To the NeverTrumpers....

The #NeverTrump movement may as well be called #ForeverHillary.

Trump will at least attempt to fix our F'd up trade policies with China, and at least enforce immigration laws. All the rest of the media hysteria is just a circus of distraction. They automatically assume Trump is guilty for any allegation thrown his way by any random idiot, yet they look the other way when the FBI is investigating Hillary for her activities which has a mountain of evidence to prove her guilt.

Vote Trump, and put Hillary in prison where she belongs.

You mean he will put tariffs on china and put us into recession? That is a good idea to you? A new tax is going to help us? Tariffs don't work and never have.

It will force companies to manufacture in the US instead of using Chinese slave labor. Tariffs do work. China puts tariffs on US goods going to China in order to protect their own industries. The US already has some 12,000 specific tariffs.

Trump economic plan is rated F. Blasted by independent well know economists and GOPs. Just because it came from Trump doesn't mean its right. Trump economic idea is bad for America. If he is elected get ready for high prices on ALL commodities including health care. Be very careful what you ask for.
The idea of moving manufacturing jobs back to US is nothing but delusional. Labor in America is extremely very high compared to any country. That's the main reason people like me went overseas in the first place.

Trump’s love of tariffs may be the wrong move | New York Post

50 Ways Trump Is Wrong on Trade

Nothing could be more boring to write about. I can hear you snoring already. But if Donald Trump becomes president, you will hear that word a lot. You’ll especially hear it in connection with China.

Tariffs are the taxes placed on imported goods, usually when the other country has done something you don’t like.
Tariffs and taxes have caused wars in the past.
You know all about the Boston Tea Party, which led to the American Revolution. The Brits wanted to tax the colonists’ tea.

Trump, who will accept the Republican Party nomination for president Thursday, has said that he’d like to impose 35 percent to 45 percent tariffs on goods coming into the US from Mexico and China.
A group of reporters from The Post met with Trump a few weeks ago at his self-named tower in Manhattan, and I asked him specifically about the punishment he plans for China.

He didn’t back off the idea of a tariff. The Chinese, he said, want to do business with us and they will pay the tax. I pointed out that it could lead to a trade war — we tax them, they tax us — and then, just to top it off, the Chinese would start stealing more of our technology than they already have.
Trump seemed unfazed. And I hope he’s right to be calm about this.

What a surprise, the establishment says it won't work. They tell you "we must send jobs overseas" and you believe. Clearly the leftists only care about the bottom line for corporations, and care nothing about the employees and workers in the US.

Find me a credible independent economist that prove me wrong. Are you saying that only leftist sent job overseas? Think gain. Trump economic policy is nothing but Mickey Mouse and irresponsible. But it sounds so good.

Trump will at least attempt to fix our F'd up trade policies with China, and at least enforce immigration laws. All the rest of the media hysteria is just a circus of distraction. They automatically assume Trump is guilty for any allegation thrown his way by any random idiot, yet they look the other way when the FBI is investigating Hillary for her activities which has a mountain of evidence to prove her guilt.

You mean he will put tariffs on china and put us into recession? That is a good idea to you? A new tax is going to help us? Tariffs don't work and never have.

It will force companies to manufacture in the US instead of using Chinese slave labor. Tariffs do work. China puts tariffs on US goods going to China in order to protect their own industries. The US already has some 12,000 specific tariffs.

Trump economic plan is rated F. Blasted by independent well know economists and GOPs. Just because it came from Trump doesn't mean its right. Trump economic idea is bad for America. If he is elected get ready for high prices on ALL commodities including health care. Be very careful what you ask for.
The idea of moving manufacturing jobs back to US is nothing but delusional. Labor in America is extremely very high compared to any country. That's the main reason people like me went overseas in the first place.

Nothing could be more boring to write about. I can hear you snoring already. But if Donald Trump becomes president, you will hear that word a lot. You’ll especially hear it in connection with China.

Tariffs are the taxes placed on imported goods, usually when the other country has done something you don’t like.
You know all about the Boston Tea Party, which led to the American Revolution. The Brits wanted to tax the colonists’ tea.

Trump, who will accept the Republican Party nomination for president Thursday, has said that he’d like to impose 35 percent to 45 percent tariffs on goods coming into the US from Mexico and China.
A group of reporters from The Post met with Trump a few weeks ago at his self-named tower in Manhattan, and I asked him specifically about the punishment he plans for China.

He didn’t back off the idea of a tariff. The Chinese, he said, want to do business with us and they will pay the tax. I pointed out that it could lead to a trade war — we tax them, they tax us — and then, just to top it off, the Chinese would start stealing more of our technology than they already have.

