This Republican has got it right.

What is an assault rifle and how does it differ from a regular rifle?

One is designed to kill 20 people in 10 seconds and the other one isn't.
One is designed for military use and warfare, the other one isn't.
Any other incredibly stupid questions?
You aren't going to kill 20 people in 10 second with a semi-automatic weapon, and we already prohibit full auto weapons in this country for civilian use. Got any other good exaggerations to impress the people that know nothing about weapons?

Did you know you can kill 20 people in 10 seconds with a car? Didn't know that, did ja
Does not surprise me. You are wanting to ban cars? Doubt you will win this one, any more than the nut-balls that would ban guns.

So you don't want to ban guns, which is good for a leftist.

But you think government can decide what our rights are, which isn't so good. You realize the second protects us specifically FROM government, right? That's the purpose of the 2nd, so say they can't restrict our rights. That it's a protection from government and government gets to decide what they means is absurd.

The right shall NOT BE INFRINGED. By ... government ... Seems clear. It's extremist to think it means what it says?
Ban guns? I keep enough to break up any assault on my place and make somebodies pay dearly for any attempt, and all are loaded, all the time. You would not know a leftist if your life depended on it.
What did you think of George W. Bush and his post Katrina gun confiscation in Louisiana? You can worry about leftist gun grabbers, trying to pass laws that ultimately will not pass constitutional muster all you want. I am keeping my eye on the right wing control people, as they are the only ones that have pulled it off, even on a limited area. Still, they pulled it off. All they had to do was declare an emergency and institute martial law over the citizenry. Those citizens, white, black, rich or poor never got their weapons back, not the ones in the ghettos, nor the ones in the gated communities. They were confiscated by local and state law enforcement, backed up by federalized National Guard. This is what you had better be worried about, no me.

You said Democrats were one extreme and you weren't with them or me.

So what infringement of gun rights do you support?
Who said I did? I own what I own legally, every piece, every round. I think everybody responsible should. I have no idea how to regulate the irresponsible or criminal elements as they are by definition, not adherent to responsible or legal action. They are the biggest reason I keep what I keep.

They know you mean combat weapons. The ones with no legitimate purpose.

If some weapon had no legitimate purpose, then why would anyone make or sell them?
Rifles like an AR-15 are some of the least powerful and least deadly rifles made.
The tiny .223 bullet was adopted by the military because they decided it made winning easier if they stopped killing people.
The bullet the AR-15 shoots is designed to not be able to kill, but to wound instead.
They are so weak that most states do not allow AR-15s to be used to hunt deer, as they are not lethal enough and cause a slow death.

But really, in a country founded by violent armed rebellion, and with all governments only lasting about 300 years before they become corrupt and need to be destroyed, anyone who does not have combat ready weapons in a democratic republic, is extremely irresponsible, to the point of being a traitor.
I know quite a bit about guns, I own some, I just think the usual arguments the right trots out are stupid and meant to shirk all the responsibility of responsible gun ownership.
So, for what reason do you own them?

Just say they are cool and fun to shoot. That way you don't sound like a racist loony.

What's the point?

A sane person, who dares to express any disagreement with the degenerate agenda of the left wrong is going to appear to LIbtARdS as a “racist looney”, even when the specific matter under discussion has nothing whatsoever to do with race or racism.

Even if it was worth compromising the intellectual integrity of one's positions to avoid that appearance, it would still be futile. The problem is not with the sane person who is per5ceived by a degenerate LIbtARd as being “racist” but with the LIbtARd who is programmed to see any conservative in such a manner without regard to how insane and irrational that perception may be.

If some weapon had no legitimate purpose, then why would anyone make or sell them?
Rifles like an AR-15 are some of the least powerful and least deadly rifles made.
The tiny .223 bullet was adopted by the military because they decided it made winning easier if they stopped killing people.
The bullet the AR-15 shoots is designed to not be able to kill, but to wound instead.
They are so weak that most states do not allow AR-15s to be used to hunt deer, as they are not lethal enough and cause a slow death.

