Tillerson out?

In a corporate world you don't hire scores of people within a year and send a message of chaos and instability.

You do if you are a LIBERAL! :p

Let me tell you about a 'hero' of mine:

Several years ago a HUGE company owned by some liberal was in dire financial shape and sought out the assistance of a world-renowned expert in his field. They were hoping this guy could miraculously un-do the massively destructive liberal practices, massive failed spending, and incompetence in their company.

On a FRIDAY they held a public press conference in which they touted the hiring of this guy. They called him their 'Future', the guy who would lead them out of the un-recoverable RED and back into the GREEN, on to success again. They bragged how they were paying him millions - one of the largest CEO salaries at that time, complete with massive other compensation and perks (un-matched health care, etc...) The guy announced he would take the weekend to look over the books and would make his 1st press conference on his own the following Monday.

On Monday the guy stepped up to the microphone and announced that after looking at the financial records of the company he had decided there was nothing he could do to help the company, that he was RESIGNING AT THAT MOMENT. He then stepped down from the podium as a near-silent crowd watched, and he left the building. Because the people who owned / ran this company were complete IDIOTS, they had made the contract with the guy they hired, the guy who just walked out on them after 2 days on the job, 'effective immediately' with no 'Out Clause' where they could get any of their money or other compensation back if he chose to do exactly what he had just done.

In 2 days they finished killing off the company they were trying to save because they were fiscally stupid, business-ignorant.

This guy, after 2 days, walked out their door with over a $100 MILLION DOLLAR 'Golden Parachute' from this company going nose down... Over $100 million for 2 days....it's great work if you can get it! :p

That is why the guy's my 'hero'. Bwuhahaha.....

(In a way that company, BTW, is like CALIFORNIA going bankrupt - spending hundreds of millions to support illegals and criminal sanctuary cities, deciding to stand with violent, criminal illegals instead of with the American people, instead of obeying US Immigration Laws....while holding out their grubby little criminal hands demanding law-abiding American citizens hand over their had-earned/paid tax dollars so California can keep breaking the law and spitting on them while doing so. They are stupid, illegal, criminal liberals who desperately rely on others to keep living the criminal lifestyle they can not afford to live on their own. Like that company, I hope funds are withheld from California, I hope California goes 'Tango Uniform', and I hope the American people walk out on them when they collapse and beg for help for themselves and the millions of illegals they have decided to side with.)
Cool story bro. You wanna talk about the massive turnover in Trumps White House?

In a corporate world you don't hire scores of people within a year and send a message of chaos and instability.

Several years ago a HUGE company owned by some liberal was in dire financial shape and sought out the assistance of a world-renowned expert in his field. They were hoping this guy could miraculously un-do the massively destructive liberal practices, massive failed spending, and incompetence in their company.

On a FRIDAY they held a public press conference in which they touted the hiring of this guy. They called him their 'Future', the guy who would lead them out of the un-recoverable RED and back into the GREEN, on to success again. They bragged how they were paying him millions - one of the largest CEO salaries at that time, complete with massive other compensation and perks (un-matched health care, etc...) The guy announced he would take the weekend to look over the books and would make his 1st press conference on his own the following Monday.

On Monday the guy stepped up to the microphone and announced that after looking at the financial records of the company he had decided there was nothing he could do to help the company, that he was RESIGNING AT THAT MOMENT. He then stepped down from the podium as a near-silent crowd watched, and he left the building. Because the people who owned / ran this company were complete IDIOTS, they had made the contract with the guy they hired, the guy who just walked out on them after 2 days on the job, 'effective immediately' with no 'Out Clause' where they could get any of their money or other compensation back if he chose to do exactly what he had just done.

In 2 days they finished killing off the company they were trying to save because they were fiscally stupid, business-ignorant.

This guy, after 2 days, walked out their door with over a $100 MILLION DOLLAR 'Golden Parachute' from this company going nose down... Over $100 million for 2 days....it's great work if you can get it! :p

(In a way that company, BTW, is like CALIFORNIA going bankrupt - spending hundreds of millions to support illegals and criminal sanctuary cities, deciding to stand with violent, criminal illegals instead of with the American people, instead of obeying US Immigration Laws....while holding out their grubby little criminal hands demanding law-abiding American citizens hand over their had-earned/paid tax dollars so California can keep breaking the law and spitting on them while doing so. They are stupid, illegal, criminal liberals who desperately rely on others to keep living the criminal lifestyle they can not afford to live on their own. Like that company, I hope funds are withheld from California, I hope California goes 'Tango Uniform', and I hope the American people walk out on them when they collapse and beg for help for themselves and the millions of illegals they have decided to side with.)
Cool story bro. You wanna talk about the massive turnover in Trumps White House?
I'd rather stick to the thread topic - Tillerson.....

Was that Rex? This is a topic about Rex.