What a surprise, the establishment says it won't work. They tell you "we must send jobs overseas" and you believe. Clearly the leftists only care about the bottom line for corporations, and care nothing about the employees and workers in the US.

Find me a credible independent economist that prove me wrong. Are you saying that only leftist sent job overseas? Think gain. Trump economic policy is nothing but Mickey Mouse and irresponsible. But it sounds so good.
NAFTA was signed by Bubba.

No, the GOP as well sent jobs overseas. But at least the people got Trump nominated against the will of the establishment GOP, the rest of them will realize they better get with the program and do something about our idiotic trade policies.

Agree. That's correct but I prefer stability with steady hands. Not tearing this country apart with lots of false promises. Trump is far worse than Hillary in handling economic and foreign policy.

I'll be honest, I don't trust Hillary to do anything but lie and be corrupt as hell. I think she has demonstrated her total incompetence in foreign policy and would be an utter disaster again. I would literally take a third term of Obama over Hillary. You think she's trustworthy, that's fine... for the life of me, I don't see how. Everything she has touched is tainted with corruption, scandal, pay-for-play, unethical behavior, mysterious deaths... it never fucking ends. This shit has been going on for over 40 years with her.

Agree. That's correct but I prefer stability with steady hands. Not tearing this country apart with lots of false promises. Trump is far worse than Hillary in handling economic and foreign policy.

I'll be honest, I don't trust Hillary to do anything but lie and be corrupt as hell. I think she has demonstrated her total incompetence in foreign policy and would be an utter disaster again. I would literally take a third term of Obama over Hillary. You think she's trustworthy, that's fine... for the life of me, I don't see how. Everything she has touched is tainted with corruption, scandal, pay-for-play, unethical behavior, mysterious deaths... it never fucking ends. This shit has been going on for over 40 years with her.
That guy is a POS, The Trump movement is not literally about the man, It's about US. Get on board, or sell us out....shit is about to get ugly, my friend.

If you want to triple the debt he is your guy.

I'll be tickled to death with an 8 year presidency that only increases the debt by $1.7 trillion. Especially when the tax cuts will increase tax revenues by that much or more. That will be splendid indeed!

You mean if he triples the debt like Reagan did we will be at 60 trillion. You need to speak in todays numbers. The tax cuts and tariffs will put us in recession. You need to listen to people who understand the economy. Economists say he will be a disaster.

I have to say, I am not a big fan of Trump's trade policy ideas but it's mainly because he has failed to lay out specifics. He just says he will apply tariffs and we already apply tariffs to over 12,000 products. It's like when people clamor to "cut loopholes" but they fail to say which ones they want to do away with. Or "get money out of politics" but they don't say how we can do that without limiting freedom of speech. It's an easy thing to say but where are the specifics?

That said, you guys are doing yourselves NO favors with this incessant whining and moaning about his trade policies. It sounds like you just don't have much confidence that anything will work and we may as well just give up. It's your kind of defeatist attitude that, frankly, I think most of America is sick of.

The tariffs would be disaster. They do not work and have never worked.
Trump's tariffs will cost Americans thousands, report says

So what does a former Republican governor who actually knows her say?
WELD: Well, the person could very well decide not to do that, and for someone deciding not to do that, I have a lot to say about Mrs. Clinton that has not been said by others recently and that I think needs to be said. I mean I've known her for 40 years. I worked with her, I know her well professionally. I know her well personally. I know her to be a person of high moral character. A reliable person and an honest person, however Mr. Trump may rant and rave to the contrary. So I'm happy to say that. People can make their own choices.

Clearly you don't understand the economy or trade. Many believe tariffs were the cause of the great depression. That is how bad they are.

Clearly you don't understand the economy or trade. Many believe tariffs were the cause of the great depression. That is how bad they are.

Except we and most other countries already use tariffs of some kind or another to protect their industries and workers. So why isn't the whole world in a depression? I hate buying cheap Chinese crap that breaks, I'd much rather pay more for something high quality and American made.

Except we and most other countries already use tariffs of some kind or another to protect their industries and workers. So why isn't the whole world in a depression? I hate buying cheap Chinese crap that breaks, I'd much rather pay more for something high quality and American made.

Well we have NAFTA, the European union has free trade, tariffs are not really being used as much as you seem to think. They are just another tax for consumers. If people would rather buy American made let the free market determine that.

US steel tariffs: A case study in protectionism, economic losses on net, and 'legal plunder' - AEI

Bottom Line: The title of yesterday’s WSJ article correctly characterizes the recently-imposed US steel tariffs as a “double-edged sword.” In fact, all protectionist trade policies are double-edged swords that create both winners (domestic producers who are made better off by being protected from lower-cost, foreign competition) and losers (domestic producers and consumers who are made worse off from reduced competition and by being forced to pay artificially high prices).

