Trump removes Florida from the offshore drilling order

Governor Scott, who has done a very good job here in Florida talked the President into taking us off the list. I’m not sure how I feel about that. I agree that the sight of the rigs kind of spoils the view from the beaches, but we need energy independence and jobs. In the end Florida will likely not be effected either way.

Ask the people on the Florida west coast who got hit by the BP rig spill years ago.

Trump just revoked the drilling restrictions implemented after Deep Water Horizon

Governor Scott, who has done a very good job here in Florida talked the President into taking us off the list. I’m not sure how I feel about that. I agree that the sight of the rigs kind of spoils the view from the beaches, but we need energy independence and jobs. In the end Florida will likely not be effected either way.

Ask the people on the Florida west coast who got hit by the BP rig spill years ago.

Trump just revoked the drilling restrictions implemented after Deep Water Horizon
Stock in Dawn will go sky high!

Go to a map and look where Mar-A-Lago is.

Trump threw a tantrum and sued everyone in sight when they built windmills offshore of his golf course in Scotland

I doubt if he will allow oil drilling off of Mara Lago
Why doesn't the Trump administration TALK about this stuff PRIOR to making these enormous policy declarations? It would have taken all of five minutes for them to realize what some of the repercussions (like Florida) would be. All this jumping forward with some great idea and then taking it half back or having it stalled by the courts makes them look like they're unprepared.

Agree

That is the way Trump is
Make a decision, hear criticism, revoke the decision, hear more criticism, go back to the original decision

I live in NJ

Why does Florida get preferential treatment over other states?
How close is the Trump Golf Club from the coast in NJ?

I'd guess 20-30 miles
seems about right, it's in Bedminster:
Bedminster_twp_nj_035.png

Thank God for President Trump.

Are you the only Trumptard defending Trump on this?

He is out zealoting the other fucking zealots. That is fucking hilarious.

Rachel Maddow was talking about the above story in relation to Trump's efforts not just to expand drilling but also to roll back safety regulations in the industry.
Fortunately, even if Trump does roll back those safety regulations (which for the most part would be stupid), the industry itself will not lax after deep-water horizon. They will be exposed to way too much liability, and they have a responsibility to their insurers (likely Lloyd's of London Syndicates) to maintain safety practices as a condition of their coverage. And, you can bet the Lloyd's Syndicates are monitoring the fuck out of all of those rigs on the regular.

I don’t know. Not that I care.

lol, Governor Brown in CA needs to ask for the exact same exemption, for the exact same reasons, and see what answer he gets.

To put a finer point on it:

tr2EcQus_bigger.jpg
Gavin Newsom‏Verified account @GavinNewsom 11h11 hours ago

Gavin Newsom Retweeted Secretary Ryan Zinke

FL had 113 million visitors in 2016. CA experienced 269 million statewide visitor trips. FL's tourists spent $109B. CA's spent $126.3B. Using this logic, CA's coasts should be declared free of offshore drilling as well. Or do blue states not get exemptions, @SecretaryZinke?

lol, Governor Brown in CA needs to ask for the exact same exemption, for the exact same reasons, and see what answer he gets.

tr2EcQus_bigger.jpg

FL had 113 million visitors in 2016. CA experienced 269 million statewide visitor trips. FL's tourists spent $109B. CA's spent $126.3B. Using this logic, CA's coasts should be declared free of offshore drilling as well. Or do blue states not get exemptions, @SecretaryZinke?
It's a big, fat fuck you to California, no question.

The answer is simple. States should have veto power over whether offshore drilling takes place off of their coasts. We do not need the oil right now so I don't see any reason for it. States' rights.

tr2EcQus_bigger.jpg

yeah they'll get an exemption....hahahahahahaha

they became a sanctuary state, you think trump will forget that, nope.....

but hey thats more jobs, commiefornia doesnt want those, they want more welfare recipients

Rachel Maddow was talking about the above story in relation to Trump's efforts not just to expand drilling but also to roll back safety regulations in the industry.
Fortunately, even if Trump does roll back those safety regulations (which for the most part would be stupid), the industry itself will not lax after deep-water horizon. They will be exposed to way too much liability, and they have a responsibility to their insurers (likely Lloyd's of London Syndicates) to maintain safety practices as a condition of their coverage. And, you can bet the Lloyd's Syndicates are monitoring the fuck out of all of those rigs on the regular.

I agree. For the most part, insurance companies and lawyers force more restraint than Government regulations

But rolling back regulations and decreasing inspections gives them more wiggle room to push the envelope.

It still comes down to risk/reward

If you are willing to take the risk and pay the damages for extensive profit

I suspect this whole effort by the Trump admin is going to fall apart now.

Forum List

Back