But really, in a country founded by violent armed rebellion, and with all governments only lasting about 300 years before they become corrupt and need to be destroyed, anyone who does not have combat ready weapons in a democratic republic, is extremely irresponsible, to the point of being a traitor.
I know quite a bit about guns, I own some, I just think the usual arguments the right trots out are stupid and meant to shirk all the responsibility of responsible gun ownership.

So you think that conservatives arguments on guns are the ones that are weak in a discussion supporting leftists who want to ban guns that commit a tiny fraction of murders as if that's the problem.

And yet you don't wonder why most murders happen in cities which virtually ban gun ownership and have no complaint over the thousands of blacks being killed by guns that apparently don't exist because they are in those locations where guns are banned.

Thanks for bringing that moderation and balance to the discussion!
Just say they are cool and fun to shoot. That way you don't sound like a racist loony. I know the argument lacks the punch of "protecting us from tyranny" but it's at least rational.

LOL, the guy who doesn't care if thousands of black people are killed in your quest of free shit is worried about racism. Of course you are, Adolph

Are you incapable of naming the weapons you're talking about? Also show me a shooter that can line up 20 kill shots in 10 seconds.

But as a leftist I am the first to have run into the evil corruption of this government, and how it really should already have been destroyed by armed rebellion a long time ago.
The way this country abused the natives and murdered Mexican citizens who owned land in the acquired border states is enough.
But the Spanish American war, WWI, the Korean war, Vietnam, the invasion of Iraq, the attacks on Libya, Syria, etc., are all totally criminal.
It is clear we do not have justice in this country, but privilege for some, and abuse of most others.
There are so many laws that are inherently illegal, like the War on Drugs, mandated sentences, asset forfeiture, etc.
Everyone would say that just one person wrongly murdered or imprisoned by government corruption would be enough to justify rebellion, IF that abused person was you.

The only reason not to support armed rebellion already is only that it likely would harm even more innocents.

So you don't want to ban guns, which is good for a leftist.

But you think government can decide what our rights are, which isn't so good. You realize the second protects us specifically FROM government, right? That's the purpose of the 2nd, so say they can't restrict our rights. That it's a protection from government and government gets to decide what they means is absurd.

The right shall NOT BE INFRINGED. By ... government ... Seems clear. It's extremist to think it means what it says?
Ban guns? I keep enough to break up any assault on my place and make somebodies pay dearly for any attempt, and all are loaded, all the time. You would not know a leftist if your life depended on it.
What did you think of George W. Bush and his post Katrina gun confiscation in Louisiana? You can worry about leftist gun grabbers, trying to pass laws that ultimately will not pass constitutional muster all you want. I am keeping my eye on the right wing control people, as they are the only ones that have pulled it off, even on a limited area. Still, they pulled it off. All they had to do was declare an emergency and institute martial law over the citizenry. Those citizens, white, black, rich or poor never got their weapons back, not the ones in the ghettos, nor the ones in the gated communities. They were confiscated by local and state law enforcement, backed up by federalized National Guard. This is what you had better be worried about, no me.

You said Democrats were one extreme and you weren't with them or me.

So what infringement of gun rights do you support?
Who said I did? I own what I own legally, every piece, every round. I think everybody responsible should. I have no idea how to regulate the irresponsible or criminal elements as they are by definition, not adherent to responsible or legal action. They are the biggest reason I keep what I keep.

OK, so what did you mean when you said that you weren't like me or the left, you were in the middle.

But you don't support ANY infringement on our gun rights?

Is that supposed to make sense?

And the ones that commit roughly zero percent of the murders in this country.

So just to be clear, you read the Constitution and find where it says we need to justify needing our Constitutional rights protected. I don't see that qualification, can you show me where it says that?

