Trump is hemorrhaging older voters

Every time I get behind the wheel of my truck I put my life in the hands of complete strangers.

I have no problem social distancing. If a business doesn't look safe i can TURN AROUND AND WALK OUT.
I have a HUGE PROBLEM with the government putting their boot on my neck.

Social distancing only works if everybody agrees to it. I can't imagine people staying socially distant around the "half off - sale bin"

Every time I get behind the wheel of my truck I put my life in the hands of complete strangers.

I have no problem social distancing. If a business doesn't look safe i can TURN AROUND AND WALK OUT.
I have a HUGE PROBLEM with the government putting their boot on my neck.

Social distancing only works if everybody agrees to it. I can't imagine people staying socially distant around the "half off - sale bin"
YOU can not be made ill if YOU social distance. I am not responsible for YOUR decisions or health.

The Boomers were Trump's base in 2016 that ultimately carried him over the edge in the key swing states. If he loses them, it's hard to see how he stands any chance whatsoever in getting reelected. There are simply too many headwinds facing his campaign. This election is looking more like 1932 than 2016.

Yeah but Katie Hills old Cali LA district says hold my beer. Garcia won by what, 12 pts?

It’s like Groundhog Day and cutting my post to make it look like something else?
You're a shameless, whiny little liar. I didn't change the meaning of anything you said. You are just looking for a reason to whine.
Of course you did. Next time use the entire quote, Chuck Todd. Not my fault you have dementia.
Nope. You're a crybaby, and you are being an idiot.

Anyhoo, i don't really need to read your posts. I can just read trumps tweets. Seeya
Look in the mirror and keep saying the word “idiot” until it resonates. You are incapable of having a logical debate. Typical leftist.

This is all about the left wing conspiracy to make Trump look bad.

They throw everything against the wall hoping something sticks. Unfortunately there are some simple minded people falling for the left's lies about Coronavirus.
No conspiracy. No secret. Trump was bad news from his early years. He was a Democrat supporting Democrats most of his life, but when it came to elective office, they wouldn't have him. They knew him. You should have picked someone else. It is out in the open. He has been weighed, measured and found wanting. At the moment he and his ilk want the people over 60 to pay for his next election with our lives, if that is what it will take to get the economy moving quicker. FK trump, he is bad for American and even a traitor to every American in his age group. That is why he is losing support of seniors. Joe Biden will be voted into the Presidency, come November. Get used to it.

You need to lay off the drugs! People over 60 know that their Medicare and Social Security are safe with Trump but don't wan their funds spent on illegals, which is all the Dems are offering.
And how do they know that?

I think Trump's continued bleating about payroll tax cuts (to be permanent, or so he hopes) has seniors worried about Social Security and Medicare. And how they will be paid for.
You are full of shit. Trump wanted to suspend payroll taxes as a stimulus against COVID-19. The word permanent never crossed his lips.
You are a liar, or you are just stupid and uniformed. Trump has long wanted to eliminate payroll taxes.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-relief/trump-says-payroll-tax-relief-could-run-to-year-
end-or-be-made-permanent-source-idUSKBN20X2W5

Trump mulls permanent 0% payroll tax rate amid coronavirus fallout

Remarks by President Trump, Vice President Pence, and Members of the Coronavirus Task Force in Press Briefing | April 7, 2020 | The White House

From the white house link -

THE PRESIDENT: OAN.

Q — you have been very consistently supportive of the payroll relief tax. And I know that —

THE PRESIDENT: Of what? Payroll?

Q Payroll relief. Now, I know you’re still busy trying to implement — roll —

THE PRESIDENT: Right.

Q — phase three. But as we move towards phase four —

THE PRESIDENT: Yeah.

Q — are there still obstacles to that? Because that would put money in American pockets, like consistently throughout the year.

THE PRESIDENT: Yeah, you’re right. I would love to see a payroll — good question. I would love to see a payroll tax cut. And I think, on behalf of the people, it would be quick. Now, it’s a longer term — you know, it’s a longer time, because it’s over a period of a year or whatever you want to make it. But I would love to see a payroll tax cut. There are many people that would like to see it as a permanent tax cut — payroll tax cut.

