Trump: Low Taxes are "Ridiculous"

I think this is Cruz's chance to gain some ground on Trump. I'd be happy with either Cruz or Trump as the nominee.

They have diametrically opposed Immigration plans...how could you be happy with either one?

Ted Cruz wants to increase H-1B visas from 65,000 to 325,000 annually | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Immigration isn't the only issue I think about. Anyway I like them for different reasons. I like Trump because he's not a career politican and speaks freely without the PC shakles all the other potions are bound by. I also respect what he's done in the private sector and consider him more than competent enough to handle the job of POTUS. I like Cruz because many of my views are in line with his views. Particularly his foreign policy beliefs is why I consider him captivating and inteligent, and I would feel very comfortable with him as my president.

The grass hopper and the ant come to mind.....

actually, ants are very good metaphor for Capitalism. Worker ants work their ass off. The drone do nothing except wait for that happy day they can fly off and mate. But in the end, the queens are the only ones making out on the deal, as the workers die of exhaustion after a few weeks and have nothing to show for it.

fact is a grasshopper lives a lot longer than a worker ant does, and most oft he workers die off when winter hits.

Low taxes on hedge fund managers, that is.

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump blasted hedge fund managers on Sunday as mere "paper pushers" who he said were "getting away with murder" by not paying their fair share of taxes.

In a telephone interview on CBS's "Face the Nation," Trump vowed to reform the tax laws if elected and said the current system was harming middle class Americans who currently faced higher tax rates than traders on Wall Street.

"The hedge fund guys didn't build this country. These are guys that shift paper around and they get lucky," Trump said.

"They are energetic. They are very smart. But a lot of them - they are paper-pushers. They make a fortune. They pay no tax. It's ridiculous, ok?"

Trump's comments were referring to the so-called "carried interest loophole" - a provision in the tax code which allows private equity and hedge fund managers pay taxes at the capital gains rate instead of the ordinary income rate.

Many fund managers are in the top income bracket, but the capital gains tax bracket is only 20 percent.

While these individuals are also required to pay an additional 3.8 percent surtax on their net investment income, this total rate is still far lower than the 39.6 percent rate that top wage earners must pay on their ordinary income.​

Trump says tax code is letting hedge funds 'get away with murder'

I happen to agree with Trump on this. As does Hillary Clinton. And Bernie Sanders.

But when I've discussed this with conservatives here on the board in the past, they've disagreed with me, saying hedge fund managers shouldn't pay higher taxes.

The richest most successful hedge fund managers have disproportional given money to democrats, ie Obama.

That defies logic!

Why would the "richest most successful hedge fund managers have disproportional given money to democrats" since that would be going against their own self interests?
Think. Use your brain.

They are making billions off of green energy.

Are you getting it yet?

Green energy is the new oil.

It's all a scam to make billions off of green energy.

Global warming is a scam. It's a money making scam.

Tom Steyer former hedge fund manager, billionaire.

"As the battle over the ambitious climate change proposals pending in the Legislature heats up, billionaire environmentalist Tom Steyer has been notably coy about how much he intends to spend to boost the bills'

Tom Steyer plays it coy about spending money to boost climate bills

Steyer was the guest of honor at the California Democratic Party headquarters Thursday to fete the building's LEED Gold certification, a high standard of energy efficiency. "

Tom Steyer plays it coy about spending money to boost climate bills

They have their hand in every pie and suckers fall for their lies. :(

http://www.latimes.com/local/politi...-fear-mongering-on-sb-350-20150819-story.html

Is it possible to have a rational discussion about this? It seems that if their fees are really like commissions, then they should pay regular income tax rates. Am I missing something?
Yes, a large portion of their fees are incentive allocation fees which is done as a partnership allocation allowing the use of long term capital gains to calculate taxes.
file:///C:/Users/HarryG/Desktop/spoloner.journal.of.taxation.article.jun10.pdf

how the fuck can anyone justify giving 1/5th of your work week to the Fed in just taxes?