We used to hope Trump would grow into his new job. He has not, in fact he has become a liability and made America into a banana republic.
The biggest problem with the Trump Presidency thus far - STILL - is the surplus of criminal, seditious, treasonous, leaking, colluding, criminal Obama / Hillary / Liberal extremist loyalists. Instead of firing LESS people, Trump should have fired many more by now.

He should have fired the entire leadership - Chiefs, deputies, etc... - for the DOJ, FBI, EPA, DHS, etc.... when he walked into the WH on Day 1.

As far as his firings of hired Cabinet Members like Tillerson, Trump is taking a different approach to doing the same thing Barry did - get HIS people in the right seats, surround himself with HIS people. I have no problem with it. As the saying goes, 'It's good to be the king'. And as Barry once said, "If you don't like it - if you want something different, win some elections!"

:p

However, Rex Tillerson was in no way an Obama/Hillary/liberal loyalist, so his departure isn't that. But yes, administering a very large, unwieldly government is new ground for both the President and most of the people he is putting into those key positions. Some who were great in their private careers seem to have turned out to be less well suited for their government jobs, but when they are it has been pretty neat to watch. President Trump is speaking well of Tillerson this morning, however, and Tillerson is not trashing the President. Most of the folks removed from various appointments so far have continued to sing the President's praises. So we'll see how this goes.

I still wish it had been handled differently so far as the public announcement went.
I think Tillerson agreed with Trump that the DoS served it's own view of foreign relations rather than the President's. Both Nixon and Reagan operated somewhat independently from the DoS, and Carter had to choose too.

But Tillerson had more experience than Trump in how globalism is a force that has to be worked with, rather than just ignored. And Tillerson considered Trump "a moron." I don't think Trump was ready to jump on PM May's bandwagon for punishing Putin for trying to kill a retired Russian spy in the UK. And Tillerson jumped.

Tillerson was fired on Friday, before he jumped in on PM May's message to Russia.

Thank you, thought provoking post.

We used to hope Trump would grow into his new job. He has not, in fact he has become a liability and made America into a banana republic.
The biggest problem with the Trump Presidency thus far - STILL - is the surplus of criminal, seditious, treasonous, leaking, colluding, criminal Obama / Hillary / Liberal extremist loyalists. Instead of firing LESS people, Trump should have fired many more by now.

He should have fired the entire leadership - Chiefs, deputies, etc... - for the DOJ, FBI, EPA, DHS, etc.... when he walked into the WH on Day 1.

As far as his firings of hired Cabinet Members like Tillerson, Trump is taking a different approach to doing the same thing Barry did - get HIS people in the right seats, surround himself with HIS people. I have no problem with it. As the saying goes, 'It's good to be the king'. And as Barry once said, "If you don't like it - if you want something different, win some elections!"

:p

However, Rex Tillerson was in no way an Obama/Hillary/liberal loyalist, so his departure isn't that. But yes, administering a very large, unwieldly government is new ground for both the President and most of the people he is putting into those key positions. Some who were great in their private careers seem to have turned out to be less well suited for their government jobs, but when they are it has been pretty neat to watch. President Trump is speaking well of Tillerson this morning, however, and Tillerson is not trashing the President. Most of the folks removed from various appointments so far have continued to sing the President's praises. So we'll see how this goes.

I still wish it had been handled differently so far as the public announcement went.
I think Tillerson agreed with Trump that the DoS served it's own view of foreign relations rather than the President's. Both Nixon and Reagan operated somewhat independently from the DoS, and Carter had to choose too.

But Tillerson had more experience than Trump in how globalism is a force that has to be worked with, rather than just ignored. And Tillerson considered Trump "a moron." I don't think Trump was ready to jump on PM May's bandwagon for punishing Putin for trying to kill a retired Russian spy in the UK. And Tillerson jumped.

Tillerson was fired on Friday, before he jumped in on PM May's message to Russia.
Rex Tillerson Finally Lost His Secretary of State Job, Weirdly After Criticizing Russia

There is a dispute over timeline, but WH claims Kelly informed Tillerson on Friday. Tillerson has also cut his trip to Africa a day short on friday which seems to support that.

Either way, replacing Tillerson with Pompeo is not something that was cooked up within a day, this was in the works for a while, my guess would be from around the time Tillerson called Trump a "fucking moron" and didn't publicly deny it.

seeing multiple stories saying tillerson is out for Pompeo Any truth to it or just rumor mill?
Yup..T-Rex is extinct!

Trump ousts Tillerson, will replace him as secretary of state with CIA chief Pompeo

good-day-old-door21.gif
<------------------------------------------
vastatossauro rex.gif

Tillerson was never qualified for the job and it showed. He decimated the State Department and left hundreds of positions unfilled

He had no support from Trump who undercut him at every opportunity

Pity the next fool
president trump cut the State dept's budget by 40%.... Tillerson was basically directed to chop chop chop....

Maybe Pompeo can convince President Trump not to do that....?

Forum List

Back