🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

....those F-Biden flags & signs....??

My poor avatar had no intention to trigger so many of my fellow colleagues on this gossipboard. It was just a curious story that came across my newsfeeds as I had my morning coffee.

Still, after speed-reading through most of the subsequent postings, I found some of them curious too.

This quote from this poster likely captures a point I was attempting to make in the OP:

So, a hat-tip to poster Dana, we have a meeting of minds on this issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But then others exemplify a different sense of responsibility towards cultural expectations.
For example:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well yes, as we all read there were a number of those types; however, other posters offered a different perspective, as we would expect on an internet chatroom.

For example:

............................................................................................................................................

And speaking of "curious". This one seemed to fit that description:

-------------------------------------------------------

I love this bar!

You have attributed a quote to me that I most certainly didn't post nor would I ever post it.

Please be careful on who you attribute a post to.

The one below isn't mine

Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 12.05.06 PM.png

You can carry the American Flag or wear a flag pin or tattoo of our flag, but you are not a patriot for your words don't reflect it's message.
Your words certainly don't. If they did we would have a legitimate president.

Can you remind us? Maybe a pic or two?

The first one? They frilly pink outfits? Oh the horror.

The second one isan art exhibition, not a street protest.

The third one, I hope that soldier was "counciled" by his commanding officers.

I gave up after that, nons of these are the same kinda thing.

Gotcha, justification is easier than being critical. Art exhibition? LOL!

Vagina's in front of kids, yeah, great idea, that is a great idea.

I find it all very moronic and childish, the left and right wing nuts are an embarrassment to the country.

Mountains and mountains of examples so far in this thread.

This was in one of my newsfeeds this morning. It references President Biden's visit to Michigan yesterday.

"HOWELL, MI -- President Joe Biden saw a clear message from the window of his motorcade while driving to an event in Howell on Tuesday.

“F*** Biden” was visible on flags and signs carried by a crowd of protesters gathered along M-59 in Livingston County, a deeply conservative part of the state. U.S. Rep. Elissa Slotkin, D-Holly, said she was “embarrassed” by the profane message as she sat next to the president, who pointed out the signs as they passed by the rally."

"“He said, ‘aren’t we next to a school?’” Slotkin said. “I pointed out the school to him and, he said ‘I guess I’m still surprised when people, even if they don’t like me, are willing to be that profane around children.’
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've remarked on this expanding tic by members of the pro-Trump constituency to fly such flags, nail up such banners with the F-bomb prominently and publicly displayed.

I personally think it a sad development, and serves as a marker for ....and a mark of....the character, poor judgement, and disrespect towards social norms of the perpetrators. Not to mention their disregard of neighbors and challenges of being a parent in a coarsening social environment.

To publicly fly a 'F*** Biden' flag tells more about the flyer than just his political leanings. And what it tells is that the individual is crass, poorly raised, and likely under-educated.

Like Joe Biden, I too was surprised (as I noted in another posting) to see that flag being flown just yards from an elementary school that I pass by on my way to the farm.

I am interested in seeing if the local GOP organizations or Republican officials will remark in a discouraging manner....or any attempt to distance themselves from the nature and quality of such people who would fly such flags ....for public display.

IMHO
People who live in glass houses. Biden has been guilty of using language just as bad in public. Democrats/BLM/Antifa have used much worse language during the past year with absolutely no regard for where they are at. And, might I direct your attention to one of your own posts.

Capitol Police Arrest A Guy For Illegal Parking?? WTF?

I read the OP, and began to consider --or waffle ----over posting to it. And then another poster offered a better response than my poor avatar could ever have thought up. To wit
Do you think you get a free pass because you use an abbreviation? STFU, Hypocrite.

Since when did the utterance of a word become a for the children thing anyway.

We have LONG since passed the point that my children being exposed to the word fuck past 2 years old is not a forgone conclusion. The silly power we give that word is asinine anyway. I have no problem exposing my children to the world and everything in it - I cannot prepare the ignorant to live in that world. There are limits of course, sexuality and violence need to have their limits, but those limits in no way extend to things like words.

Forum List

Back