Trump is wrong on how China tariffs work

'President Trump said in a Twitter thread Friday that China is paying billions of dollars to the U.S. Treasury due to tariffs hours after he reignited the trade war with a tariff spike. This is a claim he's made before, including back in January, when he said it twice during a press conference and on Twitter.

Reality check: The tariffs are paid by U.S. importers of affected Chinese goods, not by China's government or by Chinese companies. Importers then either raise costs on consumers, lower their own profit margins or both.'

President Trump is wrong on how China tariffs work

What a fucking idiot Trump is...he does not even know how a tariff works.

Hey MORON...it's an import tariff. Why the fuck would China pay for an import tariff? Moron.

What a useless piece of shit he is.
/—-/ The Chinks will be forced to absorb the tariffs or part of them to keep their prices competitive.

Except for the fact that American companies are taking advantage of this and raising their prices as well. The only one paying is the consumer, just like with every other tax. Never seen you faux-Cons so happy about a new tax before. Amazing what you will accept coming from your god in the White House
/—-/ We’re not happy with it. We are happy with a president who is fighting back for a change instead of all the linguini spines politicians who let China rape us. BTW if Hildabeast did the same thing would you be screaming at her?

'President Trump said in a Twitter thread Friday that China is paying billions of dollars to the U.S. Treasury due to tariffs hours after he reignited the trade war with a tariff spike. This is a claim he's made before, including back in January, when he said it twice during a press conference and on Twitter.

Reality check: The tariffs are paid by U.S. importers of affected Chinese goods, not by China's government or by Chinese companies. Importers then either raise costs on consumers, lower their own profit margins or both.'

Hey MORON...it's an import tariff. Why the fuck would China pay for an import tariff? Moron.

/—-/ The Chinks will be forced to absorb the tariffs or part of them to keep their prices competitive.

Except for the fact that American companies are taking advantage of this and raising their prices as well. The only one paying is the consumer, just like with every other tax. Never seen you faux-Cons so happy about a new tax before. Amazing what you will accept coming from your god in the White House
/—-/ We’re not happy with it. We are happy with a president who is fighting back for a change instead of all the linguini spines politicians who let China rape us. BTW if Hildabeast did the same thing would you be screaming at her?

Yep, I would be screaming at anyone that takes more control of the economy away from the consumer and gives it to the government.

Under the current trade deals the US has...

1. the longest period of sustained job growth in the history of the country.

2. The 2nd longest period of economic expansion in the history of the country, which will become the longest in 3 months.

3. Sub 4% unemployment with more jobs than people to fill them.

4. Record setting financial markets...until the start of the trade war.

If we are being raped so badly by China, why is it our economy is kicking their ass and not the other way around?

You dumb ass butt hurt Tards can’t see the forest for the trees....

We have been getting screwed by China for years....

There will be short term losers in this trade war like any war...

Trump sees and plays for the long game.

In the end we will all benefit from Trumps common sense.

U.S. goods trade deficit with China tumbles to five-year low - Reuters

Any of you dumb ass Tards play poker?

You are on tilt from the historic ass kicking you took in 16....

If Trump came up with a cure for cancer you Tards would

claim he was putting doctors out of business...

You Trump Hating Tards need to honest and objective with yourself.

Yep, I would be screaming at anyone that takes more control of the economy away from the consumer and gives it to the government.

Under the current trade deals the US has...

1. the longest period of sustained job growth in the history of the country.

2. The 2nd longest period of economic expansion in the history of the country, which will become the longest in 3 months.

3. Sub 4% unemployment with more jobs than people to fill them.

4. Record setting financial markets...until the start of the trade war.

If we are being raped so badly by China, why is it our economy is kicking their ass and not the other way around?
/---/ "If we are being raped so badly by China, why is it our economy is kicking their ass and not the other way around?"
In spite of China, we're doing great. Imagine if we win the trade how much better it would be.

And it costing us big time!

Trump's Trade War Cost U.S. More Than $3 Billion A Month, Economists Say | HuffPost

Trump's Tariffs Are Screwing Farmers. Many Still Won't Blame Him. | HuffPost

And doesn't understand trade deficits either. The fact the we importing more than we're exporting does not mean that we are loosing the difference.

Fact check: Is Trump right that the U.S. loses $500 billion in trade to China?
Good luck in finding any media outlet that doesn’t slant information.

Here is the actual report straight from the source, no media needed

Trade War Results in Substantial Losses for U.S. & Other Countries

Their estimates reveal $3 billion per month in added tax costs, and $1.4 billion in “deadweight losses,” or income losses from foregone imports that could have been purchased at lower prices before the trade war.
Neutral because you say so...yawn.

Trump's Trade War Cost U.S. More Than $3 Billion A Month, Economists Say | HuffPost

And doesn't understand trade deficits either. The fact the we importing more than we're exporting does not mean that we are loosing the difference.

Their estimates reveal $3 billion per month in added tax costs, and $1.4 billion in “deadweight losses,” or income losses from foregone imports that could have been purchased at lower prices before the trade war.
If this article were a game, I would call “Excessive use of the word “Estimate!””.

I did not say neutral, I said straight from the source without the media middle man. Do try and keep up

I did not say neutral, I said straight from the source without the media middle man. Do try and keep up
“Excessive use of “Estimate!””.
You are so gullible.

So suddenly who and where do you make this cheap products?

Trump make his products in China. I’m sure you do NOT know that.

It's amazing to me how stupid people ^^^^ depend on old lies. The first caps Trump gave out were made overseas...
1. I was in the wholesale sportswear business for 30 years so pay attention because this is central to the issue.

