Trumpism: This is what PUSHBACK looks like

While I'm sure as hell no fan of Trump, or many of his fans, I think I'm understanding this whole thing more now. Unfortunately, I think it's pretty clear the Democratic Party hasn't learned a fucking thing.

As people like Matthews and Carville and Bloomberg and Manchin try to sound the alarm bells for the party, it's clear that the party has been taken over by the loonies who insist that PC and Identity Politics are at the core of the party's worldview.

To put this as succinctly as I can, I think Trumpism is PUSHBACK against years and years of weaponized PC and Identity Politics. It's a primal scream of pent-up frustration. Burn it down, While much of it is pretty ugly to me, I do understand it, because I don't think that much of what the hardcore leftists who are in control of the party is actually American liberalism. I was called a racist for being against the ACA.

I warned about it long before Trump came down the elevator. I just didn't know how strong it would be.

June 23, 2013:
Always nice to see pushback against the PC Police.

November 14, 2015:
Spin & deflect for the PC-Protected religion, and you'll get the pushback you deserve. Tough shit. Be responsible for your words.

July 27, 2013:
Looks like the PC Police are seeing that their phony "you're a racist" schtick isn't scaring some folks like it used to. It's still relatively effective, but the pushback is getting stronger. Hopefully the momentum will continue, and they'll have to actually engage in intellectually honest conversation for a change.

This doesn't mean that the Democrats will lose in November. I sure don't know. But I think I do understand this.

Sources:
Post 199: Should Dean's life be ruined for saying the N-word 30-40-50 years ago?
Post 49: The French people have some serious balls
Post 135: How Obama Poisoned Race Relations in America

You've got this wrong. Trump came down an escalator, not an elevator.

I continue to be embarrassed by both party's behaviors.

I still think the problem is rooted in our implementation of democracy, specifically winner-take-all, plurality elections. We need government that rules from broad consensus, and not slim majority (or less) support.

We have a republic and always have since this country was founded, dummy.

You didn't even understand my post. And you're calling me dummy. :rolleyes:

When you begin with the democracy bullshit, yes absolutely.

So you were triggered by the mere presence of the word "democracy" and went on the attack? In point of fact, I'm not advocating for more democracy. I think we have too much as it is. I'm making a more subtle point about problems with the way our elections work. But go ahead and cling to your knee-jerk, partisan nitwittery.

So you were triggered by the mere presence of the word "democracy" and went on the attack?
In a nutshell!

These guys know their cult leader wouldn't exist with democracy.

He might. However you count the votes, it's closer than it should be. The sad fact is that our system has driven people to support unhinged radicals, on both sides. I think it's very possible that Trump will get a genuine majority in the next election - and then what will you say?

While I'm sure as hell no fan of Trump, or many of his fans, I think I'm understanding this whole thing more now. Unfortunately, I think it's pretty clear the Democratic Party hasn't learned a fucking thing.

As people like Matthews and Carville and Bloomberg and Manchin try to sound the alarm bells for the party, it's clear that the party has been taken over by the loonies who insist that PC and Identity Politics are at the core of the party's worldview.

To put this as succinctly as I can, I think Trumpism is PUSHBACK against years and years of weaponized PC and Identity Politics. It's a primal scream of pent-up frustration. Burn it down, While much of it is pretty ugly to me, I do understand it, because I don't think that much of what the hardcore leftists who are in control of the party is actually American liberalism. I was called a racist for being against the ACA.

I warned about it long before Trump came down the elevator. I just didn't know how strong it would be.

June 23, 2013:

November 14, 2015:
Spin & deflect for the PC-Protected religion, and you'll get the pushback you deserve. Tough shit. Be responsible for your words.

July 27, 2013:
Looks like the PC Police are seeing that their phony "you're a racist" schtick isn't scaring some folks like it used to. It's still relatively effective, but the pushback is getting stronger. Hopefully the momentum will continue, and they'll have to actually engage in intellectually honest conversation for a change.

