The Worst President in history has been reelected

No. I'm not.

Plenty of other things matter. In particular, what - if anything - an election victory tells us about the 'will of the people'.

The "will of the people" elected Obama to a second term

Get over it

Blow me. I don't really care much about the election. Obama winning was a best-case-scenario among the (very shitty) likely outcomes.

The question is whether the result of the election amounts to an endorsement of all, or any, of Obama's policies. There's good reason to believe it doesn't. You can sit there and spout snarky babble, or you can join the conversation.

Sure it's an endorsement of Obamas policies. Obama ran on his policies and HE WON

Romney tried to scare voters away because of Obamas policies and HE LOST

Yeah, but that's only those leftists who govern and live in the blue cities and counties, within that red state.

like these folks, no doubt.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y54rcz_L5Q4"]Mississippi Rednecks that vote republican - YouTube[/ame]

No, more like these folks.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI"]Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio"]Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone - YouTube[/ame]

Oh look...

Republicans posting "Black people sure are dumb" videos

And they wonder why they keep losing the minority vote

Sure it's an endorsement of Obamas policies. Obama ran on his policies and HE WON

If you want to have real discussion (which I'm seriously doubting) then address the issue I raised earlier. Many, many voters will tell you that they aren't voting for a candidate or his policies, but against someone else. They are picking the least shitty option offered. Can you really call that an 'endorsement'?

"Not as shitty as Romney" ? Hell of a mandate.

If you want to have real discussion (which I'm seriously doubting) then address the issue I raised earlier. Many, many voters will tell you that they aren't voting for a candidate or his policies, but against someone else. They are picking the least shitty option offered. Can you really call that an 'endorsement'?

Obama has a mandate to be President......that's all that matters

Trying to draw any other conclusion is a childish tantrum

The people who do not vote, do not exist...PERIOD

By not voting they forfeit their right to affect the political process. HOW they would have voted is irrelevant

That they did not vote does not take away from the fact that they're American citizens and it damn well is not irrelevant. And, it's certainly relevant in any claim some pathetic leftist might have that they think they're somehow some majority or, that they somehow outnumber someone. And, they affected the political process by not voting...dope. Additionally, that you think that if they don't vote, they don't exist? Oh I sure wish your chump-in-chief would have said that on the campaign trail. He probably did but, the mainstream leftist media ignored it. So does that mean, in your opinion, 113.8 million people in this country don't exist, they're irrelevant and, they deserve nothing? LOL! Come on, sound this message far and wide...and, LOUD, too. I dare you. You've certainly got an enormous set to be giving sermons about Romney's 47% comment after this.

They are American citizens who have forfeited their right to participate in the selection of the political representatives who make decisions that affect their lives. In terms of the political process....They do not exist

Wrong. That they didn't vote took away votes from the political representatives who make the decisions that affect their lives. They likely took votes away from both Obama and Romney. To be old enough to vote, and not vote, is to take away a vote.

To ponder how they would have voted or what impact they would have had in the past election is irrelevant.

It's not irrelevant in the context that one might claim a majority of the American people voted for Obama or that, somehow, those supporting Obama outnumber those who do NOT support Obama. But, if course, we can expect it to be considered not relevant to you since you just simply can't have someone proving you wrong in any claim you might have that you're the majority or that your views outnumber the views of everyone else.

Those of us who take the trouble of actually voting get to make the decisions. Those who choose to sit on the sidelines do not exist in terms of the will of the people. Their will says let other people decide

Well no, not necessarily do those who take the trouble of actually voting get to make the decisions. And, again, you damn right they exist in terms of the will of the people. But, again, we expect this is going to be the claim you'll make because, your chump won. Had he not, then surely, you're position would be quite different. Then, you'd be talking about how if those who didn't vote would have voted and voted for Obama, you would have won. If 3.6 million out of that 113.8 million who didn't vote voted for Romney, we'd be listening to you talk about how if the other 110.2 million would have voted for Obama you would have won. So, don't give me this crap that they don't affect the representation in this country and that they somehow don't matter.

Obama has a mandate to be President......that's all that matters

Trying to draw any other conclusion is a childish tantrum

Then you should stop.

Actually he was far from correct. To call the working poor, retirees and veterans a bunch of leeches looking for a handout and having no personal responsibility was insulting and inaccurate

The election of your chump-in-chief proves you wrong.

