Trump orders colleges to back free speech or lose funding

public?

private?

trump said "colleges must back free speech or LOSE government funding"

"colleges" = ALL colleges; private AND public

so ANY COLLEGE that receives MY MONEY MUST allow the FREE SPEECH of everyone!
public vs private. you should really look into who funds which.

show me where he specifies PUBLIC v private, please......

ANY COLLEGE that receives TAX DOLLARS/government funding.....

ANY COLLEGE includes private and religious.
ANY COLLEGE that receives TAX DOLLARS/

Private schools don't receive that money. Private, vs public

State funding goes primarily to public institutions, while federal funding goes to students at public, private and for-profit colleges, and to researchers at public and private universities.
www.insidehighered.com › news › 2015/06/12 › study-us-higher-educat...

Study: U.S. higher education receives more from federal than ...

how many times must I post the truth before you stop lying?

trump?

is that you?
students pay back loans, not the university. the check goes to the student not the university. you're confused who is getting the money. the student pays for their class, not the government. the student then owes that money back in the loan agreement. you should actually go to a university so you learn the difference.

Students are not allowed to spend their federally subsidized loans anywhere, are they?

"The Fire"? :rofl:

Your video doesn't show anyone "forced to flee" -- did you even watch it?

Are you actually saying that whatever crackpot you want has an inherent right to be heard on any college campus you don't even attend, while the students who ARE on that campus ----- do not?

The FIRE defends both sides of the political spectrum, their only goal is free speech.

Again doing the "dismiss the source to avoid arguing the point" maneuver by slick po-gutless.

She was invited by other Students, they have the ability to do so.

You didn't address the questions. Did you.

You don't seem to have even read your own link either, as you just called Charls Murray "she".

Again, this Charles Murray --- "she", if you prefer -- was invited, and showed up.
And?

There was discussions on Coulter in this thread as well. "He" was invited to speak by a Student Group on campus. THEY invited him. Your whole argument is nothing but deflection, just like all your responses.

Get a new game.
pogo is just mad cause someone shoved a pogo stick up his ass when he was a child and it could never be removed. now if you take ANY stance, he'll take the other to simply call you stupid then tigger around like he won something.

Hey, Marty's the one trying to dance around my question sooooooooooooooo................ :eusa_whistle:

According to Middlebury officials, after Murray and the professor who interviewed him for the livestream attempted to leave the location in a car, some protesters surrounded the car, jumped on it, pounded on it and tried to prevent the car from leaving campus.

again, public vs private. huge difference.

public?

private?

As we keep telling you Liberty does not get federal funds

But I thought that conservative Christians cared about freedom of speech?

You know. Because they’re so secure in their beliefs and whatnot.
The federal government has leverage over private colleges that take federal money

Liberty University does not

we were asked if a homosexual presidential candidate would be allowed to speak at Liberty and my answer was probably so

So do Christian conservatives care about free speech or not? Why should anyone have to leverage a college (especially one ironically called Liberty) into allowing freedom of speech?
I said they do. you must have missed that post.

You
public?

private?

Are you under the impression that tax dollars aren’t spent at private universities?
exactly. prove they are and I will apologize.
Some private liberal colleges may

but the example chosen was Liberty and they dont

Does Liberty accept federally backed student loans?
I suppose so

but that obligation is on the student not the university

When its their turn maybe the next democrat president can force students to have gay roommates if they have a college loan

State funding goes primarily to public institutions, while federal funding goes to students at public, private and for-profit colleges, and to researchers at public and private universities.

trump?

is that you?
students pay back loans, not the university. the check goes to the student not the university. you're confused who is getting the money. the student pays for their class, not the government. the student then owes that money back in the loan agreement. you should actually go to a university so you learn the difference.

Students are not allowed to spend their federally subsidized loans anywhere, are they?
as long as they qualified for the loan, I'm sure they can. I can get a loan on any car as long as my credit history allows me to pay it back.

You didn't address the questions. Did you.

You don't seem to have even read your own link either, as you just called Charls Murray "she".

Again, this Charles Murray --- "she", if you prefer -- was invited, and showed up.
And?

