This Is What I Am: A Muslim American Explains

Man, you think people were converting to Islam after 9/11 because of faith and not because of love for Osama and his masterful coup that was 9/11? Fuck holmes, you're dumber than a camel turd.
And mass conversion? Like what? 4 people? Where's your study?
They found out the truth by reading the koran? :lol: I see you're going to be a lot of fun.
Ok I'll bite, what truth did they find out? :popcorn:

So you think Americans were converting to islam because they love Osama and his masterful coup?:eek: These are non-Muslims we're talking about, becoming Muslims because they can think for themselves, and did the research needed come to a clear decision. Do you think the American people can't think for themselves?

You have to admit it seems odd, I love freedom. People dun usually rush to join up with a newly-despised minority. Did you speak with any such folks? Why did they say they had converted?

Following the attacks, everyone wanted to know WHY? So we opened our Mosques, which actually they are always open, but we held "open house" events during which we gave tours, answered questions, and handed out free literature. We wanted to show that we have nothing to hide, and that we are not what the media is always portraying. Rose Wilder, the daughter of Laura Ingles Wilder once stated in her writings that "Islam is the most misunderstood religion", and it is true. This same statement has been reiterated by several people throughout history. They came to us, they asked questions, we gave them answeres that, I guess, satisfied their curiosity, and gave them comfort. They were given English translations of the Quran, which allowed them to read for themselves what it says. In other words, they got it from the horse's mouth.

If you keep an open mind, your misunderstanding of islam will soon end.

What's with the whirling pig? I don't think Muslims will find it offensive. I don't. Muslims don't hate pigs, we just don't eat pork, for the same reason Jesus didn't eat pork.

If you keep an open mind, your misunderstanding of islam will soon end.

What's with the whirling pig? I don't think Muslims will find it offensive. I don't. Muslims don't hate pigs, we just don't eat pork, for the same reason Jesus didn't eat pork.

That is a pig flying over mecca in the spirit of the pink floyd ANIMALS album cover .
pink_floyd_animals.jpg

The project took several years and thousands of dollars to complete .
This is a frame grab from the original render .
mr-fitnah-albums-avy-picture928-mekka.gif

It was created in Maya carrara and and the final render in Vue.

So you think Americans were converting to islam because they love Osama and his masterful coup?:eek: These are non-Muslims we're talking about, becoming Muslims because they can think for themselves, and did the research needed come to a clear decision. Do you think the American people can't think for themselves?

You have to admit it seems odd, I love freedom. People dun usually rush to join up with a newly-despised minority. Did you speak with any such folks? Why did they say they had converted?

Following the attacks, everyone wanted to know WHY? So we opened our Mosques, which actually they are always open, but we held "open house" events during which we gave tours, answered questions, and handed out free literature. We wanted to show that we have nothing to hide, and that we are not what the media is always portraying. Rose Wilder, the daughter of Laura Ingles Wilder once stated in her writings that "Islam is the most misunderstood religion", and it is true. This same statement has been reiterated by several people throughout history. They came to us, they asked questions, we gave them answeres that, I guess, satisfied their curiosity, and gave them comfort. They were given English translations of the Quran, which allowed them to read for themselves what it says. In other words, they got it from the horse's mouth.

Well, I am sure many, many people looked for spiritual guidance after 9/11. I suppose it is no surprise some found it in Islam.

Please try to pay attention the the proof as in scriptural proof your subjects bring to the table.
As in links to scripture, opinions of scholars ,that kind of thing.

Well, I am sure many, many people looked for spiritual guidance after 9/11. I suppose it is no surprise some found it in Islam.

Well, if you consider all religions went up in attendence after 911, and if we had so many more people comming in and getting info about Islam, then there are going to be that many more people converting to Islam. We always have some people, maybe a couple 2-3 per week, just on their own. But if suddenly, thousands are comming in, then the amount is going to be higher during that time. It's not outrageous, when you think about it. Don't Churches usually have high conversions during their big rallys? Mosques don't have big rallys. We just had the open houses to create a line of communication with the surrounding communities to sort of ease the hysteria, and bring calm.

