This Easter Morning's Mass in My City Proved People are Rejecting Atheism. The Catholic Church is Alive and BOOMING!

Asher said Judaism is 'better' than Jesus' teachings. I asked him how that could be? Haven't heard back.
I could answer it's because Judaism does not change the perfect word of God given to Moses. But you don't understand the concept of an argument to show the absurdity of another. I say Judaism is the most perfect religion. The guys next door to us would say Islam is. 3 doors down, they would argue Buddhism is. It's one of the reasons a State religion and laws based on a single sect's interpretation of religion is a Bad idea.

I could answer it's because Judaism does not change the perfect word of God given to Moses. But you don't understand the concept of an argument to show the absurdity of another. I say Judaism is the most perfect religion. The guys next door to us would say Islam is. 3 doors down, they would argue Buddhism is. It's one of the reasons a State religion and laws based on a single sect's interpretation of religion is a Bad idea.
Any religion counter to the teachings of Jesus isn't perfect. That's just how it is. And our society and government should be modeled after the perfect teachings of Jesus and His church. I don't see why that is debatable. To me, it's a hands-down argument that our nation should be a Christian nation with no laws that violate Christian teaching.

No, they are not mutually exclusive, but they are materially different and have different standards of proof and implications.

But you know that, right?

So which would the church relocating the priest to another parish, and not telling the new parish, fall under?

Any religion counter to the teachings of Jesus isn't perfect. That's just how it is. And our society and government should be modeled after the perfect teachings of Jesus and His church. I don't see why that is debatable. To me, it's a hands-down argument that our nation should be a Christian nation with no laws that violate Christian teaching.

And this is why we do not want to be a Christian nation. All of the many religions that are not Christianity would be removed.

Any religion counter to the teachings of Jesus isn't perfect.

What are you smoking?
I don't want any.

OK….let’s look at the numbers

U.S. church membership was 73% when Gallup first measured it in 1937 and remained near 70% for the next six decades, before beginning a steady decline around the turn of the 21st century.

A 25 percent drop in attendance
Many people in America who don't go to church still believe in the basic moral tenets of Christianity, but not the specific religious dogmas. I would not point to church attendance as a measure of what Americans believe.

Christianity is much like many other religions and non religious beliefs. The basic moral code of not inflicting undue pain on your fellow humans, holding up peace as the best way to live, promoting non violent settlement of differing opinions and using violence as a last resort when one is facing what is believed to be an existential threat. That being said, humans are not perfect and often fall short of these goals. Those who wish to tear down a society will set about undermining these foundational beliefs so they can point to these transgressions as 'proof' that basic moral beliefs are bad.

That's because you a religious nutjob!

And this is why we do not want to be a Christian nation. All of the many religions that are not Christianity would be removed.
Not removed at all. It's just that no law would violate Christian teaching. Most tenets of most religions are compatible with Christian teaching, though not all.

That is just fucking nuts. And shows a complete disconnect with the reality where most of the world does not believe on your man-god.
If your claim were true, that most the world's population don't believe in Jesus Christ, which I don't know is the case, at least as a conscious decision, in what way does popular opinion equal what is right?

And we must also keep in mind many in the Communist world have been kept from knowing about Jesus, which is probably close to 2 billion out of the world's population of 7 billion.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm

Forum List

Back