There was discussions on Coulter in this thread as well. "He" was invited to speak by a Student Group on campus. THEY invited him. Your whole argument is nothing but deflection, just like all your responses.

Get a new game.
pogo is just mad cause someone shoved a pogo stick up his ass when he was a child and it could never be removed. now if you take ANY stance, he'll take the other to simply call you stupid then tigger around like he won something.

Hey, Marty's the one trying to dance around my question sooooooooooooooo................ :eusa_whistle:
sure he did. that's a fking lie. dude, you're on a message board, know someone will always look at the posts and I did, he stated with this comment: She was invited by other Students, they have the ability to do so.

What is it you read in that answer? a student invites, they are allowed on campus. question answered. you're insincere friend. what a shame. another factless poster. deceitful and a liar.

Since you obviously CAN'T READ, I'll essplain it to your illiterate ass in tiny widdle words.

I asked Marty if he --- not YOU -- HE (because I don't give a fuck what you believe, and you didn't bring it up anyway) believes that (insert speaker name here) has the inherent right to speak, at a college campus he's not even affiliated with, while the students who ARE affiliated with and in attendance at that college, DO NOT have that right.

That's what he can't answer. And you can't either because IT WASN'T YOUR FUCKING POINT IN THE FIRST PLACE you giant black hole of mental midgetry.

Also pointed out that his link claimed Murray was "forced to flee" yet the video therein showed no such fleeing.

That about cover it, Peewee? Get it now or do I have to draw fucking stick figures?

The speakers were INVITED by Students attending the university.

The video doesn't, but the story describes his car being attacked as he was leaving the venue.

Your games are old and tired. get new ones. Poo-Goo

public?

private?

The federal government has leverage over private colleges that take federal money

we were asked if a homosexual presidential candidate would be allowed to speak at Liberty and my answer was probably so

So do Christian conservatives care about free speech or not? Why should anyone have to leverage a college (especially one ironically called Liberty) into allowing freedom of speech?
I think there is a huge difference

if I work for the city they might tell me I cant post trump banners in my workspace

but they cant tell me I have to post a Vote For Bernie sign in my front yard

I never claimed he was. Just pointing out that Christians aren’t always as reserved.

Liberty University is a Christian school, no?
Jerry Falwell, a key Trump ally, falls short of big talk on free speech, critics say

They do quite poorly when it comes to free speech.
The topic was students - liberals and conservatives

You insertion was a demonstration and counter demonstration on public streets

which was a very different thing

Fair enough. I admit it wasn’t completely the same.

although I provided a link about liberty university demonstrating their aversion to free speech. Generally, Christian conservative schools have far stricter rules regarding expression and behavior than secular schools.

public?

private?

Nonsense ^

Evangelical Liberty University received half a billion dollars in federal aid money

The topic was students - liberals and conservatives

You insertion was a demonstration and counter demonstration on public streets

which was a very different thing

although I provided a link about liberty university demonstrating their aversion to free speech. Generally, Christian conservative schools have far stricter rules regarding expression and behavior than secular schools.

public?

private?

Nonsense ^

Evangelical Liberty University received half a billion dollars in federal aid money
That financial aid went to students not the university

Is the Trumpybear offering grants for security for our students, or do they expect the Universities or the States to pick up the tab to ensure that all our children are safe on campus when controversial or extreme Pundants are invited by a Student Group.?

That extra security is needed should tell you there's problem with liberalism in our so called institutes of higher learning.

public?

private?

Nonsense ^

A distinction without a difference ^ That money goes to the corrupt leadership and directly into the school wealth fund.

What makes all these accounts more concerning is that Liberty receives a majority of its revenues—more than $770 million annually—from government sources. In contrast to other schools like Hillsdale College or Grove City College, which don’t accept federal funds, students pay for Liberty with federal aid and federal loans. While the university shouldn’t have to compromise on its mission in order to receive these dollars, it is deeply troubling when taxpayer money goes toward supporting business ventures that have no academic mission.​

Liberty University: A Cautionary Tale From a School Receiving $770 Million Annually From Government Sources

trump?

is that you?

as long as they qualified for the loan, I'm sure they can. I can get a loan on any car as long as my credit history allows me to pay it back.

