🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump Is Eliminating VA Pensions - Whaaat ?

This sounds like something Obama would do. It is hard to comprehend. After all the talk about helping and protecting the veterans, we're going to get shafted like this ? Unreal. Hopefully, this is just another one of Trump's deal making MOs >> start high, work your way down to what you really want to do.

For now, I'm looking at it on its face value, and I don't like it one bit. I get $861/month for Social Security. I get another $267 from my VA pension. This is a total of a measly $1128/month. And I'm supposed to sit back and say OK to reducing that to $861/month, for my total income ?

For the first time, my support of Trump in is major jeopardy. I might even discard my Republican registration, and go back to being an Independent. Yikes. Trump better reconsider this, big time.

Trump's big VA budget request comes with proposed trims to vets benefits

kleenex-facial-tissue-junior-21195.jpg

This sounds like something Obama would do. It is hard to comprehend. After all the talk about helping and protecting the veterans, we're going to get shafted like this ? Unreal. Hopefully, this is just another one of Trump's deal making MOs >> start high, work your way down to what you really want to do.

For now, I'm looking at it on its face value, and I don't like it one bit. I get $861/month for Social Security. I get another $267 from my VA pension. This is a total of a measly $1128/month. And I'm supposed to sit back and say OK to reducing that to $861/month, for my total income ?

For the first time, my support of Trump in is major jeopardy. I might even discard my Republican registration, and go back to being an Independent. Yikes. Trump better reconsider this, big time.

\

That looks like a bad idea. I hope it doesn't get implemented.

This is a surprise to you?

Seriously?

If so, you should reconsider your attitudes towards politics entirely.

Perhaps you've been dup'd by believing one party, and dup'd again by the same party into demonizing the other party.

We tried to tell you he was a fucking liar, but you stupid Republicans ALWAYS VOTE AGAINST YOUR OWN INTERESTS.
This is one issue. There are far more issues in which Democrats VOTE AGAINST THEIR OWN INTERESTS (immigration, Muslims, affirmative action, guns, gays, etc)

As for the word "liar", nobody embodied that more than Hillary Clinton, and her campaign.

If people were actually stripped out of benefits, we wouldn't be hearing the end of it. Now a google search reveals nothing.

As stated, this is very unlikely to be even remotely correct.

Maybe as such a selfish person democrats would be the party to vote for. Basically you were voting for your own benefits paid by other people. Nice bro...
No, I am voting for my own VA benefits paid for by ME, by my 5 years in the Army.

Nope they weren't paid by you, they are paid by the tax-payers. That's kind of why the organization needs funding, because there ain't nothing there.

Anyway, there is going to be no change, so I suppose, you can keep voting for your benefits at the expense of everyone else, safely.

He's going to streamline our benefits system. Veteran retirement benefits are meant to REPLACE social security benefits for career military men and women, for those who aren't eligible for ssb because they've never worked in the private sector.

People are so used to being paid for nothing that they forget the purpose of the program.

I am 99.9% certain that you won't lose your benefits, so calm down now. And stop being so entitled. You know your offspring has to pay for all of this and is projected to get nothing like it in return.
NO. I won't stop feeling so entitled, and if you spent one hour in Army boot camp, maybe you'd have some idea oif what you're talking about. And for 50 years, I paid for the pensions of World War 1 and World War II veterans - no regrets whatsoever.

And I don't think you are even close to 99.9% certain right now. Not hardly.

If people were actually stripped out of benefits, we wouldn't be hearing the end of it. Now a google search reveals nothing.

Maybe as such a selfish person democrats would be the party to vote for. Basically you were voting for your own benefits paid by other people. Nice bro...
No, I am voting for my own VA benefits paid for by ME, by my 5 years in the Army.
did you plan financially for your retirement?

