Trump is Terrible for the Economy

I know Trump is trying. I just don't think he understands the economy as much as he claims he does.

This is a guy who has his own clothing lines made in China and Mexico. You can't possibly trust a guy like that.

On the serious side, I am very pleased by the employment figures. Very pleased. So is my portfolio. Today's good news made up for yesterday's bad news, so it comes out even.

Sadly, the stock market is only up by 14 percent since Daffy Donald took office. He tried to claim it was up 30 percent yesterday. He must actually believe his rube herd is incredibly stupid. There's no one who respects their supporters who would spit in their faces like that. You have to believe your followers are really fucking stupid to lie to them like that.

I guess they are that stupid. They prove it every day.
I give Trump credit for at least trying to bring good jobs back to the US, remember when Obama said those jobs "are not coming back"? Trump is also working to improve trade agreements. Over time the US economy should gain from better trade deals.

80 percent of the jobs lost over the past few decades have been automated out of existence. Obama was honest about that. Trump isn't. He lied to the coal workers about bringing their jobs back. Those jobs are gone forever.

We are actually manufacturing more goods than ever before. It just takes less workers to do it. That's a giant credit to capitalism, but it sucks to be the guy who has been replaced by a robot.

That's why I say the solution to our future is education. We need to train our kids for the jobs of tomorrow, not the jobs of their fathers.

Any politician who promises to "bring your jobs back" and then doesn't retool our education system is a fucking asshole of the worst sort. That is not someone who will make America great again. He is the opposite.

My son, who is a Junior this year, and I have been having this discussion a lot as he tries to decide what he wants to do after high school.

We focus on things that it is less likely can be automated out of the need of humans.

Both my wife and daughter are nurses, they are pretty darn safe, especially as the baby boomers age and retire.

He is far less sure of what he wants to do.

AzogtheDefiler

Go to 12:05.

"Don't believe those phony numbers when you hear 4.9 and 5 percent unemployment. The number's probably 28, 29, as high as 35. In fact, I even heard recently 42 percent."

OK but it has gone down under Trump correct? From whatever the baseline was.

The eight year momentum of rising employment has continued under Trump, yes.

Trump was elected on third base and claims he hit a triple.

Trump-2018.jpg

Was he on third base or on first because the economy was in recovery mode with record low interest rates for a long time.

I wrote a lot of posts about Obama's neglect of getting the country back on its feet and focusing on Obamacare instead when I came to this forum.

I also wrote a topic several years ago about the Fed's bond bubble doomsday machine. You can read it here: The Fed's Bond Bubble Doomsday Machine

Trump is benefiting from the momentum of the Fed's policies. He hasn't done anything himself to stoke the economy. His claims are bullshit.

When Trump does interfere in the markets, he behaves like an old school Democrat, which is what he is. For instance, his protectionist tariffs. And as soon as he started his moronic trade war, the stock market's growth stopped dead in its tracks.

So like I said in another topic, Trump was elected on third base and he's trying to steal second!

I respectfully disagree. Trump since in office has given businesses confidence that the administration is business friendly. That has helped a lot as well. He is not all good but he is not all bad either. The military contractors have seen a significant uptick. I have a good friend who runs a military contract company and he is killing it.

As I have mentioned several times on this forum, I stand to profit bigly from Trump's border wall.

On the serious side, I am very pleased by the employment figures. Very pleased. So is my portfolio. Today's good news made up for yesterday's bad news, so it comes out even.

Sadly, the stock market is only up by 14 percent since Daffy Donald took office. He tried to claim it was up 30 percent yesterday. He must actually believe his rube herd is incredibly stupid. There's no one who respects their supporters who would spit in their faces like that. You have to believe your followers are really fucking stupid to lie to them like that.

I give Trump credit for at least trying to bring good jobs back to the US, remember when Obama said those jobs "are not coming back"? Trump is also working to improve trade agreements. Over time the US economy should gain from better trade deals.

80 percent of the jobs lost over the past few decades have been automated out of existence. Obama was honest about that. Trump isn't. He lied to the coal workers about bringing their jobs back. Those jobs are gone forever.

We are actually manufacturing more goods than ever before. It just takes less workers to do it. That's a giant credit to capitalism, but it sucks to be the guy who has been replaced by a robot.

That's why I say the solution to our future is education. We need to train our kids for the jobs of tomorrow, not the jobs of their fathers.

Any politician who promises to "bring your jobs back" and then doesn't retool our education system is a fucking asshole of the worst sort. That is not someone who will make America great again. He is the opposite.

My son, who is a Junior this year, and I have been having this discussion a lot as he tries to decide what he wants to do after high school.

We focus on things that it is less likely can be automated out of the need of humans.

Both my wife and daughter are nurses, they are pretty darn safe, especially as the baby boomers age and retire.

Nurses and doctors will have a lot of assistance from AI in the future. And many medical jobs will be obsoleted by AI.

You know what will never go away? A need for plumbers. And electricians. Someone has to unclog the damned toilet and replace the shower stall.

And landscapers.