Evidently not

Our leader has once again demonstrated that he has the faith of the American people behind him

No, he has the faith of approximately 62.8 million American people behind him while, approximately 173.1 million people 18 and over didn't vote for him.

Evidently not

Our leader has once again demonstrated that he has the faith of the American people behind him

Again you overstate the popularity of Obama. There are about 240 million eligible voters in the U.S. Obama got 60.5 million of their votes. That's about 25%. Hardly a show of faith of the American people.

Those who do not vote forfeit their right to have their candidate opinions considered.

Obama won by 3 million votes and is the popular choice to be our President

Bern is right. Whether they forfeit their right to have their candidate opinions considered still doesn't change the fact that a majority of the American people DIDN'T vote for him. Only 62.8 million people voted for him. Oops...sorry. That's just the way it is.

Now, however, I have to disagree with Bern's 240 million eligible voters estimate. The information I have says there's 240.9 million in the voting aged population while there are 219.3 million eligible voters.

Yeah, we should count the votes of the people that didn't vote as part of the people that voted and sort of decide how they would have voted if they were Republicans and had voted. Makes sense to me. Sure beats standing in line waiting to vote, so anyway, with this new system did Romney win?

Not a big fan of history I see. FYI Hitler was made Dictator of Germany in 1933 soon after the his appointment as Chancellor.

The History Place - Rise of Hitler: The Reichstag Burns

The History Place - Rise of Hitler: Hitler Becomes Dictator of Germany

Nothing slow and steady about it.

Actually, I probably know more about a lot of history, especially World War II history, than you'll ever know. Whether or not he made himself dictator insofar as government institutions is irrelevant in winning over the everyday normal German citizen. And, these were the people I was referring to, who needed indoctrinated first. And, it wasn't until 1939 that he thought the German people were indoctrinated enough to begin his quest in invading other nations. Unlike today, 1930s Germany didn't enjoy the convenience of instant communication and the likelihood that a great number of Germans didn't even realize they were under a dictatorship is large. It took some time for him to secure the full support of the people either through their love of him or, more importantly, fear of him. Insofar as him establishing his dictatorship in government institutions, with government officials, with the elite, etc., then yes, it didn't take him that long. And, these aren't the phenomenon and people I was speaking of. I was speaking of the normal everyday German citizen, whether it be a worker in a factory or a farmer. He didn't just walk in, in 1933, with the full support of the normal everyday German citizen. He had to indoctrinate them into believing things like the Jews, and the Versailles Treaty, etc., were to blame for all their problems for example. And, he had to institute programs which produced the Volkswagen and build up the military, etc., to sully his popularity with the German people to the best extent he could.

Of course it's relevent, once he was in control he began consolidating his power.

No, again, you're having a difficult time comprehending what I'm saying. It's not relevant in that he needed to indoctrinate the normal everyday German citizen. Of course it was relevant in the entire scope of his establishing a dictatorship. But, I'm not talking about the entire scope of his dictatorship. I'm talking about that aspect involving the indoctrination of the people to support him without question in anything and everything he wanted to do.

Then before the end of 1933 he withdrew from the League and began ignoring the Treaty of Versailles. Then on 1st March, 1936, three German battalions marched into the Rhineland. France and Brittan did nothing, well they whined quite a bit but.....

Yes, yes, I'm well aware of all this stuff and I don't need a history lesson from you.

Your attempt to compare the two is simply not historically accurate and quite disingenuous.

We'll see if it's historically accurate. It isn't over yet. Obamination has four more years.

Evidently not

Again you overstate the popularity of Obama. There are about 240 million eligible voters in the U.S. Obama got 60.5 million of their votes. That's about 25%. Hardly a show of faith of the American people.

If we had counted the votes of those who did not vote last Tuesday, Obama would have won 180 million votes

Proving once again that Obama had a mandate

Really? What makes you think that 180 million votes would have went to Obama?

If we had counted the votes of those who did not vote last Tuesday, Obama would have won 180 million votes

Proving once again that Obama had a mandate

your numbers don't add up. There are 240 million, give or take, eligible voters. 118 million of them voted for one candidate or the other. That's a difference of 122 million. You're only 58 million off. The second problem is your assuming for whatever nonsensical reason that those 122 million would go to Obama.

