Trump insults a war hero

I don't know about his heart but he certainly can't control his mouth.

Interestingly, there are too many politicians who say more by silence than by the speech, their actions speak for them. And trust me, some of those actions could be seen as more offensive than anything that comes out of Trump's mouth.
So you're willing to go with someone who has absolutely no elective, appointive, or military public experience and thus has no record at all in the public sector. If you think for one second that accumulating a fortune qualifies you for the presidency, you're dead wrong.

150720-republicans-outraged-donald-trump-john-mccain-hero.jpg

Ahh, the famous liberal inability to differentiate. If one person is claimed to be a "war hero", then EVERYONE who claims it should be infallible.

Ahh, the famous liberal inability to differentiate. If one person is claimed to be a "war hero", then EVERYONE who claims it should be infallible.
Except they didn't claim it, the Pentagon did.

You can't award yourself Purple Hearts, dumbass.

You really weren't paying attention at all to what happened with John Kerry, were you? Way to be informed.

As for Max Cleland, he WASN'T a war hero. He was incredibly heroic, in my opinion, for the way he built a successful, productive life afterward, but he was injured in an accident. Nothing heroic about it; just a tragic accident. He even said so himself on several occasions.

Couldn't personally tell you anything about Tammy Duckworth, because I've never heard of her, and I'm not especially interested enough to go hunting her up. If I had to guess why there was no "national outrage", I'd say that's probably the reason.

In order to be a war hero you have to do something heroic during war. Getting captured by the enemy doesn't cut it.

Except they didn't claim it, the Pentagon did.

You can't award yourself Purple Hearts, dumbass.

You really weren't paying attention at all to what happened with John Kerry, were you? Way to be informed.

As for Max Cleland, he WASN'T a war hero. He was incredibly heroic, in my opinion, for the way he built a successful, productive life afterward, but he was injured in an accident. Nothing heroic about it; just a tragic accident. He even said so himself on several occasions.

Couldn't personally tell you anything about Tammy Duckworth, because I've never heard of her, and I'm not especially interested enough to go hunting her up. If I had to guess why there was no "national outrage", I'd say that's probably the reason.

From what I heard someone ratted him out by telling the truth.

So you're willing to go with someone who has absolutely no elective, appointive, or military public experience and thus has no record at all in the public sector. If you think for one second that accumulating a fortune qualifies you for the presidency, you're dead wrong.

Well, Obama had no problem coaxing a billion dollars from his base. But then you think his being a "constitutional scholar" somehow warranted his election to the presidency. So don't lecture me on standards. You Democrats set the bar.

I don't understand why anyone on the Left or Right would defend McCain. He's been a bully and an asshole throughout his political career, in addition to a crook as a member of the Keating 5.
This has absolutely nothing to do with defending McCain's politics.
I'm talking about him, not his politics. He has abused his power in many ways. Look up the doctor he threatened, who had ethical issues with prescribing excessive painkillers to Cindy McCain. Look up his role in the S&L scandal. Not to mention the disrespect he's shown to the office of the presidency. He's a despicable person, not worthy of respect.
And I'm talking about McCain's service to this country. That's what Trump chose to talk about. How can a cowardly dilettante cock sucker like Trump even begin to judge the actions of men who have served in combat?

Bad News Republicans: Donald Trump’s More Popular In Iowa After He Attacked John McCain

The Republican Party's attempts to stop Donald Trump are doing nothing in Iowa as the bigoted billionaire has seen his approval rating increase after his attack on John…
I love how he's giving you Leftwats a coronary.
You should be concerned about what he's doing to the Republican Party. He has pissed off a wide and diverse group, damn near as many Republicans as Democrats in congress. If he continues the way he is going, it will be impossible for him to get widespread Republican support.