This doesn't mean that the Democrats will lose in November. I sure don't know. But I think I do understand this.

Sources:
Post 199: Should Dean's life be ruined for saying the N-word 30-40-50 years ago?

I think you're utterly full of shit. Trump got elected because the US voters are sick of politicians who promise "change" and to have their concerns taken seriously, They want "good jobs" that pay a living wage. They want affordable health care. They want infrastructure that is up to date and that works. And they want a government that listens to THEIR needs, not those of Wall Street or the top 10%.

Trump hasn't done ANY of the things he promised the workers of America. Nobody received the $4000 raises from the corporate tax cut, which Trump promised. 2% of workers received a small one-time bonus - $1000 seems to be the going sum, but raises of 3% are the norm. 3% of $20,000 is $50 per week. Low wage workers didn't even get enough money to buy a week's groceries - for one person.

Trump thinks it's all about jobs and white privilege. It's not. It's all about a fair chance, which workers no longer have, especially now that children graduate university $40,000 in debt.

Recently, a new study was published which said that the USA is leading the first world in yet another category: Elder poverty.

Elderly Poverty Statistics - Economic Security | NCOA

You keep touting the "free market" but here's what the free market has given you:

1. Healthcare: The most expensive healthcare in the world, which more than 30 million Americans have no access to. You spend twice as much per capita for healthcare, and yet you have the highest rates of infant mortality, materal mortality in childbirth, diabetes, obesity, and death from heart disease, and opiod addiction in the first world. Yours is the only country in the first world whose life expectancy is declining.

2. Education: The most expensive education system in the world. The one which requires the most direct cash output by the parents, in addition to government funds. The USA is one of two first world countries which spends less money educating the children of the poor, than it does on the children of the rich. The other country is Turkey.

The biggest reason why Canada survived losing it's auto industry without the kinds of problems we're seeing in the USA is government funded retraining. As industries left Canada, the government offered free retraining for workers displaced by automation or off-shoring. Added to which we have no-copay tax funded healthcare for all. People were able to transition to jobs in the new economy more easily.

3. Infrastructure: The USA once lead the world. You invented the technology. And then you left it up to the private sector to build your communications networks, and your utility companies. So you have strong networks in the heavily populated states, and Middle America has no access to the high speed networks business is currently using. In an effort to cut taxes, you've cut road repair and bridge maintenance, and there's little to no new construction. There's been no new construction since the start of Obama's first term, under his stimulus package, and even that was "shovel ready jobs" - stuff that could be quickly started.

Trump is ignoring all three of these issues, and worse, attempting to further undermine public education with charter vouchers for all. Didn't work in New Orleans. All it does is deprive poor kids of public schools, and ensure that public schools get the handicapped, the slow, and the troublemakers, making a quality education ever more elusive for the children of the poor, without which poor children are condemned to a lifetime of poverty and/or crime.
Biggest reasons companies choose a country to locate in: an educated work force; infrastructure to support the business; and a reasonable standard of living for their employees and their families. The cost of healthcare in the USA is a disincentive to investment.

So you were triggered by the mere presence of the word "democracy" and went on the attack?
In a nutshell!

He might. However you count the votes, it's closer than it should be. The sad fact is that our system has driven people to support unhinged radicals, on both sides.
8.6% -- the margin between votes for the 2 parties in 2018 -- is not all that close.

June 23, 2013:

November 14, 2015:

July 27, 2013:

Sources:
Well it goes without saying that anti-Trump 'protestors' are typically society's lowest common denominator, whether in education, morality, or anything else, little more than degenerate anarchist rabble and sub-literati filth, the kind of whom one would be more likely to encounter in an Insane Clown Posse Concert than they would in an opera house.

I, of course see very little in the way of support for Trump, just so much as our societies of thinking men and women rightfully and logically desting the rancid subculture of freaks, degenerates, wastrels, illiterates, anarchists, and terrorists, which seem to make up 99% of his most virulent opponets - a rather rancid plague which society would do quite well to purge first and forement, once said mouth-breaders are properly delt with, then maybe Trump himself can be addressed in a more intellectually inquisitive manner.