I am 99.9% certain that you won't lose your benefits, so calm down now. And stop being so entitled. You know your offspring has to pay for all of this and is projected to get nothing like it in return.
NO. I won't stop feeling so entitled, and if you spent one hour in Army boot camp, maybe you'd have some idea oif what you're talking about. And for 50 years, I paid for the pensions of World War 1 and World War II veterans - no regrets whatsoever.

And I don't think you are even close to 99.9% certain right now. Not hardly.

I have been in the military. Your squatting has zero relevance to the fact that the tax-payer is on the hook for you.

In the military the first thing they taught us is to not be so entitled, hmm... I wonder what unit this was. It was sooo difficult but they forgot to tell you that don't be such entitled princesses?

5 years equals a lifetime of income? Surely you weren't dependib on the military for your total income expenses!

We tried to tell you he was a fucking liar, but you stupid Republicans ALWAYS VOTE AGAINST YOUR OWN INTERESTS.
This is one issue. There are far more issues in which Democrats VOTE AGAINST THEIR OWN INTERESTS (immigration, Muslims, affirmative action, guns, gays, etc)

As for the word "liar", nobody embodied that more than Hillary Clinton, and her campaign.

Wow, you truly have been dup'd and dup'd again!

He's going to streamline our benefits system. Veteran retirement benefits are meant to REPLACE social security benefits for career military men and women, for those who aren't eligible for ssb because they've never worked in the private sector.

People are so used to being paid for nothing that they forget the purpose of the program.
Where do get these ideas ? I've been a veteran for more than half a century, and I've never heard of what you're saying. VA disability and VA pensions are paid in addition to Social Security. I've never heard of anything else.

5 years equals a lifetime of income? Surely you weren't dependib on the military for your total income expenses!
My military pension is about 1/5 of my income > the numbers are in the OP. Too many people jump into threads without reading the OP. :rolleyes:

As for the time of service, ONE DAY could = a lifetime of income. In that one day, you could be killed, and not HAVE a lifetime.

Where in the article does it indicate that Trump is proposing to "Eliminate VA Pensions"?

All I see are cuts to in the Unemployability program after retirement, rounding COLA increases to the nearest dollar and capping GI Bill payouts to flight schools, the rest of it is INCREASES in VA funding.
What you are calling "Unemployability program after retirement" is my VA pension.
Are you 100% disabled? Is your disability related to service connected injuries? If so, you have nothing to worry about.

Can't you read and comprehend? You didn't have to be awarded 100% disability, they were bumped up for pay purposes because they are unemployable due to a disability.

My military pension is about 1/5 of my income > the numbers are in the OP. Too many people jump into threads without reading the OP. :rolleyes:

As for the time of service, ONE DAY could = a lifetime of income. In that one day, you could be killed, and not HAVE a lifetime.

So you went from "Die for the country!" to "Give me muh monies!!!"

Quite the change. Unlike what's going to happen to your benefits. But seriously this entitlement mentality is exactly why the West is in the decline. Voting for your own benefits instead of what's right is reprehensible, and completely goes against your claim that you were willing to sacrifice your life for the country.

This is what happens when the money runs out. Are you surprised? You shouldn't be. Not very smart to blame politician for a belief in fairy-tale.

Anyway, I have no idea if this is actually true or on the specifics. But seriously, does everyone actually expect to get paid when the unfounded liabilities are at over 120 trillion? That's some hard core fantasy right there... should have voted better 50+ years ago. However, my assumption is that this change only concerns new people and that nothing will change for you.

This came out about 3 weeks ago and I posted somewhere on this board. It does not just effect new people.

Unfounded liabilities.

Which part of the word did you not understand?

My assumption is based on that that's how the changes are pretty much always made. If there even is a change in the first place. This seems like a misunderstanding to be honest.
I see nothing to indicate that this change would affect only new people. (by that you mean those just entering retirement age ?) (65)

I posted this from a DAV article weeks ago, if you google DAV unemployable disability benefits you might be able to find the article that yes fucks all the u/i.

Forum List

Back