Trump removes Florida from the offshore drilling order

I live in NJ

Why does Florida get preferential treatment over other states?

When they did they start caring about the peoples opinion on this?
Either this is a new thing, or trump only did this for scotts support in the senate and FL voters in the general.

Great news.
One down more states to be safe from drilling.
Well he also reversed every stance he had on immigration yesterday. So if you don’t like any of his policies, wait a few minutes and he’ll change his ( empty) mind.

The tourism excuse is comical.

1. It's a tacit admission that offshore drilling hurts states' economies, or at least that is the claim.

2. California is the state with the largest tourist industry.

3. Trump, i.e., the real Trump, is just one more standard issue establishment partisan hack Republican.

Either this is a new thing, or trump only did this for scotts support in the senate and FL voters in the general.
He’ll need the support, since he abandoned Puerto Rico causing 300,000+ Puerto Ricans to live and vote in Florida.

This was done exactly for that reason. Scott and quite a few other were concerned that this might impact tourism.

This was done exactly for that reason. Scott and quite a few other were concerned that this might impact tourism.
yes, thats what im thinking. Pretty sure the people of cali were against drilling when he okd drilling off their coast...

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Trump knows that if he allows offshore drilling off of Florida he would lose the state in 2020

“My top priority is to ensure that Florida’s natural resources are protected,” Governor Scott said last week.

A hardcore conservative admitting that offshore drilling is an environmental hazard? Interesting.

AC057D7C-764D-49F0-9F67-1DF168C1D39C.jpeg
“My top priority is to ensure that Florida’s natural resources are protected,” Governor Scott said last week.

A hardcore conservative admitting that offshore drilling is an environmental hazard? Interesting.
Good point. Just like conservatives hate gay people until they learn someone in their family is gay.

Accidents are. Thats for sure.

Trump Administration Drops Florida From Offshore Drilling Plan

Drill baby drill, just not in the backyards of Trump's pals.
I hope Lepage can work the same magic for Maine. Only a million or so of us, though, so probably not. NO ONE wants drilling in our coastal waters. A spill would kill not only our fishing industry but our tourist industry, and except for logging, that's pretty much all we got. But we only gave Trump one EC vote, so I'm sure we're screwed.

Forum List

Back