This Easter Morning's Mass in My City Proved People are Rejecting Atheism. The Catholic Church is Alive and BOOMING!

Only the public schools? So any molestations within the RCC doesn't bother you?
RCC has greatly reduced incidents of molestation by banning gay seminarians. What bothers me far worse is the much more widespread AND growing abuse in the public schools. Does that not bother you? If not, why not?

RCC has greatly reduced incidents of molestation by banning gay seminarians. What bothers me far worse is the much more widespread AND growing abuse in the public schools. Does that not bother you? If not, why not?

I have stated before that all child molestations bother me.

You, however, focus completely on molestations in public schools, either ignoring those in the church or claiming they no longer happen.

I think if you removed the vow of celibacy from the priesthood, there would be fewer cases anyway. Or at least remove the rules against masturbation.

I have stated before that all child molestations bother me.

You, however, focus completely on molestations in public schools, either ignoring those in the church or claiming they no longer happen.

I think if you removed the vow of celibacy from the priesthood, there would be fewer cases anyway. Or at least remove the rules against masturbation.
Of course molestations bother me, as do all immoral acts. But I could say the same about you. You seem hyperfocused on the far less prevalent abuse in the RCC and not at all interested in the massive sex abuse scandal in the public schools.

Of course molestations bother me, as do all immoral acts. But I could say the same about you. You seem hyperfocused on the far less prevalent abuse in the RCC and not at all interested in the massive sex abuse scandal in the public schools.

My focus was on the religious nature of the topic. So I discussed a common scandal within religious communities worldwide.

If you want to make a thread about public schools I will happily discuss public schools there. You brought up public schools as a way to derail the conversation about pedophile priests. And you are still doing that.

My focus was on the religious nature of the topic. So I discussed a common scandal within religious communities worldwide.

If you want to make a thread about public schools I will happily discuss public schools there. You brought up public schools as a way to derail the conversation about pedophile priests. And you are still doing that.
Well, since this is my thread, I can't really derail it, but I don't mind when it goes in other directions. But the atheist left ALWAYS goes to the past sex scandal as a way to try to discredit the perfect teachings of Jesus Christ, and why His church shouldn't be followed. In other words, I question the sincerity of the 'outrage' shown. And so to ferret out that insincerity, I offer a far greater and escalating sex abuse scandal, that of the atheist public school system. And when I see no interest in that, it confirms for me that the outrage over child sexual abuse isn't authentic; it's just an excuse to bash the RCC.

Well, since this is my thread, I can't really derail it, but I don't mind when it goes in other directions. But the atheist left ALWAYS goes to the past sex scandal as a way to try to discredit the perfect teachings of Jesus Christ, and why His church shouldn't be followed. In other words, I question the sincerity of the 'outrage' shown. And so to ferret out that insincerity, I offer a far greater and escalating sex abuse scandal, that of the atheist public school system. And when I see no interest in that, it confirms for me that the outrage over child sexual abuse isn't authentic; it's just an excuse to bash the RCC.

I think even atheists don't have a problem with Jesus or his teachings. It is his "followers" that cause the problems.

I think even atheists don't have a problem with Jesus or his teachings. It is his "followers" that cause the problems.
Asher said Judaism is 'better' than Jesus' teachings. I asked him how that could be? Haven't heard back.
But if you're looking for human beings in any sphere to be perfect, you're in for frustration. And if you use the behavior of fallible humans to base you belief system on, that's not a good place to start.

I have clearly stated that I am in favor of prosecuting all child molesters.

The problem that was discussed with the catholic church is that they defended and protected priests who had molested children.

Will you at least acknowledge that happened?

I have clearly stated that I am in favor of prosecuting all child molesters.

The problem that was discussed with the catholic church is that they defended and protected priests who had molested children.

Will you at least acknowledge that happened?
Defended and protected? Do you mean covered up?

Is it not possible to defend or protect, while covering up? Are they mutually exclusive?
No, they are not mutually exclusive, but they are materially different and have different standards of proof and implications.

But you know that, right?

Forum List

Back