The value of slavery?

Nope. Its an plea to us to accept you by claiming you grew up in a Black neighborhood so therefore you understand Blacks. Sorry to break it to you. You dont and we still believe you dont know jack shit about Blacks.

Here's a related question: Do you think you understand whites? You certainly give that impression. What about Asians? Native Americans? Do you understand races other than your own?
I understand enough about whites to mistrust them and navigate my way around, over, or through them.. I grew up with Asians, Mexicans, Samoans and Blacks. My great grandmother is NA and I have some friends that are NA. I understand them them a lot better than whites as we tend to agree on one thing. Whites have mental issues as a group. Its called cognitive dissonance. My first African friend from Eritrea put it best. White people are crazy and Blacks are dumb for believing their lies.

If you honestly believe that, that is the sort of racial grouping and stereotyping that is the hallmark of racism.
I disagree. People suffer from mental illness all the time. That doesnt mean I believe in racism towards mentally ill people.

People do suffer from mental illness all the time...but not as a race. ;)
Here in the US I would disagree. Canada and europe seem to not have this issue.

If someone has to be black to know something, it hasn't been objectively proven. :)

Also, do you honestly think all blacks consider this something proven?
Thats a white shortcoming I can do nothing about.
clear.png
:icon_lol:

I dont think in terms of all because there are always exceptions to the rule. For instance Carson would probably claim he bears no scars of slavery. Carsons mind is polluted by white think so I would expect others like him to feel the same.

Why is it a white shortcoming? If someone has to be black to accept a proof, that makes it a shortcoming of everyone who is not black, not just whites.

If there are exceptions, then merely being black is not enough to accept the proof.
I dont know why exactly. Its just something I see whites demonstrate time and time again. Maybe its because they assume they are the authority on everything and forget they are last to education. Other races seem to get it at least from the ones I have spoken with on the issue.

Ah, so one doesn't need to be black to accept that slavery has been proven to continue to affect people in the US.

Perhaps it would be better to rephrase and say that slavery does not have a direct affect on anyone in the US today (outside of exceptions such as human trafficking), and such a direct affect might be a requirement for any legal case for reparations.
I never said one needs to be Black. I suggested that being Black would help you understand.

I cant rephrase it to say that. I know for a fact slavery has an affect on Black people this very moment here in the US. Its not up for debate. I'm just informing you of my conclusion and that of mental health professionals in the field.

You did say that, actually. To directly quote you:
It only seems questionable to you. Its been proven repeatedly over the years. You would know this if you were Black.

I'm not asking what you have concluded. I've been discussing what can be objectively proven, in particular in a legal sense in regards to reparations.

If someone has to be black to know something, it hasn't been objectively proven. :)

Also, do you honestly think all blacks consider this something proven?
clear.png

I dont think in terms of all because there are always exceptions to the rule. For instance Carson would probably claim he bears no scars of slavery. Carsons mind is polluted by white think so I would expect others like him to feel the same.

Why is it a white shortcoming? If someone has to be black to accept a proof, that makes it a shortcoming of everyone who is not black, not just whites.

If there are exceptions, then merely being black is not enough to accept the proof.
I dont know why exactly. Its just something I see whites demonstrate time and time again. Maybe its because they assume they are the authority on everything and forget they are last to education. Other races seem to get it at least from the ones I have spoken with on the issue.

Ah, so one doesn't need to be black to accept that slavery has been proven to continue to affect people in the US.

Perhaps it would be better to rephrase and say that slavery does not have a direct affect on anyone in the US today (outside of exceptions such as human trafficking), and such a direct affect might be a requirement for any legal case for reparations.

No it would not. There is far too much information to the contrary of what you claim.

I think you are using a different definition for 'direct affect' than me.

clear.png

I never said one needs to be Black. I suggested that being Black would help you understand.

I cant rephrase it to say that. I know for a fact slavery has an affect on Black people this very moment here in the US. Its not up for debate. I'm just informing you of my conclusion and that of mental health professionals in the field.

It only seems questionable to you. Its been proven repeatedly over the years. You would know this if you were Black.

I'm not asking what you have concluded. I've been discussing what can be objectively proven, in particular in a legal sense in regards to reparations.
Actually I didnt. You claimed that I said one needs to be Black. I specifically said you would know if you were Black. That doesnt limit other races from knowing. Just gives you a better chance of knowing.

I didnt say you asked me. I just let you know I along with mental health experts have arrived at the same conclusion.

That’s a nomal way of saying you’re a racist moron.
Nope. Its an plea to us to accept you by claiming you grew up in a Black neighborhood so therefore you understand Blacks. Sorry to break it to you. You dont and we still believe you dont know jack shit about Blacks.

