Trump Needs to Take Responsibility to Save His Reelection, But it's Probably too Late

Gee, Rich...remember Nancy Pelosi and her sweetheart deal with VISA?

That was her husband, and that was 12 years ago.
Can you imagine the OUTRAGE if Melania Trump bought a large amount of stock and then her husband vetoed a bill that made that stock soar in value? OMG...the uproar would be so loud it would drown out anything else going on anywhere!

Psst. The SEC would probably classify that as Market Manipulation. A felony.

Let’s test your honesty! What were the democrats and officials in New York saying and doing. For the month Nancy sat on the impeachment before sending it to the Senate what was she doing? What was Schumer doing? Cuomo? What?
Pelosi and Schumer rely on newspapers?
The chairman of the senate intelligence committee, RIchard Burr
was busy selling off almost $2 million in stocks after he was briefed in mid February.
Gee, Rich...remember Nancy Pelosi and her sweetheart deal with VISA? Or do you only see the Republican scumbags that cash in on insider information?

Actually, I think you're channeling Senator Diane Feinstein
Trump is the greatest president in the history of America and I’m not being biased

Let me correct that for you. Trump will go down in history as the worst president this country has ever elected.
TDS
Only if you're a progressive...for the rest of America...he'll be remembered fondly for restoring the economy after eight long years of Barack Obama's feckless economic policies!

Restoring? Talk about revisionist history. Obama took an economy that was in the shitter with GWB and pulled it out, starting one of the longest economic expansions in our history..and then handing that off in a walk to Trump, who backed into the Presidency. And while I'm not going to hang the pandemic decline and stimulus debacle on Trump, he did manage (before the pandemic) to rack up a USA first deficit of 1.2 Trillion dollars.

"Obama took an economy that was in the shitter with GWB and pulled it out, starting one of the longest economic expansions in our history"

Talk about revisionist history. Unbelievable, the Obama economic growth for his 8 years was about 1.6%.

"Trump, who backed into the Presidency."

WTF? He was duly elected according to the laws of the land.

"Trump, he did manage (before the pandemic) to rack up a USA first deficit of 1.2 Trillion dollars."

Obama ran up deficits over 1.2 trillion 3 times, from 2009-2011, and came close in 2012 at $1.1 trillion. Trump's deficits on the other hand have not exceeded 1 trillion for his 1st 3 years.

You sir, are full of crap.

And still more revisionist history. The fun just never stops with Trump supporters and the right wing.

Obama Economic Growth. Mic drop.
Obama’s 2009 Recovery Act Kicked Off Over 10 Years Of Economic Growth

Backed into the Presidency. Yes. The look on Trump's face the night of the election said it all. An unpopular opposition candidate that didn't campaign in the swing states till the end, a whole class of voters staying home, and a last minute assist from the FBI director that affected the early voting. But still, less than a 1% victory. 77,000 votes across three states. 46 swing electoral votes. And he loses the popular vote.

Deficits. Pay close attention who was President when. There will be a quiz afterward.
Is the US Budget Deficit Really That Bad?

You sir, are a shameless Trump supporter. I recommend a drug treatment combination of reason and common sense.

Yes, Hillary was a sleazy, unlikeable candidate! Yes, hundreds of thousand's of Bernie Sanders supporter wouldn't vote for her because of the way she and her minions in the DNC screwed over the Bern Meister! Yes the FBI Director informed the public that Hillary Clinton had lied to them all along about her emails after letting the Clinton campaign and the Obama Administration misuse the FISA courts to spy on an opposition campaign! Gee, I wonder what Trump would have won by if Hillary hadn't been allowed to pay big money to smear him with a bogus "Russia collusion" accusation?

Can you imagine the OUTRAGE if Melania Trump bought a large amount of stock and then her husband vetoed a bill that made that stock soar in value? OMG...the uproar would be so loud it would drown out anything else going on anywhere!

They would classify it as insider trading now! That Nancy Pelosi did it back then before they changed the law simply shows what a sleazy bitch she's always been! :)

GWB gave us TARP. That saved most of the major US financial institutions and even better all the money that was loaned out during Bush being in charge of TARP was repaid with interest. Obama on the other hand used TARP funds to reward his supporters...like the UAW...with sweetheart deals and his loan to General Motors cost taxpayers billions!

Sure you want to claim that?

