Trump wants a Soviet Style MILITARY Parade through the streets of Washington DC

Military parades have traditionally been to celebrate something like the end of a war. There is no such thing now. Is he glorifying the military or his role as commander in chief?

It will be a 100 years this year the end of WWI

I'd suggest Little Lying Donald visit Arlington but cowards are not welcome. Better he drive by to see what real men are and avoid aggravating his bone spurs by getting out of the car.

Figure out the cost and then spend that money on sending Veterans that are waiting for treatment to private doctors NOW.

I seriously don't get the rage from the left on this... I mean military parades are not new in America, in fact, we have them all the time.

Our little town of 40k has a military parade to celebrate our troops every single year. My husband, a West Pointer, was in dozens of parades during his service.

Also:
M1 Abarams - 62 Tons
Fully loaded semi truck - 40 Tons

We are talking about a parade with military hardware. It costs money to move equipment to DC and back. What Trump has in mind is something that the Soviets and every 2 bit dictator does. We don't need to show off. This is about Trump's ego and nothing else.

No this is really about how hurt you are and why you oppose it, just like with trumps wall.

Breaking news: 9th court just blocks Trumps parade

"Confidence is silent and insecurity is loud.".

Seems like the parade was an excellent idea then ... It's obvious who is nutting up the loudest over it ... :thup:

You Communists support gay parades, transgender parades, rape little girls in public restroom parades, hate whites parades, ANTIFA terrorism parades, genocide of Jews parades, pink pussy parades.

Anything that hates America and especially the American culture is a parade you Marxist filth just love.

But what you HATE is the American military, the men and women who serve and defend this nation.

To remind you.

Robert O'Neill, former Navy SEAL and the man who shot Bin Laden.

A military parade is third world bullshit. We prepare. We deter. We fight. Stop this conversation.

11:53 AM - Feb 8, 2018

I suppose he hates the military.

I seriously don't get the rage from the left on this... I mean military parades are not new in America, in fact, we have them all the time.

Our little town of 40k has a military parade to celebrate our troops every single year. My husband, a West Pointer, was in dozens of parades during his service.

Also:
M1 Abarams - 62 Tons

We are talking about a parade with military hardware. It costs money to move equipment to DC and back. What Trump has in mind is something that the Soviets and every 2 bit dictator does. We don't need to show off. This is about Trump's ego and nothing else.

No this is really about how hurt you are and why you oppose it, just like with trumps wall.

I oppose the parade and the wall because they are unnecessary. You are a mind numbed robot who can't think for yourself. I am the opposite. I think and that makes you mad.

Also:
M1 Abarams - 62 Tons

I oppose the parade and the wall because they are unnecessary. You are a mind numbed robot who can't think for yourself. I am the opposite. I think and that makes you mad.

Lmfao, I am the one who can think for himself , your the one that's just upset at Trump winning and oppose everything he does...

To the point your ilk cry about a tax cut.

News reports on President Trump's idea to have a parade honoring our US military, have announced costs of $15 - $21 Million. Whaaaat ??? This sounds ridiculous. How in the world does a parade of a few blocks, cost that amount, or anything close to it ?

Military police could be used to secure the parade area, without an extra dime spent on policing. Somebody told me it might cost millions to transport vehicles to and from the parade site. Really ?

I recall when I was in the Army National Guard, we traveled in long convoys of vehicles (including heavy construction equipment), a distance of over 250 miles from our armory, to our destination for our 2 week summer camp (500 miles round trip). Nobody would say it cost us more than even a few thousand $$ (2018 $) in gas, for this.

I'm not seeing how a military parade should (could) cost even ONE Million $, or even 1/10 that much. I'm wondering from whom these TV numbers originate, and where they got them from. Source ? Link ? :link:

In addition, I'd say, HONORING our military personnel and veterans is a good idea (especially those who died or lost limbs). If queers can have parades to celebrate a nutty sexual perversion, surely our military heroes ought to have their day, and we ought to give it to them.

DC is a big and busy city.

Shutting down large portions of it for the sake Der Trumpenfuhrer's ego would undoubtedly cost twice as much as what they project, if not more.

We don't need to copy any other nation's military parade. I prefer America's way where individual communities across the country salute our veterans in their own way.

I have to say, I am disappointed. But it isn't the end of the world. I can handle disappointment.

Eighty nine % of people polled said no to a military parade citing costs.