Does that work with free speech? Religion? Due process? You think they start with a judicial hearing where you first prove you need them before you get them? You are actually this stupid, aren't you?
A little more than zero percent.

Results suggest assault weapons (primarily assault-type rifles) account for 2-12% of guns used in crime in general (most estimates suggest less than 7%) and 13-16% of guns used in murders of police. Assault weapons and other high-capacity semiautomatics together generally account for 22 to 36% of crime guns, with some estimates upwards of 40% for cases involving serious violence including murders of police. Assault weapons and other high-capacity semiautomatics appear to be used in a higher share of firearm mass murders (up to 57% in total)

You know, if you Republicans really wanted to show your support for law enforcement, you would support a ban on assault weapons and high capacity magazines.

We support police to maintain our rights, not in lieu of them.

Even a leftist article trying to maximize the use of the term assault weapon and narrow the definition of crime to maximize the percent couldn't come up with a number higher than 7%.

And yet that's the focus of leftists.

Funny how a guy calling himself "Winston" wants to protect the power of government from the people
Leftist article? God but you are stupid. The article came from the Center for Evidence Based Crime Policy at, now wait for it, GEORGE MASON UNIVERSITY.

An assault weapons ban is a no-brainer. I mean what is the benefit of legal ownership of assault weapons? Other than making people feel good, I ain't seeing much of a benefit. It is little to no advantage over other weapons when it comes to self-defense. Surely no one is really thinking about using one while hunting, as the OP pointed out. And they sure are not going to make a difference in an armed insurrection against the federal government, pissing in the wind comes to mind. Honestly, the only benefit I see is the ability of some weekend soldiers to go out and play war games with inferior weapons that are made to look like real military weapons. Not really worried about them crazy ass yahoos losing their toys.

But what do we pay for having legal assault weapons. Easier access to those weapons by criminals, and the really violent ones, the ones that conduct offensive operations against law enforcement, use assault weapons. Every once in a while some crazy ass uses one to shoot lots and lots of people, at one time, at movie theaters, concerts, and even elementary schools. Most of the time they legally obtained that assault weapon. And then you have those dickshits I mentioned, the weekend warriors, who have become increasingly emboldened since the elimination of the assault weapons ban. Yep, seeing a real benefit in taking their toys now.

This man gets it.
I don't understand why other Republicans don't.

View attachment 508750
Here's the only assault weapon I own:

longland1.jpg

All the rest are sporting or home defense weapons:

wm_7511133.jpg

255280-800488.jpg

Here's the only assault weapon I own:

This is the only one I own.

View attachment 508756
I have a pair of those!
Which ones?

So you think that conservatives arguments on guns are the ones that are weak in a discussion supporting leftists who want to ban guns that commit a tiny fraction of murders as if that's the problem.

And yet you don't wonder why most murders happen in cities which virtually ban gun ownership and have no complaint over the thousands of blacks being killed by guns that apparently don't exist because they are in those locations where guns are banned.

Just say they are cool and fun to shoot. That way you don't sound like a racist loony. I know the argument lacks the punch of "protecting us from tyranny" but it's at least rational.

LOL, the guy who doesn't care if thousands of black people are killed in your quest of free shit is worried about racism. Of course you are, Adolph

The main cause of murders now is the same back when we had the stupid and illegal prohibition against alcohol.
Whenever you make something illegal, the profits go up, people use it even more, but then since you have to use cash but not banks, there are going to be lots of turf wars.
Same thing with alcohol prohibition, murders spiked.
Don't blame the poor people, blame the stupid legislators who make bad laws.
There is no legal basis for making law prohibiting things that do not harm others.
The war on drugs is not just stupid and causes murders, but inherently illegal in a democratic republic.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
  • Thanks
Reactions: kaz

So just to be clear, you read the Constitution and find where it says we need to justify needing our Constitutional rights protected. I don't see that qualification, can you show me where it says that?

