Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
I don't know where truthmatters gets this obsession with 'secrecy' and 'excluding' people. My understanding - and I've attended Mormon weddings - is that very few people attend the actual ceremony. At the wedding I attended, most family members - including Mormons - didn't attend that part. It didn't make any of the non-Mormons feel unwelcome or excluded. Quite the opposite, I found the Mormons there to be very friendly.

We had a great time - even without alcohol!!!

What Mormons believe is their business - I don't necessarily agree with all their beliefs any more than they would agree with mine.... However, I'd rather have a Mormon on my side than an atheist. Now, atheists... they are weird. Must be hard to believe in nothing.

For the non Mormons on this thread.... just read back through the thousands of posts for a while and see for yourself. No matter what the provocation - and some people here have been seriously pathetic in their attacks of Mormons.... Not once have our Mormon posters reacted with anything more than patience. Personally, I respect them much more than those who claim 'intellectual superiority' and then fall back on stupid arguments against them.

I'm gonna say it again.... High Five to the Mormons on this site. You guys hold your ground with honor and dignity and this Catholic respects that.

CGirl, I think non-mormons aren't allowed at the actual ceremony because from I heard, there's at least one sheep involved. Don't ask me what for! :ack-1:

a catholic high fives a mormon?

that's gotta be a punchline for a joke!

I don't know where truthmatters gets this obsession with 'secrecy' and 'excluding' people. My understanding - and I've attended Mormon weddings - is that very few people attend the actual ceremony. At the wedding I attended, most family members - including Mormons - didn't attend that part. It didn't make any of the non-Mormons feel unwelcome or excluded. Quite the opposite, I found the Mormons there to be very friendly.

We had a great time - even without alcohol!!!

What Mormons believe is their business - I don't necessarily agree with all their beliefs any more than they would agree with mine.... However, I'd rather have a Mormon on my side than an atheist. Now, atheists... they are weird. Must be hard to believe in nothing.

For the non Mormons on this thread.... just read back through the thousands of posts for a while and see for yourself. No matter what the provocation - and some people here have been seriously pathetic in their attacks of Mormons.... Not once have our Mormon posters reacted with anything more than patience. Personally, I respect them much more than those who claim 'intellectual superiority' and then fall back on stupid arguments against them.

I'm gonna say it again.... High Five to the Mormons on this site. You guys hold your ground with honor and dignity and this Catholic respects that.

alcohol was served, just not to you they new your condition

CGirl, I think non-mormons aren't allowed at the actual ceremony because from I heard, there's at least one sheep involved. Don't ask me what for! :ack-1:

fail:eusa_liar:

I said it earlier in this monolithic thread and I'll say it again, dude:

congrats on posting what is probably one of the largest threads on USMB.

I'm very surprised at it's staying power. I should start collecting royalties:eusa_angel: I think we'll get to 100,000 views. I doubt any other has reached this.

Since I have family members who are Mormons, I'm aware of their practices. Your point?

You could always just DECIDE to not marry a mormon. Everybody is welcome to the reception anyway and in such cases where this happens, what usually happens is there is a separate ring ceremony followed by a reception which is the same as a traditional marriage so no one is left out.

WHY DO THEY NOT ALLOW FAMILY AT WEDDINGS!

you NEVER answered my question.

When you have a religion that shuts out family because of religious prejudice then you have a problem.

There are things you dont wnat the world to know about you.

That makes you a closed religion.

Its cult like and I will never respect an organized religion that has secret practices.

I will NEVER vote for a mormon for office because of your secrets.

Again it's not secret. You are more than welcome to repent of your sins and be taught everything. In fact, we encourage you to. We want you to read the Book of Mormon. We want you to be prepared for the Temple and to learn what the Lord wants to teach you.

Not our fault if you don't want to do what's necessary to learn it.

Shame you don't have an open mind or a desire to learn anything. You'd be very surprised what you'd learn.

You could always just DECIDE to not marry a mormon. Everybody is welcome to the reception anyway and in such cases where this happens, what usually happens is there is a separate ring ceremony followed by a reception which is the same as a traditional marriage so no one is left out.

WHY DO THEY NOT ALLOW FAMILY AT WEDDINGS!

you NEVER answered my question.

When you have a religion that shuts out family because of religious prejudice then you have a problem.

There are things you dont wnat the world to know about you.

That makes you a closed religion.

Its cult like and I will never respect an organized religion that has secret practices.

I will NEVER vote for a mormon for office because of your secrets.

Again it's not secret. You are more than welcome to repent of your sins and be taught everything. In fact, we encourage you to. We want you to read the Book of Mormon. We want you to be prepared for the Temple and to learn what the Lord wants to teach you.

Not our fault if you don't want to do what's necessary to learn it.

Shame you don't have an open mind or a desire to learn anything. You'd be very surprised what you'd learn

tom-cruise-acting20crazy.jpg

Do you believe your a god?

Well, Jesus Christ said "ye are gods" to those who recieve the word.

So yes. I take Jesus as a very credible resource.

The scriptures are pretty clear

We partake of the Divine nature (2 Peter 1:4)
We are joint heirs with Christ and recieve everything the Father has (Rom 8:17)
We are to recieve a crown of glory (1 Peter 5:4)
We will be like God when He comes (1 John 3:2)
We will be perfected and sanctified (Heb 10:14)
We will be one with the Father as Jesus is one with the Father (John 17:21)

Are you suggesting that we can be one with God without being Divine? That we aren't actually going to inherit everything the Father has including his power, dominion, glory, perfection, character, etc?

Personally, I believe Christ. I believe the Apostles testimony of Christ and the Father. Why should I pretend otherwise?

Are you suggesting that we can be one with God without being Divine? That we aren't actually going to inherit everything the Father has including his power, dominion, glory, perfection, character, etc?

Personally, I believe Christ. I believe the Apostles testimony of Christ and the Father. Why should I pretend otherwise?

That might work if the bible wasn't all second hand hearsay.

That might work if the bible wasn't all second hand hearsay.

Well I don't know if secondhand is the perfect word to describe it but I get your point. It's not hearsay that's for sure. It needs proper interpretation let's just say that.

You may try reading the book of mormon and I'd like to get your thoughts on it.

Talking about twisting the truth, Jesus ask the jewish leaders a question. " Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?"
If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? Thus jesus is saying to them they the Jews put that text in their jewishs laws.

It says we will be like him meaning in spirit form, it does say we will be gods, mormons got that from men like joey,he told the idiots that were dumb enough to follow him that they would be gods over the non mormons, what a con.

It says we will be like him meaning in spirit form, it does say we will be gods, mormons got that from men like joey,he told the idiots that were dumb enough to follow him that they would be gods over the non mormons, what a con.

I would have thought that you would be able to argue your point without resorting to insulting Mormons. We have that whole 'judge not, lest ye be judged' thing going on in Christianity.

I always find the wisest course is for God to decide who is and is not a Believer.

I would have thought that you would be able to argue your point without resorting to insulting Mormons. We have that whole 'judge not, lest ye be judged' thing going on in Christianity.

I always find the wisest course is for God to decide who is and is not a Believer.

It also says you know them by their fruit they bare.

It also says you know them by their fruit they bare.

I think that's the point she is making.

Forum List

Back