This Easter Morning's Mass in My City Proved People are Rejecting Atheism. The Catholic Church is Alive and BOOMING!

The number of US Catholics has increased by 3 to 6% each decade since 1965

Finally found it right near the bottom of a HUGE long Wiki post,

"In a 2015 survey by researchers at Georgetown University, Americans who self identify as Catholic, including those who do not attend Mass regularly, numbered 81.6 million or 25% of the population, and 68.1 million or 20% of the American population are Catholics tied to a specific parish. About 25% of US Catholics say they attend Masses once a week or more, and about 38% went at least once a month. The study found that the number of US Catholics has increased by 3 to 6% each decade since 1965, and that the Catholic Church is "the most diverse in terms of race and ethnicity in the US," with Hispanics accounting for 38% of Catholics and blacks and Asians 3% each.[73]"

red and black bolding mine

===

There is no working source for the UNAMED survey found and it is allegedly from Georgetown University a Catholic funded institute.

The MANILA Times (Philippines which is far away from Georgetown) is the only referred source (73) for the section I quoted but it is behind a paywall how come the University doesn't provide the University link that Wiki states is done by two Georgetown researchers?

It is a dry well meaning you ain't go shit to back it up.

LOL

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
Attendance at Catholic and all churches has been declining for decades

C&E Catholics don’t change that

The irony here is that your president and the effects of his awful presidency will no doubt DRIVE people to church. Hard times = let's ask God for help.

From my perspective the last part of this means some souls may be saved. That's good (though the way there wasn't).

From yours it's a double loser.

And by the way our church was also packed yesterday and we have seen a lot of new families attend and become members. See: hard times.

In my low-Catholic area of the country, today's big attendance was jaw-dropping. I suggest you drop atheist lies and move to the truth of God. Attend a Catholic Mass next weekend.

Didn't go to the Easter Mass this year but we get invited by friends every year and have been to three total. The locals still do the Latin Mass, and they do it right compared to other denominations, great choir music, excellent speaking voices, and a general sense of well being that stays with you for a long time. Everyone should attend at least one of these, if only out of curiosity once in their lives.

Soon though the Supreme Court will restore Paganism as a 'religion', and along with the Democrats' and Progressive's campaigns to allow post natal abortions up to two years old we will again see human sacrifices being legalized again, so enjoy what is left of this remaining period before the coming dark age sets in in full regalia.

• Funny
The irony here is that your president and the effects of his awful presidency will no doubt DRIVE people to church. Hard times = let's ask God for help.

But to whose church? Soon 'Druids' will be sacrificing live babies on altars with Black Sabbath soundtracks in the background and all sorts of drugs at their 'services'; that will appeal to more Americans and criminal illegal aliens these days than boring old Christian services for both left and right wingers. We can see that from some of the posters here who spam theology threads all the time.

• Funny

From my perspective the last part of this means some souls may be saved. That's good (though the way there wasn't).

From yours it's a double loser.

And by the way our church was also packed yesterday and we have seen a lot of new families attend and become members. See: hard times.
Catholics used to mock C&E Catholics

Now they look at full churches twice a year and brag about it

What makes your religion more legitimate than Paganism ?
What is Paganism? When the term first began being used, it was a term that defined all who had no formal religious beliefs per se, more like private gatherings that centered on whatever that particular group thought up.

Julian was considered the last pagan emperor. As the Christians in his family had murdered other family members over power squabbles and imprisoned him, Julian, quite naturally, hated Christianity. When he became emperor, he wanted to establish his own form of paganism. He admired classical Greek philosophy. He tried to remove immoral behavior from paganism so that pagans and pagan teachings would become moral like Jews and Christians. He wanted pagans to become more charitable like the Christians.

He thought one way to destroy Christianity was to rebuild the Temple, thus proving Jesus wrong about the total destruction of that Temple. He tried to unite Jews and pagans against Christians.

Reading over Julian's life, I cannot help but wonder if he might not have had better results had he tried to reform what was then wrong with Christianity rather than to try and convince pagans they could become as moral and as charitable as Christians. He also had the power to improve relations between Jews and Christians, but instead made things worse between these two faiths.

What say you?

• Funny
There’s the claim from the atheist Left that the Catholic Church is dying. I was at Mass this morning at the beautiful church in my city, which is not even in a big Catholic area, and it was packed with over 600 people. Standing room only for a glorious high mass. Lots of young people. Lots of babies.

Young people are thirsty for the truth, for consistency, for morality. We are not an atheist wasteland like the Marxists wishfully portray. It’s a myth that people want abortion pervasive in the land, that they want promiscuity, that they want the trans-weirdism, that they want perversion.

This morning proved it. It’s time to continue the wonderful Christian renewal in the world. We see atheist Russia committing horrid crimes against humanity in Ukraine. War, violence, and wanton torture is the rotten fruit of atheism. Killing little babies in the womb is the rotten fruit of atheism. America is reversing that horrible crime. Its people are grateful.