Does that work with free speech? Religion? Due process? You think they start with a judicial hearing where you first prove you need them before you get them? You are actually this stupid, aren't you?

Results suggest assault weapons (primarily assault-type rifles) account for 2-12% of guns used in crime in general (most estimates suggest less than 7%) and 13-16% of guns used in murders of police. Assault weapons and other high-capacity semiautomatics together generally account for 22 to 36% of crime guns, with some estimates upwards of 40% for cases involving serious violence including murders of police. Assault weapons and other high-capacity semiautomatics appear to be used in a higher share of firearm mass murders (up to 57% in total)

You know, if you Republicans really wanted to show your support for law enforcement, you would support a ban on assault weapons and high capacity magazines.

I do not believe your numbers are accurate.
This is from the DOJ:
{...
Eighty-six percent of the time (in 1.1 million violent
crimes) the weapons were handguns.
...}

Shotguns are #2, rifles are the lowest, and assault rifles are less then 1%, although increasing.

Police do NOT at all support any assault weapons ban.
That is because laws like assault weapons bans do not reduce the number of them in the hands of the criminals at all, but instead only decrease the number of weapons in the hands of honest people.
So assault weapons bans always increase crime and force police to work harder to defend the honest population the misguided law disarmed.

Anyone who understands and believes in a democratic republic, can't be for any gun control.
Here is the thing, if you gun nuts have to make up shit to support your argument, well your argument is pretty damn weak. Police DO support an assault weapons ban.

First passed in 1994, the assault weapons ban required domestic gun manufacturers to stop production of semi-automatic assault weapons and ammunition magazines holding more than ten rounds except for military or police use. While the ban was in place, it was remarkably effective in reducing the number of crimes involving assault weapons. In the period of the ban, (1994-2004) the proportion of assault weapons traced to crimes fell by a dramatic 66 percent. Semi-Automatic assault weapons are routinely the weapons of choice for gang members and drug dealers. They are regularly encountered in drug busts and are all too often used against police officers. The IACP has been a strong supporter of the assault weapons ban since 1992, and our membership has approved several reauthorizations of support in the years since. The membership took this action because we, as law enforcement executives, understand that the criminal use of semiautomatic assault weapons pose a grave risk to our officers and the communities they are sworn to protect.

That is directly from the Firearms Policy Position Statement of the International Association of Chiefs of Police. Why do you Republicans not support law enforcement?

We support police to maintain our rights, not in lieu of them.

Even a leftist article trying to maximize the use of the term assault weapon and narrow the definition of crime to maximize the percent couldn't come up with a number higher than 7%.

And yet that's the focus of leftists.

Funny how a guy calling himself "Winston" wants to protect the power of government from the people
Leftist article? God but you are stupid. The article came from the Center for Evidence Based Crime Policy at, now wait for it, GEORGE MASON UNIVERSITY.

An assault weapons ban is a no-brainer. I mean what is the benefit of legal ownership of assault weapons? Other than making people feel good, I ain't seeing much of a benefit. It is little to no advantage over other weapons when it comes to self-defense. Surely no one is really thinking about using one while hunting, as the OP pointed out. And they sure are not going to make a difference in an armed insurrection against the federal government, pissing in the wind comes to mind. Honestly, the only benefit I see is the ability of some weekend soldiers to go out and play war games with inferior weapons that are made to look like real military weapons. Not really worried about them crazy ass yahoos losing their toys.

But what do we pay for having legal assault weapons. Easier access to those weapons by criminals, and the really violent ones, the ones that conduct offensive operations against law enforcement, use assault weapons. Every once in a while some crazy ass uses one to shoot lots and lots of people, at one time, at movie theaters, concerts, and even elementary schools. Most of the time they legally obtained that assault weapon. And then you have those dickshits I mentioned, the weekend warriors, who have become increasingly emboldened since the elimination of the assault weapons ban. Yep, seeing a real benefit in taking their toys now.