Taxes are the price you pay to live in a civilized society.
Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Move elsewhere if you want to live in an uncivilized society or remain here and pay your taxes.

Your choice.
you have to make assumptions about how I think to post rubbish like that.

it had nothing to do with what I said.

aside from that

the Fed gets 1/5 + of everything all of us make and they still can't pay their bills.

think about that

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump blasted hedge fund managers on Sunday as mere "paper pushers" who he said were "getting away with murder" by not paying their fair share of taxes.

In a telephone interview on CBS's "Face the Nation," Trump vowed to reform the tax laws if elected and said the current system was harming middle class Americans who currently faced higher tax rates than traders on Wall Street.

"The hedge fund guys didn't build this country. These are guys that shift paper around and they get lucky," Trump said.

"They are energetic. They are very smart. But a lot of them - they are paper-pushers. They make a fortune. They pay no tax. It's ridiculous, ok?"

Trump's comments were referring to the so-called "carried interest loophole" - a provision in the tax code which allows private equity and hedge fund managers pay taxes at the capital gains rate instead of the ordinary income rate.

Many fund managers are in the top income bracket, but the capital gains tax bracket is only 20 percent.

While these individuals are also required to pay an additional 3.8 percent surtax on their net investment income, this total rate is still far lower than the 39.6 percent rate that top wage earners must pay on their ordinary income.​

I happen to agree with Trump on this. As does Hillary Clinton. And Bernie Sanders.

But when I've discussed this with conservatives here on the board in the past, they've disagreed with me, saying hedge fund managers shouldn't pay higher taxes.
Why should hedge fund managers pay higher taxes? How is that remotely fair?

Income is income.

Why should some income be taxed at a lower rate simply because it comes from a different occupation?

Should dentists have a different tax rate to electricians?

The grass hopper and the ant come to mind.....

actually, ants are very good metaphor for Capitalism. Worker ants work their ass off. The drone do nothing except wait for that happy day they can fly off and mate. But in the end, the queens are the only ones making out on the deal, as the workers die of exhaustion after a few weeks and have nothing to show for it.

fact is a grasshopper lives a lot longer than a worker ant does, and most oft he workers die off when winter hits.

They drone do nothing? Fly off and mate?
Oft he workers?
Have you considered AA?

Their income tax is based on capital gains - 20% plus a 3.8 surtax on income over $250k which is earmarked - supposedly - for Obamacare. So what? The argument is not that they ought to pay more in taxes. The argument is that the marginal rates are too high.

No, that's not the argument.

The argument is that carried interest shouldn't be taxed as capital gains.

Feeding the dragon only makes the dragon stronger

Income is income.

Why should some income be taxed at a lower rate simply because it comes from a different occupation?

Using that logic, why should the rich pay more for their income than the poor? It's all income right?

And why is the estate tax 40%. It's just income right.

That's why a flat tax on all income is the fair thing to do. The right thing to do.

This is probably an exaggerated lie created by taking things out of context with the goal of splitting trump supporters. How much does Biden pay you?

In other words, hedge fund managers are going to be out on the income tax system and not on the capital gains tax system. What is the big deal?

Income is income.

Using that logic, why should the rich pay more for their income than the poor? It's all income right?

That's why a flat tax on all income is the fair thing to do. The right thing to do.
Because the rich take in the majority of taxable income and a flat tax would decimate government funding?

Income is income.

Which part of the term "occupation" do you need an adult to explain to you?

Income is income.

Because the rich take in the majority of taxable income and a flat tax would decimate government funding?
Both wrong.
Russia instituted a flat tax and revenues increased, because the incentive to cheat was largely gone.

This is exactly why a flat tax is needed.
No more loop holes no more deductions,everyone pays.
Exactly............Scrap the current code. Simplify...........and make the system fair for everyone..............

They want the loop holes gone and so do I, but they for some strand reason want the same fucked up system we have now. Which is stupid.

They want the "rich" to pay more but don't want to pay their own fair share
Why are you tonguing the balls of the rich?

Forum List

Back