this is no delusion
Mormons have feelings too

what's so amazing
about a thread about Lists
that makes someone post there at all?

Someday we'll find out
the Mormon connection: that
Huggy's just silly and small.

Came up with that all on your own did ya?

I think of you as a Latter Day Saint who happens to be of the Mormon persuasion and follows Mormonism, which is the way of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon.

Sometimes, Truthspeaker, labels are merely objective definitions for classification and division.

I certainly imply nothing negative about "Mormonism" or "Mormons." Those who do such I begin to wonder if they understand Christ and Christianity.

Why are there so many
songs about Mormons and
what's on the golden slabs?

Mormons are People
this is no delusion

what's so amazing

Someday we'll find out

What I don't understand is that atheists don't recognize they are the biggest faith holders in the world.

I think of you as a Latter Day Saint who happens to be of the Mormon persuasion and follows Mormonism, which is the way of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon.

Sometimes, Truthspeaker, labels are merely objective definitions for classification and division.

I certainly imply nothing negative about "Mormonism" or "Mormons." Those who do such I begin to wonder if they understand Christ and Christianity.

You see but you are still labeling and trying to grasp the situation. There is so much more to each individual than you think. the label is so empty to me.

Sorry, but mormonism is the autistic child of the religious community. Cute but with a very tenuous grasp on reality.
Most mormons are born into it, and therefore breast fed it since birth, so it's hard not to grow up with those beliefs. But very few people are ever converted to it. You know why? Because it makes very little sense to the normal person.

Sorry, but mormonism is the autistic child of the religious community. Cute but with a very tenuous grasp on reality.
Most mormons are born into it, and therefore breast fed it since birth, so it's hard not to grow up with those beliefs. But very few people are ever converted to it. You know why? Because it makes very little sense to the normal person.

May want to check those figures, you are wrong about conversions.

Why? What kind of figures do you have?
If there are around 12 million mormons worldwide, I would say that the conversion rate out of 6 billion+ people is pretty minimal.

Most are born into it?

I don't see how the math supports you. The Church of Jesus Christ has been growing at a steady 2% rate due to convert baptisms that are aprox. 250K-275L a year. That's actually on the low side. Some years have been much higher.

Some of the fastest growing areas of the Church are in Africa and Latin America. Are you suggesting that people from Utah have been immigrating to these areas and reproducing in order to grow the Church in these locations? The idea is absurd.

Many people convert to the Church. In fact, most people I know are either direct converts or children of direct converts.

If it makes little sense to people, then why do you have to argue points that are blatantly false? There is power in the Church of Jesus Christ. The Power of the Holy Spirit. The power of God working in the hearts of men. Study it. If it makes so little sense, try to understand why people might believe it. Then atleast you wont look completely ignorant.

Why? What kind of figures do you have?
If there are around 12 million mormons worldwide, I would say that the conversion rate out of 6 billion+ people is pretty minimal.

Closer to 13 millions. But then your whole analysis is faulty because the total amount of people in the population is irrelevant to the calculations.

The question is of the 13 million, now many were born to it, and how many people converted? Given the aprox 250K-250K a year, or a conservative growth rate of 2% a year, the figures show that most of the 13 million would be converts. Especially since the highest rates of the growth are occuring in nations that didn't have significant Mormon populations 10-15 years ago.

I'm saying that 200k is a tiny number compared to the number of people on this planet. Infinitesimal even. And that most are in Africa and Latin America speaks for itself (very uneducated, in other words, mostly still on the ignorant side).

Born into it, I mean into a family of mormons. Sorry if you're hard of English.

I don't doubt that there's a massive amount of power in the Jesus movement, why else do you think that the US supports Israel except to hasten the supposed coming of the next Jesus.

Why are there so many
songs about Mormons and
what's on the golden slabs?

Mormons are People
this is no delusion

what's so amazing

Someday we'll find out

I'm just droppin by to sling gang signs:lol::lol: WAZZUP??? BITCHES????

I voted Christian, though I do not believe the title fits your faith.

I have several Mormon friends. All of whom are respectable and good citizens.
I voted for Mitt Romney in the '08 primary.
So please know that I consider Mormons good people of a warm and friendly faith.

But Jesus is Jehova. I am concerned that your faith is based on a guy (Joseph Smith) that could not be anything short of a total lunatic.
Of course some might say that of Jesus Christ Himself, but I believe the King James Bible account. I believe that Jesus Christ IS God, Himself. ... just as Jesus said He was..

That doesn't mean that I wouldn't consider you a friend. :)

Last edited:
Almost every Mormon, whether LDS or FLDS or whatever, have been neat people. That their faith is not "the one true gospel" is immaterial.

So please know that I consider Mormons good people of a warm and friendly faith.

But Jesus is Jehova. I am concerned that your faith is based on a guy (Joseph Smith) that could not be anything short of a total lunatic.
Of course some might say that of Jesus Christ Himself, but I believe the King James Bible account. I believe that Jesus Christ IS God, Himself. ... just as Jesus said He was..

How does Joseph Smith telling people that Jesus is Jehovah and that he has seen Him make Joseph a total lunatic or deny that Jesus is who He said He was?

I'm saying that 200k is a tiny number compared to the number of people on this planet. Infinitesimal even. And that most are in Africa and Latin America speaks for itself (very uneducated, in other words, mostly still on the ignorant side).

I don't doubt that there's a massive amount of power in the Jesus movement, why else do you think that the US supports Israel except to hasten the supposed coming of the next Jesus.

So in otherwords, you have absolutely nothing to support anything you've said and don't even have the decency to admit that you are wrong when you say most mormons are born into it.

We also consider Jesus to be JEHOVAH. That may have just rocked your world:eusa_angel:

I served my mission in africa and your statement has just revealed you to be the uneducated one. First off, Africans speak an average of 3 completely different languages fluently. 2nd off they are some of the brightest people I have ever met. They don't need schools in order to be intelligent. Your incredibly racist statement is rife with holes in it. Africa is a poor continent to be sure, but don't let that fool you. they're smart but unfortunately leadership is very selfish and greedy in most african countries and most governments are designed to keep the population from having wealth or weapons so that they can hoard all of both to themselves. They are not stupid because they don't decide to fight their governments with sticks and stones while the guards have automatic and semiautomatic weapons. They are just deprived.

I know those people inside and out. They're as smart as they come. and when one of them decides to join the church, you better believe there was a lot of thought that went into it before they decided to jump in.

Last edited:
JoLouis has not been to the major cities in South America or Africa. The middle classes on both continents are bettered educate than our middle class, speak more languages, and have a more inclusive world outlook.

Forum List

Back