Trump Tariffs to add $5800 cost to new cars

BS the cost will not go up that much.
The cost of making them absolutely ywill increase. If you are suggesting they will not pass this on to the consumer, then they will produce less and lay off workers.

It's one or the other. Or, both.

No doubt, the price of cars goes up every year, and increased cost is passed on to the consumer. You can thank unions and California for most of those cost hikes.

Are you sure that you don't want to deal out blame to transsexuals, welfare queens, and blacks looking for "free shit"!
/——-/ No, because Trannies, welfare Queens and Blacks don’t influence the cost of cars. Unions and Gubmint Regs do.

I guess we can agree on something. Yes, government does impact the price of cars, and nothing impacts the price of cars more than government tariffs. Also I can remember when the GOP was capitalist. Suddenly, they are big believers in an artificially manipulated economy. That worked so well for the Soviet Union. I am looking for Trump to come out with his five year plan any day now.
A lot of things impact the cost of cars....like China stealing our auto technology...that adds a huge cost to not only cars but everything else as well....enough to make $5800 a drop in the bucket and worth every penny to get China to behave.....

An increase because of auto workers wages going up some is perfectly acceptable to most working americans. It's about time wages for workers to up. Long long overdue.
US auto workers will be fucked because their cars' costs are going up with trump's tariffs on steel and alum, fool.
Read the Det Free Press link for fucks sake

Maybe they should buy American steel.

Trump never did. If foreign steel is good enough for Trump, it's good enough for me.
Trump used what the politicians let him use. He went by the laws. Ask Biden, he will tell you. After WW 2 our auto and steel unions reamed the industries. Our government even got involved because that is how powerful they were to the economy. The steel industry died first. As the world retooled by the late 1950's the throw down was over and the downturn moved in. The basic steel produced reduced more and more until most of it was made overseas. The steel industry however did continue to make specialty steel. The auto industry decline was masked by limited quotas allowed into our nation and the retooling and the start up of new car companies in Japan and South Korea especially decimated the American car industry when the oil crisis hit us twice in the 1970's. Our companies could not make a good reliable small car. And the small cars could not bring profits that the auto workers wages, benefits and pensions overwhelmed. Add the catalytic converters for emissions and computers to cars and the slow death knell came to the American industry.

The cost of making them absolutely ywill increase. If you are suggesting they will not pass this on to the consumer, then they will produce less and lay off workers.

No doubt, the price of cars goes up every year, and increased cost is passed on to the consumer. You can thank unions and California for most of those cost hikes.

Are you sure that you don't want to deal out blame to transsexuals, welfare queens, and blacks looking for "free shit"!
/——-/ No, because Trannies, welfare Queens and Blacks don’t influence the cost of cars. Unions and Gubmint Regs do.

I guess we can agree on something. Yes, government does impact the price of cars, and nothing impacts the price of cars more than government tariffs. Also I can remember when the GOP was capitalist. Suddenly, they are big believers in an artificially manipulated economy. That worked so well for the Soviet Union. I am looking for Trump to come out with his five year plan any day now.
/——/ Chinese tariffs impact US cars sold to them which means we sell fewer cars overseas. Meanwhile we have low tariff on foreign cars sold here, putting our manufacturers at a disadvantage.

You lost your job putting on lug nuts on Chevy's to some guy in Peking? I would suggest you retrain to manufacture computer chips.

A lot of things impact the cost of cars....like China stealing our auto technology...that adds a huge cost to not only cars but everything else as well....enough to make $5800 a drop in the bucket and worth every penny to get China to behave.....

So the American consumer, especially those on fixed incomes, are going to pay the price for some Chinese manufacturer who stole the "mist" setting on windshield wipers from GM. Brilliant!

An increase because of auto workers wages going up some is perfectly acceptable to most working americans. It's about time wages for workers to up. Long long overdue.
US auto workers will be fucked because their cars' costs are going up with trump's tariffs on steel and alum, fool.