In 2008, Trump backed McCain contributing the max to his campaign. However since 2008 he has broken with McCain and many other Republicans over immigration and Obamacare. At this point, a thrid party run seems a distinct possibility.
Kinda like how Reagan pissed off a lot of Republicans, huh? He's doing this country a service. We are not well served by two parties that are pretty much the same.
Well if this is service to his country it will be his first. Trump is not going to change the Republican party by pissing off the top Republicans in the party which is exactly what he is dong. However, he may be setting himself up for a third party run. The question in my mind is how would he finance such a run without strong Republican support. Although he has a net worth of 9 billion, almost all of it is tied up in real estate. Hillary's war chest will stand at 2.5 billion and would certainly grow rapidly against Trump.
I think Trump is working with Hilary; it's the only explanation for this level of stupidity that makes sense.

I don't know about his heart but he certainly can't control his mouth.

Interestingly, there are too many politicians who say more by silence than by the speech, their actions speak for them. And trust me, some of those actions could be seen as more offensive than anything that comes out of Trump's mouth.
I feel sorry for Trump supporters, they evidently have no idea what they stand for, what they believe, or why.

Politics doesn't supercede what that man did in Vietnam, nor what happened to him there.

I agree with you almost all the time Mac, but not here. McCain started this childish back and forth. I appreciate his service, and I can't hope to know the hell he went through; but he betrayed his fellow veterans by supporting cutting benefits for those in the military. TRICARE of all things. He of all people should know better.

McCain Joins Obama s Call for Military Benefit Cuts

Apparently, rotting in a prison cell in North Vietnam didn't teach him enough respect for his fellow veterans. Or was that whole "I want to stay in prison with my comrades" thing just for show? That experience should have taught him that vets deserve to be pampered, appreciated, and supported--- not treated like second class citizens by the government they swore their lives to.
I know and understand the arguments against McCain. What I'll never know is what it's like to suffer like he did.

I just wouldn't go there, and I'm not obligated to respect someone who will go there for political gain.

Politics doesn't supercede what that man did in Vietnam, nor what happened to him there.

I agree with you almost all the time Mac, but not here. McCain started this childish back and forth. I appreciate his service, and I can't hope to know the hell he went through; but he betrayed his fellow veterans by supporting cutting benefits for those in the military. TRICARE of all things. He of all people should know better.

McCain Joins Obama s Call for Military Benefit Cuts

Apparently, rotting in a prison cell in North Vietnam didn't teach him enough respect for his fellow veterans. Or was that whole "I want to stay in prison with my comrades" thing just for show? That experience should have taught him that vets deserve to be pampered, appreciated, and supported--- not treated like second class citizens by the government they swore their lives to.

Hey Chief Sitting Couch, the proposal was to make retirees pay a whopping $200 a year for insurance. I'm sure you spend more a year on Twinkies.

How so? Obama's guy admitted it was water boarding got the intel to get bin Laden. It must suck being so blind.

Actually, quite the opposite. Khalid Sheihk Mohammed - a guy we can't get a conviction on now because all the evidence against him has been tainted by torture - said under waterboarding that the "Courier" wasn't an active member of Al Qaeda.

And it was the Courier who led us to Bin Laden.

Maybe Khalid lied, or maybe he just didn't know the Courier's importance, but the point was, waterboarding didn't help us get Bin Laden.

It did do a number on our moral authority, though. We terminated that with extreme prejudice.

How so? Obama's guy admitted it was water boarding got the intel to get bin Laden. It must suck being so blind.

Actually, quite the opposite. Khalid Sheihk Mohammed - a guy we can't get a conviction on now because all the evidence against him has been tainted by torture - said under waterboarding that the "Courier" wasn't an active member of Al Qaeda.

Maybe Khalid lied, or maybe he just didn't know the Courier's importance, but the point was, waterboarding didn't help us get Bin Laden.

It did do a number on our moral authority, though. We terminated that with extreme prejudice.
Lying doesn't help your side. Panetta said different.

Lying doesn't help your side. Panetta said different.

And lets not FORGET how these same people ate up Dan Rather going on National Television releasing FAKE papers on George Bush Military service claiming his AWOL

so they can take their faux outrage and stick it where the sun doesn't shine

this is all FOR DISTRACTION folks. nothing more

Where was all this faux outrage when McCain threw the Vets under the bus??

