The threat to Christianity is real

Both ends of this discussion are correct.

Yes, the Regressive Left wants to minimize and/or eradicate Christianity from the public square, and has adopted another ideology as its pet oppressed constituent religion, the one that it so passionately defends at every opportunity.

And yes, they have the right to leverage the Constitution to reach this goal.
The Constitution explicitely defends freedom of religion. That includes both Christianity and Islam. Equally.

Maybe some folks need to extract themselves from the arseholes of their pet hate sites, clean the crap from their eyes and get out, meet a Christian or a Muslim, actually talk, have lunch with them. Dont depend on others to form your opinions about them.

Thatmight be overly optimistic though. Swimming in swill is safer than entertaining an open mind.
The Constitution was drafted in a context and environment that was entirely Christian. Or at least in an environment devoid of Islam, Buddhism, and any other faith, even Judaism (hence the concern of a Jewish community communicated to George Washington).

Religion was synonymous with Christianity. The clause recognizing a freedom of religion was a clause recognizing denominational equality.
It was also drafted in a time of slavery and rights were not extended to slaves or women.

There is a considerable body of jurisprudence and constitutional law upholding the rights of all religions in this country. Religious freedom, is a foundational pillar and not exclusively for Christians.
"Slavery and rights"? Yea, okay.

Good grief.

At any rate, the Constitution was drafted in a context and environment that was entirely Christian. No Buddhist, Mohammedan, Jew, or anyone else participated in the Constitutional Convention.

Yes, the Regressive Left wants to minimize and/or eradicate Christianity from the public square, and has adopted another ideology as its pet oppressed constituent religion, the one that it so passionately defends at every opportunity.

The Constitution explicitely defends freedom of religion. That includes both Christianity and Islam. Equally.

Maybe some folks need to extract themselves from the arseholes of their pet hate sites, clean the crap from their eyes and get out, meet a Christian or a Muslim, actually talk, have lunch with them. Dont depend on others to form your opinions about them.

Thatmight be overly optimistic though. Swimming in swill is safer than entertaining an open mind.
The Constitution was drafted in a context and environment that was entirely Christian. Or at least in an environment devoid of Islam, Buddhism, and any other faith, even Judaism (hence the concern of a Jewish community communicated to George Washington).

Religion was synonymous with Christianity. The clause recognizing a freedom of religion was a clause recognizing denominational equality.
It was also drafted in a time of slavery and rights were not extended to slaves or women.

There is a considerable body of jurisprudence and constitutional law upholding the rights of all religions in this country. Religious freedom, is a foundational pillar and not exclusively for Christians.
At any rate, the Constitution was drafted in a context and environment that was entirely Christian. No Buddhist, Mohammedan, Jew, or anyone else participated in the Constitutional Convention.
Not “entirely Christian”.
As you yourself noted, there were many variations.
Deism was fairly common then, including Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, and Thomas Paine, who was not very religious.

Funny thing is the Bible says this would happen
... and the funny thing is the Bible has a lot of incredible stories made in ancient times when authoritarian men were relatively ignorant about their surroundings yet had to explain their racist/ethnic views to 99% of the population that was illiterate.
That one went completely over your head
Perhaps your Bible flew over your head.

You don't have the first clue. I've forgotten more about then you'll ever know. Go troll someone else

... and the funny thing is the Bible has a lot of incredible stories made in ancient times when authoritarian men were relatively ignorant about their surroundings yet had to explain their racist/ethnic views to 99% of the population that was illiterate.
You don't have the first clue. I've forgotten more about then you'll ever know. Go troll someone else
Another non-response to our Bible comments?
Looks like deflection to hide your insecurity.

You heard me, troll.

True Conservatives understand this all too well....yet so many folks...not just liberals are refusing to face up to it.

Apathy is a huge,huge problem in America and if we are to defend ourselves, people must awake from their stupor and obsession with entertainment and sporting events.....invest some time in helping to insure that the America their kids will inherit is still around in a recognizable form....too many are arrogant and in their arrogance they assume there is no threat to America or to Christians. They could not be more wrong.

Glenn Beck is praising David Horowitz’s new book Dark Agenda: The War to Destroy Christianity in America.

David Horowitz, a Jew-- taking a stand to protect Christians.

David is a leading conservative and a Jew. He is speaking out about the growing persecution of Christians in America.

“The threat is frightening,” Horowitz says.

“I thought this book would be a warning about the future, but the plan to destroy Christianity is already underway and a real threat today,” Horowitz said, detailing why he wrote Dark Agenda.

Glenn Beck on Dark Agenda: Threat to Christians Real

let me guess.....

liberals are waging war on christians and the ONLY WAY to defend your lives and your beliefs is to STRIKE FIRST and kill ALL the liberals!

in self defense.....

right?

Ann coulter said "we should shoot a few liberals"

rush limbaugh said "leave only a few liberals left alive"

which method do YOU subscribe to in DEFENDING your religion?

Let me guess. You were in such a hurry to start "thinking" about what we think and believe - rather than just asking first - that you started without bothering to plug your brain in first?

You heard me, troll.
You talking to yourself in the mirror? Sad.

True Conservatives understand this all too well....yet so many folks...not just liberals are refusing to face up to it.

Apathy is a huge,huge problem in America and if we are to defend ourselves, people must awake from their stupor and obsession with entertainment and sporting events.....invest some time in helping to insure that the America their kids will inherit is still around in a recognizable form....too many are arrogant and in their arrogance they assume there is no threat to America or to Christians. They could not be more wrong.

Glenn Beck is praising David Horowitz’s new book Dark Agenda: The War to Destroy Christianity in America.