WOW, all emotion and foolishness ^^^. How about posting DATA to offer some semblance of reality? Asking for evidence of your ad hominem is a worthless request.

In a nutshell!

He might. However you count the votes, it's closer than it should be. The sad fact is that our system has driven people to support unhinged radicals, on both sides.
8.6% -- the margin between votes for the 2 parties in 2018 -- is not all that close.

It's close enough. I guess I just don't get your blind faith that "true" democracy will produce good results. Where does that come from?

It's close enough. I guess I just don't get your blind faith that "true" democracy will produce good results.
I never said or implied that. In fact, the main purpose -- other than protecting slavery -- of the EC was to keep unfit demagogues from assuming office. And that makes sense.

Of course, as we know, it failed miserably in that regard in 2016.

June 23, 2013:

November 14, 2015:

July 27, 2013:

Sources:

Democrats will not beat Trump but I believe they have a path to the Senate and will keep the House.

The only candidate with any shot of beating Trump is Bloomberg and even then I doubt he can seeing Progressives will revolt if Sanders is not the nominee which will cause major havoc on election day that will result in the House Flipping and the GOP retaining the Senate...

Democrats screwed themselves...

You think Dems have a path to taking the Senate and keeping the House? Have you seen a psychiatrist lately? Even hard corps Democrats do not believe that is even remotely possible. They are worried about losing them all!

It's not just identity BS. It is globalism, elitism, centralism etc.

And of course Americans being in control of the nation. It's no accident that Trump's signature chant is "Build the wall!".
How is that wall coming?

Great! How are your sessions with the psychiatrist going? Regained any grip on reality yet?

June 23, 2013:

November 14, 2015:

July 27, 2013:

Sources:

Democrats will not beat Trump but I believe they have a path to the Senate and will keep the House.

The only candidate with any shot of beating Trump is Bloomberg and even then I doubt he can seeing Progressives will revolt if Sanders is not the nominee which will cause major havoc on election day that will result in the House Flipping and the GOP retaining the Senate...

I think claiming progressives will revolt and not vote if Sen. Sanders is not the nominee is nothing more than a meme, likely originated by K Street working with Conservatives; Three issues will dominate the thinking of progressives: Health Care, Defending R v. W and Gun Control.

Women, minorities, parents whose anxiety rises when watching their child go to school, Republican's fed up with trump and the chaos has brought to America (and the world), and of course a lack of trust given trump's dishonesty and lies.

I hope that most American's will vote to support the Democratic Party, up and down the slate. We need an alternative to the Authoritarianism which is now the dominate ideology of the Republican's in Power, with many practices and policies which can be seen with an open mind here:

View attachment 305725
Trump is so polarizing that I suspect the Dems will get out the vote if they run a catcher's mitt and a toaster oven.

But who knows. We're so far off the rails now I don't know how people can make concrete predictions.

I posted, "I hope"; it is still likely the Hate and Fear doctrine which got trump a narrow victory via the electoral college can once again put him in office for the next four years. If so we can kiss democracy and the Constitution good-bye.
Well, we'll see. Who knows what the makeup of Congress will be like. And if he wins -- okay, this may be a long shot -- maybe he'll stop worrying so much about just pleasing his base.

June 23, 2013:November 14, 2015:July 27, 2013:This doesn't mean that the Democrats will lose in November. I sure don't know. But I think I do understand this.

Sources:

I think claiming progressives will revolt and not vote if Sen. Sanders is not the nominee is nothing more than a meme, likely originated by K Street working with Conservatives; Three issues will dominate the thinking of progressives: Health Care, Defending R v. W and Gun Control.

Women, minorities, parents whose anxiety rises when watching their child go to school, Republican's fed up with trump and the chaos has brought to America (and the world), and of course a lack of trust given trump's dishonesty and lies.