Were you people out here stunpin for McCain then or the vet??

You fucking tards crucified McCain in Mother Jones. isn't that a a left leaning slander machine??

WATCH: John McCain Does a 180 on Jobless Vets
On exclusive audio last month, the hawkish senator called jobs for vets priority No. 1. Wait till you see what he said this month.
—By Adam Weinstein

| Fri Sep. 21, 2012 6:00 AM EDT
mccain630_0.jpg

Will Seberger/ZUMAPRESS.com

Sen. John McCain—Naval Academy class of 1958, Vietnam prisoner of war—has long enjoyed a reputation as a straight-talking protector of the troops. But yesterday, he joined 39 Republican colleagues in blocking a bipartisan bill that would have provided federal jobs for up to 20,000 out-of-work ex-service members—and in doing so, he went back on a verbal promise he made to a veteran weeks ago.

Mother Jones has obtained exclusive audio of an interview McCain conducted with military vet and citizen journalist Meg Lanker-Simons at the Republican National Convention in Tampa last month. In the exchange, McCain said getting vets back to work was job No. 1. (The jobless rate for former service members is up to 31 percent higher than for civilians.) "The fact is, it's a national disgrace that veterans' unemployment is 14 percent," McCain said. "That's a national disgrace. And we've got to try to find more ways and better ways to hire veterans. And that has got to be our highest priority."

Listen for yourself:

But last week, in floor remarks criticizing the now-dead Veterans Job Corps bill, McCain took a dramatically different stance. He declared that fiscal austerity trumped joblessness among former soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines. "We already have six veterans job-training programs, but what the heck? Let's, ah, let's have another one," he said in a sarcastic tone:

McCain went to attack the bill as "a piece of legislation that somehow will enhance the majority leader's ability to maintain his position as majority leader." Perhaps that's because few bills this congressional session had been as popular as this measure. It would have set up a corps "to match veterans with available jobs based on the skills the veterans acquired as members of the Armed Forces," from homeland security to law enforcement to national parks. Not only that, it would have been cost-neutral: It was to be funded over the next decade with $1 billion of new revenue in the Department of Veterans Affairs—and of that, at least 95 percent had to go directly to the vets' benefits, rather than administration.

Besides the entire Democratic caucus, the bill got votes from five Republican senators: Scott Brown (Mass.), Susan Collins (Maine), Dean Heller (Nev.), Lisa Murkowski (Alaska), and Olympia Snowe (Maine). But 58 senators out of 100 were not enough to overcome McCain and his colleagues, who filibustered and argued that the bill was election season politicking that still didn't meet their budget standards.

Lanker-Simons, a Navy veteran and freelance reporter based in Laramie, Wyoming, provided Mother Jones with the tape of her interview with McCain after hearing his justification for blocking the Veterans Jobs Act. She'd corralled the senator at a GOP convention party for Got Your Six, a nonprofit campaign to help vets transition into civilian life. "Honestly, I'd just interviewed him as kind of a softball thing," she says. But this week, she adds, "I saw that he had voted against [the bill], and then I replayed the interview, and I was like, 'Holy shit!'" In the complete two minute clip (embedded below), McCain expressed faith that all senators could reach bipartisan agreement on caring for troubled former service members. Says Lanker-Simons: "It's the exact opposite of his vote, basically."

A spokesman for McCain sent Mother Jones a statement by the senator, noting, "While I support many of the items within this bill, and I am firmly committed to eliminating the unemployment crisis faced by our veterans, we cannot continue to add to our debt and deficit." The statement continued:

Successful, common sense legislation requires bi-partisanship and compromise. Our returning heroes deserve nothing less. I am committed to working with my colleagues on both sides of the aisle to ensure that America’s veterans have every opportunity for a happy and successful life.

Mother Jones followed up, asking whether McCain now considers the deficit a higher priority than veterans unemployment, and what sort of compromise he'd support on joblessness, if not this one. The senator's office did not respond.
WATCH John McCain Does a 180 on Jobless Vets Mother Jones

Forum List

Back