In December 2018, President George W. Bush agreed to use TARP funds to bail out the Big Three auto companies. Auto execs warned that the General Motors Company and Chrysler LLC faced bankruptcy and the loss of 1 million jobs. The $80.7 billion bailout lasted from January 2009 to December 2014. Treasury recouped all but $10.2 billion.

They would classify it as insider trading now! That Nancy Pelosi did it back then before they changed the law simply shows what a sleazy bitch she's always been! :)

No. Market Manipulation. Insider Trading involves buying or selling a stock and profiting from it based on information that is unavailable to the general public.
Trump being President and all..passing a bill that affects the price of the stock...that his wife just bought. Yep, they could interpret that as manipulation.

No. Market Manipulation. Insider Trading involves buying or selling a stock and profiting from it based on information that is unavailable to the general public.
Trump being President and all..passing a bill that affects the price of the stock...that his wife just bought. Yep, they could interpret that as manipulation.
In other countries, this is called corruption. In the US, it's just our version of capitalism.

And Pearl Harbor shows what a conspiracy theory it was. Going into WWII battleships were seen as the premiere fighting ship of the navy. Aircraft carriers were the unproven step children that had never demonstrated their worth. FDR was na ex-navy secretary from the old school, and wouldn't have left the battleship fleet stuck inside Pearl Harbor.
I think what the other poster is referring to is evidence that FDR knew about the attack on Pearl Harbor in advance and let it happen so he could enter the Second World War.

How much of the Pacific fleet was destroyed at Pearl Harbor?

75 percent

More than 2,400 Americans were killed and 1,104 wounded. Twenty-one ships of the Pacific Fleet had been sunk or damaged, and 75 percent of the planes on the airfields surrounding Pearl Harbor were damaged or destroyed.

Don't you see the connection. President Trump was saying everything was fine. So politicians like de Blasio repeated what the President was saying.
They figured if there was something wrong, that only the president was privy to (top secret intelligence reports about china) that the president would have said something.
LOL...seriously, Rich? You're now saying that De Blasio was only guilty of parroting what he heard from the President? This is the same De Blasio that almost NEVER agrees with anything that Trump says or does but in THIS instance you think he was just blindly following Trump's lead? That's some funny shit!

We're talking national security information. Mayors aren't privy to it. Trump was briefed on the danger of the coronavirus over and over again throughout february, but he didn't tell the mayors or the governors.

How did you expect them to oppose the president, since the president was privy to intelligence agency top secret information and they were not.

Don't you see the connection. President Trump was saying everything was fine. So politicians like de Blasio repeated what the President was saying.
They figured if there was something wrong, that only the president was privy to (top secret intelligence reports about china) that the president would have said something.
LOL...seriously, Rich? You're now saying that De Blasio was only guilty of parroting what he heard from the President? This is the same De Blasio that almost NEVER agrees with anything that Trump says or does but in THIS instance you think he was just blindly following Trump's lead? That's some funny shit!

We're talking national security information. Mayors aren't privy to it. Trump was briefed on the danger of the coronavirus over and over again throughout february, but he didn't tell the mayors or the governors.

How did you expect them to oppose the president, since the president was privy to intelligence agency top secret information and they were not.
So desperate lol

Let’s test your honesty! What were the democrats and officials in New York saying and doing. For the month Nancy sat on the impeachment before sending it to the Senate what was she doing? What was Schumer doing? Cuomo? What?
was busy selling off almost $2 million in stocks after he was briefed in mid February.
Gee, Rich...remember Nancy Pelosi and her sweetheart deal with VISA? Or do you only see the Republican scumbags that cash in on insider information?

Trump is the greatest president in the history of America and I’m not being biased

Let me correct that for you. Trump will go down in history as the worst president this country has ever elected.
TDS
Only if you're a progressive...for the rest of America...he'll be remembered fondly for restoring the economy after eight long years of Barack Obama's feckless economic policies!

Restoring? Talk about revisionist history. Obama took an economy that was in the shitter with GWB and pulled it out, starting one of the longest economic expansions in our history..and then handing that off in a walk to Trump, who backed into the Presidency. And while I'm not going to hang the pandemic decline and stimulus debacle on Trump, he did manage (before the pandemic) to rack up a USA first deficit of 1.2 Trillion dollars.

"Obama took an economy that was in the shitter with GWB and pulled it out, starting one of the longest economic expansions in our history"

Talk about revisionist history. Unbelievable, the Obama economic growth for his 8 years was about 1.6%.

"Trump, he did manage (before the pandemic) to rack up a USA first deficit of 1.2 Trillion dollars."