Trump never did. If foreign steel is good enough for Trump, it's good enough for me.
Trump used what the politicians let him use. He went by the laws. Ask Biden, he will tell you. After WW 2 our auto and steel unions reamed the industries. Our government even got involved because that is how powerful they were to the economy. The steel industry died first. As the world retooled by the late 1950's the throw down was over and the downturn moved in. The basic steel produced reduced more and more until most of it was made overseas. The steel industry however did continue to make specialty steel. The auto industry decline was masked by limited quotas allowed into our nation and the retooling and the start up of new car companies in Japan and South Korea especially decimated the American car industry when the oil crisis hit us twice in the 1970's. Our companies could not make a good reliable small car. And the small cars could not bring profits that the auto workers wages, benefits and pensions overwhelmed. Add the catalytic converters for emissions and computers to cars and the slow death knell came to the American industry.

The world would be so much better if we could just put lead back into our gasoline like we did in the god old days....

/——/ Chinese tariffs impact US cars sold to them which means we sell fewer cars overseas. Meanwhile we have low tariff on foreign cars sold here, putting our manufacturers at a disadvantage.

You lost your job putting on lug nuts on Chevy's to some guy in Peking? I would suggest you retrain to manufacture computer chips.

Great, so he should move to places like Malaysia, Indonesia, and Taiwan? Dumbass.

/——/ Sir, I was not one of those riff raft, lug nut installers. I was on the elite gas cap technician team. Each cap was clicked three times and the springie wire had to be attached just so. I doubt if some Peking guy could handle the stress.

Guess what?

This is costing us no matter what we do.

I do HVAC work and most of the valves I buy for applications in large buildings are made overseas (China) and suppliers have slapped a 5% fee on them to cover the tariffs.

That gets passed down to you folks whether you realize it or not

Using slave labor is always cheaper.

Why not just bring back slavery to the US instead of outsourcing it to China?

Nobody did because there were no tariffs in place to protect American steel.

Great, so he should move to places like Malaysia, Indonesia, and Taiwan? Dumbass.

No, I consider it my patriotic duty to stay here and see that the orange clown, with his intolerable tax increases on the poor, be impeached.

Nobody did because there were no tariffs in place to protect American steel.

...and I just bought a new washer and dryer at pre tariff prices, because it was imported prior to Trump's taxes. They now sell for a combined total of $400 more from Home depot, because of Trump's tariff war, and there is still no new steel jobs in America. But, look, guys, if I had known that the Tea Party was over and that the GOP is all about taxing the hell out of Americans, I would have bought everything that I need from overseas last year, instead of this year.

No, I consider it my patriotic duty to stay here and see that the orange clown, with his intolerable tax increases on the poor, be impeached.

WTF, is English your second language, or you just prefer reading every third word?

So the American consumer, especially those on fixed incomes, are going to pay the price for some Chinese manufacturer who stole the "mist" setting on windshield wipers from GM. Brilliant!

Short term pain for well over due long term gain....yes some of us will have to dig a little deeper for things we want...but if we hold firm and don't buckle like you are doing....we will finally have China in line with the rest of the WTO with their trade practices...
what?...you can't sacrifice a little for your country?...and for Americans yet to be?...whats wrong with you?.....do you want China to continue to screw us over?....

^^^ lib faux rage. Libs jack up taxes by the billions and nary a word is uttered.

Short term pain for well over due long term gain....yes some of us will have to dig a little deeper for things we want...but if we hold firm and don't buckle like you are doing....we will finally have China in line with the rest of the WTO with their trade practices...
what?...you can't sacrifice a little for your country?...and for Americans yet to be?...whats wrong with you?.....do you want China to continue to screw us over?....

China has never "screwed me over". Tell me exactly what China has done to you. China is another crisis that Trump created, for which he will eventually take credit for solving, without having accomplished anything positive.

China has never "screwed me over". Tell me exactly what China has done to you. China is another crisis that Trump created, for which he will eventually take credit for solving, without having accomplished anything positive.
/——-/ Oh, as long as you didn’t get ripped off it’s OK.

BS the cost will not go up that much.

Investors wanting higher returns.

Forum List

Back