Q: How do the gains to the winners from trade protection compare to the losses to the losers? If the gains from protectionism were greater than the losses, then we’d obviously be better off because of the steel tariffs. Unfortunately, it’s always exactly the opposite – the gains to the domestic producers (steelmakers in this case) are always less than the losses to the domestic consumers (domestic steel-using producers and domestic consumers buying steel-containing products), making us worse off on net as a country.

Academic discussion as usual. As someone who buys steel products, American steel is of much higher quality, one. Two, as I have learned from the shrimp industry, when a foreign country subsidizes a product to sell below cost just to get American dollars, it is definitely not a fair system. Americans can build almost anything better if you take Obamacare, regulations, and unions out of the picture. More American steel means more middle class jobs. I am not for protectionism, I am for fair trade. I can compete with anyone on a level playing field. if another country has overcapacity in steel making that is their problem not ours.

Academic discussion as usual. As someone who buys steel products, American steel is of much higher quality, one. Two, as I have learned from the shrimp industry, when a foreign country subsidizes a product to sell below cost just to get American dollars, it is definitely not a fair system. Americans can build almost anything better if you take Obamacare, regulations, and unions out of the picture. More American steel means more middle class jobs. I am not for protectionism, I am for fair trade. I can compete with anyone on a level playing field. if another country has overcapacity in steel making that is their problem not ours.

The whole point of trade is to get goods for cheaper. If China wanted to send us gold at half the market price, would you say no? When our manufacturers have to pay more for steel it puts them at a competitive disadvantage. When domestic products become more expensive, exports go down.

The whole point of trade is to get goods cheaper? Ok, you are disqualified from being taken seriously in this discussion.

We aren't buying from China because we could make things cheaper here. People trade with China because they are currently one of the cheapest producers. You think we trade to pay more for goods? That is funny.

I'll be tickled to death with an 8 year presidency that only increases the debt by $1.7 trillion. Especially when the tax cuts will increase tax revenues by that much or more. That will be splendid indeed!

You mean if he triples the debt like Reagan did we will be at 60 trillion. You need to speak in todays numbers. The tax cuts and tariffs will put us in recession. You need to listen to people who understand the economy. Economists say he will be a disaster.

And if the loony-tune liberals control Congress like they did under Reagan, that might be possible.

Speaking in today's numbers, yesterday's numbers or tomorrow's numbers, lowering top marginal tax rates while expanding the base will produce more tax revenues. You and your economists need to study history. And no... not ALL economists say anything. I don't agree with Trump on tariffs but again, it depends on the specifics as to whether they are good or bad for the American economy.

Some people predict we'll have another recession regardless of who is elected and regardless of their policies because recessions are cyclical and we're due for one again. Now you'll blame Trump if he's president and people on the right will blame Hillary if she's president because that's just how the game of politics gets played. Recessions happen for a multitude of reasons and if politicians could control them, we'd never have them.

It's ironic that you are appealing to popularity by telling me of all these people who agree with you because Trump is a populist. Hillary isn't going to be serving as president anyway, she's going to be doing time... Tim Kaine will be your president if she wins the election. That's a nutbag who shouldn't be anywhere near the Oval Office.

And if the loony-tune liberals control Congress like they did under Reagan, that might be possible.

Speaking in today's numbers, yesterday's numbers or tomorrow's numbers, lowering top marginal tax rates while expanding the base will produce more tax revenues. You and your economists need to study history. And no... not ALL economists say anything. I don't agree with Trump on tariffs but again, it depends on the specifics as to whether they are good or bad for the American economy.

Some people predict we'll have another recession regardless of who is elected and regardless of their policies because recessions are cyclical and we're due for one again. Now you'll blame Trump if he's president and people on the right will blame Hillary if she's president because that's just how the game of politics gets played. Recessions happen for a multitude of reasons and if politicians could control them, we'd never have them.

It's ironic that you are appealing to popularity by telling me of all these people who agree with you because Trump is a populist. Hillary isn't going to be serving as president anyway, she's going to be doing time... Tim Kaine will be your president if she wins the election. That's a nutbag who shouldn't be anywhere near the Oval Office.

I see no reason to believe a tax break now will be any less of a disaster for the debt than the Bush tax cuts. I think you live in fantasy land. Your example of them working is Reagan and he tripled the debt. Clinton balanced the budget and he increased taxes. Now you can say it wasn't balanced if you want, but he sure had a better record than Reagan when it comes to debt.

Forum List

Back