Trump orders colleges to back free speech or lose funding

Guess Trump gets to decide what speech he will protect

He didn’t protect free speech in the NFL

I thought you understood the concept of supporting the right to say something, while not supporting what was said.

Didnt' you support the right of the nazis to march in Charlotessville? Does that make you a nazi?
Again

I doubt if Trumps directive will apply equally at all institutions receiving federal aid.

Will it apply to Christian Universities? How about Military Acadamies?

I suspect it will only apply to liberals

I bet that it will almost never come up at conservatives schools. Because conservatives don't form mobs to use violence to suppress the speech of their enemies.

And that "almost" is just me covering my ass. I suspect it will NEVER come up at a conservative school.

A Texas teacher sued the state after losing her job for refusing to sign a pro-Israel contract

Interesting conflict between state law and personal beliefs.

Meanwhile, at lib schools when conservatives try to speak.

You clueless dumb shit. When the flag is raised and the anthem is played it has NOTHING to do with a bunch of loud mouthed whining assholes and EVERYTHING to do with this nation, all of it, it's history and those who've fought to make and keep this nation free. When some whiney sanctimonious asshole and bitch kneels, he disrespects all of that which has allowed him the freedom to kneel without immediately being taken out and shot. Get a friggin clue, dumbass.

It's assholes like you that make me believe we really do need to bring back the draft. Except this time make it universally apply to anyone if they ever want to have a vote.

If anyone is clueless, you are as clueless as anyone. The African American people understand that they are not and never have been living in a land of the free. They served in our armed forces honorably, and yet couldn't sleep in the same quarters with their white counterparts until Truman integrated our armed forces, they could not attend schools with white students until 1954, and even then were not welcomed, nor could they take the first open seat on a bus if a white person did nor could they order a sandwich at a whites only lunch counter or drink from a whites only water fountain.

Even the Civil Rights bills never established for them the same freedom in terms of equal opportunities as we do, the law cannot enforce acceptance, and people like you will never accept that black men and black women are equal to and never will be.

BTW, I enlisted in our Navy in 1967, and I support what Kap did and why he did it.

are you black? if not, why are you speaking for them? did they ask you to?

edit: BTW, why do you believe you have a right to speak for the blacks? why does anyone? you demean them you racist.

I''m not black, I'm from German, French, Italian and Romania Ancestry. However my parents and 3 out of four my grandparents, and 3 out of 4 my great grandparents were born in California. I will speak out for all human beings who have been and continued to be discriminated against by assholes, racists, misogynists and politicians.

I have every right to speak out, much like you who speak out. The big difference between you and me is I know what I'm speaking about, and you don't have a clue.

You have a right to speak. Kapernicki, since the nfl supported him, had the right to do what he did.

That does not mean that what he did was right.

IN the middle of a ritual, where standing is done to show respect and loyalty to the nation and to your fellow citizens, he choose to do the exact opposite.

THat obviously communicates the opposite of respect and loyalty, ie disrespect and enmity.

He is an anti-American piece of shit, and in a sane world, he would be marginalized by American society.

Read my post which you have responded to, and put yourself into the shoes of those who have been downtrodden. I have no problem coming to grips with how I would feel, if my ancestors, myself and my sons, were treated badly by people in power simply because of their skin color, ethnicity or sexual orientation. Of course I have empathy, something racists, misogynists, and all bigots lack.

I am in the shoes of someone who has been downtrodden, and if Kapernick feels disrespect and enmity to America and Americans, than the celebration of him by the Left is morally wrong.

His excuses and rationalizations for his disloyalty expressed DURING the National Anthem, are not good enough, not even close.

Nope and nope. The federal government sets standards for what qualifies. They could set standards that say federal student loans can only be spent a schools that support freedom of speech.
they could, but they didn't.

Correct. Because Trump doesn’t actually want freedom of speech.
Proof?

AGAIN??

Okay, pay attention this time.
Freedom of speech isn't the ability to lie about people

Doesn’t slow you down any.

If anyone is clueless, you are as clueless as anyone. The African American people understand that they are not and never have been living in a land of the free. They served in our armed forces honorably, and yet couldn't sleep in the same quarters with their white counterparts until Truman integrated our armed forces, they could not attend schools with white students until 1954, and even then were not welcomed, nor could they take the first open seat on a bus if a white person did nor could they order a sandwich at a whites only lunch counter or drink from a whites only water fountain.

Even the Civil Rights bills never established for them the same freedom in terms of equal opportunities as we do, the law cannot enforce acceptance, and people like you will never accept that black men and black women are equal to and never will be.

BTW, I enlisted in our Navy in 1967, and I support what Kap did and why he did it.

edit: BTW, why do you believe you have a right to speak for the blacks? why does anyone? you demean them you racist.