Go outside and look at your neighborhood. Every single tree, shrub, bush, right down to the last blade of grass, was put there by human hands.

Anyone who owns a nursery or landscaping business will always be rich. That's where I am trying to steer my son.

I agree. Automation is a threat and an even bigger one when you raise the min wage.

I have been educating my kids for the future. I have told them the jobs and opportunities which will exist. I spend every evening at dinner preparing them for the real world and the future.

We agree. Once 5G hits (less than 18 mos.) current cell phones will need to be upgraded but more importantly now self driving cars will become very viable. In seven years, self driving cars will be everywhere. They will be adopted as quickly as HD TVs were. Technology is moving at lightning speed.

Yes, self driving cars are precisely one of the things I have talked about with my kids. I think I even started a topic about it on this forum. A lot of things I bring up at the dinner table become topics on this forum. :lol:

I explained to my kids that because of self driving cars, there will be less truck drivers, cabbies, etc. A million jobs will be lost.

Self driving cars are more efficient. We use our cars for only 2 hours a day. In the future, people won't own cars any more. They will have a subcription, just like with their cell phones. You will have a subscription for a car to pick you up at 7 am every day and drive you to work, and then to pick you up at work at 2 and take you home (the work week will be 30 hours). That same car will then drop off and pick up other subscribers.

And like cell phones, you can buy features. Will you want to occupy the car alone or are you willing to carpool? And so forth.

By the time my kids are my age, people who know how to drive a car will be as rare as people today who know how to ride a horse.

So who do my kids want to be in that scenario?

They want to be the guy/gal who owns the car service. Or they will want to own stock in that car service. And so they will be looking for those opportunities.

And here's another thing. Because no one will own a car, then houses will no longer have driveways or garages. Think of the consequences of that!

We are on the same page. I believe Apple's biggest product in 15 years will be CARS! not Phones. I agree that millions of trucking jobs will be lost but trucks will be able to drive nonstop now and robots are more efficient and with big data overseeing everything. You'll have more efficient cars and yes very few driveways but there will be some because people will still want cars, etc. I also see schools going away as kids can log in and a teacher can teach 1000 kids instead of 20. Cheaper, you can rewind and ff and now kids in Palo Alto can get the same level of education as kids in Compton. My daughter, who is a freshman in HS and in the high honors program is basically on her own. Her classes are recordings from her teacher, all grades are project based and the teacher is only there for Q&A. Students learn from videos and one another. It is nuts. The world will be turned upside down and within seven years. Take a look at a pic of NYC in 1905...you'll see mostly horses and buggies and very few cars. Look at it in 1912 and you'll see mostly cars and few horses and buggies. Seven years is a LIFETIME!

No driveways. No attached garages. No parking garages in the city. No parking lots. No parked cars on the side of every street.

Lots and lots and lots of real estate freed up.

Think about that.

Last edited:
So you are arguing just to argue.

I am not arguing at all.

Could it be that he didn't believe it until he got elected and saw the raw data for himself?

What makes you think he has seen the raw data? What gives you the idea he could understand the raw data?
Would it kill you to just admit that like all politicians Trump was just taking out of his ass?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Because he is a multi billionaire?

Being a multi billionaire gives him the ability to read and understand raw data? Is that a joke?

I think it certainly does. If I can do it then so can he.

I agree. Automation is a threat and an even bigger one when you raise the min wage.
I have been educating my kids for the future. I have told them the jobs and opportunities which will exist. I spend every evening at dinner preparing them for the real world and the future.

We agree. Once 5G hits (less than 18 mos.) current cell phones will need to be upgraded but more importantly now self driving cars will become very viable. In seven years, self driving cars will be everywhere. They will be adopted as quickly as HD TVs were. Technology is moving at lightning speed.
Yes, self driving cars are precisely one of the things I have talked about with my kids. I think I even started a topic about it on this forum. A lot of things I bring up at the dinner table become topics on this forum. :lol:

I explained to my kids that because of self driving cars, there will be less truck drivers, cabbies, etc. A million jobs will be lost.

Self driving cars are more efficient. We use our cars for only 2 hours a day. In the future, people won't own cars any more. They will have a subcription, just like with their cell phones. You will have a subscription for a car to pick you up at 7 am every day and drive you to work, and then to pick you up at work at 2 and take you home (the work week will be 30 hours). That same car will then drop off and pick up other subscribers.

And like cell phones, you can buy features. Will you want to occupy the car alone or are you willing to carpool? And so forth.

By the time my kids are my age, people who know how to drive a car will be as rare as people today who know how to ride a horse.

So who do my kids want to be in that scenario?

They want to be the guy/gal who owns the car service. Or they will want to own stock in that car service. And so they will be looking for those opportunities.

And here's another thing. Because no one will own a car, then houses will no longer have driveways or garages. Think of the consequences of that!

