Trey Gowdy: FBI’s Use of Informant for Trump Campaign Was Appropriate

How about the topic of this thread... they opened a counter intelligence investigation
yea, sooner or later we need to stop politics by investigations.
I agree but this wasn’t a political investigation. It was covert which is why we weren’t seeing hearings and pressers about it every day. The Benghazi and even these collusion investigations are way over politicized and I agree we need to stop governing this way.

Also remember who rallied thousands of people to chant “lock her up” we have a leader now who tries and criminalize his opposers and millions of people out there that slurp it up. I fear this is all going to get much much worse
it will. as long as we allow one side to slide on adhering to laws and go after the other, it only goes downhill for all.

i do think hillary was guilty as hell. but it was never proven so move on. lock her up was trump rallying the base and pure political.

i think a lot of people on both sides needs to be in jail for life - period. but i think most are going to get away with it cause of the overall "room to move" we've given ourselves in order to go after those we hate.

again - russia jacks with us all the time. this was nowhere near the only time they ever did it. trump knowing people in russia, even high ranking people, doesn't make him guilty by association anymore than it would have for hillary - which it would seem the left never got into going after her.

the only thing that makes THIS TIME different is the democrats lost and needed a reason why and the founders of identity politics dove in and rode that pony into the ground.

"covert operations" against the other party.

sounds much like a nixon suggestion.
You are parroting talking points again instead of giving honest analysis of the facts. This investigation we are talking about in this thread was ongoing before the election. So it is not made up by the Dems because they lost. It has been and still is a real thing. Yes it is being grossly over politicized by many on the left and yes many are jumping to conclusions before the facts have been revealed. But that doesn’t mean that the whole thing is made up and political. This spygate thing is a perfect example. The right finds a narrative that will discredit their opposers and they run with it, but it’s all based on assumptions. Nunes puts up a fuss then gets access to the intel and low n behold, it wasn’t a deep state spy conspiracy but it was a counter intel op justified by evidence... unless you think Gowdy is lying.

Trump doesn’t care, he manipulated the news cycle for a week and will now make up a new nugget for the pigeons to chase after. It’s so transparent.
maybe it is transparent. but to me, i see the transparency working against all this. i'm not defending trump. not by a long shot. in fact, it honestly has nothing to do with trump but much more to do with what we will allow our government to do.

i have not looked yet but has ANY OTHER ELECTION has one party investigate crimes of the other "while" the election was going on?
Trump wasn’t being investigated for crimes during the election... Hillary was.

They didn’t just put somebody there for the hell of it. They were acting on intel gathered during a counterintelligence active investigation. It takes many eyeballs to get all that going. Not just obama sending a spy over to infiltrate trump
and some backtalk (agreed it's not mainstream yet but it's not as if mainstream media is very honest in this to begin with) is that the FBI fed papawhatever the info he then said while drunk in a bar to the FBI - if this is the case it's a complete setup.

if not, we'll see where it goes.
why are you buying into the “backtalk”? Spygate is backtalk and it’s bullshit. Every week trump releases some unsubstantiated “backtalk” that his followers eat up. Just think for a minute. Trump knows exactly what he is doing when he tweets these conspiracy theory fire starters. Y’all are being played.
i don't listen to trump much. he gets on my nerves.

every week the left says why this is justified and the left eats it up and spits it out. i mean first it was WE DON'T HAVE ANYONE IN TRUMPS CAMP AND NEVER DID!!!!

then suddenly it went to "well we did but it wasn't political".

uh huh. sorry, that dog ain't hunting here.
Who said that first quote and what question was he/she responding too?
basic sequence of events in how at first the media / the left was saying no one was spying on trump or even in his camp. when that could no longer be denied, it became "but it was warranted".

you're running a risky game in a time of identity politics to allow one side to determine what is "legal" to play against the other side. why am i to believe the left when they say they're on the up and up and trump is the guilty one just cause they don't like trump - as i see it for the most part.

again, i ask - what exactly did trump do to warrant the investigation to begin with? if you answered that i missed it along the way.
I don’t know that the Left was saying that. I watch a good amount of Fox News and listen to conservative radio and they Love to focus on the dishonest liberal media. But they often regurgitate narratives and spin them to make the left sound way more out there then they actually are. Both sides do it.

How about the topic of this thread... they opened a counter intelligence investigation
I agree but this wasn’t a political investigation. It was covert which is why we weren’t seeing hearings and pressers about it every day. The Benghazi and even these collusion investigations are way over politicized and I agree we need to stop governing this way.

