Trump to sue Facebook, Twitter, Google over alleged censorship

They did not infringe on anyone's right to free speech. Only the government can do that
Once again you are conflating free speech with the First Amendment.

Businesses can and do infringe on freedom of speech with censorship and banning.

First Amendment applies to the Federal government. But it is possible for non-government entities to violate people’s civil liberties, and be held accountable. There are anti-discrimination laws that corporations must follow. If they discriminate against white people for example, they can be held accountable.
Yup, you are getting warm. If they discriminate against all white people, they can be held accountable.

I am sure you know some white men on FB, amIright? So, evidently, FB is not discriminating against all white people. Try again.

All three and their other side social sites need to be exterminated, period!
Starting with the CEOs and entire executive levels!!!

95781a484c679d753e29399e63eae6c5ec82e4ac_00.gif

Don’t like it – then don’t participate, close your FB account tell the baker to take a hike,
That is the exact point you hypocrites have been protesting for the last four years when it was one of yours trying to force, a baker, a florist, a pizza shop owner, Hobby Lobby, Chick Fil A and others to serve your degenerate ilk against the owner's conscience. Now the same argument comes back to haunt you and you're whining.
I've been a consistent defender of the baker's, and the social media companies', rights. You're the fucking hypocrite.
I told you before, Troll, take your circular argument shit down the road. Your tactics are more transparent than Josef Stolen's last speech.
Do you even know what a circular argument is? You've got nothing. You're a fraud. A hypocritical partisan douchebag, with no real convictions. Shall I go on?
Fuck yourself troll. You and Clay enjoy your circle jerk.
lol. i see this is going really well for you twat.

They cannot discriminate based on who you are. Social media has not discriminated against people based on what they are.
They banned Trump based on who he was and for his political stance.
"They banned trump based on who he was and for his political stance. his lies and stirring up insurrection.

It's gotta be tough for a republican politician to sue any news source not to mention the powerful left wing intrenched blog sources. When you factor in the democrats running the show and the other media sources protecting their own not to mention a politically orientated federal law enforcement, the former president has his hands full.

The fact is that Trump is nothing but a fascist pig. So are his followers. He will get his head handed to him thankfully.

Have to love that Fox News inserts the word "alleged" in their title. Hah. He is banned from some sites, how else is one defining censorship?

Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday is announcing that he will lead a lawsuit over alleged censorship against Twitter, Facebook and Google -- three tech companies that removed him from their platforms after the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol by a mob of his supporters.

The lawsuit will be a class-action, with Trump as the lead plaintiff, claiming that he's been censored by the companies, the Associated Press reported. He will speak about the legal action from his golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey.

Twitter, YouTube and Facebook each barred Trump over his false claims that the presidential election was stolen, alleging that he contributed to the violence at the Capitol on Jan. 6. YouTube is owned by Google.
Those social media sites are privately owned and unless the government forced them to censor Trump, then there is no censorship. Only the government can censor.

Apparently the lawsuit is alleging that these social media companies are state actors by virtue of working with the government (specifically with the CDC which was under the purview of Trump) on messaging for COVID.
I am shocked to see that a lefty from this board actually looked into what the lawsuit is actually about, instead of just promoting censorship and expressing hate for Trump. You went a step deeper than the rest of the commies here.

“Today, in conjunction with the America First Policy Institute, I’m filing as the lead class representative, a major class-action lawsuit against the Big Tech giants Facebook, Google, and Twitter, as well as their CEOs,” Trump said.

“There is no better evidence that Big Tech is out of control than the fact that they banned the sitting president of the United States earlier this year,” Trump said, adding, “If they can do it to me, they can do it to anyone, and, in fact, that is exactly what they’re doing.”

Don’t like it – then don’t participate, close your FB account tell the baker to take a hike,
That is the exact point you hypocrites have been protesting for the last four years when it was one of yours trying to force, a baker, a florist, a pizza shop owner, Hobby Lobby, Chick Fil A and others to serve your degenerate ilk against the owner's conscience. Now the same argument comes back to haunt you and you're whining.
I've been a consistent defender of the baker's, and the social media companies', rights. You're the fucking hypocrite.
I told you before, Troll, take your circular argument shit down the road. Your tactics are more transparent than Josef Stolen's last speech.
Do you even know what a circular argument is? You've got nothing. You're a fraud. A hypocritical partisan douchebag, with no real convictions. Shall I go on?
Fuck yourself troll. You and Clay enjoy your circle jerk.
lol. i see this is going really well for you twat.
Just like their FAILED insurrection.....it went "really well for them". :heehee:

And?

FB and Twitter have every right to do so – for whatever reason.

Don’t like it – then don’t participate, close your FB account and go somewhere else.