Obama ran up deficits over 1.2 trillion 3 times, from 2009-2011, and came close in 2012 at $1.1 trillion. Trump's deficits on the other hand have not exceeded 1 trillion for his 1st 3 years.

And still more revisionist history. The fun just never stops with Trump supporters and the right wing.

Backed into the Presidency. Yes. The look on Trump's face the night of the election said it all. An unpopular opposition candidate that didn't campaign in the swing states till the end, a whole class of voters staying home, and a last minute assist from the FBI director that affected the early voting. But still, less than a 1% victory. 77,000 votes across three states. 46 swing electoral votes. And he loses the popular vote.

Deficits. Pay close attention who was President when. There will be a quiz afterward.

You sir, are a shameless Trump supporter. I recommend a drug treatment combination of reason and common sense.

Yes, Hillary was a sleazy, unlikeable candidate! Yes, hundreds of thousand's of Bernie Sanders supporter wouldn't vote for her because of the way she and her minions in the DNC screwed over the Bern Meister! Yes the FBI Director informed the public that Hillary Clinton had lied to them all along about her emails after letting the Clinton campaign and the Obama Administration misuse the FISA courts to spy on an opposition campaign! Gee, I wonder what Trump would have won by if Hillary hadn't been allowed to pay big money to smear him with a bogus "Russia collusion" accusation?

If the same amount of time and energy would have been given to the Trump campaigns ties with Russia in the two weeks before the election, he loses by double digits.
Here is the one place (and I mean the only place) that I will agree with righties and say for once, the media's attention was focused in the wrong place.

I had this conversation with my brother and his neighbors the other night. My brother loves Trump (he's a cop) and thinks his reelection is a slam dunk because Biden is an idiot. I told him I'm not going to predict anything for November at this point, since I lost a $1,000 bet to him in 2016 that Hillary would win, but I did say if he does win it won't be the walk in the park like he thinks it is.

Trump could have saved himself a few weeks ago if he went straight to the American people and accepted responsibility. He should have set up a press conference from his desk in the Oval Office and spoke directly to the people. He should have said that in hindsight he admits they should have paid closer attention to this virus earlier and ask that the people please understand at the time they were operating with false information from China and flawed data from the WHO and the CDC. Nonetheless, he is the president and as Harry Truman once said, "the buck stops here." He'll accepts full responsibility for the missteps, but what's important now is that we all come together and find the best solution through this where we can limit the loss of life due to the virus while also mitigating the destruction to our economy and the financial well being of millions more.

The left, of course, would have pounced on that. "See!! He admits it!! His fault! His fault!" But, so what? They are going to do that anyway. The media would have a field day with it too, but again, who cares? They are going to do that anyway. That message would have been for the people in the middle: the moderate Democrats, the centrist Republicans, the suburban "Karens" who are slowly turning to the Democratic Party. Most of those people have the sense to see through the media spin and understand that yes, the world was hoodwinked, but yes, the administration should have been a bit more on top of things. They would have accepted this mea culpa on his part and he would have walked away from that speech smelling like roses. This is very similar to what Reagan did after the Iran Contra Affair and the people forgave him for it and elected his vice-president as the next president shortly thereafter.

Trump didn't do this, however, and he won't because the man is a narcissist. He takes credit for everything that happens, but points the finger at someone else when anything bad happens. He can't admit when he's wrong and he won't accept responsibility for anything. Instead, he continues to be combative. That may have worked for him when we were at DOW 29K, but not when 90% of the country is on shelter at home orders with their Constitutional liberties being grossly eroded right before their eyes with little push back.

At this point, it's probably too late for that now. His only hope is that come November people ultimately decide that staying with him four more years is better medicine than electing a 78 year old Biden who is slowly losing his mental faculties.
Bumbling, mumbling, stumbling Biden has NO CHANCE.
The man is a walking poster child for mental health research

So desperate lol
The same thing happened in 2002 and George W. Bush saying there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. People posted quotes of anybody and everybody saying the same thing that George W. Bush was saying about there being WMD's, and nuclear programs, six months from making a bomb, mobile bioweapons labs, the whole nine yards.

Bush was the only one privy to the information from the intelligence agencies, and they were not

So desperate lol
The same thing happened in 2002 and George W. Bush saying there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. People posted quotes of anybody and everybody saying the same thing that George W. Bush was saying about there being WMD's, and nuclear programs, six months from making a bomb, mobile bioweapons labs, the whole nine yards.