David is a leading conservative and a Jew. He is speaking out about the growing persecution of Christians in America.

“I thought this book would be a warning about the future, but the plan to destroy Christianity is already underway and a real threat today,” Horowitz said, detailing why he wrote Dark Agenda.

I'm a secular atheist, support pot smoking and gay rights and defend the rights of ALL religions (yes, even you and yours)....

am I part of the problem?

Must I be dealt with to save your religion from my despicable attacks on your religion?

It's actually the fact that you're a blithering fool who is arrogantly proud of the intelligence he mistakenly thinks he has that needs something done about it.

Judging from the actual posts I've seen you make, you have no idea what religious freedoms even ARE, let alone have any interest in defending them. To quote a brilliant person just a moment ago, sit your stupid ass down.

let me guess.....

liberals are waging war on christians and the ONLY WAY to defend your lives and your beliefs is to STRIKE FIRST and kill ALL the liberals!

in self defense.....

right?

Ann coulter said "we should shoot a few liberals"

rush limbaugh said "leave only a few liberals left alive"

which method do YOU subscribe to in DEFENDING your religion?

You're a fcking loon, dude

Christians don't subscribe to killing all liberals

Sit your stupid ass down

"Christians don't subscribe to killing all liberals"

Not ALL?

how many?

rush limbaugh says "leave only a few left alive"

ann coulter said "we should shoot a few"

which method do YOU approve of?

View attachment 253316

Before you go trying to discuss the Bible and it's believers, start with a simpler book: the dictionary.

Look up "sarcasm" and "hyperbole".

Funny how that works.

Funny a lot of things it tells us would happen are happening

Pretty good for a bunch of goat herders writing it as the left professes

Not to mention the philosophical and moral depth that has changed millions of lives and many societies for the better for 2000 years. Those were some brilliant darned goat herders.

Funny how that works.

Funny a lot of things it tells us would happen are happening

Pretty good for a bunch of goat herders writing it as the left professes

Not to mention the philosophical and moral depth that has changed millions of lives and many societies for the better for 2000 years. Those were some brilliant darned goat herders.

Smarter than your typical left loon

You heard me, troll.
You talking to yourself in the mirror? Sad.
You are why I generally stay out of the religion forum. The Atheist trolls who contribute nothing.

"Answer not a fool according to his folly"--God

I am not a Christian, nor anything else, for that matter. I am agnostic but I see how the current PC culture in this country is seeking out and persecuting Christians. What the f**k are you all afraid of?

Being reminded that there is something absolute and objective beyond themselves and their own desires.

Exactly HOW is Christianity being threatened?

By not allowing nativity scenes on public property? By not allowing school administrations to lead prayers?

Has any Christian been prevented from attending the church of their choice? Has anyone denied a Christian their right to worship?

Or has there been a push to follow the US Constitution, which forbids a national religion?

You get that the OP actually was about a book detailing the answer to that question, right? Is it too nuts for you to follow the link, instead of demanding answers to your leading questions about "THIS is the only thing that I consider a threat, so if it doesn't happen, then you're wrong!"?

Exactly HOW is Christianity being threatened?

By not allowing nativity scenes on public property? By not allowing school administrations to lead prayers?

Has any Christian been prevented from attending the church of their choice? Has anyone denied a Christian their right to worship?

Or has there been a push to follow the US Constitution, which forbids a national religion?

Christianity is the last target for approved hate. THAT is the threat. It's not only acceptable, it's actually GOOD to hate Christians--particularly if they are white and male.

If you can't see that, open your eyes.

So people disliking Christians is a threat? Wow

There is dislike and there is hatred.....what we see now is more like hatred in most cases and extreme hatred in a lot of cases which is growing.

In the same vein that German Nazis dislliked/hated Jews.

Or the same vein that Christians (for decades) hated gays, other religions and anyone who disagreed with them?

Yeah, THAT'S totally rational.

No, atheists do contribute. Calling them trolls is the mistake, especially when the stigmatizers don't have the courage to objectively discuss the material being presented in front of the other prisoners, their worst nightmare being a pop quiz on said material. The cost of reifying dangerous self-glossing literature of religion is high. Evolution is leaving the religious phenotype behind. Naturally, because nature is not opposed to invention, it is opposed to myth. Knowledge is replacing faith planetwide. One can understand the anxiety symptoms.

Not “entirely Christian”.
As you yourself noted, there were many variations.
Deism was fairly common then, including Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, and Thomas Paine, who was not very religious.
Jefferson? Paine? Even if they were Deists, Deism was not present in Independence Hall. The only faith at the convention was Christianity.

And after Franklin experimented with Deism, he abandoned it, all before the Constitutional Convention. The only faith there was Christianity.

Christianity is the last target for approved hate. THAT is the threat. It's not only acceptable, it's actually GOOD to hate Christians--particularly if they are white and male.

If you can't see that, open your eyes.

So people disliking Christians is a threat? Wow

There is dislike and there is hatred.....what we see now is more like hatred in most cases and extreme hatred in a lot of cases which is growing.

In the same vein that German Nazis dislliked/hated Jews.

Or the same vein that Christians (for decades) hated gays, other religions and anyone who disagreed with them?
The final chapter of the Bible tells us things. And part of it is buy and sell. I am not a religious person but I have a religious background. The gay movement was for respect and dignity. Not it is on maxidrive for every way of non hetero living possible. So if the Christians get it, you will be soon after.

I have never met a gay man or lesbian that was against me or my lifestyle.

You either weren't listening, or they weren't telling you the truth. I've met lots of them who are downright hostile toward heterosexuality in general.

Forum List

Back