I''m not black, I'm from German, French, Italian and Romania Ancestry. However my parents and 3 out of four my grandparents, and 3 out of 4 my great grandparents were born in California. I will speak out for all human beings who have been and continued to be discriminated against by assholes, racists, misogynists and politicians.

I have every right to speak out, much like you who speak out. The big difference between you and me is I know what I'm speaking about, and you don't have a clue.

You have a right to speak. Kapernicki, since the nfl supported him, had the right to do what he did.

IN the middle of a ritual, where standing is done to show respect and loyalty to the nation and to your fellow citizens, he choose to do the exact opposite.

THat obviously communicates the opposite of respect and loyalty, ie disrespect and enmity.

He is an anti-American piece of shit, and in a sane world, he would be marginalized by American society.

Read my post which you have responded to, and put yourself into the shoes of those who have been downtrodden. I have no problem coming to grips with how I would feel, if my ancestors, myself and my sons, were treated badly by people in power simply because of their skin color, ethnicity or sexual orientation. Of course I have empathy, something racists, misogynists, and all bigots lack.

I am in the shoes of someone who has been downtrodden, and if Kapernick feels disrespect and enmity to America and Americans, than the celebration of him by the Left is morally wrong.

His excuses and rationalizations for his disloyalty expressed DURING the National Anthem, are not good enough, not even close.

As I noted, you lack empathy. It's clear in your post.

So when Pete Buttengeig wants to speak at Liberty University and he is banned because he is gay......

Will Trump support his First Amendment rights?
I suspect that if a student group invites mayor buttfuck he will be allowed to speak

but either way there are no federal funds to take away from Liberty

I can guarantee they would not allow a married gay man to speak at Liberty
I’m not sure sure

they would not hire him as a professor or as their commencement speaker but I dont think he would be banned from the campus

I thought you understood the concept of supporting the right to say something, while not supporting what was said.

Didnt' you support the right of the nazis to march in Charlotessville? Does that make you a nazi?
Again

I doubt if Trumps directive will apply equally at all institutions receiving federal aid.

I bet that it will almost never come up at conservatives schools. Because conservatives don't form mobs to use violence to suppress the speech of their enemies.

And that "almost" is just me covering my ass. I suspect it will NEVER come up at a conservative school.

"

I bet that it will almost never come up at conservatives schools. Because conservatives don't form mobs to use violence to suppress the speech of their enemies."

I see.

so when conservatives say "liberals are traitors and traitors should be shot" they are NOT using violence to suppress free speech?

when rush limbaugh says "leave only some liberals left alive" (as a warning to future generations) he is NOT using violence to suppress free speech?

when ann coulter says " we should shoot a few (liberals to let the rest know it can happen to them" she is NOT using violence to suppress free speech?

when clint eastwood mimics slicing President Obamas throat he is NOT using violence?

when ted nugent waves his guns around...he is NOT using violence?

For starters, stop with the Gish Galloping logical fallacy. That is just you admitting that you cannot make a real argument.

I accept that you know you cannot make a real argument.

To demonstrate. My first challenge to you.

Show me, within the last 5 years, a liberal speaker prevented from speaking at a public event in America by conservative violence or threat of violence.

That money goes to the students

Are liberals going deny an education to conservative students ?
It also includes grant money
Liberty gets no federal or state grant money
They sure do
Do you have a link to that?
See posts above this thread
I looked and there is no proof that Liberty gets federal grant money

Again

A Texas teacher sued the state after losing her job for refusing to sign a pro-Israel contract

Sometimes it takes riots. It took riots to get blacks equal rights. It took riots to get us out of Vietnam. The founders understood that.

It also includes grant money
They sure do

Evangelical Liberty University received half a billion dollars in federal aid money

Evangelical Liberty University received half a billion dollars in federal aid money
One conservative college got more government cash than NPR last year

Alex Pareene
April 5, 2011 7:45PM (UTC)

Liberty University, the evangelical private Christian school founded by dead apartheid-supporting bigot Jerry Falwell, received $445 million in federal financial aid last year. The Corporation for Public Broadcasting, by the way, received $420 million from the federal government.

I've been attacked too many times, by people like you, to empathize with you.

Oddly though, it has been scientifically demonstrated that it is liberals who have the least ability to empathize with people who are different than them. You probably already know that.

I've been attacked too many times, by people like you, to empathize with you.

Oddly though, it has been scientifically demonstrated that it is liberals who have the least ability to empathize with people who are different than them. You probably already know that.

"
Oddly though, it has been scientifically demonstrated that it is liberals who have the least ability to empathize with people who are different than them. You probably already know that."

scientifically demonstrated?

SCIENTIFICALLY DEMONSTRATED?!?!?!?!

