Trump is Terrible for the Economy

A world where nobody owns a car.....decades away. Humans love to drive ....perhaps if cars get priced so high avg person can't afford one....but then your subscription won't be cheap either and they'll realize it was a scam from the beginning to fleece them more.
Competition will drive the price down. I'm sure there were people who thought not a lot of people would make the transition to those newfangled incredibly expensive horseless carriages, too. :lol:
I look at it as akin to saying cats will quit chasing mice, humans love to drive. Wouldn't be surprised if govt, namely cities try to gain the Monopoly under rubric of public safety and public transportation. The better to tax and control.
I love to drive. Except for my daily commute. I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate my daily commute. HATE!

I can't wait for robot cars to drive me to work.
Think you could also end up with a "free market" fiasco like cable tv
Or health insurance.

Yeah, I hate government mandated monopolies as much as I hate commuting.

Speaking of cable, I'm reminded of something a drug addict said at a treatment center where I used to volunteer. A woman from AA was telling the group she had noticed her cable provider had accidentally turned on some movie channels she had not paid for. So she was going to let them know so they could turn those channels off. AA is all about honesty.

This provoked an addict to start ranting in rage about cable companies. He ended his rant with, "Cable should be free, like the roads!"

I couldn't stop myself. I blurted, "That's something only someone who is clearly not a taxpayer would say."
Oh come on G5. He pays sales tax on his liquor from the local ABC store. Cut him some slack.

Those numbers are lies .

It was dumb and annoying when Trump said this about employment numbers during the Obama admin, and it's still dumb and annoying to do it now. It's certainly reasonable to take into account that the numbers are often revised over time (both up and down), but there's no more reason to believe they are lies now then 2 years ago.

How much you consider the state of the economy to owe to Trump's decision making is of course a different question :p

Get your sarcasm meter fixed.

Employment Situation Summary

• Job growth surged by 312,000 in December.
  • Hispanics enjoyed record-low unemployment in December.
  • 419,000 new workers entered the workforce and the labor force participation rate increased to 63.1%.
  • 3.2% wage increase over a year ago (up 0.4% from November), which beats analysts' expectations of 3% for the year.
Let's impeach him....

It's a good report.

Now. Look at this chart.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Was Obama good for the economy?

• 419,000 new workers entered the workforce and the labor force participation rate increased to 63.1%.
  • 3.2% wage increase over a year ago (up 0.4% from November), which beats analysts' expectations of 3% for the year.
Let's impeach him....
Fake news!

Most of those jobs are illegal Mexicans. Really dark brown ones.

Bureau of Labor Statistics is Fake News? How so please?

Ask Trump who said for years they were fake.

He did?

Yes. Where ya been?

Job numbers and unemployed numbers were said to be fake by Trump almost up till the day he won, then they suddenly became real to him.

So the Bureau of Labor Stats is biased and wrong? How?

I don't know, I am not the one that was claiming they were wrong for years only to suddenly change my tune. Tweet Trump and ask him.

So you are arguing just to argue.

I am not arguing at all.

Could it be that he didn't believe it until he got elected and saw the raw data for himself?

That's incredible.

We all can see the raw data anytime we want.

You are special.

Those numbers are lies .

It was dumb and annoying when Trump said this about employment numbers during the Obama admin, and it's still dumb and annoying to do it now. It's certainly reasonable to take into account that the numbers are often revised over time (both up and down), but there's no more reason to believe they are lies now then 2 years ago.

How much you consider the state of the economy to owe to Trump's decision making is of course a different question :p

Get your sarcasm meter fixed.
Hmm you may be right. It's so hard to tell around here.

Let's impeach him....

Trump on the UE numbers...

Don’t believe those phony numbers, When you hear 4.9 and five-per-cent unemployment, the number’s probably twenty-eight, twenty-nine, as high as thirty-five—in fact, I even heard recently forty-two per cent.”

Wrong

Big signs are out saying hiring and 109 dollar sign up bonus

Those sign up bonuses are rising fast

With trump having the men on his side trump will dare corrupt meuller

Those numbers are lies .

Lefty keeps changing his mind. FIrst all the good news means it's still Obama's economy. Then the market loses some points and suddenly it becomes Trump's economy but then when the market rebounds and the job numbers start pouring in it magically switches back to Obama's economy again. Hmmmm

Jo

Let's impeach him....

Trump on the UE numbers...

Don’t believe those phony numbers, When you hear 4.9 and five-per-cent unemployment, the number’s probably twenty-eight, twenty-nine, as high as thirty-five—in fact, I even heard recently forty-two per cent.”

Wrong

Big signs are out saying hiring and 109 dollar sign up bonus

Those sign up bonuses are rising fast

With trump having the men on his side trump will dare corrupt meuller

Those were Trump's words not mine you fucking moron

Those numbers are lies .

Lefty keeps changing his mind. FIrst all the good news means it's still Obama's economy. Then the market loses some points and suddenly it becomes Trump's economy but then when the market rebounds and the job numbers start pouring in it magically switches back to Obama's economy again. Hmmmm

Jo

I’m just following what Trump said .

You tell me . Are the numbers real or fake ? Was trump a liar when he claimed the numbers were false ?

Those numbers are lies .

Jo

I’m just following what Trump said .

You tell me . Are the numbers real or fake ? Was trump a liar when he claimed the numbers were false ?
POS POTUS. DJT. Is a liar.

Let's impeach him....

It's a good report.

Now. Look at this chart.

Where are you AzogtheDefiler? Don't want to have a discussion?

Let's impeach him....

It's a good report.

Now. Look at this chart.

Where are you AzogtheDefiler? Don't want to have a discussion?

Obama was better than Bush. He was not terrible for the economy. Why?

Forum List

Back