Q What is stopping it from —

THE PRESIDENT: Well, the Democrats right now are stopping it.

Q What are their reasons?

THE PRESIDENT: I don’t know. You know, I don’t know if maybe they think it’s good politics to stop it.

But you’d get a lot of people a lot of money immediately. The payroll tax cut would be a great thing for this country. I would like to have it regardless of this, but this would be a fantastic time to have the payroll tax cut.

Your links disagree with what you claim. Try reading them again.

From the Fox News article -

President Trump, to offset economic fallout from the fast-spreading coronavirus, has proposed slashing the payroll tax rate for employees and employers to 0 percent -- a change that he wants to make permanent, White House sources told Fox News.

Trump pitched temporarily eliminating the payroll tax rate during a lunch with Senate Republicans on Tuesday to insulate the economy from the coronavirus, which causes a disease called COVID-19. The virus has caused volatility in the stock markets and forced the Federal Reserve to make an emergency rate cut, the first time the U.S. central bank has done so since the financial crisis.

There has been consideration of eliminating it for three months, through the fall, through the calendar year or permanently, sources said.

Therefore...same!

Goddamn we are a country of morons.

In the store all Gramps has is a mask. In a truck you have 8 tons of steel and seat belts.
Risk is risk.

We evaluate risk vs reward EVERY DAY OF OUR LIVES.

The type of danger posed is irrelevant if the risk outweighs the desired result.

Almost all of the deaths from this are elderly and medically compromised people. THOSE are the people who need to be sheltering in place.

It all hinges on how the COVID-19 thing pans out.. As we reopen and we protect seniors old Joe doesn't stand a chance. The stock market just took a 1,000 point jump in a day and if it continues and they feel more secure Joe wont have a chance.
What, exactly, is being done to protect seniors?

Because I see pictures and videos of people not wearing masks and ignoring social distancing. How will we protect seniors from all those people?

It's kind of stunning that the GOPhers think it's fine to sacrifice some seniors to Covid-19, and the ones who survive will still vote for Trump.

Why dont you ask Cuomo?
Because I am asking Billy_Bob, dumbass!

He states 'As we reopen and we protect seniors....' I want to know what exactly he thinks is being done.

Was that really so hard for you to understand?

I'd bet Billie Bob is probably more qualified to answer that than Cuomo.
As I've said from the beginning of this bullshit. Keep the elderly and those who are susceptible at home.
No reason to shut down the whole fucken country.

Unfortunately Cuomo just jammed all the old kung flu virus sufferers into old folks homes.....with predictable results.
Yeah. I'm not asking you. I'm asking Billy_Bob. You can't even spell fucking. Just stop.

It all hinges on how the COVID-19 thing pans out.. As we reopen and we protect seniors old Joe doesn't stand a chance. The stock market just took a 1,000 point jump in a day and if it continues and they feel more secure Joe wont have a chance.
What, exactly, is being done to protect seniors?

Because I see pictures and videos of people not wearing masks and ignoring social distancing. How will we protect seniors from all those people?

It's kind of stunning that the GOPhers think it's fine to sacrifice some seniors to Covid-19, and the ones who survive will still vote for Trump.

Why dont you ask Cuomo?
Because I am asking Billy_Bob, dumbass!

He states 'As we reopen and we protect seniors....' I want to know what exactly he thinks is being done.

Was that really so hard for you to understand?

I'd bet Billie Bob is probably more qualified to answer that than Cuomo.
As I've said from the beginning of this bullshit. Keep the elderly and those who are susceptible at home.
No reason to shut down the whole fucken country.

Unfortunately Cuomo just jammed all the old kung flu virus sufferers into old folks homes.....with predictable results.
Yeah. I'm not asking you. I'm asking Billy_Bob. You can't even spell fucking. Just stop.

You should really work on your internet spelling.
It's all Fuked up.

YOU can not be made ill if YOU social distance. I am not responsible for YOUR decisions or health.

If somebody without a mask breathes or coughs on the bag of potato chips you pick up ten minutes later, guess what?

