Trump Proposed "Armed Security Guards" in Every School

Your argument seems to be, "If you don't want an armed security guard in every school you want kids to DIE!! You don't care about kids!!"

Really, you want to go there again? Haven't we just been there with not wearing a stupid mask, not getting vaccines?

It's not about "wanting kids to die", or not wanting them protected. It's about cost-benefit analysis, and what WORKS.
Armed guards are "what works". Disarming us will not.

Armed guards are "what works". Disarming us will not.

The discussion does NOT have to be one or the other but once again, this is how people are trained to think.

I don't want to disarm people. I believe people have that right. I also don't want cops in the schools.

The discussion does NOT have to be one or the other but once again, this is how people are trained to think.

I don't want to disarm people. I believe people have that right. I also don't want cops in the schools.
So what is your solution?

So what is your solution?

For the overwhelming vast majority of schools nothing is needed.

I support a teacher carrying if that is what they want to do.

I also support expanding mental health coverage and making the discussion revolve around that.

I also support expanding mental health coverage and making the discussion revolve around that.
How do you know which schools?

How do you know which schools?

An armed guard isn't going to stop the killing in any of them. If you have noted most of these are long planned out.

The argument shouldn't be around the idea of only 3 dead as opposed to 5 but rather none being dead.

Again, these are people for whatever reason have decided on killing. To them an armed school will not stop them.

There are parks, malls, theaters, etc to target.

An armed guard isn't going to stop the killing in any of them. If you have noted most of these are long planned out.

The argument shouldn't be around the idea of only 3 dead as opposed to 5 but rather none being dead.

Again, these are people for whatever reason have decided on killing. To them an armed school will not stop them.

There are parks, malls, theaters, etc to target.
While your argument is logical, the shooter is not.

And mine is addressing the reasons they plan it in the first place.
"Your way" is about the same as believing you could turn Chicago gangs into choir boys. A good sentiment, but the chances of it working are slim and none. And slim left town.

"Your way" is about the same as believing you could turn Chicago gangs into choir boys.

I don't believe I have ever discussed Chicago gangs. If you can point out what I've said, great. Otherwise we will dismiss this.

A good sentiment, but the chances of it working are slim and none. And slim left town.

If something had been done when James Holmes therapist reported he was dangerous and had threatened her, things might be very different.

Security gaps were made to be hunted, right down to the last Ukrainian, and as we have seen in Nashville, the tranny was not stopped by either a theologian pseudoshrink or a professionally trained one.

Security gaps were made to be hunted, right down to the last Ukrainian, and as we have seen in Nashville, the tranny was not stopped by either a theologian pseudoshrink or a professionally trained one.

I'm thinking those such as yourself are who we should expand mental health coverage for.

I don't believe I have ever discussed Chicago gangs. If you can point out what I've said, great. Otherwise we will dismiss this.

If something had been done when James Holmes therapist reported he was dangerous and had threatened her, things might be very different.
The gang reference was simply a comparison as to how big a chance of success I think you plan has. As to Holmes, you are correct. But how many shooters are sane until they start shooting?

The gang reference was simply a comparison as to how big a chance of success I think you plan has. As to Holmes, you are correct. But how many shooters are sane until they start shooting?

No idea but we need to make the subject about what to do with people with mental health issues and the reasons for them.

No idea but we need to make the subject about what to do with people with mental health issues and the reasons for them.
Our grasp of mental health is terrible. No one can tell who is a time bomb and who isn't. Until that changes, I fear we are whistling in the wind.

Forum List

Back