So right wingers were expanding the definition of "assault weapon" and narrowing the defintion of crime to inflate the percent of crimes committed by "assault weapons." LOL. Got it.

"An assault weapons ban is a no-brainer."

Funny how a guy calling himself Winston would mislabel guns then support government banning them ignoring our Constitutional rights for the non-problem of "assault weapons" (sic) crime.

That while you ignore the real issues. Of course you do, it's a total misdirection by totalitarian government supporters like you, Big Brother

WTF are you talking about?

It was pretty funny. He objected to mislabeling them assault weapons then wanted them mislabeled combat weapons

The main cause of murders now is the same back when we had the stupid and illegal prohibition against alcohol.
Whenever you make something illegal, the profits go up, people use it even more, but then since you have to use cash but not banks, there are going to be lots of turf wars.
Same thing with alcohol prohibition, murders spiked.
Don't blame the poor people, blame the stupid legislators who make bad laws.
There is no legal basis for making law prohibiting things that do not harm others.
The war on drugs is not just stupid and causes murders, but inherently illegal in a democratic republic.

The only part I disagree on is that the legislators aren't stupid, they know exactly what they are doing. They use things like this to control their sheep, like occupied.

I mean seriously, occupied is supporting mislabeling weapons assault rifles, supporting misleading statistics and supporting banning them even though that would have a miniscule affect on crime.

That is how politicians avoid dealing with the real issues. And opposition buys it hook, line and sinker. You don't even need a hook, he'll jump in your tackle box

I do not believe your numbers are accurate.
This is from the DOJ:
{...
Eighty-six percent of the time (in 1.1 million violent
crimes) the weapons were handguns.
...}

Shotguns are #2, rifles are the lowest, and assault rifles are less then 1%, although increasing.

Police do NOT at all support any assault weapons ban.
That is because laws like assault weapons bans do not reduce the number of them in the hands of the criminals at all, but instead only decrease the number of weapons in the hands of honest people.
So assault weapons bans always increase crime and force police to work harder to defend the honest population the misguided law disarmed.

Anyone who understands and believes in a democratic republic, can't be for any gun control.
Here is the thing, if you gun nuts have to make up shit to support your argument, well your argument is pretty damn weak. Police DO support an assault weapons ban.

First passed in 1994, the assault weapons ban required domestic gun manufacturers to stop production of semi-automatic assault weapons and ammunition magazines holding more than ten rounds except for military or police use. While the ban was in place, it was remarkably effective in reducing the number of crimes involving assault weapons. In the period of the ban, (1994-2004) the proportion of assault weapons traced to crimes fell by a dramatic 66 percent. Semi-Automatic assault weapons are routinely the weapons of choice for gang members and drug dealers. They are regularly encountered in drug busts and are all too often used against police officers. The IACP has been a strong supporter of the assault weapons ban since 1992, and our membership has approved several reauthorizations of support in the years since. The membership took this action because we, as law enforcement executives, understand that the criminal use of semiautomatic assault weapons pose a grave risk to our officers and the communities they are sworn to protect.

That is directly from the Firearms Policy Position Statement of the International Association of Chiefs of Police. Why do you Republicans not support law enforcement?

And again Winston, lover of government believes banning guns involved in a tiny percentage of the crimes will fix the problem

Funny how a guy calling himself Winston would mislabel guns then support government banning them ignoring our Constitutional rights for the non-problem of "assault weapons" (sic) crime.

That while you ignore the real issues. Of course you do, it's a total misdirection by totalitarian government supporters like you, Big Brother

I suspect that this Winston has never read Nineteen Eighty-Four, and is completely unaware that “Winston” is the name of the main character therein.

I suspect that this Winston has never read Nineteen Eighty-Four, and is completely unaware that “Winston” is the name of the main character therein.

You would think, but he said that was why he named himself Winston.

He can't explain why he supports Big Brother and named himself Winston

Forum List

Back