They throw everything against the wall hoping something sticks. Unfortunately there are some simple minded people falling for the left's lies about Coronavirus.
No conspiracy. No secret. Trump was bad news from his early years. He was a Democrat supporting Democrats most of his life, but when it came to elective office, they wouldn't have him. They knew him. You should have picked someone else. It is out in the open. He has been weighed, measured and found wanting. At the moment he and his ilk want the people over 60 to pay for his next election with our lives, if that is what it will take to get the economy moving quicker. FK trump, he is bad for American and even a traitor to every American in his age group. That is why he is losing support of seniors. Joe Biden will be voted into the Presidency, come November. Get used to it.

You need to lay off the drugs! People over 60 know that their Medicare and Social Security are safe with Trump but don't wan their funds spent on illegals, which is all the Dems are offering.

I think Trump's continued bleating about payroll tax cuts (to be permanent, or so he hopes) has seniors worried about Social Security and Medicare. And how they will be paid for.
You are full of shit. Trump wanted to suspend payroll taxes as a stimulus against COVID-19. The word permanent never crossed his lips.
You are a liar, or you are just stupid and uniformed. Trump has long wanted to eliminate payroll taxes.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-relief/trump-says-payroll-tax-relief-could-run-to-year-

Remarks by President Trump, Vice President Pence, and Members of the Coronavirus Task Force in Press Briefing | April 7, 2020 | The White House

Q — you have been very consistently supportive of the payroll relief tax. And I know that —

Q — are there still obstacles to that? Because that would put money in American pockets, like consistently throughout the year.

THE PRESIDENT: Yeah, you’re right. I would love to see a payroll — good question. I would love to see a payroll tax cut. And I think, on behalf of the people, it would be quick. Now, it’s a longer term — you know, it’s a longer time, because it’s over a period of a year or whatever you want to make it. But I would love to see a payroll tax cut. There are many people that would like to see it as a permanent tax cut — payroll tax cut.

THE PRESIDENT: I don’t know. You know, I don’t know if maybe they think it’s good politics to stop it.

But you’d get a lot of people a lot of money immediately. The payroll tax cut would be a great thing for this country. I would like to have it regardless of this, but this would be a fantastic time to have the payroll tax cut.

President Trump, to offset economic fallout from the fast-spreading coronavirus, has proposed slashing the payroll tax rate for employees and employers to 0 percent -- a change that he wants to make permanent, White House sources told Fox News.

Trump pitched temporarily eliminating the payroll tax rate during a lunch with Senate Republicans on Tuesday to insulate the economy from the coronavirus, which causes a disease called COVID-19. The virus has caused volatility in the stock markets and forced the Federal Reserve to make an emergency rate cut, the first time the U.S. central bank has done so since the financial crisis.

There has been consideration of eliminating it for three months, through the fall, through the calendar year or permanently, sources said.

Permanent has a different meaning in politics. he meant for more than a freaking month!

You know that suspending income tax would do nothing to help people who need help. You have 36 million people suddenly with no income, so how would cutting their taxes help anybody.

And those that are working, can't use a tax cut to spur spending, because only essential businesses were open.

This is a classic case of, if all you have is a hammer.
Duh... open the economy and allow them to work. Not an overly complex solution.
They ARE. Wake up and quit bitching.

You know that suspending income tax would do nothing to help people who need help. You have 36 million people suddenly with no income, so how would cutting their taxes help anybody.

And those that are working, can't use a tax cut to spur spending, because only essential businesses were open.

This is a classic case of, if all you have is a hammer.
Duh... open the economy and allow them to work. Not an overly complex solution.
They ARE. Wake up and quit bitching.
They are? Not in MA. Know your role and shut your mouth.

In the store all Gramps has is a mask. In a truck you have 8 tons of steel and seat belts.
Risk is risk.

We evaluate risk vs reward EVERY DAY OF OUR LIVES.

The type of danger posed is irrelevant if the risk outweighs the desired result.

Almost all of the deaths from this are elderly and medically compromised people. THOSE are the people who need to be sheltering in place.

The difference between the brave man and the fool, is the brave man knows the danger, and overcomes his fear. The fool is ignorant of the danger, and ignores it.

Did you check the date on that article? It's over two moths old!

Forum List

Back