Trump lost me, most insensitive ahole Covid remark

Obama was really good at dancing around the truth while reading from his teleprompter.
You’re oblivious to the irony.
You're obliviously a retard.
Trump doesn't use one like Obama.
Obama demanded to know questions in advance.
Trump will answer any question.
So you can shove your irony.

“Older people, vulnerable people are going to die from this virus. That is going to happen despite whatever you do. Because with all our progress as a society, we can’t keep everyone alive.”

Unreal, what a heartless fuck. Why not just reopen everything now?
That's been the Trumper motto from the beginning

"Fuck em...they're old. They were gonna die anyway"
Again....you twist his words in a disingenuous attempt to trash the guy.
He said old people are at the greatest risk of dying from this virus.
HOW DARE TRUMP STATE THE OBVIOUS!!!

Oh....and the exact words you folks are attributing to Trump were said by NY Gov. Cuomo:

“Older people, vulnerable people are going to die from this virus. That is going to happen despite whatever you do. Because with all our progress as a society, we can’t keep everyone alive.” NY Gov Cuomo

Last edited:
It's true tho....

We should re-open everything now, where masks inside, protect the at risk.

We were never supposed to NOT get it, we were supposed to flatten the curve. Ride the wave to herd immunity n shit.

Stay safe.
Is that what you think the other countries did? You know the ones who have no more deaths. Got everybody infected and killed it through herd immunity??

what a horrible idea you’ve been fed

What was the purpose for shutting down?
To social distance and slow the spread

Correct, but why?

why do we need to slow the spread?
So less people get sick, hospitals don’t get overwhelmed and less people die... I’m not seeing the point you’re trying to make

1. wrong, it was never to prevent you from getting sick.

2. Correct. the shut down and social distancing is to prevent the hospitals from being overwhelmed. That's it. it was never intended to prevent you from ever catching it.

See you agree with me and you didn't even know it. I know I know it feels good. ;)
I don’t agree with you. How do you think so many other countries have such a low case/death count right now? It’s not because they hit herd immunity... less people are getting sick and less people are dying.

that’s was obviously a major factor I don’t see how you can argue otherwise

You are confused, so you know that the reason we shut down was to not overwhelm the hospitals yet your arguing that its about not getting sick? which is it.

Cognitive dissonance is strong with you.

Other countries have lower death rates due to culture, and draconian governments. we have a culture of anti-authority and individualism in the US. we distrust government and when it starts hurting we have no problem defying such.

I opened up my building in defiance of cuomo. No problems here, why is that? Do you think New york and new jerseys flattening of the curve has anything to do with say masks, social distancing, etc?

why does FL have nearly the same number of cases but 1/5 the deaths?

Ask questions my friend, you are being lied to about this virus.
Reasons for the shut down can be BOTH to reduce the spread of the sickness and to not overwhelm hospitals. Both can be true and work hand in hand. It’s not one or the other

True, however the point was to not overwhelm the hospitals and yes reduce the spread does this. reduce the incident rate, not reduce the spread so you don't get it.
Please reread what you just wrote

I did whats up, reduce the spread incident rate to not overwhelm the hospitals.
Are you trying to draw a distinction between the “spread incident rate” and the spread? Also are you trying to say that social distancing doesn’t effect the death count? I just want to be clear

Social distancing and even n95 or better masks do work if done correctly, here in NYC and NJ people are ignoring social distancing rules and are using bandannas or at best surgical masks under thier noses.

Yet no spike, btw.
Didn’t this conversation start because you said we needed to be open for business because the shutdown does nothing to prevent the spread and deaths from the virus? It was only to not overwhelm hospitals.
Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought that was your whole premise that started the debate.

no, that's not how the conversation started.

I think we should open up, with n95 or surgical mask or better rules and let people take care of themselves. Open as much as we can with proper masks indoors, social distance, etc....

bandannas under your nose don't work.
Well then I don’t know what we are arguing about. We are Trying to open and due to sloppy messaging and poor guidelines and reckless behavior we do so too quickly and blew the months of shelter work that sacrificed so many businesses and now the problem is surging again.

