Trump wants to throw people in jail or take away their citizenship for burning the American flag

Try to act like a decent person?
Whats indecent about burning the flag?

What is decent about burning the American flag?

I'll tell you after you tell me whats indecent about burning the american flag.

First, tell me what is decent about burning the U.S. flag.

I don't know about decent but if I had a family member killed by the Ohio National Guard who were operating under the flag on May 4, 1970, I would not consider a protest and flag burning over that indecent. But that's just me.

That's your opinion and others have their opinions. Did the National Guard act under their own authority or someone else's?

I never speak for everyone. I just judge the results of their actions. I dont waste time hating. It makes you tired.

As previously stated, you are tiresome.
Most people with no real reason for complaining about my views feel I am tiresome. Facts make emotional people very tired.

Are you so arrogant as to turn your emotions into facts?
What does that have to do with the fact that this country championed slavery and genocide no matter how much you try to deflect from that fact?

I've never nor would I ever deflect from the egregious act of slavery, but you cannot speak for everyone. If everyone wanted slavery it would still be in existence.
I wasnt speaking for everyone. i was speaking for the government represented by the flag that I have a right to burn.

No it doesnt. The people are not the government. They are just governed by it. Yes the US did in fact support slavery and NA genocide. You need to read your history book.

The government is made up of people and all the members of Congress do not agree on certain issues. No one is arguing that slavery was not loathsome, but thanks to the bravery and courage of many people, slavery was brought to an end. How long are you going to live in hate?
The governments official position was that slavery and genocide were fine. The flag represents the government. I dont live in hate. It would make me tired.

Did the members of Congress all agree?
I must admit, you are tiresome.
Did the members of congress revolt or go with the program of slavery and genocide?

On September 22 1862, Abraham Lincoln issued his preliminary Emancipation Proclamation, in which he declared that as of January 1, 1863, all slaves in states in rebellion against the Union "shall be then, thenceforward, and forever free."

While all the slaves in the states not in rebellion were not set free.

Here's how we got here.

Hillary sure did spend a lot of time stepping on her own dick

umm, she is also not stupid.

Setting up her own server was pretty damned stupid. It cost her the Presidency and all she got out of it was saving some embarrassement about what a corrupt political hack she is

When Republicans are after you for 30 years you'd be setting up your own server too. There was no law against using personal email and other heads of DoS used it and by the way, not only they used it, but also refused to turn over their emails. So it wasn't outright stupid, even if it ended up damaging her.

The REAL take away from this story is ridiculous inadequacy of federal electronic communication systems and ancient laws regulating their use.

Last edited:
The right wing version of PC.

I hate to see the flag being burned, but I'll defend you if you do it.

Same as if you don't want to bake a cake.

So much for freedom of expression.
I'll never defend flag-burning.
I might buy you a ticket to Cuba if you don't like America.

What will that do if you buy someone a ticket to Cuba? When they come back from vacation they can just keep burning flags.
I think getting out of the US is an eye-opener for snowflakes.
It certainly was for me. There is a much better world out there.

He's just pushing buttons.

He's just trying to baffle the Press with his bull crud....to keep them talking about ANYTHING but his MAJOR Conflict of interests with his businesses and foreign countries....

Anybody who ever wore that flag patch on their uniform in a combat theatre knows what to do when some piece of shit harms a Flag....just let us deal with it in our way.

Trump's comment is like the kind of answers you get from 6 year olds, when you ask them what would you do if you were President?

"I'd put people in jail who burn the flag!"

You dont have an OP and we already destroyed that trivial link you just posted.

I have no idea (nor do I care to venture) what the link provided goes to ... But you are free to look up the Flag Protection Act of 2005.
It lists who the sponsors are ... And included up to $250,000 fine and/or up to 2 years in prison (depending on the disposition of the flag prior to desecration*).

*The Act also didn't limit the prosecutable offense to burning.

I love America and the freedoms she gives us. Burning the flag sickens me. However, it should be allowed, it's freedom of expression. I also believe those offended by flag burning should be allowed the freedom of expression by punching the flag burner in the face.

Allowing flag burning allows us to identify who the assholes are in America. If you want to burn the flag, you have the right to do so. However if you hate this country so much that you burn the flag, then get the fuck out of America

I have no idea (nor do I care to venture) what the link provided goes to ... But you are free to look up the Flag Protection Act of 2005.
It lists who the sponsors are ... And includes up to $250,000 fine and/or up to 2 years in prison (depending on the disposition of the flag prior to desecration).

Yeah but you missed the part that stipulated burning the flag for terrorism or intimidation. It said nothing about peaceful protestors and she voted against it once she realized it probably would be used to prosecute protestors

Flag Protection Act of 2005 - Wikipedia

"The law would have prohibited burning or otherwise destroying and damaging the US flag with the primary purpose of intimidation or inciting immediate violence or for the act of terrorism. "

It lists who the sponsors are ... And includes up to $250,000 fine and/or up to 2 years in prison (depending on the disposition of the flag prior to desecration).

Yeah but you missed the part that stipulated burning the flag for terrorism or intimidation. It said nothing about peaceful protestors and she voted against it once she realized it probably would be used to prosecute protestors

"The law would have prohibited burning or otherwise destroying and damaging the US flag with the primary purpose of intimidation or inciting immediate violence or for the act of terrorism. "

I didn't miss any part of it ... But thanks for being stupid enough to think I didn't ... Dumbass ... :thup:

I love America and the freedoms she gives us. Burning the flag sickens me. However, it should be allowed, it's freedom of expression. I also believe those offended by flag burning should be allowed the freedom of expression by punching the flag burner in the face.

Allowing flag burning allows us to identify who the assholes are in America. If you want to burn the flag, you have the right to do so. However if you hate this country so much that you burn the flag, then get the fuck out of America
When are you going to make us get out of america? How long are you going to stall?

I didn't miss any part of it ... But thanks for being stupid enough to think I didn't ... Dumbass ... :thup:

Obviously you missed it. You disputed the link had been destroyed. I educated you on the contents of the supposed legislation so you wouldnt make that mistake again.

Flag burning isn't the only way to ID an Asshole.

Message boards do a great job of it. Your post being the best case in point of fact.

Obviously you missed it. You disputed the link had been destroyed. I educated you on the contents of the supposed legislation so you wouldnt make that mistake again.

I didn't dispute anything about the link you were discussing ... Stated I didn't go to the link and wasn't going to ... Dumbass ... :thup:
You couldn't educate me on anything ... You cannot even understand what part I played in the discussion ... Dumbass ... :thup:
I didn't make a single mistake ... And you cannot disagree with that ... Because all I did was provide information that is duplicated in your link ... Dumbass ... :thup:

Forum List

Back