Trump removes Florida from the offshore drilling order

Governor Scott, who has done a very good job here in Florida talked the President into taking us off the list. I’m not sure how I feel about that. I agree that the sight of the rigs kind of spoils the view from the beaches, but we need energy independence and jobs. In the end Florida will likely not be effected either way.

Ask the people on the Florida west coast who got hit by the BP rig spill years ago.

The tourism excuse is comical.

1. It's a tacit admission that offshore drilling hurts states' economies, or at least that is the claim.

2. California is the state with the largest tourist industry.

3. Trump, i.e., the real Trump, is just one more standard issue establishment partisan hack Republican.
Why is it comical? It's not the drilling--it's the inevitable spills. Not everyone who comes to California does so to spend time right on the shore. In Maine, they do. AND WE DON'T NEED THE OIL FROM THERE!

One thing I do NOT understand is this insistence that we need energy independence -- and yet we turn around and SELL our oil to foreign countries.
Explain, please.

Great question. We have a glut as it is and oil is stuck at $60 a barrel. Just not enough profit to motivate oil companies to drill offshore at present.
Not to worry - States are going to file a class action and Trump an Stinky Zinke are going to lose.
The Florida exemption is transparent as hell an will be a big part of that loss.
Oil was much lower when Trump was inaugurated.

February 2015:
Every day that oil remains below $60 a barrel is a day Vladimir Putin eats his own guts.

A few days before Trump's inauguration:
PUTIN: Donald, I need you to help me get my economy out of the shitter so I can resume my imperialist aims.

TRUMP: Anything, boss. Name it.

PUTIN: I need oil above $60 a barrel. Preferably over $100.

:D

Putin's economy goes in the dumper when oil is below $60. Assigning the Exxon CEO as Secretary of State has been working well for Putin and for Exxon.

We need to drill, baby, drill! Get that price down!

lol, Governor Brown in CA needs to ask for the exact same exemption, for the exact same reasons, and see what answer he gets.

Governor Scott, who has done a very good job here in Florida talked the President into taking us off the list. I’m not sure how I feel about that. I agree that the sight of the rigs kind of spoils the view from the beaches, but we need energy independence and jobs. In the end Florida will likely not be effected either way.

Ask the people on the Florida west coast who got hit by the BP rig spill years ago.

I don’t have to, I already know the answer.

If sight pollution is the real issue, once again, technology solves that problem. Those areas can be drilled inland or from farther offshore.

Also note, that drilling is not likely to be the cause of a spill. Producing is. See above. It can be done away from the beaches.

Oil is fairly cheap, it's doubtful you can make money deep water drilling right now.

Anyone recall what BP was doing when their rig blew up?

...they were trying to cap that well, to pump it later when prices were higher.

If sight pollution is the real issue, once again, technology solves that problem. Those areas can be drilled inland or from farther offshore.

Also note, that drilling is not likely to be the cause of a spill. Producing is. See above. It can be done away from the beaches.

Thanks for that. I’m not worried at all about spills.

oil rigs would help Florida's fishing industry tremendously, and the industry is UUUUUGGGGGEEEE there.

rig hopping is a way of life for charter boat captn's in Tex, La, Miss, and Bama ... aside from sunken wrecks, rigs are the best fish attractants in the gulf

Pensacola's beaches got hammered by the BP spill. How far away were they?

In a way, it is. Why would a company sell a gallon of oil here if they can get more for it elsewhere? They wont.

......AND, when we look at the "need' for the Keystone pipeline ending in a port city to be exported, we should READILY admit that our country is just a cheap whore to the oil industry.

oil rigs would help Florida's fishing industry tremendously, and the industry is UUUUUGGGGGEEEE there.

rig hopping is a way of life for charter boat captn's in Tex, La, Miss, and Bama ... aside from sunken wrecks, rigs are the best fish attractants in the gulf

Then they should just build cheap replicas of oil rigs, and sink them.

Go to a map and look where Mar-A-Lago is.

Trump threw a tantrum and sued everyone in sight when they built windmills offshore of his golf course in Scotland

I doubt if he will allow oil drilling off of Mara Lago

Trump threw a tantrum and sued everyone in sight when they built windmills offshore of his golf course in Scotland

Why doesn't the Trump administration TALK about this stuff PRIOR to making these enormous policy declarations? It would have taken all of five minutes for them to realize what some of the repercussions (like Florida) would be. All this jumping forward with some great idea and then taking it half back or having it stalled by the courts makes them look like they're unprepared.

Why doesn't the Trump administration TALK about this stuff PRIOR to making these enormous policy declarations? It would have taken all of five minutes for them to realize what some of the repercussions (like Florida) would be. All this jumping forward with some great idea and then taking it half back or having it stalled by the courts makes them look like they're unprepared.
No, it makes them look like the blatant hypocrites they are.

This once again exposes the hoax which Trump perpetrated on his Tard Herd.

Forum List

Back