I told you you agreed with me.

but here is where we disagree, we are surging, but only in areas where they never had their "Wave".

bonus is the death rate in these states is 1/5 that of new york.
The death rate is not an accurate number. We are testing many more people now than we did when NY was surging... also we are seeing more young people infected now as seniors are more prepared to social distance. But I do agree we are getting better at avoiding and treating the disease.

sure it is, it is clearly going down, it's below 1.3%

but you have to watch the hospitalization capacity rating, thats what flattening the curve is for.

young people should get infected, (no not on purpose) and they should do it at once, that would starve the virus. think about it.
That’s idiotic. Young people are still dying from it. Yes at a very low rate but to promote them getting infected is rediculous. Especially since many can be carrying and spreading it to old people without even knowing it.

young people are dying at such a low rate it's not even like a thing.

Most of those who died and young like 99% of them had underlying conditions.

I am no "promoting" them purposefully getting infected, what I am saying is that it should be expected and they should go about thier days with a mask, with social distancing, but everything open.

Yes, America should open back up, ALL of it. NOTHING the president could ever say or do could PROTECT, EVERYONE... NOTHING, and even if he tried, the draconian measures it would require would immediately piss off the entire nation. They'd all be screaming bloody murder.

I think far more people have or have had this virus already. I think I might have even had it already. I had chills and a little sore throat about a month ago, and I bet if I'd have gotten tested it would have been positive. I bet if they could test every person in America this very instant, 75% of the people would test positive, but the vast majority of them wouldn't even know they were infected, and most of the others aren't sick enough to be hospitalized.

We need to open back up. This lock down shit is stupid, and so are masks.

Masks are stupid? No, the people who think they are stupid are stupid.

Standard N95 mask performance was used as a control to compare the results with cloth masks, and our results suggest that cloth masks are only marginally beneficial in protecting individuals from particles<2.5 μm.

COVID is less than .1 μm.
For about the 100th time, the virus exists in vapor droplets, not by itself. Masks take care of your sneeze and cough.

If you don't have a virus you don't need a mask.

How do you know you have it? Do you get tested hourly?

I got it early right at the beginning way early, before any briefings, I get tested for antibodies monthly. ;)

That doesn't mean you cannot get it again, now does it?

Well, if it doesn't mean that, then a vaccine's not going to be a thing that happens, is it? So then what's the game plan?

it's #fakenews nonsense.

you cannot get it twice there is no confirmed incident of a person getting covid, completely recovering, having the antibodies and getting it again.

This has a lot of truth.

0_5_q4DhiY968ylCyY-M.jpg
You're comparing urinating on someone to breathing in the general vicinity of someone. Hyperbole undermines your position, even if it was in a silly meme. Regardless, There is contested ground between your right to reasonable safety in public and other's rights to breathe freely in public. IMHO, it's best to let individuals decide. If you want to shun non-mask wearers, you can, and they're easy to spot.

The peeing one is funny, if one were to pee with the force of a sneeze, there would be spray through their cheap ass costco jeans.

Folks need to read pages 12, 21 and 22.
You all got hoodwinked.
This was a Cuomo comment, and Frank pulled off the most epic troll I have ever seen.
:laughing0301:
Still continuing despite the actual link posted by TemplarKormac, proving Trump never said it.

May 17, 2020
Older people, vulnerable people are going to die from this virus. That is going to happen despite whatever you do. Because with all our progress as a society, we can't keep everyone alive.
Curious.
Do you condemn Cuomo as much as those who mistakenly condemn Trump for that statement?

My view is it is just a harsh reality and a truthful statement. In MN, 85% of deaths are in long term care and the elderly. I won't condemn Cuomo even though I don't like him for pointing out a harsh truth.

Oh no, a leftist thinks I'm not really a libertarian. I'm going to cry now ...

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Sorry, I tried ...

BTW, you also don't know how to capitalize. I said I am NOT a member of the Libertarian Party. I am just libertarian. I know you don't know what that means with your going to government schools and all
You’re not a libertarian. You’re a Trumper, through and through.

And you're a Biden Humper. Did you have anything but name calling? LOL, I crack myself up. Like you have anything but name calling ....
Interesting that you think Trumper is the same as name-calling. You must associate it with something bad. But you were a teabagger, too, so...

Nope. Biden is irrelevant. I would vote for a turnip over Trump.

How long did it take you to stop opening your mouth as wide as you could every time someone mentioned teabagging?

And this is how stupid you are. Your standard is that to support Trump means you love him and agree with him on every issue, but you don't even have to like him to vote for Biden. It's just more of your brainless drivel
I’m voting to remove Trump from office.

Incorrect, you are voting for the democrat as you are told too.

as always.

is your candidate that bad?

