The un-celebrity president: Jimmy Carter shuns riches, lives modestly in his Georgia hometown

The guy has a full time staff of armed bodyguards courtesy of the U.S. taxpayers and a pension that would rival any Wall Street banker for four years inept service and a medical plan fit for a freaking king, courtesy of the U.S. taxpayers so his lifestyle isn't exactly "modest". He's not a good guy. He is a democrat operative and always will be. Carter gave a speech to W&L University in Virginia shortly after Al Gore lost the election and he told law students that "the U.S. electoral system is inherently corrupt". He gave no evidence and the use of the word "inherently" indicates a profound disrespect for the U.S. Constitution. Carter is not only an idiot, he is a left wing idiot.
He has bodyguards to protect him from us
I am certain that if he had his choice, he would do without them

Jimmy was a shitty president ....but a good guy overall otherwise.
spot on...Jimmy Carter was the first person I ever voted for which directly led to me voting for a man I considered to be the worst politician alive Ronald Reagan, but by 84 I was leading the parade for reagan...it was reagans deeds in office that led most of the nation to the conclusion that the media could not be trusted.

Jimmy Carter was, at that time, a fundamentally good man. Incompetent and gullible but decent. Remember..he was the last man the Democrats ever ran who had actually held a job outside of the government. After him the ruling elites took over and pulled the Democrats to the land of the loony left.
Reagan was my first vote in 1984. My mom voted for Jimmy Carter in 1980 like you but had become a fanatical Reganite by the 1984 election. Even my grandparents, lifelong Democrats, were Republican by his second term due to watching the Democrats attack his success.
Carter was the last President to balance a budget

Much of what happened during his presidency was out of his control.

Jimmy Carter collapses from dehydration, receives medical attention

By JAKE LAHUT

07/13/2017 02:29 PM EDT

In this photo provided by the Manitoba Government, former President Jimmy Carter drinks while helping build homes for Habitat for Humanity in Winnipeg, Manitoba on Thursday. Carter was treated for dehydration while volunteering with Habitat for Humanity. | AP Photo

Former President Jimmy Carter collapsed on Thursday from dehydration on a Habitat for Humanity construction site in Winnipeg, Canada.

Carter subsequently received medical attention once an ambulance was called and EMTs came to his side on scene. The former president was then taken to a local hospital as a precautionary measure, but was said to be recovering.

"He encourages everyone to stay hydrated and keep building," a spokesperson for Habitat for Humanity said in a statement.

At 92, Carter has been a long-time supporter of Habitat for Humanity, frequently dedicating his efforts to hands-on work along with philanthropy. The last time Carter was in Winnipeg, in 1993, was for another Habitat for Humanity construction project for 18 other homes.

------

Jimmy Carter recounts Canadian hospital experience in support of ...
Jimmy Carter describes Winnipeg hospitalization in support of single-payer health system | CBC News
Sep 15, 2017 - Jimmy Carter worked at the Habitat for Humanity build in Winnipeg for about an hour before he began to feel unwell in July. (CBC).

Former U.S. president Jimmy Carter recounts Winnipeg hospital stay ...
https://globalnews.ca/news/.../president-jimmy-carter-recounts-winnipeg-hospital-stay/
Sep 15, 2017 - Former U.S. president Jimmy Carter says he supports a single-payer health-care system — a view that was possibly reinforced by his hospital stay ...

Habitat for Humanity ....

80-wp_20171123_08_39_31_pro_15a7187d218c5921cd7d586dc16642f0b150160c.jpg

80-wp_20171123_08_41_35_pro_388481ad8bdd8526d431a050d8d246caad477c4d.jpg

By JAKE LAHUT

07/13/2017 02:29 PM EDT

In this photo provided by the Manitoba Government, former President Jimmy Carter drinks while helping build homes for Habitat for Humanity in Winnipeg, Manitoba on Thursday. Carter was treated for dehydration while volunteering with Habitat for Humanity. | AP Photo

Former President Jimmy Carter collapsed on Thursday from dehydration on a Habitat for Humanity construction site in Winnipeg, Canada.

