Trump is wrong on how China tariffs work

What I will never understand is Trump can lie right to their faces time and time again and not only do they not dispute him they agree

In spite of China, we're doing great. Imagine if we win the trade how much better it would be.

There is no winning a trade war, there is only mitigating the damage.

Name one of those things that would get better under a new trade deal with China
I see no response to this
Americans having job opportunities would piss off slum lords.

Americans have more opportunities than Americans to fill them right now.

So suddenly who and where do you make this cheap products?

Trump make his products in China. I’m sure you do NOT know that.

It's amazing to me how stupid people ^^^^ depend on old lies. The first caps Trump gave out were made overseas...
1. I was in the wholesale sportswear business for 30 years so pay attention because this is central to the issue.

2. His people looked for and found a US manufacturer who tooled up to produce his caps....they are 100% American made, and well-constructed....not the cheap polyester crap from China we used to sell.

3. I would prefer we tariffed China 25% on everything they try to sell here instead of making a deal. They'll cheat on any deal they make so why bother? Tariffs are easy to collect, can't be dodged, and go directly to the US treasury. That money can then be distributed to those who need to get off the China habit and use US manufacturing. In a year's time, China will give up on us and we'll become self-sufficient like we were for 200 years before the WTO made China into the slave-labor capital of the world.

I’m in the medical instruments business. About 75% of my consumables are made in China since 1985.

Explain to me what made you think I’m stupid. You are just a Trump licker so no matter what Trump said lying or not you don’t know the differences.

1. You were in the wholesale sale business supporter of trump trade war. When there’s NO single industries or economists or GOPs that supports trump trade wars. If there is one name me one.
Since when buying your products at higher prices is acceptable?

2. Can you elaborate that? As far as we the Americans knew ( except Trumps supporters) his products are made in China or Bangladesh.

3. Right from Trump text book. You don’t know what you are talking about. You are lying. Name me one industries or anybody that supports your claim like I mentioned in my #1. I’ll wait.

Trade war losers are you and me. For ignorant people do not understand that.

Remember prices will increase across the board. Not just commodities but from services, hardwares, insurances softwares, hospitals. ALL THE WAY. WHO PAYS??? You and me.

Do you want me to explain that for you?
WHO PAYS? As it stand now America pays $767 per family AND if the AH puts 25% tariffs on the next 300 billion it'll not only cost on average over $2000 but unemployment will be over a million How many of you TRump repub nut jobs will like that??
Bringing jobs back will cause unemployment...
What jobs?Americans forced to buy more expensive goods will cause many jobs to be lost,,many businesses to go under
So manufacturing here will cause unemployment...

In spite of China, we're doing great. Imagine if we win the trade how much better it would be.

Name one of those things that would get better under a new trade deal with China

How many people does your company need that it can’t find?

Two, out of 20 slots needed to be filled with data analyst/statisticians. Bigger companies have far more, I have been here for more than 6 years and still get job offers on a regular basis from people desperate to fill positions. If I were willing to give up some of my quality of life I could make far more than I do.

It's amazing to me how stupid people ^^^^ depend on old lies. The first caps Trump gave out were made overseas...
1. I was in the wholesale sportswear business for 30 years so pay attention because this is central to the issue.

2. His people looked for and found a US manufacturer who tooled up to produce his caps....they are 100% American made, and well-constructed....not the cheap polyester crap from China we used to sell.

3. I would prefer we tariffed China 25% on everything they try to sell here instead of making a deal. They'll cheat on any deal they make so why bother? Tariffs are easy to collect, can't be dodged, and go directly to the US treasury. That money can then be distributed to those who need to get off the China habit and use US manufacturing. In a year's time, China will give up on us and we'll become self-sufficient like we were for 200 years before the WTO made China into the slave-labor capital of the world.

I’m in the medical instruments business. About 75% of my consumables are made in China since 1985.

Explain to me what made you think I’m stupid. You are just a Trump licker so no matter what Trump said lying or not you don’t know the differences.

1. You were in the wholesale sale business supporter of trump trade war. When there’s NO single industries or economists or GOPs that supports trump trade wars. If there is one name me one.

2. Can you elaborate that? As far as we the Americans knew ( except Trumps supporters) his products are made in China or Bangladesh.

3. Right from Trump text book. You don’t know what you are talking about. You are lying. Name me one industries or anybody that supports your claim like I mentioned in my #1. I’ll wait.

Remember prices will increase across the board. Not just commodities but from services, hardwares, insurances softwares, hospitals. ALL THE WAY. WHO PAYS??? You and me.