Yes. Syndi would vote for any Democrat. So saying she has a specific reason is obviously a lie. Good call out there

Oh no, a leftist thinks I'm not really a libertarian. I'm going to cry now ...

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Sorry, I tried ...

BTW, you also don't know how to capitalize. I said I am NOT a member of the Libertarian Party. I am just libertarian. I know you don't know what that means with your going to government schools and all
You’re not a libertarian. You’re a Trumper, through and through.

And you're a Biden Humper. Did you have anything but name calling? LOL, I crack myself up. Like you have anything but name calling ....
Interesting that you think Trumper is the same as name-calling. You must associate it with something bad. But you were a teabagger, too, so...

Nope. Biden is irrelevant. I would vote for a turnip over Trump.

How long did it take you to stop opening your mouth as wide as you could every time someone mentioned teabagging?

And this is how stupid you are. Your standard is that to support Trump means you love him and agree with him on every issue, but you don't even have to like him to vote for Biden. It's just more of your brainless drivel
I’m voting to remove Trump from office.

Incorrect, you are voting for the democrat as you are told too.

as always.

is your candidate that bad?

Yes. Syndi would vote for any Democrat. So saying she has a specific reason is obviously a lie. Good call out there

It's actually a tell, she knows that biden is in cognitive crisis so she has to hedge her bets on why she or any democrat is voting for the candidate of thier party, when the wheels come off the bus and biden forgets who or what he is and has to resign they can all pretend it was a protest vote.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Curious.
Do you condemn Cuomo as much as those who mistakenly condemn Trump for that statement?
I think the US response has been a gigantic clusterfuck. From here it looks as though the IMPOTUS's unwillingness to deploy federal resources has handicapped the states' governors and led to piecemeal responses culminating in shameful results. A national pandemic needs a national response. The entire Much of the country can be ashamed of itself. Cuomo included.

No, there isn't and no, there aren't.
Yes, there is and yes, there are.
If you post at a 3rd grade level, you'll be replied to in kind, son.
And you aren't deciding just for yourself,
Yes, I am. I'm certainly not going to decide for you. You're free to do that for yourself.
you're deciding for everyone you come in contact with.
Paranoids can easily avoid me. I'm the person not wearing a mask.
Put on the damn mask.
I do, when I deem it necessary.
By not wearing a mask you are deciding for everyone you come in contact with.

Put on the damn mask.

Did anyone here notice that quote was from Cuomo and not Trump? Frank did an expert job in hoodwinking this board. Best troll I've seen in years.
Exactly
Holy crap!!!
Now that is freaking hilarious...
:auiqs.jpg:
Has Frank even commented since that first post? I am looking but haven't found another post yet. If this is a troll...
Well played sir...
:happy-1:

Well, he got conservatives to agree with Cuomo and liberals to disagree with Cuomo.

An expert demonstration on how divided we are. All he had to do was switch names on the quote and poof, it was as if that quote came directly out of the Orange Man's mouth.

I still can't believe I fell for that.

I don't have a problem agreeing with Cuomo on the basic substance of the quote. The problem was always the context, which was him deliberately infecting the elderly with coronavirus, and then trying to shrug it off.

Had Trump said it, on the other hand, he DOESN'T have the context of callously infecting the elderly with coronavirus.

Context matters.

May 17, 2020
Older people, vulnerable people are going to die from this virus. That is going to happen despite whatever you do. Because with all our progress as a society, we can't keep everyone alive.
Curious.

My view is it is just a harsh reality and a truthful statement. In MN, 85% of deaths are in long term care and the elderly. I won't condemn Cuomo even though I don't like him for pointing out a harsh truth.

It's a harsh truth that people are going to die no matter what, and that no one can stop death. However, in Cuomo's case, it's ALSO a harsh truth that he made no effort to protect those who didn't necessarily have to die right then from that particular illness.

Yes, I am. I'm certainly not going to decide for you. You're free to do that for yourself.
Put on the damn mask.

Put on the damn mask.

my answer to any asshole in the street saying that shit to me is simple. "fight me".

That usually ends it. especially when it's old lady's they don't want none of this!

It's true tho....

We should re-open everything now, where masks inside, protect the at risk.

We were never supposed to NOT get it, we were supposed to flatten the curve. Ride the wave to herd immunity n shit.