Carter subsequently received medical attention once an ambulance was called and EMTs came to his side on scene. The former president was then taken to a local hospital as a precautionary measure, but was said to be recovering.

"He encourages everyone to stay hydrated and keep building," a spokesperson for Habitat for Humanity said in a statement.

At 92, Carter has been a long-time supporter of Habitat for Humanity, frequently dedicating his efforts to hands-on work along with philanthropy. The last time Carter was in Winnipeg, in 1993, was for another Habitat for Humanity construction project for 18 other homes.

------

Jimmy Carter recounts Canadian hospital experience in support of ...
Jimmy Carter describes Winnipeg hospitalization in support of single-payer health system | CBC News
Sep 15, 2017 - Jimmy Carter worked at the Habitat for Humanity build in Winnipeg for about an hour before he began to feel unwell in July. (CBC).

Former U.S. president Jimmy Carter recounts Winnipeg hospital stay ...
https://globalnews.ca/news/.../president-jimmy-carter-recounts-winnipeg-hospital-stay/
Sep 15, 2017 - Former U.S. president Jimmy Carter says he supports a single-payer health-care system — a view that was possibly reinforced by his hospital stay ...

Habitat for Humanity ....

80-wp_20171123_08_39_31_pro_15a7187d218c5921cd7d586dc16642f0b150160c.jpg

80-wp_20171123_08_41_35_pro_388481ad8bdd8526d431a050d8d246caad477c4d.jpg
He is getting too old for that type of physical labor.

yes, he cut military spending to the bone to do it, but I just don't understand why for the next 8 years the economy grew by leaps and bounds...carter kept telling us that if re-elected he could get to, and keep, the market over 700, Reagan took it to 2000

I agree with this, but all the same problems met Reagan and he took the bull by the horns, and for me Reagan was the most despised man in politics and that was the medias doing.

yes, he cut military spending to the bone to do it, but I just don't understand why for the next 8 years the economy grew by leaps and bounds...carter kept telling us that if re-elected he could get to, and keep, the market over 700, Reagan took it to 2000

I agree with this, but all the same problems met Reagan and he took the bull by the horns, and for me Reagan was the most despised man in politics and that was the medias doing.
His policies and tax rates have wrecked the middle class and our country and giving us the worst propaganda machine and class of zombies ever in our history.

His policies and tax rates have wrecked the middle class and our country and giving us the worst propaganda machine and class of zombies ever in our history.
He was the last president to get a honeymoon so we are stuck with his crap.

take this somewhere else, that war was already fought and won by the right thanks to lies like the one you just posted...never happened and Reagan was right, I was there and witnessed it.
Yes I know things are just fine in your dupe world, zombie. But here on planet Earth we we now have the worst inequality and upward Mobility in our history and in the developed world... And no benefits as Citizens. Time to socialize and no that doesn't mean communism LOL.

And how was his tripling of the debt and S&L bubble and bust, super duper?

And how was his tripling of the debt and S&L bubble and bust, super duper?
He easily unseated a liberal and then won a land slide 49 states, the only place those things existed was in the media...Americans loved Reagan and it was because of the job he did.
Maybe you ought to look up how many loved him when he left... After he tripled the debt and the S and L industry bottomed out... Only the same idiots who love Colonel North and bulshit propaganda...

Maybe you ought to look up how many loved him when he left
lol...after he left office his vice president won in a cake walk because of him, nice try, all you have are media reports/lies, I have the results of three elections to prove my point.
Dukakis was an idiot. Or at least GOP lies worked again... GOP tax rates and policies screwing the rest have continued ever since. The country is dying for a Democrat with control of Congress,that is 60 votes in the Senate and not in the middle of another GOP economic meltdown. Of course you dupes believe Obama had two years....

Forum List

Back