WHO PAYS? As it stand now America pays $767 per family AND if the AH puts 25% tariffs on the next 300 billion it'll not only cost on average over $2000 but unemployment will be over a million How many of you TRump repub nut jobs will like that??
What jobs?Americans forced to buy more expensive goods will cause many jobs to be lost,,many businesses to go under

We already have manufacturing here. A rise in prices so that people cannot afford to buy the things being manufactured could lead to people being laid off.

Two, out of 20 slots needed to be filled with data analyst/statisticians. Bigger companies have far more, I have been here for more than 6 years and still get job offers on a regular basis from people desperate to fill positions. If I were willing to give up some of my quality of life I could make far more than I do.
Excellent...so there are jobs for Americans.
Why does your area have such a dearth of analyst/statisticians?
Are you distant from a metropolitan area where young professionals don’t want to live?

There are companies begging for workers They can't find them

Yes How much depends on how high the cost of everyday products go You know everything will cost more ? Right?

We already have manufacturing here. A rise in prices so that people cannot afford to buy the things being manufactured could lead to people being laid off.
That problem is regional, not national.

Excellent...so there are jobs for Americans.
Why does your area have such a dearth of analyst/statisticians?
Are you distant from a metropolitan area where young professionals don’t want to live?

It does not have a dearth of analyst/statisticians, there just happens to be a lot of competition.

Does the mid-west appeal to young professionals? Guess it depends on where they came from.

It is not just my area, as you know there are more than a million more job openings than people to fill them in this country.

There are companies begging for workers They can't find them
There were companies begging for workers (Business Visas) the day the DOT COM and Housing Bubbles crashed.

And it costing us big time!

Trump's Trade War Cost U.S. More Than $3 Billion A Month, Economists Say | HuffPost

Trump's Tariffs Are Screwing Farmers. Many Still Won't Blame Him. | HuffPost

And doesn't understand trade deficits either. The fact the we importing more than we're exporting does not mean that we are loosing the difference.

Fact check: Is Trump right that the U.S. loses $500 billion in trade to China?
:9:

Boy, Trump is so dumb I hope he never runs for Prez. A dim would beat him so awful bad. Maybe even Uber**** could beat him

:auiqs.jpg:

Not hildabeast though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nope

Yes How much depends on how high the cost of everyday products go You know everything will cost more ? Right?
I suggest people go back to school and get better jobs in a nation not inundated with cheap labor.

nope
Yep.
NY, FL, WA, etc not suffering from a fresh supply of professionals.

nope
Yep.

True. My daughter left here to move to Florida.

But there is still a shortage of people nation wide. Not all 7 million open jobs are in the mid-west

Last edited:
. Importers then either raise costs on consumers, lower their own profit margins or both.'

OR buy from an American supplier eh, numbnuts? Guess who doesn't understand how tariffs work...it's YOU...surprising to exactly nobody.

LOL.

The thread is not about whether tariffs are a good idea or not - ignoramus.

It is STRICTLY about the fact that Trump does not even know what they are.

And neither do you - it seems.

Do yourself a favor...stop talking about tariffs - because it is clear you have no idea what they even are and are making an idiot of yourself.

Have a nice day.

I’m sure you’re an awesome greeter at Walmart. Have a nice day.

Consumers pay for Tariffs

Trump is charging working Americans in his trade war

Nope.....Not only are Americans forced to buy crap because nobody makes good stuff anymore, but now they can buy from a new American company, who employs Americans, pays taxes to our IRS, and has to stand up to any lawsuits because their product injured somebody....that should make your ambulance-chasers and venture capitalists happy....did you know Schumer is supporting Trump on these tariffs?

Big point! Both Schumer and Nancy are supporting the hard bargain being struck with China. The tariffs are not as bad as being portrayed. You don't have to buy the Chinese product. You can buy a US product or one from other countries. If China wants to sell stuff they (or the manufacturer) will eat most of that 25% tariff. Trump knows how tariffs work, he has Lighthizer and Navarro doing the heavy lifting. Xi and Trump will finalize and then celebrate.
Democrat-led House seen backing Trump’s China trade war, scrutinizing talks with allies - Reuters

True. Even that asshole Shhrumer asked him not to back down to China . He’s king of the dipshits as far as dims go. You can’t go against him.

nope
Yep.

True. My daughter left her to move to Florida.

But there is still a shortage of people nation wide. Not all 7 million open jobs are in the mid-west
The issue is how much those positions are worth to businesses.
The graduates in my area are getting lucrative offers and moving all over the states.

Forum List

Back