"Torture"???

No one said to waterboard them, although that might get some valuable information. . .

I am glad to see some fools backing off the torture shit.

how does the constitution protect non-citizen terrorist murderers? Did we read miranda to the japanese after pearl harbor? to the 9/11 murderers?

I hope he fires at the cops and they kill him.

I didn't realize "we" were at war with this kid.

his actions were a declaration of war on the USA, just like the japanese at pearl harbor or the muslims on 9/11.

get over the fact that he is a "kid". this kid murdered kids and blew the legs of of several innocent people. he is a murdering bastard and should be treated as such

I will never comprehend why liberals always feel sorry for the criminals and blame the victims.

Point taken although I don't think its quite that cut and dried. I'm not the legal and Consitutional expert every singe rw here is so I'll reserve judgment.

Interesting that the rw's don't feel this way about all "enemy combatants". Like the ones our drones have killed. Just as they didn't/don't care about the hundreds of thousands killed/maimed in Bush's illegal and motive-less war but they go all to pieces if even one civilian is killed by a drone.

Hundreds of thousands of innocent people killed/maimed = good.

One innocent killed/maimed = bad.

Expensive illegal war = good.

No war but getting the job done = bad.

SSDD.

Another of Bush's lies was when he said the US does not torture while he was overseeing torture.

Kinda like when he said he would stop playing golf but then right on playing golf.

Making stuff up?

OK....I should have been more specific:

1. Captured alive.

2. Fully interrogated

3. Tried and sentenced to death

4.Penalty carried out as I specify.

OK??

And.....make his last meal a buffet....so we can get on with it.

You were perfectly clear. Your penalty is still unconstitutional.

The Constitution allows the death penalty.

I have always believed the no penalty is "unusual" if it was the one the felon was convicted of using on his victims.

OK....I should have been more specific:

1. Captured alive.

2. Fully interrogated

3. Tried and sentenced to death

4.Penalty carried out as I specify.

OK??

And.....make his last meal a buffet....so we can get on with it.

I have always believed the no penalty is "unusual" if it was the one the felon was convicted of using on his victims.

What you believe is not in sync with the Constitution.

One news organization has reported that the second terrorist has been surrouonded.

I sure hope so.

Just yesterday, one of our resident hand-wringers posted that some group claimed Bush had used torture.

If they have this beast.....I fervently hope that every one of the so-called 'torture procedures' used by President Bush is used to track down every member of his cell-network of savages.

Recall this:
[Rep. Dan] Lungren [(R., CA) and the state's former attorney general] then switched gears to a line of questioning aimed at clarifying the Obama Justice Department’s definition of torture. In one of the rare times he gave a straight answer, Holder stated at the hearing that in his view waterboarding is torture. Lundgren asked if it was the Justice Department’s position that Navy SEALS subjected to waterboarding as part of their training were being tortured.

Holder: No, it’s not torture in the legal sense because you’re not doing it with the intention of harming these people physically or mentally, all we’re trying to do is train them —

Lungren: So it’s the question of intent?
http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=117666&styleid=[b]2[/b]

I do hope that catch him alive. I don't think they are part of any cell, but it is possible, and we need to know if they are. Most likely, I think the older brother is nuts and convinced his younger brother to go along with his crazy plan. For what reason, we may never know. The younger brother had a full scholarship for wrestling. He had a very bright future.

No one said to waterboard them, although that might get some valuable information. . .

Are you pretending that I didn't challenge you to name the torture?

Oh....right....you are the Great Pretender.

I was talking to someone else, but I have no trouble stating that Sean Hannitty and you are wrong.

Waterboarding and Torture
There is a debate among policymakers over whether waterboarding is really torture. This seems like a profoundly stupid question; if waterboarding weren't torture, why would interrogators bother to use it at all?

But policymakers aren't having an ethical, philosophical debate. What they're really asking is whether waterboarding falls under the U.S. legal code's definition of torture--in other words, whether or not it's illegal. There is also significant debate over the degree to which military officials are regulated by less narrowly-written international laws prohibiting the use of torture.
Torture Under U.S. Law
Under 18 USC Section 2340A, torture is defined as "[an] act committed by a person acting under the color of law specifically intended to inflict severe physical or mental pain or suffering (other than pain or suffering incidental to lawful sanctions) upon another person within his custody or physical control." But there are two complicating factors:

Policymakers can debate all day over whether a specific form of torture causes "severe" physical or mental pain, and
The law applies only to U.S. nationals and to torture conducted in the United States.

There are also numerous state laws prohibiting torture within their respective jurisdictions--and one federal law that holds us to an unspecified degree of compliance with international law.

Waterboarding and Torture - Torture and the Waterboarding Debate

Another of Bush's lies was when he said the US does not torture while he was overseeing torture.

Kinda like when he said he would stop playing golf but then right on playing golf.

Because there was no torture.

Can you point to any?

I've noticed you live a very rich fantasy life.

In this case, in your fantasy world, there is no Abu Graib.

I'm happy for you but in the real world, Bush lied about as often as most people change their underwear.

Are you pretending that I didn't challenge you to name the torture?

Oh....right....you are the Great Pretender.

I was talking to someone else, but I have no trouble stating that Sean Hannitty and you are wrong.

Waterboarding and Torture
There is a debate among policymakers over whether waterboarding is really torture. This seems like a profoundly stupid question; if waterboarding weren't torture, why would interrogators bother to use it at all?

But policymakers aren't having an ethical, philosophical debate. What they're really asking is whether waterboarding falls under the U.S. legal code's definition of torture--in other words, whether or not it's illegal. There is also significant debate over the degree to which military officials are regulated by less narrowly-written international laws prohibiting the use of torture.
Torture Under U.S. Law
Under 18 USC Section 2340A, torture is defined as "[an] act committed by a person acting under the color of law specifically intended to inflict severe physical or mental pain or suffering (other than pain or suffering incidental to lawful sanctions) upon another person within his custody or physical control." But there are two complicating factors:

Policymakers can debate all day over whether a specific form of torture causes "severe" physical or mental pain, and
The law applies only to U.S. nationals and to torture conducted in the United States.

There are also numerous state laws prohibiting torture within their respective jurisdictions--and one federal law that holds us to an unspecified degree of compliance with international law.

Waterboarding and Torture - Torture and the Waterboarding Debate

how stupid can you get? according to you any form of interrogation is torture. :cuckoo:

The US government determined and ruled that waterboarding was not torture. That issue is over.

Says the Redfish who has been lured, hooked, played, landed, and gutted in debate by almost everybody. :lol:

Tis what tis.

What you believe is not in sync with the Constitution.

You are incorrect.

The view you suggest is of Supreme Court Justices, not the Constitution.

This is a very important distinction.

Forum List

Back