Also remember who rallied thousands of people to chant “lock her up” we have a leader now who tries and criminalize his opposers and millions of people out there that slurp it up. I fear this is all going to get much much worse

Until now....our presidents actually tried to unite people and they had a certain degree of credibility. That is no longer true....
obama was NOT a uniter. he was busy forcing the liberal agenda on people and using EO's as law.
Obama pushed his agenda through tremendous political opposition. That doesn’t make him divisive. Every elected leader is going to push their agenda. But he spoke with respect and thoughtfulness as a leader should. Trump gets up there and tells everybody who opposes him to fuck off or he calls them criminals. It’s schoolyard and sad that so many want that kind of stuff from our leader. Our country isn’t a trailer park we are better than that.
so telling people they must allow people to pee where they want or lose federal money and games like that to push the liberal agenda isn't divisive? i'm not saying he shouldn't push his agenda. that's what presidents do. but it's hard to say he wasn't divisive.

then again - maybe we should talk to a lot of reporters he shut up along the way and spied on.

sharyl attkisson - obama went after her hard and heavy. here's why:

Sharyl Attkisson: 8 Signs Obama Spied on Trump and Company - David Harris Jr
Sharyl Attkisson goes public with Obama’s spying on her
Sharyl Attkisson Reports "Shocking" Allegations of Government Spying - The Post & Email
Bombshell: How Far Did Obama Spying Go? The Sharyl Attkisson Case

and this is a good one:
Obama Spying -- On Journalists and Others, Not Just Trump Associates | National Review

obama was spying on tons of people so i don't get why it's a reach to believe he'd do it to trump also.

one things i've learned in life is when someone is capable of doing something bad, they will one day do it to you.

are we do now deny obama never spied on anyone, and that all these respected journalists (at least pre-obama era) are all whackos also?

and some backtalk (agreed it's not mainstream yet but it's not as if mainstream media is very honest in this to begin with) is that the FBI fed papawhatever the info he then said while drunk in a bar to the FBI - if this is the case it's a complete setup.

if not, we'll see where it goes.
why are you buying into the “backtalk”? Spygate is backtalk and it’s bullshit. Every week trump releases some unsubstantiated “backtalk” that his followers eat up. Just think for a minute. Trump knows exactly what he is doing when he tweets these conspiracy theory fire starters. Y’all are being played.
i don't listen to trump much. he gets on my nerves.

every week the left says why this is justified and the left eats it up and spits it out. i mean first it was WE DON'T HAVE ANYONE IN TRUMPS CAMP AND NEVER DID!!!!

then suddenly it went to "well we did but it wasn't political".

uh huh. sorry, that dog ain't hunting here.
Who said that first quote and what question was he/she responding too?
basic sequence of events in how at first the media / the left was saying no one was spying on trump or even in his camp. when that could no longer be denied, it became "but it was warranted".

you're running a risky game in a time of identity politics to allow one side to determine what is "legal" to play against the other side. why am i to believe the left when they say they're on the up and up and trump is the guilty one just cause they don't like trump - as i see it for the most part.

again, i ask - what exactly did trump do to warrant the investigation to begin with? if you answered that i missed it along the way.
I don’t know that the Left was saying that. I watch a good amount of Fox News and listen to conservative radio and they Love to focus on the dishonest liberal media. But they often regurgitate narratives and spin them to make the left sound way more out there then they actually are. Both sides do it.
yep. i don't listen to either side and unless a huge major name, can't tell you which side many of these "names" support. when your entire mantra is to find the worst in the other side and parade them as "normal" for the other side, what do we expect to do to each other?

i hate talk show politics.

The investigation we are talking about didn’t have anything to do with Trump it had to do with Russia. That’s coming from gowdy who saw the classified intel.

it will. as long as we allow one side to slide on adhering to laws and go after the other, it only goes downhill for all.

i do think hillary was guilty as hell. but it was never proven so move on. lock her up was trump rallying the base and pure political.

i think a lot of people on both sides needs to be in jail for life - period. but i think most are going to get away with it cause of the overall "room to move" we've given ourselves in order to go after those we hate.

again - russia jacks with us all the time. this was nowhere near the only time they ever did it. trump knowing people in russia, even high ranking people, doesn't make him guilty by association anymore than it would have for hillary - which it would seem the left never got into going after her.

the only thing that makes THIS TIME different is the democrats lost and needed a reason why and the founders of identity politics dove in and rode that pony into the ground.

You are parroting talking points again instead of giving honest analysis of the facts. This investigation we are talking about in this thread was ongoing before the election. So it is not made up by the Dems because they lost. It has been and still is a real thing. Yes it is being grossly over politicized by many on the left and yes many are jumping to conclusions before the facts have been revealed. But that doesn’t mean that the whole thing is made up and political. This spygate thing is a perfect example. The right finds a narrative that will discredit their opposers and they run with it, but it’s all based on assumptions. Nunes puts up a fuss then gets access to the intel and low n behold, it wasn’t a deep state spy conspiracy but it was a counter intel op justified by evidence... unless you think Gowdy is lying.

Trump doesn’t care, he manipulated the news cycle for a week and will now make up a new nugget for the pigeons to chase after. It’s so transparent.
maybe it is transparent. but to me, i see the transparency working against all this. i'm not defending trump. not by a long shot. in fact, it honestly has nothing to do with trump but much more to do with what we will allow our government to do.

i have not looked yet but has ANY OTHER ELECTION has one party investigate crimes of the other "while" the election was going on?
if he wasn't being investigated, why was someone in his camp for non political reasons?