You’re at liberty to denounce FB on other social media, call for a boycott of FB, or start your own social media platform.
What you’re not at liberty to do is violate FB’s right to freedom of association and freedom of the press with unwarranted, un-Constitutional regulation of social media.
Couldn't agree more, C.

FB and Twitter Bakers have every right to do so – for whatever reason.

Don’t like it – then don’t participate, close your FB account tell the baker to take a hike, and go somewhere else.

You’re at liberty to denounce FB on other social media the baker, call for a boycott of FB, or start your own social media platform bakery.

What you’re not at liberty to do is violate FB’s the baker's right to freedom of association and freedom of the press speech with unwarranted, un-Constitutional regulation of social media bakers.

Apples and oranges. A baker cannot discriminate. A baker has a right to ban someone if they violate the terms of service so to speak. They have the same rights as social media companies. However social media companies have a special responsibility as their platform can be used to spread misinformation.

And?

FB and Twitter have every right to do so – for whatever reason.

Don’t like it – then don’t participate, close your FB account and go somewhere else.

You’re at liberty to denounce FB on other social media, call for a boycott of FB, or start your own social media platform.

What you’re not at liberty to do is violate FB’s right to freedom of association and freedom of the press with unwarranted, un-Constitutional regulation of social media.
According to the left, FB does not have the right to discriminate, the same as a privately owned florist shop.

They do not have the right to refuse to serve someone just because of who they are. They can discriminate against people who use their platforms to disseminate false information and incite people.

Apparently the lawsuit is alleging that these social media companies are state actors by virtue of working with the government (specifically with the CDC which was under the purview of Trump) on messaging for COVID.
I am shocked to see that a lefty from this board actually looked into what the lawsuit is actually about, instead of just promoting censorship and expressing hate for Trump. You went a step deeper than the rest of the commies here.

“Today, in conjunction with the America First Policy Institute, I’m filing as the lead class representative, a major class-action lawsuit against the Big Tech giants Facebook, Google, and Twitter, as well as their CEOs,” Trump said.

“There is no better evidence that Big Tech is out of control than the fact that they banned the sitting president of the United States earlier this year,” Trump said, adding, “If they can do it to me, they can do it to anyone, and, in fact, that is exactly what they’re doing.”
A totally laughable and failed strategy. Forums do not become government agents just because they donate a public service in publishing or broadcasting PSAs.

Last edited:
They did not infringe on anyone's right to free speech. Only the government can do that

Businesses can and do infringe on freedom of speech with censorship and banning.

First Amendment applies to the Federal government. But it is possible for non-government entities to violate people’s civil liberties, and be held accountable. There are anti-discrimination laws that corporations must follow. If they discriminate against white people for example, they can be held accountable.
"Once again you are con-flating free speech with the First Amendment" :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

From the source...

"Even conservative experts voiced skepticism about Trump's legal case.

"These social media platforms are private property, not the government town square, and are well within their First Amendment rights to refuse to carry speech of third parties. This principle holds even with the former president of the United States and is the constitutional right of every citizen," said Jessica Melugin at the Competitive Enterprise Institute. "This lawsuit is a publicity stunt intended for political gain, not a serious legal argument.""

He'll fleece his idiot followers for all they've got.

Yup, you are getting warm. If they discriminate against all white people, they can be held accountable.

I am sure you know some white men on FB, amIright? So, evidently, FB is not discriminating against all white people. Try again.
Oooooh! I guess that means we can discriminate against some black people if we want, as long as we don’t discriminate against ALL of them! Brilliant!

Have to love that Fox News inserts the word "alleged" in their title. Hah. He is banned from some sites, how else is one defining censorship?

Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday is announcing that he will lead a lawsuit over alleged censorship against Twitter, Facebook and Google -- three tech companies that removed him from their platforms after the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol by a mob of his supporters.

The lawsuit will be a class-action, with Trump as the lead plaintiff, claiming that he's been censored by the companies, the Associated Press reported. He will speak about the legal action from his golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey.

Twitter, YouTube and Facebook each barred Trump over his false claims that the presidential election was stolen, alleging that he contributed to the violence at the Capitol on Jan. 6. YouTube is owned by Google.
Dumb Donald has never read nor does he comprehend COTUS.

The First Amendment does not prevent the private sector from censoring anyone; only, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances
."
It isn't quite the way you think it is. The government made offers of immunity to these companies if they comply with requests and restrictions made by the government. This makes these tech companies an arm of the government subject to Constitutional restrictions.

This is a class action lawsuit. There are about 75 plaintiffs now. Eventually there will be thousands. Everyone deplatformed for what they said is a potential plaintiff.

How sad of you. Not only did you not recognize the basis for the lawsuit but you could not understand why the attorneys did.

Forum List

Back