off-putting then, and it’s off-putting now. The GOP has refused to develop a viable strategy to reach black voters and other minorities. Since the ‘60s, they have surrendered the black voter to the left while convincing their members to believe blacks don’t vote for Republicans because they just want “free stuff.” Yes, that’s yet another stereotype that should be debunked. We wish to see this change. "

Why wouldn't any self-respecting black person want to become a Republican? Someone doesn't have to be a Rhodes scholar to figure out what President Trump has done for black folks, compared to how little Obama and the Democrat party has done for them.

Under Obama, black unemployment went to record levels. New black-owned businesses were down, food stamp usage and welfare skyrocketed, fewer blacks bought land or houses, and there was an abnormally-high amount of unrest in the black communities. There were riots where black-owned businesses and homes were burned to the ground, as in the Ferguson and Milwaukee riots.

President Trump on the other hand, enacted a justice reform program that freed black folks who were incarcerated for no other reason than being black. The black and Hispanic unemployment rate was the lowest since the government started to record that data in 1972.

Food stamp usage and welfare dropped significantly in the black community, and many African-Americans were opening new businesses and buying homes.

Trump has done nothing for blacks. Due to Bush black unemployment went to record levels. New black-owned businesses were down, food stamp usage and welfare skyrocketed, fewer blacks bought land or houses, and there was an abnormally-high amount of unrest in the black communities . Obama inherited that dead economy.

Ferguson happened because a white prosecuting attorney refused to indict a white policeman that murdered a black teenager in cold blood. Black unrest was no higher during Obama than at any other time. Whites are the ones that had the problem.

Corey Booker wrote, sponsored, advocated for and helped get p assed the justice reform bill while the trump DOJ ended consent decrees made to reduce racism in police department and his administration is gutting the civil rights department while relaxing civil rights policies. These reductions you talk about were he result of Obamas policies, bot trumps..

Donald Trump has often been described as a man who was born on third base and thinks he hit a triple. This is mostly because he boasts endlessly about a fortune he built even though he inherited millions from his successful father. But it’s also a pretty good description of how Trump talks about the economy.

Take his recent comments about joblessness among African-Americans. Over the weekend, Trump celebrated the fact that the official unemployment rate among blacks had fallen to 6.8 percent, a record low. “I am so happy about this News!” he tweeted. Trump then picked up the theme again this morning, apparently after watching a fawning Fox & Friends segment that declared “African Americans and Hispanics are officially doing better with [Trump] than under President Obama.”

There are a few funny things about this. First, Trump and his favorite morning show have built a remarkably efficient echo chamber. The president tweets a talking point. Fox runs a segment affirming it. Then Trump tweets about it some more. It’s an ouroboros of inanity.

It’s also amusing to see Trump crowing about the official unemployment rate, after spending his entire presidential campaign calling it a “fiction.”

But the bigger issue here is that, much like virtually every other improvement in the labor market over the past year, the employment gains blacks and Hispanics have seen are mostly just a continuation of steady trends that well predate Trump. Joblessness among minorities has been on the decline for the better part of eight years. That’s in part because a black president spent the first years of his terms trying to save a mortally injured economy. Now Trump seems to think black voters will forget all of that work.

View attachment 336576
Yeah … you aren't ready to escape the Dem Plantation.

Conservatives have been saying that black Democrats are slaves on the Democratic plantation since the ‘60s. It was off-putting then, and it’s off-putting now. The GOP has refused to develop a viable strategy to reach black voters and other minorities. Since the ‘60s, they have surrendered the black voter to the left while convincing their members to believe blacks don’t vote for Republicans because they just want “free stuff.” Yes, that’s yet another stereotype that should be debunked.

Maybe it's time for you to stop being a right wing serf.

So I will ask again. What issues do you think are important to Black voters? This is your chance to educate us stupid white folk. :)
Not issues republicans are interested in. Not when your party and people like you spend time defending an idiot like Candice Owens.

Seems that is going to be the case. The country will move backwards.

I understand. Any Black person you disagree with is an uncle tom. Got it!!! :thup:

This same bullshit. :lol: Stat said the same shit in 2016 before I drove him off the board. The electorate is in constant flux. Blacks and Hispanics and trending to the GOP. White working class males used to the the bedrock of the Dim Party. They are gone. Stop with the same tired shit.
Blacks are not trending to the republican party. You are going to learn this the hard way in November.

Forum List

Back