Until now....our presidents actually tried to unite people and they had a certain degree of credibility. That is no longer true....
obama was NOT a uniter. he was busy forcing the liberal agenda on people and using EO's as law.
Obama pushed his agenda through tremendous political opposition. That doesn’t make him divisive. Every elected leader is going to push their agenda. But he spoke with respect and thoughtfulness as a leader should. Trump gets up there and tells everybody who opposes him to fuck off or he calls them criminals. It’s schoolyard and sad that so many want that kind of stuff from our leader. Our country isn’t a trailer park we are better than that.
so telling people they must allow people to pee where they want or lose federal money and games like that to push the liberal agenda isn't divisive? i'm not saying he shouldn't push his agenda. that's what presidents do. but it's hard to say he wasn't divisive.

then again - maybe we should talk to a lot of reporters he shut up along the way and spied on.

Sharyl Attkisson Reports "Shocking" Allegations of Government Spying - The Post & Email

and this is a good one:
Obama Spying -- On Journalists and Others, Not Just Trump Associates | National Review

obama was spying on tons of people so i don't get why it's a reach to believe he'd do it to trump also.

one things i've learned in life is when someone is capable of doing something bad, they will one day do it to you.

are we do now deny obama never spied on anyone, and that all these respected journalists (at least pre-obama era) are all whackos also?
What we do now is react to facts and evidence not make up what ifs

The investigation we are talking about didn’t have anything to do with Trump it had to do with Russia. That’s coming from gowdy who saw the classified intel.
then where is the trump connection to warrant now 2+ years of investigations?

if this goes back to papawhatever, then i am skeptical based on what i've read in several sources. also given that FISA was already saying many of these warrants were illegal, it seems odd that part is overlooked these days while we push the narrative.

and this is a good one:

What we do now is react to facts and evidence not make up what ifs
then what evidence linked trump to collusion with russia allegations?

and in no way did you have time to actually look at those links. sharyl attkisson is old school journalism who doesn't pom pom a side. i know of very few unbiased ones out there anymore - so prove her wrong and not worth believing and i'll listen. but i have researched her and her tenacity to get to the truth, period. she does her homework in a manner not many "journalists" do anymore.

so if you're saying she's full of shit, just say so. i'll disagree but at least we'll understand where the other is coming from.

if he wasn't being investigated, why was someone in his camp for non political reasons?
You heard gowdys statement. I don’t need to repeat it do I? Intel of Russian activity lead them there. Gowdy said it was justified and aimed to protect Americans. Do you think he is lying?

You heard gowdys statement. I don’t need to repeat it do I? Intel of Russian activity lead them there. Gowdy said it was justified and aimed to protect Americans. Do you think he is lying?
and i've already said i have to sit back and look at context and understand more. i said long ago gowdys statement is making me rethink and let some things play out first.

i'll say it again if it helps. :) we have drifted all over in this convo.

if this goes back to papawhatever, then i am skeptical based on what i've read in several sources. also given that FISA was already saying many of these warrants were illegal, it seems odd that part is overlooked these days while we push the narrative.
That’s a different investigation, you’re talking about Mueller right? That has gone on for way too long I agree. But it was trigger by several lies, actions and I’m sure intel that we haven’t seen. I hope it ends soon and some of that stuff can come to light. Trumps appointed guy should respect running things over at the FBI and DOJ so I gotta assume that there is meat on the bone or this thing would have been over a long time ago

Gowdy lost all credibility. Didn't get his time line right.
i can't in good conscious believe this right off simply because he said something that doesn't fit how i feel. he had my respect and if he said this, then i need to look at it from another perspective to understand why he said it.

That’s a different investigation, you’re talking about Mueller right? That has gone on for way too long I agree. But it was trigger by several lies, actions and I’m sure intel that we haven’t seen. I hope it ends soon and some of that stuff can come to light. Trumps appointed guy should respect running things over at the FBI and DOJ so I gotta assume that there is meat on the bone or this thing would have been over a long time ago
then if a lie triggers having someone planted in your campaign, then we got some serious shit on our horizon.

Gowdy justified his comments by saying that even the President wanted the FBI to investigate. Problem with this quote is it refers to comments President Trump made to Comey after he was inaugurated and months after the campaign had ended.

Makes me wonder what they have on him because it was a ludicrous justification.

And if one was worried about Russian contacts and meddling wouldn't you expect your premiere law enforcement agencies would spy on the Clinton campaign as well?

You know. To protect American citizens.

Gowdy lost all credibility. Didn't get his time line right.

"Credible" isn't defined as "what you want to hear".

I am confident that Gowdy has a better understanding of the timeline than you do.

Bull shit. I just laid it out.

:lol:

No, you didn't. You laid out a conspiracy narrative that you've put together from right-wing blog sites and your own imagination.

Gowdy, on the other hand, has received a classified briefing on the investigation by the DoJ.

He has, I imagine, a lot of information that you don't have.

then if a lie triggers having someone planted in your campaign, then we got some serious shit on our horizon.
No your timeline is off. The actions of page and pop and manafort followed by the lies by Flynn and Don Jr and Kushner etc fostered suspicion, the firing of Comey and circumstances around that triggered Mueller. That’s a separate investigation though. This one that we are talking about happened during the campaign and had to do with Russian activity not Trump. Those are Treys words not mine

Forum List

Back