Stay safe.
Is that what you think the other countries did? You know the ones who have no more deaths. Got everybody infected and killed it through herd immunity??

what a horrible idea you’ve been fed

What was the purpose for shutting down?
To social distance and slow the spread

Correct, but why?

why do we need to slow the spread?
So less people get sick, hospitals don’t get overwhelmed and less people die... I’m not seeing the point you’re trying to make

1. wrong, it was never to prevent you from getting sick.

2. Correct. the shut down and social distancing is to prevent the hospitals from being overwhelmed. That's it. it was never intended to prevent you from ever catching it.

See you agree with me and you didn't even know it. I know I know it feels good. ;)
I don’t agree with you. How do you think so many other countries have such a low case/death count right now? It’s not because they hit herd immunity... less people are getting sick and less people are dying.

that’s was obviously a major factor I don’t see how you can argue otherwise

You are confused, so you know that the reason we shut down was to not overwhelm the hospitals yet your arguing that its about not getting sick? which is it.

Cognitive dissonance is strong with you.

Other countries have lower death rates due to culture, and draconian governments. we have a culture of anti-authority and individualism in the US. we distrust government and when it starts hurting we have no problem defying such.

I opened up my building in defiance of cuomo. No problems here, why is that? Do you think New york and new jerseys flattening of the curve has anything to do with say masks, social distancing, etc?

why does FL have nearly the same number of cases but 1/5 the deaths?

Ask questions my friend, you are being lied to about this virus.
Reasons for the shut down can be BOTH to reduce the spread of the sickness and to not overwhelm hospitals. Both can be true and work hand in hand. It’s not one or the other

True, however the point was to not overwhelm the hospitals and yes reduce the spread does this. reduce the incident rate, not reduce the spread so you don't get it.
Please reread what you just wrote

I did whats up, reduce the spread incident rate to not overwhelm the hospitals.
Are you trying to draw a distinction between the “spread incident rate” and the spread? Also are you trying to say that social distancing doesn’t effect the death count? I just want to be clear

Social distancing and even n95 or better masks do work if done correctly, here in NYC and NJ people are ignoring social distancing rules and are using bandannas or at best surgical masks under thier noses.

Yet no spike, btw.
Didn’t this conversation start because you said we needed to be open for business because the shutdown does nothing to prevent the spread and deaths from the virus? It was only to not overwhelm hospitals.
Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought that was your whole premise that started the debate.

no, that's not how the conversation started.

I think we should open up, with n95 or surgical mask or better rules and let people take care of themselves. Open as much as we can with proper masks indoors, social distance, etc....

bandannas under your nose don't work.
Well then I don’t know what we are arguing about. We are Trying to open and due to sloppy messaging and poor guidelines and reckless behavior we do so too quickly and blew the months of shelter work that sacrificed so many businesses and now the problem is surging again.

I told you you agreed with me.

but here is where we disagree, we are surging, but only in areas where they never had their "Wave".

bonus is the death rate in these states is 1/5 that of new york.
The death rate is not an accurate number. We are testing many more people now than we did when NY was surging... also we are seeing more young people infected now as seniors are more prepared to social distance. But I do agree we are getting better at avoiding and treating the disease.

sure it is, it is clearly going down, it's below 1.3%

but you have to watch the hospitalization capacity rating, thats what flattening the curve is for.

young people should get infected, (no not on purpose) and they should do it at once, that would starve the virus. think about it.
That’s idiotic. Young people are still dying from it. Yes at a very low rate but to promote them getting infected is rediculous. Especially since many can be carrying and spreading it to old people without even knowing it.

young people are dying at such a low rate it's not even like a thing.

Most of those who died and young like 99% of them had underlying conditions.

I am no "promoting" them purposefully getting infected, what I am saying is that it should be expected and they should go about thier days with a mask, with social distancing, but everything open.
I hear what you are suggesting and that method will lead to more deaths and wider spread. We are seeing it happening now. If that’s what you want then fine you are entitled to that opinion. But don’t pretend that more carnage won’t be the result of your suggestions

Put on the damn mask.

Put on the damn mask.
Already told you to try a plastic bag tightly over your head, just to be sure.
Covers two things, you won't have to worry about Covid and the rest of us don't have to put up with your lame responses.

I am here to help.

“Older people, vulnerable people are going to die from this virus. That is going to happen despite whatever you do. Because with all our progress as a society, we can’t keep everyone alive.”

Unreal, what a heartless fuck. Why not just reopen everything now?

Trump told you the truth whether you could handle it or not. Nothing wrong with that. Much respect to him.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm

Forum List

Back