Bush was the only one privy to the information from the intelligence agencies, and they were not
Oh yea? lol wmd now huh haha

TDS

If the same amount of time and energy would have been given to the Trump campaigns ties with Russia in the two weeks before the election, he loses by double digits.
Here is the one place (and I mean the only place) that I will agree with righties and say for once, the media's attention was focused in the wrong place.
Bulls shit. You dumbassed Democrats spent 40 million dollars on the Mueller report which said there is absolutely no evidence of “collusion” with Russia. Stop trying to blow smoke up our asses.

I had this conversation with my brother and his neighbors the other night. My brother loves Trump (he's a cop) and thinks his reelection is a slam dunk because Biden is an idiot. I told him I'm not going to predict anything for November at this point, since I lost a $1,000 bet to him in 2016 that Hillary would win, but I did say if he does win it won't be the walk in the park like he thinks it is.

Trump could have saved himself a few weeks ago if he went straight to the American people and accepted responsibility. He should have set up a press conference from his desk in the Oval Office and spoke directly to the people. He should have said that in hindsight he admits they should have paid closer attention to this virus earlier and ask that the people please understand at the time they were operating with false information from China and flawed data from the WHO and the CDC. Nonetheless, he is the president and as Harry Truman once said, "the buck stops here." He'll accepts full responsibility for the missteps, but what's important now is that we all come together and find the best solution through this where we can limit the loss of life due to the virus while also mitigating the destruction to our economy and the financial well being of millions more.

The left, of course, would have pounced on that. "See!! He admits it!! His fault! His fault!" But, so what? They are going to do that anyway. The media would have a field day with it too, but again, who cares? They are going to do that anyway. That message would have been for the people in the middle: the moderate Democrats, the centrist Republicans, the suburban "Karens" who are slowly turning to the Democratic Party. Most of those people have the sense to see through the media spin and understand that yes, the world was hoodwinked, but yes, the administration should have been a bit more on top of things. They would have accepted this mea culpa on his part and he would have walked away from that speech smelling like roses. This is very similar to what Reagan did after the Iran Contra Affair and the people forgave him for it and elected his vice-president as the next president shortly thereafter.

Trump didn't do this, however, and he won't because the man is a narcissist. He takes credit for everything that happens, but points the finger at someone else when anything bad happens. He can't admit when he's wrong and he won't accept responsibility for anything. Instead, he continues to be combative. That may have worked for him when we were at DOW 29K, but not when 90% of the country is on shelter at home orders with their Constitutional liberties being grossly eroded right before their eyes with little push back.

At this point, it's probably too late for that now. His only hope is that come November people ultimately decide that staying with him four more years is better medicine than electing a 78 year old Biden who is slowly losing his mental faculties.
Bumbling, mumbling, stumbling Biden has NO CHANCE.
The man is a walking poster child for mental health research

Just like the stable genius, eh? :)
I like Biden's chances. Pay attention to the middle box that says "Battle for The White House".

TDS

Bulls hi. You dumbassed Democrats spent 40 million dollars on the Mueller report which said there is absolutely no evidence of “collusion” with Russia. Stop trying to blow smoke up our asses.

All 40 mil recovered (from Manafort's prosecution) by my count. Money well spent. Oh yeah, Mueller didn't consider "collusion" a crime to be investigated right up front, even though there was plenty of evidence of conspiracy (see Trump Tower meeting). Obstruction of Justice??..all over Part 2 of Mueller's report. He just handed the ball to Congress to figure that out. No exoneration. 3rd impeached President in United States history. Deal with it.

This virus is the fault of the Chinese with complicit action by WHO. Trump did nothing wrong other than make some dumb statements early on in part based on Chinese and WHO lies.

The press will kill him no matter what he does.

TDS

Bulls hi. You dumbassed Democrats spent 40 million dollars on the Mueller report which said there is absolutely no evidence of “collusion” with Russia. Stop trying to blow smoke up our asses.

All 40 mil recovered (from Manafort's prosecution) by my count. Money well spent. Oh yeah, Mueller didn't consider "collusion" a crime to be investigated right up front, even though there was plenty of evidence of conspiracy (see Trump Tower meeting). Obstruction of Justice??..all over Part 2 of Mueller's report. He just handed the ball to Congress to figure that out. No exoneration. 3rd impeached President in United States history. Deal with it.

BULLSHIT.

Forum List

Back