Trump Tariffs to add $5800 cost to new cars

We are essentially at full employment...no one is going to lose their job over tariffs....and anyone losing a job will be able to find another...jobs openings are everywhere right now...

You better pay attention jobs have already been lost because of the tariff's. Google it.
why don't you just post one and show us yourself. You know there hasn't actually been a tariff made active yet right? google it.
Dude.... just walk away while you have the chance :laugh:
post one then. tick tock
Just one? K let's start. Steel.

Trump's steel, aluminum tariffs take effect June 1

5b34fbf1d4f05f1b008b4677-480-352.jpg
So you think that’s causing issues with end product already? Haha

Last remaining nail producers in the US will become instinct.

Trump's new steel tariff could put a Missouri American nail producer out of business and cost 200 jobs

President Donald Trump’s controversial steel tariffs are already taking a major toll on one of the last remaining nail producers in the United States. Mid Continent Nail Corporation, a nail manufacturer located in southeast Missouri, lost 50 percent of its business in the two weeks since Trump signed a new tariff on steel imports, according to a MissouriNet report published on Friday.

The nail company said the updated impositions on steel goods resulted in the producer having to lay off 60 temporary workers. At the beginning of June, Mid Continent had roughly 500 people on staff, but the company may be forced to axe 200 more jobs by the end of July. There is a possibility the nail producer, which is one of the largest employers in Missouri's Butler County, may be completely out of business by Labor Day due to the tariff.

Under the new tariff, a 25 percent tax may be applied on imported steel while imported aluminum is taxed 10 percent
Yet the tarrifs didn’t happen until June 1. So how could there be an impact in May?

BS the cost will not go up that much...new car sales are at the breaking point now....tariffs or not the auto makers still want to sell cars....market forces and competition will control costs....stop with the scare tactics on tariffs....we are only leveling out the field...we are only doing to others what others have done and are doing to us regarding import exports.....knock it off!

You are in full denial. Harley Davidson first casualty will increase average of $2,200. See link.
These are not scare tactics. It’s the reality. And it will hit your wallet. I guarantee you 100%.

Harley-Davidson warns European tariffs will cause a 'tremendous cost increase' (HOG) | Markets Insider
I thought the tariff was paid by the seller not the buyer. So how does this affect the buyer?

It's like we're giving these commie nitwits an online GED.....when was the last time the government schools taught an economics class that didn't extol the virtues of Marxism?

Wages won’t be going up for the ones laid off because of these taxes
We are essentially at full employment...no one is going to lose their job over tariffs....and anyone losing a job will be able to find another...jobs openings are everywhere right now...

You better pay attention jobs have already been lost because of the tariff's. Google it.
why don't you just post one and show us yourself. You know there hasn't actually been a tariff made active yet right? google it.

I guess I did imply that but I didn't say tariffs were in effect just the talk about them has lost some jobs now google that.

You can call it Suzie if it makes you happy. But whatever you CALL IT, it is fundamentally an increase of costs and volatility at time of full employment
Only in your hate Trump and America last mind....Trump is defending American citizens from dishonest nations that have taken advantage of us for far too long...so deal with it....

Rediculous.

Bad idea is a bad idea, nothing to do with the feely touchy nonsense you are pushing.
I bet you like China stealing from our corporations? under cutting us?

If trump wants to address IP issues I’m with him, but that’s not at all what he is doing (see ZTE debacle)

Wages won’t be going up for the ones laid off because of these taxes

I guess I did imply that but I didn't say tariffs were in effect just the talk about them has lost some jobs now google that.
You know it’s a negotiation tool to get other countries to stop. Why would they need to release workers except to blame something for layoffs. LOL thank you BTW

QUESTION--------> Of the autos built here, how much do YOU think the tariffs will affect the price ?
No dummy, that's not the question. That is just ONE good. The question is how it will affect the price of everything, and the economy in general.

BS the cost will not go up that much...new car sales are at the breaking point now....tariffs or not the auto makers still want to sell cars....market forces and competition will control costs....stop with the scare tactics on tariffs....we are only leveling out the field...we are only doing to others what others have done and are doing to us regarding import exports.....knock it off!

What have the other done exactly? I don't mean "they put tariffs in place against the US", I want actual evidence of this.

So far it's just wishy washy words.

What have the other done exactly? I don't mean "they put tariffs in place against the US", I want actual evidence of this.

So far it's just wishy washy words.

You want actual evidence, you want proof....in a thread that started with a link on prices "could" go up.....WTF?

You are in full denial. Harley Davidson first casualty will increase average of $2,200. See link.
These are not scare tactics. It’s the reality. And it will hit your wallet. I guarantee you 100%.

Harley-Davidson warns European tariffs will cause a 'tremendous cost increase' (HOG) | Markets Insider
I thought the tariff was paid by the seller not the buyer. So how does this affect the buyer?

Are you really this dumb? Maybe you need to grow up Jc. These are adults talking.

Perhaps "automakers" will come up with some real solutions and change the miserable present state of cars and production. Still, intelligent concepts would require intelligent buyers, and Americans' tastes in personal transportation don't reflect that capacity.

Perhaps "automakers" will come up with some real solutions and change the miserable present state of cars and production. Still, intelligent concepts would require intelligent buyers, and Americans' tastes in personal transportation don't reflect that capacity.
like buy American steel?

BS the cost will not go up that much.
The cost of making them absolutely ywill increase. If you are suggesting they will not pass this on to the consumer, then they will produce less and lay off workers.

It's one or the other. Or, both.

No doubt, the price of cars goes up every year, and increased cost is passed on to the consumer. You can thank unions and California for most of those cost hikes.

Are you sure that you don't want to deal out blame to transsexuals, welfare queens, and blacks looking for "free shit"!

BS the cost will not go up that much.
The cost of making them absolutely ywill increase. If you are suggesting they will not pass this on to the consumer, then they will produce less and lay off workers.

It's one or the other. Or, both.

No doubt, the price of cars goes up every year, and increased cost is passed on to the consumer. You can thank unions and California for most of those cost hikes.

Are you sure that you don't want to deal out blame to transsexuals, welfare queens, and blacks looking for "free shit"!
yep

An increase because of auto workers wages going up some is perfectly acceptable to most working americans. It's about time wages for workers to up. Long long overdue.
US auto workers will be fucked because their cars' costs are going up with trump's tariffs on steel and alum, fool.
Read the Det Free Press link for fucks sake

Maybe they should buy American steel.

Forum List

Back