People don’t want godless trash. They want the God of Abraham. They want the way of Jesus Christ. The truth will always survive. Jesus' Church will always survive as it has for the past 2000 years. Imagine. An unbroken line of popes for 2000 years despite the extreme turmoil in the world during that period. Proof that the Catholic Church will always be strong and always be with us. And this morning's Mass was a reminder of Jesus' promise:

"My Church will be with you through the end of time"
Its actually dying out in America

There’s the claim from the atheist Left that the Catholic Church is dying. I was at Mass this morning at the beautiful church in my city, which is not even in a big Catholic area, and it was packed with over 600 people. Standing room only for a glorious high mass. Lots of young people. Lots of babies.

Young people are thirsty for the truth, for consistency, for morality. We are not an atheist wasteland like the Marxists wishfully portray. It’s a myth that people want abortion pervasive in the land, that they want promiscuity, that they want the trans-weirdism, that they want perversion.

This morning proved it. It’s time to continue the wonderful Christian renewal in the world. We see atheist Russia committing horrid crimes against humanity in Ukraine. War, violence, and wanton torture is the rotten fruit of atheism. Killing little babies in the womb is the rotten fruit of atheism. America is reversing that horrible crime. Its people are grateful.

People don’t want godless trash. They want the God of Abraham. They want the way of Jesus Christ. The truth will always survive. Jesus' Church will always survive as it has for the past 2000 years. Imagine. An unbroken line of popes for 2000 years despite the extreme turmoil in the world during that period. Proof that the Catholic Church will always be strong and always be with us. And this morning's Mass was a reminder of Jesus' promise:

"My Church will be with you through the end of time"
Funny since Easter is just a pagan holiday coopted by Christians

Besides everyone knows that lots of so called religious people only go to church for the big holidays so a one day attendance level is in no way an indicator of the health of a religion

No, you can multiply the number of pews by 8 to 10. Ushers also keep count. It's not that difficult.
Pews? Did they hold this outside?
What's the point of a Sunrise service if you're not outside?

My observations based on two Catholic parishes in two California counties...

Since churches were allowed to reopen, attendance has dropped from what it was pre-pandemic. While mask mandates have been lifted, there are still a number of people who choose to wear masks. Mass (daily Mass included) is available on TV, Facebook, etc. One can also get the readings and commentary on USCCB.

All through the pandemic we were mostly on our own when it came to formal worship. At this time, it is probably hard to say whether people are still nervous about the pandemic and choose to continue to worship from afar; if people find it easier to worship from home than attend church; or if people decided it is no longer applicable to their life.
We had online services, and as soon as could, partially re-opened with distancing/masking while keeping the online. We've fully opened etc., but keep the online. There are about 1/3 who do the online currently.

Funny since Easter is just a pagan holiday coopted by Christians

Besides everyone knows that lots of so called religious people only go to church for the big holidays so a one day attendance level is in no way an indicator of the health of a religion
Funny thing.....Democrats continue to flood the US with Hispanic Catholics........so if your services are in Espaniol you're going to draw one heck of a crowd.

Catholics used to mock C&E Catholics

Now they look at full churches twice a year and brag about it
If you've ever been to some of those services...you could only stomach them twice a year.
You get more out of watching Passion of The Christ or Jesus Of Nazareth.

If you've ever been to some of those services...you could only stomach them twice a year.
You get more out of watching Passion of The Christ or Jesus Of Nazareth.

I grew up Catholic back when they had Latin Mass
Even when they switched to English and got rid of women wearing veils, Catholic Mass is BORING

Protestant Church is more interesting and has more participation from the congregants

The ones who really get it are black churches. Everyone is up singing and dancing and enjoying the service

I grew up Catholic back when they had Latin Mass
Even when they switched to English and got rid of women wearing veils, Catholic Mass is BORING

Protestant Church is more interesting and has more participation from the congregants

The ones who really get it are black churches. Everyone is up singing and dancing and enjoying the service
If you want to see a lively service...go to a black church service. Whites are boring as shit.

I noticed that many of the Catholics that I knew in the military were the most demented and tortured individuals.
They're sometimes like a Paster's Kid....making up for all of the oppression they suffered during their childhood.

If you want to see a lively service...go to a black church service. Whites are boring as shit.

I noticed that many of the Catholics that I knew in the military were the most demented and tortured individuals.
They're sometimes like a Paster's Kid....making up for all of the oppression they suffered during their childhood.
A black church service is a celebration of God. Makes you want to come back again.

A Catholic Mass is something to be endured. Punch your ticket so you don’t go to hell

A Catholic Mass is something to be endured. Punch your ticket so you don’t go to hell
It is something deeper than that--for both Catholics (who as a whole may be a bit introverted) and what we might classify some of the other Christian denominations as uninhibited extroverts.

For some of us, an extroverted church service is something to be endured, can't wait to get away from the noise. A Catholic Mass is for those who are most comfortable in a quiet place to think and mull over themes and issues.

. A Catholic Mass is for those who are most comfortable in a quiet place to think and mull over themes and issues.

A good time to think about what is for dinner, notice the kids need haircuts, think about buying a new car

Anything to get through the Mass

Forum List

Back