We are on the same page. I believe Apple's biggest product in 15 years will be CARS! not Phones. I agree that millions of trucking jobs will be lost but trucks will be able to drive nonstop now and robots are more efficient and with big data overseeing everything. You'll have more efficient cars and yes very few driveways but there will be some because people will still want cars, etc. I also see schools going away as kids can log in and a teacher can teach 1000 kids instead of 20. Cheaper, you can rewind and ff and now kids in Palo Alto can get the same level of education as kids in Compton. My daughter, who is a freshman in HS and in the high honors program is basically on her own. Her classes are recordings from her teacher, all grades are project based and the teacher is only there for Q&A. Students learn from videos and one another. It is nuts. The world will be turned upside down and within seven years. Take a look at a pic of NYC in 1905...you'll see mostly horses and buggies and very few cars. Look at it in 1912 and you'll see mostly cars and few horses and buggies. Seven years is a LIFETIME!
I think Google will dominate the self driving business for a while.

Then some company that doesn't even exist yet will come along and put Google out of business.

When's the last time you bought an IBM personal computer? :lol:

Remember "IBM-compatible"?

A world where nobody owns a car.....decades away. Humans love to drive ....perhaps if cars get priced so high avg person can't afford one....but then your subscription won't be cheap either and they'll realize it was a scam from the beginning to fleece them more.

Nurses and doctors will have a lot of assistance from AI in the future. And many medical jobs will be obsoleted by AI.

You know what will never go away? A need for plumbers. And electricians. Someone has to unclog the damned toilet and replace the shower stall.

And landscapers.

Go outside and look at your neighborhood. Every single tree, shrub, bush, right down to the last blade of grass, was put there by human hands.

Anyone who owns a nursery or landscaping business will always be rich. That's where I am trying to steer my son.

Safe jobs: Plumbers, electricians, handymen, tech geeks (Geek Squad), bankers, doctors, shrinks, pro athletes, coaches, physical therapists, bodyguards.

No one will own cars in the city. You order the self-driving car you want to rent, hop in, and then hop out when you're done

And landscapers.

Doctors will be more easily replaced than nurses actually by AI. My wife is with a patient 13 hours straight, they see the Doc for 15 minutes if they are lucky. My daughter is an ER nurse and there is little outside of helping with diagnose that AI can help with.

My son is showing an interest in automotive mechanical field, but he has very little hands on as I am not all that mechanical so I do not do much with my vehicles. Sadly schools no longer have auto shop or wood shop for kids to find out about these things. This summer we have him enrolled in a couple classes at the local CC to get his hands dirty and see what he thinks.

And landscapers.

Safe jobs: Plumbers, electricians, handymen, tech geeks (Geek Squad), bankers, doctors, shrinks, pro athletes, coaches, physical therapists, bodyguards.

Yeah, we will always have shrinks. That's for sure. :lol:

Although the very first AI I encountered way back in the day was a psych program. It was fucking spooky.

No job is safe!

And landscapers.

Doctors will be more easily replaced than nurses actually by AI. My wife is with a patient 13 hours straight, they see the Doc for 15 minutes if they are lucky. My daughter is an ER nurse and there is little outside of helping with diagnose that AI can help with.

My son is showing an interest in automotive mechanical field, but he has very little hands on as I am not all that mechanical so I do not do much with my vehicles. Sadly schools no longer have auto shop or wood shop for kids to find out about these things. This summer we have him enrolled in a couple classes at the local CC to get his hands dirty and see what he thinks.
Our local high school has a three bay automotive shop. It's awesome. My son enrolled.

I am not arguing at all.

Could it be that he didn't believe it until he got elected and saw the raw data for himself?

What makes you think he has seen the raw data? What gives you the idea he could understand the raw data?
Would it kill you to just admit that like all politicians Trump was just taking out of his ass?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Because he is a multi billionaire?

Being a multi billionaire gives him the ability to read and understand raw data? Is that a joke?

I think it certainly does. If I can do it then so can he.

That is funny! I got a Masters so I could do it. Trump brags about not reading a book as an adult. It seems with each day on here your worship of Trump grows...these people are rubbing off on you.

And landscapers.

Our local high school has a three bay automotive shop. It's awesome. My son enrolled.

Damn, I wish they did that here. No shop classes of any sort. His school is so focused on 4 year college you are treated like an outcast by the Counselors if you do not want to go to a 4 year school.

A world where nobody owns a car.....decades away. Humans love to drive ....perhaps if cars get priced so high avg person can't afford one....but then your subscription won't be cheap either and they'll realize it was a scam from the beginning to fleece them more.

In the larger cities I think it is just a few years away.

Competition will drive the price down. I'm sure there were people who thought not a lot of people would make the transition to those newfangled incredibly expensive horseless carriages, too. :lol:

Competition will drive the price down. I'm sure there were people who thought not a lot of people would make the transition to those newfangled incredibly expensive horseless carriages, too. :lol:

remember when VCRs came out...only the rich and powerful had them

If you want to see the future of automobiles, visit an Amazon fulfillment warehouse. They have a miniature version of what our roads and highways will look like. These package carrier robots fly along "bumper to bumper" at an incredible clip, and zip through intersections without any collisions.

Pretty amazing.

I can't wait.

Forum List

Back