Here's a related question: Do you think you understand whites? You certainly give that impression. What about Asians? Native Americans? Do you understand races other than your own?
I understand enough about whites to mistrust them and navigate my way around, over, or through them.. I grew up with Asians, Mexicans, Samoans and Blacks. My great grandmother is NA and I have some friends that are NA. I understand them them a lot better than whites as we tend to agree on one thing. Whites have mental issues as a group. Its called cognitive dissonance. My first African friend from Eritrea put it best. White people are crazy and Blacks are dumb for believing their lies.
Most Blacks are indoctrinated, not dumb.
dumb is roughly the same thing as indoctrinated in Ebonics.
Most of the Blacks I meet start speaking much better English when I encourage them that I won’t tell on them.
I will not disparage a human being because of his race or neighborhood.

If you honestly believe that, that is the sort of racial grouping and stereotyping that is the hallmark of racism.
I disagree. People suffer from mental illness all the time. That doesnt mean I believe in racism towards mentally ill people.

You just refuse to believe anything but what you want to believe. You do understand that racism is an abusive behavior don't you?

How Slavery’s Legacy Affects the Mental Health of Black Americans

How the legacy of slavery affects the mental health of black Americans today

The Effects of Slavery within the African-American Community

You just refuse to believe anything but what you want to believe. You do understand that racism is an abusive behavior don't you?

3,000 years later...

Most of the Blacks I meet start speaking much better English when I encourage them that I won’t tell on them.
Its not a matter of speaking better english....its a matter of speaking Ebonics vs english. Take me for instance. I worked in the corporate world where the vast majority of whites lacked the skill to speak Ebonics. So I had to speak in english to them by default. That doesnt make Ebonics better. It just makes the two different. Your assumption that english is better is just another manifestation of the mental illness whites seem to have. So while you claim you wouldnt disparage a human you just did over their language.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

3,000 years later...
Except 3k years havent passed.

• Thanks

I've lived 57 years black and have never heard ebonics.

3,000 years later...

The dumb white man.

Actually I didnt. You claimed that I said one needs to be Black. I specifically said you would know if you were Black. That doesnt limit other races from knowing. Just gives you a better chance of knowing.

I didnt say you asked me. I just let you know I along with mental health experts have arrived at the same conclusion.

Fair enough! I certainly made a mistake with that. :)

What does that have to do with a race suffering from mental illness? You are aware, I hope, that not all blacks are American?

Perhaps Asclepias meant that white Americans have mental issues, rather than all whites (which I still feel is ridiculous, but at least a bit less so). I went with what was actually said.

What does that have to do with a race suffering from mental illness? You are aware, I hope, that not all blacks are American?

Perhaps Asclepias meant that white Americans have mental issues, rather than all whites (which I still feel is ridiculous, but at least a bit less so). I went with what was actually said.
Yes that is what I meant. I actually specified I didnt see this mental illness in Canada and in the places I went in europe like Germany.

3,000 years later...

The dumb white man.

It is probably statements like this, which seem to be describing all white men as dumb, that lead to some calling you racist.

And yes, there are posters on here that describe blacks as dumb. Those posters are fools.

Yes that is what I meant. I actually specified I didnt see this mental illness in Canada and in the places I went in europe like Germany.

What is the specific mental illness? Cognitive dissonance is kind of non-specific. What are the contradictory beliefs that all whites in the US hold?

What is the specific mental illness? Cognitive dissonance is kind of non-specific. What are the contradictory beliefs that all whites in the US hold?
Cognitive Dissonance is specific enough for me.

The belief that other races should get reparations but not Blacks is the one that is pertinent to this topic.

• Thanks

Cognitive Dissonance is specific enough for me.

The belief that other races should get reparations but not Blacks is the one that is pertinent to this topic.

I'm fully confident that not all whites in the US hold such beliefs. If nothing else, some people don't believe in the idea of financial reparations at all.

For that matter, it is not necessarily cognitive dissonance, either. It would depend on the specifics of the beliefs. For example, it's been brought up in this thread that some people believe reparations should only go to those who directly experience a wrong; in the context of the thread, that would be those who were kept as slaves. If such a person is accepting of reparations to people of another race, so long as those reparations only include those directly affected by whatever wrong was afflicted, there would be no contradiction, therefore no dissonance.

Grouping all whites together, even all US whites, is not a positive when it comes to racial discussion, just as grouping all blacks together is not. This is especially true when one falsely ascribes a characteristic to all of the group.

3,000 years later...

The dumb white man.
You never heard, “Bang a baby out of her ass”?
I have...1,000 times, which is 1,000 more times than I wanted to hear it.

Forum List

Back