Nope and nope. The federal government sets standards for what qualifies. They could set standards that say federal student loans can only be spent a schools that support freedom of speech.

Guess Trump gets to decide what speech he will protect

He didn’t protect free speech in the NFL
we don't fund the NFL now do we?

god damn you're just a terminal trollboy.

We DO FUND THE NFL. Cities across the country use PUBLIC MONEY to finance and subsidize their new stadiums all the time.
Hey stupid were talking about FEDERAL money here. Either keep up or shut up.

Since Cities and States take a LOT of FEDERAL money, it is a relevant point. Or aren't you educated enough to know that?

Is the Trumpybear offering grants for security for our students, or do they expect the Universities or the States to pick up the tab to ensure that all our children are safe on campus when controversial or extreme Pundants are invited by a Student Group.?

That extra security is needed should tell you there's problem with liberalism in our so called institutes of higher learning.
The problem is radicalization of leftwing snowflakes

Get a new game.

sure he did. that's a fking lie. dude, you're on a message board, know someone will always look at the posts and I did, he stated with this comment: She was invited by other Students, they have the ability to do so.

What is it you read in that answer? a student invites, they are allowed on campus. question answered. you're insincere friend. what a shame. another factless poster. deceitful and a liar.

Since you obviously CAN'T READ, I'll essplain it to your illiterate ass in tiny widdle words.

I asked Marty if he --- not YOU -- HE (because I don't give a fuck what you believe, and you didn't bring it up anyway) believes that (insert speaker name here) has the inherent right to speak, at a college campus he's not even affiliated with, while the students who ARE affiliated with and in attendance at that college, DO NOT have that right.

That's what he can't answer. And you can't either because IT WASN'T YOUR FUCKING POINT IN THE FIRST PLACE you giant black hole of mental midgetry.

Also pointed out that his link claimed Murray was "forced to flee" yet the video therein showed no such fleeing.

That about cover it, Peewee? Get it now or do I have to draw fucking stick figures?

The video doesn't, but the story describes his car being attacked as he was leaving the venue.

How many times are you going to try to dance around the question without touching it?

What is it, radioactive?

public?

private?

I think there is a huge difference

if I work for the city they might tell me I cant post trump banners in my workspace

but they cant tell me I have to post a Vote For Bernie sign in my front yard

So do conservative Christians care about free speech or not?

How many times are you going to try to dance around the question without touching it?

What is it, radioactive?
dunno about radioactive but if it is YOUR question then i'm sure it's stupid.

public?

private?

Nonsense ^

A distinction without a difference ^ That money goes to the corrupt leadership and directly into the school wealth fund.

What makes all these accounts more concerning is that Liberty receives a majority of its revenues—more than $770 million annually—from government sources. In contrast to other schools like Hillsdale College or Grove City College, which don’t accept federal funds, students pay for Liberty with federal aid and federal loans. While the university shouldn’t have to compromise on its mission in order to receive these dollars, it is deeply troubling when taxpayer money goes toward supporting business ventures that have no academic mission.​

Liberty University: A Cautionary Tale From a School Receiving $770 Million Annually From Government Sources
from your link:

students pay for Liberty with federal aid and federal loans.

Trump orders colleges to back free speech or lose funding

President Donald Trump signed an executive order Thursday requiring U.S. colleges to protect free speech on their campuses or risk losing federal research funding.

The new order directs federal agencies to ensure that any college or university receiving research grants agrees to promote free speech and the exchange of ideas, and to follow federal rules guiding free expression.

“Even as universities have received billions and billions of dollars from taxpayers, many have become increasingly hostile to free speech and to the First Amendment,” Trump said at a White House signing ceremony. “These universities have tried to restrict free thought, impose total conformity and shut down the voices of great young Americans.”
---
see link for the rest of the story.

but good. if they're not going to allow both sides equal time, then no $ for you.

Yank all federal funding anyway and issue the threat again ...make it extra rude to trigger the moronic freaks in academia

trump?

is that you?

Nope and nope. The federal government sets standards for what qualifies. They could set standards that say federal student loans can only be spent a schools that support freedom of speech.
they could, but they didn't.

Forum List

Back