""Islam is the most misunderstood religion", "

I suspect that it is not so. the koran is very clear and straightforward about what islam is. anyone who has read it will know that it is an uncivilised faith, based upon a book riddled with errors, contradictions and brutality.

"Those who make war with Allah and his messenger will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land. That is how they will be treated in this world, and in the next they will have an awful doom. 5:33"

that verse alone say much about islam.

""Islam is the most misunderstood religion", "

I suspect that it is not so. the koran is very clear and straightforward about what islam is. anyone who has read it will know that it is an uncivilised faith, based upon a book riddled with errors, contradictions and brutality.

"Those who make war with Allah and his messenger will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land. That is how they will be treated in this world, and in the next they will have an awful doom. 5:33"

that verse alone say much about islam.

u2scam, the Bible is just as bad. Shall I ridicule all christians just to even the score here, or can we muster up some mutual respect instead?

"u2scam, the Bible is just as bad. "

Yes it is. but this thread is about Islam. You do understand that if you start a thread about the Muslim faith that you are likely to get quotes from the Koran don't you?

or is that the last thing that you expected?

Last edited:
"u2scam, the Bible is just as bad. "

Yes it is. but this thread is about Islam. You do understand that if you start a thread about the Muslim faith that you are likely to get quotes from the Koran don't you?

or is that the last thing that you expected?

The thread is about the life experiences of one Muslim American chick. Trash Islam elsewhere.

""The thread is about the life experiences of one Muslim American chick. Trash Islam elsewhere."""

then you can expect comments about your rather silly, nasty superstition. if you dont want comments about your superstitions i suggest you dont bother to start a thread.

have you ever actually read a koran? i doubt it. i mean actually read, rather than just glancing at the words.

""The thread is about the life experiences of one Muslim American chick. Trash Islam elsewhere."""

then you can expect comments about your rather silly, nasty superstition. if you dont want comments about your superstitions i suggest you dont bother to start a thread.

have you ever actually read a koran? i doubt it. i mean actually read, rather than just glancing at the words.

No, you annoying little shit. I am not the Muslim chick in the Op.

I do not belong to any organized faith.

"""No, you annoying little shit. I do not belong to any organized faith."""

a real charmer arent you!

have you ever actually read the koran?

didnt think so!

"""Obviously u2scram has never read the Quran."""

i have two copies of the koran. the penguin edition and an edition that was given to me when i visited saudi on business about ten years ago.

while there i took the opportunity to visit mecca.

i have read the koran several times and i suspect i know it better than many, if not most, muslims.

its full of silly errors like this one...

"Creation

Sura 7 : 54 (also 10:3; 11:7, and 25:59) 2:29; 23:17; 65:12; 67:3; 71:15

Indeed your lord is Allah who created the heavens and the earth in 6 days…

but according to Sura 41:9-12 TOTAL : 8 DAYS.

“Say Is it that ye deny Him Who created the earth in TWO Days
And do ye join equals with Him? He is the Lord of (all) the Worlds.

He set on the (earth), mountains standing firm, high above it,
and bestowed blessings on the earth, and measured therein all things
to give them nourishment in due proportion, in FOUR Days
in accordance with (the needs of) those who seek (Sustenance).

Moreover He comprehended in His design the sky,
and it had been as smoke: He said to it and to the earth:
"Come ye together, willingly or unwillingly."
They said: "We do come together, in willing obedience."

So He completed them as seven firmaments in TWO Days,
and He assigned to each heaven its duty and command.
And We adorned the lower heaven with lights,
and (provided it) with guard.
Such is the Decree of Him the Exalted in Might, Full of Knowledge.”
Sura 41:9-12

2+4+2 = 8 days!:cool:

i have two copies of the koran. the penguin edition and an edition that was given to me when i visited saudi on business about ten years ago.

while there i took the opportunity to visit mecca.
u2scram, you are totally full of BS

Non muslims are NOT allowed to enter Mecca.

It is against Saudi Law for a non muslim to enter into the Holy City.

When approaching Mecca there are huge signs where the road divides.

One way is clearly labeled for Muslims only; and the other way says exit for non muslims.

The signs are in both arabic and english.

Plus, there are check points heading into Mecca specifically for checking muslim identity papers.

Son, your credibility factor just went to a - zero :doubt:

Forum List

Back