2. His people looked for and found a US manufacturer who tooled up to produce his caps....they are 100% American made, and well-constructed....not the cheap polyester crap from China we used to sell.

3. I would prefer we tariffed China 25% on everything they try to sell here instead of making a deal. They'll cheat on any deal they make so why bother? Tariffs are easy to collect, can't be dodged, and go directly to the US treasury. That money can then be distributed to those who need to get off the China habit and use US manufacturing. In a year's time, China will give up on us and we'll become self-sufficient like we were for 200 years before the WTO made China into the slave-labor capital of the world.

I’m in the medical instruments business. About 75% of my consumables are made in China since 1985.

Explain to me what made you think I’m stupid. You are just a Trump licker so no matter what Trump said lying or not you don’t know the differences.

1. You were in the wholesale sale business supporter of trump trade war. When there’s NO single industries or economists or GOPs that supports trump trade wars. If there is one name me one.
Since when buying your products at higher prices is acceptable?

2. Can you elaborate that? As far as we the Americans knew ( except Trumps supporters) his products are made in China or Bangladesh.

3. Right from Trump text book. You don’t know what you are talking about. You are lying. Name me one industries or anybody that supports your claim like I mentioned in my #1. I’ll wait.

Trade war losers are you and me. For ignorant people do not understand that.

Remember prices will increase across the board. Not just commodities but from services, hardwares, insurances softwares, hospitals. ALL THE WAY. WHO PAYS??? You and me.

Do you want me to explain that for you?
WHO PAYS? As it stand now America pays $767 per family AND if the AH puts 25% tariffs on the next 300 billion it'll not only cost on average over $2000 but unemployment will be over a million How many of you TRump repub nut jobs will like that??

It's amazing to me how stupid people ^^^^ depend on old lies. The first caps Trump gave out were made overseas....I was in the wholesale sportswear business for 30 years so pay attention because this is central to the issue. His people looked for and found a US manufacturer who tooled up to produce his caps....they are 100% American made, and well-constructed....not the cheap polyester crap from China we used to sell. I would prefer we tariffed China 25% on everything they try to sell here instead of making a deal. They'll cheat on any deal they make so why bother? Tariffs are easy to collect, can't be dodged, and go directly to the US treasury. That money can then be distributed to those who need to get off the China habit and use US manufacturing. In a year's time, China will give up on us and we'll become self-sufficient like we were for 200 years before the WTO made China into the slave-labor capital of the world.
Tariff the shit out of China goods so we can go back to Made in America.
Pardon me for calling bullshit on trump and all his ass lickers NOTHING is going into the treasury Only ones paying will be Americans Even on FAUX Kudlow said the same

It's amazing to me how stupid people ^^^^ depend on old lies. The first caps Trump gave out were made overseas...
1. I was in the wholesale sportswear business for 30 years so pay attention because this is central to the issue.

2. His people looked for and found a US manufacturer who tooled up to produce his caps....they are 100% American made, and well-constructed....not the cheap polyester crap from China we used to sell.

3. I would prefer we tariffed China 25% on everything they try to sell here instead of making a deal. They'll cheat on any deal they make so why bother? Tariffs are easy to collect, can't be dodged, and go directly to the US treasury. That money can then be distributed to those who need to get off the China habit and use US manufacturing. In a year's time, China will give up on us and we'll become self-sufficient like we were for 200 years before the WTO made China into the slave-labor capital of the world.

I’m in the medical instruments business. About 75% of my consumables are made in China since 1985.

Explain to me what made you think I’m stupid. You are just a Trump licker so no matter what Trump said lying or not you don’t know the differences.

1. You were in the wholesale sale business supporter of trump trade war. When there’s NO single industries or economists or GOPs that supports trump trade wars. If there is one name me one.

2. Can you elaborate that? As far as we the Americans knew ( except Trumps supporters) his products are made in China or Bangladesh.

3. Right from Trump text book. You don’t know what you are talking about. You are lying. Name me one industries or anybody that supports your claim like I mentioned in my #1. I’ll wait.

Remember prices will increase across the board. Not just commodities but from services, hardwares, insurances softwares, hospitals. ALL THE WAY. WHO PAYS??? You and me.

WHO PAYS? As it stand now America pays $767 per family AND if the AH puts 25% tariffs on the next 300 billion it'll not only cost on average over $2000 but unemployment will be over a million How many of you TRump repub nut jobs will like that??
Bringing jobs back will cause unemployment...

INCORRECT: You left out the option the Chinese must lower their costs to attract US dollars or US dollars are spent in the US.

No, it is you whom is incorrect - what you are speaking of is potential 'cause and effect'. But that has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with what a tariff actually is...which is the entire point of the OP.

ILMAO. So the MFing OP attempts to detail the CAUSE AND EFFECT, but the OP leaves out some CAUSE AND EFFECT because it doesn't suit the intent. Unbelievable.

DUMBASS Kudlow was on Fuax Nuwz with Chris Wallace this morning & Wallace put Kudlow in an uncomfortable position by posing a question; Kudlow ADMITTED that the China tariffs would be paid by consumers.

Fucking DUH .............

Current tariffs are calculated to cost the average household ~$769 a year, an employment decrease in the US of over 1 million jobs, and a GDP loss of ~0.5%

The implied 25% tariffs are calculated to cost the average household OVER $2K a year, an employment decrease in the US of over 2 million jobs, and a GDP loss of over 1.0%

Kudlow disagreed & stated the numbers would not be so impactful. LOFL .............

I also heard Mexico is paying for some fucking wall ............ :abgg2q.jpg:

Bringing jobs back will cause unemployment...
What jobs?Americans forced to buy more expensive goods will cause many jobs to be lost,,many businesses to go under

Forum List

Back