Military Times poll: Majority oppose Trump's military parade
How many self-proclaimed conservatives and/or Republicans on USMB found themselves in that less than 11% of 45 supporters who just love and adore the man so much that they were gung-ho for the parade? Were you among faithfully obedient OP?

These Veterans Say Trump's Military Parade Would Be A Big Waste Of Time | HuffPost

WASHINGTON — For the soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines who would be tasked with making it happen, a military parade like the one President Donald Trump reportedly envisions would be a colossal pain in the rear guard.

Trump has long fantasized about being in the center of a celebration involving thousands of soldiers marching in formation alongside tanks and missile launchers. And in January, after watching 6,000 soldiers march through Paris last summer to commemorate a turning point in the French Revolution, he told military brass to start planning a parade “like the one in France,” The Washington Post reported Tuesday.

Unlike France, the U.S. is ill-prepared to host a massive display of military might — in large part because it doesn’t do so very often. With the exception of small local celebrations, the last military parade in this country was at the end of the Persian Gulf War nearly 30 years ago. The one before that was to celebrate the end of World War II.

The military people are distancing themselves from the PINO.

Hold on...did I read that right?
So you're saying a Gook and a wetback "Veteran" don't approve of something Donald Trump wants to do? That's so fucking weird.
Ask a Jason Smith what he thinks?

I'm sorry but one should question why are Americans obsessed with the military ?
Isn't time to scale back and lower casualties, veterans with mental and physical issues. Over spending? People that were stationed in Iraq or Afghanistan can tell you how much money is wasted that can be used to rebuild the infrastructure, take care of the poor or at least pay the debt.

Trump is allegedly a billionaire, he can foot the bill and his Kool-aid drinkers can also pitch in.

I don't want any tax dollars going to this 3rd world nonsense.

I have to say, I am disappointed. But it isn't the end of the world. I can handle disappointment.

Eighty nine % of people polled said no to a military parade citing costs.

Military Times poll: Majority oppose Trump's military parade

When pollsters “call out” good Americans don’t answer...they’re at work or busy raising families.
The flaw in harvesting data via telephone in the 21st century.
Just think about it...Do productive folks whom are mindful of time management and the value of their time really take calls from pollsters?
How likely is it that data being collected is being collected primarily from the lower 1/3?
How skewed would the data be if most was coming from our lowest grade?

Polls seem to be a primary talking point in politics these days...polls also serve as the primary propaganda machine for Democrats...what if polls were proven to be bullshit...what would Democrats have to play on?

Last edited:
Let the team that pays for their own parade march. The "homo parades" only cost the tax payer for the police working the parade and the permitting costs. The massive military parade will cost millions of tax payer dollars. So if you want to have the tax payers pay for the police presence and the permitting, and let private donors foot the bill for the rest of the cost, I have no problem.
It’s about team USA and national pride. If you had any you would understand this.

I have plenty of pride in my country. If it takes a parade to show yours it isn't real.

My complaint is not about the military at all. It is about spending millions of dollars on something that may lift morale for a week or so. We are trillions of dollars in debt. Spending MUST be brought under control if this nation is to survive as a world power. Our children and their children will be saddled with this debt.

And do you think Congress will pay back the $2.8 trillion they borrowed from Social Security when the debt keeps climbing?

If you think spending $23 million on a parade is being fiscally responsible, you are no conservative.
it'd be for more than a week or two. It will be for years worth of propaganda vs our enemies or anyone thinking about being our enemy. It will be used during 2020 election in commercials re-electing Trump. And you Liberals will help pay for it.

"You liberals?" I am arguing against spending $23 million on a parade, and you call me the liberal? LMAO!

Do you think any of our potential enemies don't know we have the biggest, baddest, most dangerous military? We spend more on our military than the next 8 countries combined.

But we are trillions of dollars in debt. Our congress has borrowed $2.8 trillion from Social Security. We have to either curb spending or we will not make it as a nation.
tiny hands wants to wag his tiny appendage around.
You mean the gigantic thing he smacked Hillary in the face with in 2016?

I'm sorry but one should question why are Americans obsessed with the military ?
Isn't time to scale back and lower casualties, veterans with mental and physical issues. Over spending? People that were stationed in Iraq or Afghanistan can tell you how much money is wasted that can be used to rebuild the infrastructure, take care of the poor or at least pay the debt.

Un-Americans always struggle with understanding how/why REAL Americans think the way they do...weird huh?

You might want to check with our troops in Afghanistan about that.
If Obama had wanted it you would think is was a great idea.

Forum List

Back