Trump is Terrible for the Economy

300,000 jobs for December. Way above expectations.

The Dow is up 700 points.

Thank god.

Nurses and doctors will have a lot of assistance from AI in the future. And many medical jobs will be obsoleted by AI.

You know what will never go away? A need for plumbers. And electricians. Someone has to unclog the damned toilet and replace the shower stall.

And landscapers.

Go outside and look at your neighborhood. Every single tree, shrub, bush, right down to the last blade of grass, was put there by human hands.

Anyone who owns a nursery or landscaping business will always be rich. That's where I am trying to steer my son.

Doctors will be more easily replaced than nurses actually by AI. My wife is with a patient 13 hours straight, they see the Doc for 15 minutes if they are lucky. My daughter is an ER nurse and there is little outside of helping with diagnose that AI can help with.

My son is showing an interest in automotive mechanical field, but he has very little hands on as I am not all that mechanical so I do not do much with my vehicles. Sadly schools no longer have auto shop or wood shop for kids to find out about these things. This summer we have him enrolled in a couple classes at the local CC to get his hands dirty and see what he thinks.
Our local high school has a three bay automotive shop. It's awesome. My son enrolled.

Damn, I wish they did that here. No shop classes of any sort. His school is so focused on 4 year college you are treated like an outcast by the Counselors if you do not want to go to a 4 year school.
Yeah, the trades are looked down on. It's a shame. I bet if you took all the people in my village, and lined them up according to personal wealth, most of the people on the high end would have calluses on their hands.

I've shaken hands with a lot of them, and some of their hands feel like stone. It's very humbling.

I give Trump credit for at least trying to bring good jobs back to the US, remember when Obama said those jobs "are not coming back"? Trump is also working to improve trade agreements. Over time the US economy should gain from better trade deals.

80 percent of the jobs lost over the past few decades have been automated out of existence. Obama was honest about that. Trump isn't. He lied to the coal workers about bringing their jobs back. Those jobs are gone forever.

We are actually manufacturing more goods than ever before. It just takes less workers to do it. That's a giant credit to capitalism, but it sucks to be the guy who has been replaced by a robot.

That's why I say the solution to our future is education. We need to train our kids for the jobs of tomorrow, not the jobs of their fathers.

Any politician who promises to "bring your jobs back" and then doesn't retool our education system is a fucking asshole of the worst sort. That is not someone who will make America great again. He is the opposite.

My son, who is a Junior this year, and I have been having this discussion a lot as he tries to decide what he wants to do after high school.

We focus on things that it is less likely can be automated out of the need of humans.

Both my wife and daughter are nurses, they are pretty darn safe, especially as the baby boomers age and retire.

He is far less sure of what he wants to do.

Nurses and doctors will have a lot of assistance from AI in the future. And many medical jobs will be obsoleted by AI.

You know what will never go away? A need for plumbers. And electricians. Someone has to unclog the damned toilet and replace the shower stall.

And landscapers.

Go outside and look at your neighborhood. Every single tree, shrub, bush, right down to the last blade of grass, was put there by human hands.

Anyone who owns a nursery or landscaping business will always be rich. That's where I am trying to steer my son.

Safe jobs: Plumbers, electricians, handymen, tech geeks (Geek Squad), bankers, doctors, shrinks, pro athletes, coaches, physical therapists, bodyguards.

Yeah, we will always have shrinks. That's for sure. :lol:

Although the very first AI I encountered way back in the day was a psych program. It was fucking spooky.

No job is safe!

Black Jack dealers are out!!!!!!!!! LOL

Could it be that he didn't believe it until he got elected and saw the raw data for himself?

What makes you think he has seen the raw data? What gives you the idea he could understand the raw data?
Would it kill you to just admit that like all politicians Trump was just taking out of his ass?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Because he is a multi billionaire?

Being a multi billionaire gives him the ability to read and understand raw data? Is that a joke?

I think it certainly does. If I can do it then so can he.

That is funny! I got a Masters so I could do it. Trump brags about not reading a book as an adult. It seems with each day on here your worship of Trump grows...these people are rubbing off on you.

Show how I worship please.