I hope that most American's will vote to support the Democratic Party, up and down the slate. We need an alternative to the Authoritarianism which is now the dominate ideology of the Republican's in Power, with many practices and policies which can be seen with an open mind here:

View attachment 305725
Trump is so polarizing that I suspect the Dems will get out the vote if they run a catcher's mitt and a toaster oven.

But who knows. We're so far off the rails now I don't know how people can make concrete predictions.

I posted, "I hope"; it is still likely the Hate and Fear doctrine which got trump a narrow victory via the electoral college can once again put him in office for the next four years. If so we can kiss democracy and the Constitution good-bye.
Well, we'll see. Who knows what the makeup of Congress will be like. And if he wins -- okay, this may be a long shot -- maybe he'll stop worrying so much about just pleasing his base.
Nothing matters more to the narcissistic child president than adoration and applause. So yes, "long shot" is an understatement.

June 23, 2013:November 14, 2015:July 27, 2013:This doesn't mean that the Democrats will lose in November. I sure don't know. But I think I do understand this.

Sources:

View attachment 305725

Why would you WANT a political leader to not keep his promises to his supporters?

June 23, 2013:

November 14, 2015:

July 27, 2013:

Sources:

View attachment 305725

1. It was not Hate and Fear you lunatic. Stop drinking your own Koolaid.

2. It is hilarious to see you whine about "hate and fear" and in the next sentence fear monger that is your enemy wins, that it will be the end of "democracy and the Constitution". Liberals. All the self awareness of a potted plant. A DEAD potted plant.

1992 (for one). Keynote address, DNC

1992 Democratic Keynote Address - July 13, 1992

Excerpt:

“We will change from a party with a reputation of tax and spend to one of investment and growth. A growth economy is a must. We can expand the economy and at the same time sustain and even improve our environment. When the economy is growing and we are treating our air, water and soil kindly, all of us prosper. We all benefit from economic expansion.”

What does this have to do with the price of rice in China? I said name me one time the Democrat party stated they lost fairly, and needed to change their policies. They've been on the global warming wagon for over 30 years now.

it answered your question at the end of the post I responded to.

the question was when was the last time a dem said “
”We need to work on our policies.”

Here is what you posted:

“We will change from a party with a reputation of tax and spend to one of investment and growth. A growth economy is a must. We can expand the economy and at the same time sustain and even improve our environment. When the economy is growing and we are treating our air, water and soil kindly, all of us prosper. We all benefit from economic expansion.”

So what you saying that prior, the party was not for investment and growth? The party was not for improving the environment? Now that we have Bernie and Sander's talking about free college, reparations, free healthcare, they are concerned about investment and growth? How is bankrupting a country going to do that?

The Democrat party today is worse than the Democrat party in the 70's.

No. It’s what Dr. Jordan said. You asked for an example of a dem saying they need to work on their policies and I provided it.

As for student loan forgiveness and revamping college costs, to me that sounds like an investment in the future. As for bankruptcy...
Your blob is running a trillion dollar debt every year.

Yes he is, with a Democrat led House.

So who is Dr. Jordan and what office did he hold? When did the Democrats change their policies that he's talking about?

The President signs off on all spending; true or false?

You can Google Dr. Jordan if you wish.

Sources:

View attachment 305725

If only was crying about hate and fear an argument. The lefties are most hateful individuals out there. Bernie Sanders staffers calling for gulags for half the country should ring a bell.

View attachment 305725

Nothing matters more to the narcissistic child president than adoration and applause. So yes, "long shot" is an understatement.

And in the real world, Trump will do what he can to govern well and have a good legacy to be judged on, in his post presidency.

It's close enough. I guess I just don't get your blind faith that "true" democracy will produce good results.
I never said or implied that.

Sure you did. You said "These guys know their cult leader wouldn't exist with democracy", and I don't know how you can make the claim. Majorities elect populist demagogues all the time. It's happening all over the world.

Forum List

Back