Of course they add up

Obama received 60 million votes

120 million people didn't vote, we can assume they all would have voted for Obama which would give him 180 million votes

You can assume no such thing. And, in fact, if Obama is as popular as you like to believe he is, why didn't they register to vote and vote for Obama? If they didn't register to vote and vote for Obama then, in fact, we can assume they didn't particularly care for Obama as much as you'd like to lead yourself into believing everyone does.

Of course they add up

Obama received 60 million votes

120 million people didn't vote, we can assume they all would have voted for Obama which would give him 180 million votes

So now the people who didnt' vote do count for something? I thought you said they didn't. And exactly what evidence do you have for the assumption that all the eligible voters that didn't vote would have voted for Obama?

My assuming that Obama would have taken the vote from every apathetic voter is as valid as your assumption that only 25% of eligible Americans supported Obama. To make that assumtion, you presume that none of the 180 million supported him

My assumption is closer to the truth

No your assumption that Obama would have taken the vote from every apathetic voter isn't as valid. If Obama is as popular as you like to believe he is, why would 120 million people not register to vote in order that they could vote for him? Or, why would a significant number out of that 120 million not register to vote in order that they could vote for him? If he's as popular as you like to believe then we could presume that only a small portion of that 120 million who didn't vote supported Obama but hadn't registered to vote. If they didn't register to vote in order that they could vote for Obama then he must not be as marvelous as you'd like to believe.

You are making assumptions to cover for the fact that your preferred candidate lost.

No. I'm not.

Simply winning an election makes you President of the United States

That is all that matters
Plenty of other things matter. In particular, what - if anything - an election victory tells us about the 'will of the people'.

Get over it

No, the will of the 62,828,346 people out of 122,107,860 people who voted elected Obama to a second term. While, the will of about 97,188,729 of the remaining eligible voters just simply didn't give a shit.

No, more like these folks.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI"]Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio"]Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone - YouTube[/ame]

Oh look...

Republicans posting "Black people sure are dumb" videos

And they wonder why they keep losing the minority vote

Oh look...

Democrats posting "White people sure are dumb" videos.

And soon you're going to wonder why you keep losing the majority vote.

Such has been the case with all US elections at least since 68. Fact is the President is popular with everyone except angry white males.

That's anything but a fact.

I stand corrected. Everyone except for alot of angry white men and to a lessor extent a few angry white women.

You do seem to forget the many, many sane, non-racist blacks, and any number of other minority voters who recognize that putting the pretender-in-chief back into office is the worst thing to ever happen to this country. Of course, only time will tell, even though FACTS and TRUTH will be constantly denied by those who placed their false faith in the wrong place.

The election of your chump-in-chief proves you wrong.

Evidently not

No, he has the faith of approximately 62.8 million American people behind him while, approximately 173.1 million people 18 and over didn't vote for him.

People who don't vote have no dog in the fight. Obama won the vote from those who do and is our President for the next four years

God Bless America

You are making assumptions to cover for the fact that your preferred candidate lost.

No. I'm not.

Simply winning an election makes you President of the United States

That is all that matters

It appears that the 'will of the people' is being determined by a number of mindless zombies.

Yeah, we should count the votes of the people that didn't vote as part of the people that voted and sort of decide how they would have voted if they were Republicans and had voted. Makes sense to me. Sure beats standing in line waiting to vote, so anyway, with this new system did Romney win?

Yeah, we should discount the opinions of approximately 97 million potential voters of whom you might need in the future by discouraging them to register to vote because you think they don't matter. LOL! Brilliant strategy. And, I'll bet you have the call to make fun of Romney's 47% comment...huh?

Further, no one is counting the vote of people who didn't vote as part of the people that voted. At least, that is, insofar as to who is president. However, when it comes to someone claiming they somehow have a majority of "the people" or, "outnumber" someone else? You damn rights they count.

No. I'm not.

Get over it

No, the will of the 62,828,346 people out of 122,107,860 people who voted elected Obama to a second term. While, the will of about 97,188,729 of the remaining eligible voters just simply didn't give a shit.

Read your Constitution

We the People reelected President Obama

The people have spoken....Obama is your President

Forum List

Back