Prove it.

post a link.

THAT is BS and YOU ARE LYING!

people who intolerant liberals empathize with;

gays
atheists
muslims
moderate christians
blacks
latinos
chinese
pot smokers

people TOLERANT CONSERVATIVES empathize with;

conservatives
conservative christians
conservative republicans

Again

Sometimes it takes riots. It took riots to get blacks equal rights. It took riots to get us out of Vietnam. The founders understood that.

So, you support the use of street violence, against your political enemies.

THank you for your honesty. So many of your lib buddies here, lie about that.

So, are you going to be honest enough to admit that with people like you, and mobs like Antifa, that Trump's move is completely called for?

Or is that too much even for an honest left like you?

The federal government has leverage over private colleges that take federal money

Liberty University does not

we were asked if a homosexual presidential candidate would be allowed to speak at Liberty and my answer was probably so

So do Christian conservatives care about free speech or not? Why should anyone have to leverage a college (especially one ironically called Liberty) into allowing freedom of speech?
I think there is a huge difference

if I work for the city they might tell me I cant post trump banners in my workspace

but they cant tell me I have to post a Vote For Bernie sign in my front yard

So do conservative Christians care about free speech or not?
We do

at least in the public square

if you come to my home be careful what you say or I might ask you to leave

just as you would me in your home
But this isn’t your home, it’s a university with students paying to attend.

This shows that it isn’t actually about constitutional rights or promoting academic diversity.
State funded universities are in the public square just as we are walking around on the streets

but a private Christian university that receives no federal or state subsidies is just that - private

the same we are in our homes

So when Pete Buttengeig wants to speak at Liberty University and he is banned because he is gay......

Will Trump support his First Amendment rights?
I suspect that if a student group invites mayor buttfuck he will be allowed to speak

but either way there are no federal funds to take away from Liberty

I can guarantee they would not allow a married gay man to speak at Liberty

Didn't they just invite Mayor Pete to speak?
Oh wait :icon_rolleyes:
Did they?

I havent heard

but if the students at Liberty had rioted and burned police cars in protest of his speech I bet we would hear about it

Trump orders colleges to back free speech or lose funding

President Donald Trump signed an executive order Thursday requiring U.S. colleges to protect free speech on their campuses or risk losing federal research funding.

The new order directs federal agencies to ensure that any college or university receiving research grants agrees to promote free speech and the exchange of ideas, and to follow federal rules guiding free expression.

“Even as universities have received billions and billions of dollars from taxpayers, many have become increasingly hostile to free speech and to the First Amendment,” Trump said at a White House signing ceremony. “These universities have tried to restrict free thought, impose total conformity and shut down the voices of great young Americans.”
---
see link for the rest of the story.

but good. if they're not going to allow both sides equal time, then no $ for you.

GREAT!

so now MUSLIMS and ATHEISTS and GAYS and LIBERALS and FEMINISTS and SOCIALISTS and COMMUNISTS will all have the same rights as CONSERVATIVES, CHRISTIANS and FASCISTS!

You are grammatically incorrect.

As everyone who is not a conservative or a Christian (or white, for that matter) has already been enjoying far more rights on campus, it is the whites and conservatives and Christians who will finally have the same rights as the leftist poster children.

I am laughing, by the way, at your infantile use of the word "fascist" to mean "people who believe things I don't like, waaaahhh!!!" almost as much as your attempts to pretend to eternal victimhood.

Again

So, are you going to be honest enough to admit that with people like you, and mobs like Antifa, that Trump's move is completely called for?

do YOU support street violence against your political enemies?

rush limbaugh (having already advocated "beating them with clubs") said "leave only SOME liberals left alive!" (apparently as a warning to future generations)

ann coulter: "we should shoot a few (liberals) to let the rest know it can happen to them"

and when every con on this board says "I HAVE GUNS and soon there is gonna be a CIVIL WAR" can I assume they are threatening violence? street or otherwise?

Again

Sometimes. Is that not what we did in Boston on December 16, 1773?

My lib buddies? Who is it that often times notes

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Again

I’m sure it wont apply to military academies since free speech does not exist in the uniformed services

Sometimes. Is that not what we did in Boston on December 16, 1773?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

"

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

I Know!

I know!

every con in the USA has said THAT!

They sure do

One conservative college got more government cash than NPR last year

Alex Pareene
April 5, 2011 7:45PM (UTC)

Liberty University, the evangelical private Christian school founded by dead apartheid-supporting bigot Jerry Falwell, received $445 million in federal financial aid last year. The Corporation for Public Broadcasting, by the way, received $420 million from the federal government.
Just because a lib editor lies in a headline it does not become a fact

Liberty receive ZERO dollars from the federal government

that money went to students

Forum List

Back