What makes you think he has seen the raw data? What gives you the idea he could understand the raw data?
Would it kill you to just admit that like all politicians Trump was just taking out of his ass?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Being a multi billionaire gives him the ability to read and understand raw data? Is that a joke?

That is funny! I got a Masters so I could do it. Trump brags about not reading a book as an adult. It seems with each day on here your worship of Trump grows...these people are rubbing off on you.

You give him every benefit of the doubt, you never view his words or action in any thing but the most perfect light, as if he can do no wrong.

It does not enter you mind that when he was saying the UE rate was fake that he was just being a politician, no in your world he had just not seen the raw data yet.

Here is a hint for you, he does not walk on water.

You give him every benefit of the doubt, you never view his words or action in any thing but the most perfect light, as if he can do no wrong.

It does not enter you mind that when he was saying the UE rate was fake that he was just being a politician, no in your world he had just not seen the raw data yet.

Nor is he Satan. I just treat him fairly. IMO.

I do not see you giving others the same benefit of the doubt.

A world where nobody owns a car.....decades away. Humans love to drive ....perhaps if cars get priced so high avg person can't afford one....but then your subscription won't be cheap either and they'll realize it was a scam from the beginning to fleece them more.
Competition will drive the price down. I'm sure there were people who thought not a lot of people would make the transition to those newfangled incredibly expensive horseless carriages, too. :lol:
I look at it as akin to saying cats will quit chasing mice, humans love to drive. Wouldn't be surprised if govt, namely cities try to gain the Monopoly under rubric of public safety and public transportation. The better to tax and control.

Employment Situation Summary

• Job growth surged by 312,000 in December.
  • Hispanics enjoyed record-low unemployment in December.
  • 419,000 new workers entered the workforce and the labor force participation rate increased to 63.1%.
  • 3.2% wage increase over a year ago (up 0.4% from November), which beats analysts' expectations of 3% for the year.
Let's impeach him....
Men are already supporting trump and with this a lot more and the men has now judged muellers witch hunt is simply black mail crime

Others? Such as?

Employment Situation Summary

• Job growth surged by 312,000 in December.
  • Hispanics enjoyed record-low unemployment in December.
  • 419,000 new workers entered the workforce and the labor force participation rate increased to 63.1%.
  • 3.2% wage increase over a year ago (up 0.4% from November), which beats analysts' expectations of 3% for the year.
Let's impeach him....
Men are already supporting trump and with this a lot more and the men has now judged muellers witch hunt is simply black mail crime

A world where nobody owns a car.....decades away. Humans love to drive ....perhaps if cars get priced so high avg person can't afford one....but then your subscription won't be cheap either and they'll realize it was a scam from the beginning to fleece them more.
Competition will drive the price down. I'm sure there were people who thought not a lot of people would make the transition to those newfangled incredibly expensive horseless carriages, too. :lol:
I look at it as akin to saying cats will quit chasing mice, humans love to drive. Wouldn't be surprised if govt, namely cities try to gain the Monopoly under rubric of public safety and public transportation. The better to tax and control.
I love to drive. Except for my daily commute. I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate my daily commute. HATE!

I can't wait for robot cars to drive me to work.

Others? Such as?

This.

Others? Such as?

This.

Huh? Dummy

I love to drive. Except for my daily commute. I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate my daily commute. HATE!

Think you could also end up with a "free market" fiasco like cable tv

I love my commute at 5 am in the morning from a quiet suburb to downtown Richmond. In the 80s, driving to University completely sucked. Ug, it was wretched. It looks like the average price of a new car is 29K to 35K or so. The only thing I Hate more than driving, is a car payment. F that nonsense.

Think you could also end up with a "free market" fiasco like cable tv
Or health insurance.

Yeah, I hate government mandated monopolies as much as I hate commuting.

Speaking of cable, I'm reminded of something a drug addict said at a treatment center where I used to volunteer. A woman from AA was telling the group she had noticed her cable provider had accidentally turned on some movie channels she had not paid for. So she was going to let them know so they could turn those channels off. AA is all about honesty.

This provoked an addict to start ranting in rage about cable companies. He ended his rant with, "Cable should be free, like the roads!"

I couldn't stop myself. I blurted, "That's something only someone who is clearly not a taxpayer would say."

Forum List

Back