Trump's 12 Billion Dollar Welfare Plan for Farmers

Exactly, other countries subsidize their industries, put high tariffs on US products, and reap mega-profits. Its about time the US demands fair trade and protects farmers from unfair trade practices!!

The good news is that food prices are going to dramatically drop here in the US.

I'm just sayin'.

The good news is that food prices are going to dramatically drop here in the US.

I'm just sayin'.
I hope something stabilizes...they have been steadily going up for years--and I don't live in a super big city/etc

Thoughts?

Taxpayers will pay for $12 billion in aid to farmers to cover losses caused by Trump's tariffs

The Trump administration announced Tuesday a $12 billion emergency aid package for farmers caught in the middle of his ongoing and escalating trade wars with China, Europe, Canada and Mexico.

Prices of soybeans have gone down dramatically anyways. Trump will hit China back, don't worry, the U.S will more than make up for a measly $12B, probably in Intellectual Property protections alone.

I believe Intellectual Property theft costs the U.S between $200 and $500B a year! How much of that theft is done by China? Without protection of IP what company is goin to invest in R&D, patents and the like? It's true as Trump calls it, the Crown Jewels. Too bad Silicon Valley are too indoctrinated and ill informed to understand what is at risk, ditto for Wall Street.

If America doesn't confront these communist animals now, it might never happen and future generations will not even recognize America. Furthermore, the trade imbalance is going to continue.

If America can protect it's industries, there will also be a market for it. Chinas 2025 plan, one which they are quietly trying to hide after getting caught; is a desire to usurp the U.S in all industries. This is war, China is the enemy.

isn't that what other countries do?? in manufacturing/etc also??--so the US gets screwed

The US already hands out over 20 billion a year in Ag subsides.

I love how all your uninformed sheep think that the US does not do these things.

Let me ask you, out of all of those countries that you say are screwing us..

Which country that is screwing us have a lower unemployment rate than the US?

Which country that is screwing us have a higher per capita GDP, or nominal GDP than the US?

Which country that is screwing us has gone longer than 109 straight months of economic expansion?

Which country that is screwing us have have more total wealth or more wealth per capita than the US?

isn't that what other countries do?? in manufacturing/etc also??--so the US gets screwed

I love how all your uninformed sheep think that the US does not do these things.

Which country that is screwing us have a higher per capita GDP, or nominal GDP than the US?

Which country that is screwing us has gone longer than 109 straight months of economic expansion?

Which country that is screwing us have have more total wealth or more wealth per capita than the US?
so you think these countries are playing fair????!!!!!!!!
hahahahahhahahahahhahahaaha
I've got some crap to sell you --cheap
upload_2018-7-24_19-15-14.jpeg

View attachment 206803

Thank you for showing me your brains, now answer the questions...

Finally...taxes I'm happy to pay...

Why? What part of the Constitution says farmers get a bail out with our money?

Because the only possible result of competition with foreign labor willing to work for peanuts is lose of jobs. We must protect working class wages. If that requires taxpayers to offset retaliatory tariffs, that's a cost we should all be not only willing, but happy to invest.

View attachment 206803

what does lower unemployment have to do with anything??
please explain

Finally...taxes I'm happy to pay...

Why? What part of the Constitution says farmers get a bail out with our money?

Because the only possible result of competition with foreign labor willing to work for peanuts is lose of jobs. We must protect working class wages. If that requires taxpayers to offset retaliatory tariffs, that's a cost we should all be not only willing, but happy to invest.

So I guess the right is for the Constitution until they're not, huh?

How is this any different from the standard welfare state?

View attachment 206803

please explain

We are being told that our country is being screwed by these countries yet we are stronger economically than any of them in almost every measure.

If we are being screwed so badly, why are we doing so much better than all of those countries that are screwing us?

tariffs should've been enacted decades ago
and when an American company went overseas, they should've been hit with a 500% tariff--FKen American job killer bastards

tariffs should've been enacted decades ago
and when an American company went overseas, they should've been hit with a 500% tariff--FKen American job killer bastards

We have had tariffs for decades, why are the Trump zealots so uninformed?

Here is a list of all of our tariffs. Harmonized Tariff Schedule PDFs

There is a PDF you can download that is just shy of 4000 pages. That is a lot of tariffs for a country you think does not charge tariffs.

I should add that "fair" is a myth, it is a lie we tell our children to make them feel good about the world. In the real/adult world "fair' does not exist and cannot exist as fair is always in the eye of the beholder.

Thoughts?

Taxpayers will pay for $12 billion in aid to farmers to cover losses caused by Trump's tariffs

The Trump administration announced Tuesday a $12 billion emergency aid package for farmers caught in the middle of his ongoing and escalating trade wars with China, Europe, Canada and Mexico.

Prices of soybeans have gone down dramatically anyways. Trump will hit China back, don't worry, the U.S will more than make up for a measly $12B, probably in Intellectual Property protections alone.

I believe Intellectual Property theft costs the U.S between $200 and $500B a year! How much of that theft is done by China? Without protection of IP what company is goin to invest in R&D, patents and the like? It's true as Trump calls it, the Crown Jewels. Too bad Silicon Valley are too indoctrinated and ill informed to understand what is at risk, ditto for Wall Street.

If America doesn't confront these communist animals now, it might never happen and future generations will not even recognize America. Furthermore, the trade imbalance is going to continue.

If America can protect it's industries, there will also be a market for it. Chinas 2025 plan, one which they are quietly trying to hide after getting caught; is a desire to usurp the U.S in all industries. This is war, China is the enemy.

Please provide some

View attachment 206803

please explain

We are being told that our country is being screwed by these countries yet we are stronger economically than any of them in almost every measure.

If we are being screwed so badly, why are we doing so much better than all of those countries that are screwing us?
The U.S. trade deficit with China was $375 billion in 2017. The trade deficit exists because U.S. exports to China were only $130 billion while imports from China were $506 billion.
The Real Reason American Jobs Are Going to China

my company now, used to have 4 times the manufacturing in fabricating parts
now they buy most of it overseas!!
my old company has units manufactured in China!! when it used to be all manufactured in the US
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DUH

food prices are going to dramatically drop here in the US.

I doubt it. This money is to offset damage. I don't think it will put them in a place to lower prices.

The actual impact on farm prices is most likely being exaggerated by the Trump-hating media. If China reduces its purchases of a particular crop from the US, then it presumably increases purchases from another country. If this third country shifts its exports from somewhere else to China, then there is a whole new market opening up to our farmers in somewhere else. It's just not true that if China doesn't buy their goods from American farmers, those farmers have to throw it in the garbage. There are alot of other hungry people out there in the world who would love to have what we produce.

Ain't capitalism a wonderful thing?

I should add that "fair" is a myth, it is a lie we tell our children to make them feel good about the world. In the real/adult world "fair' does not exist and cannot exist as fair is always in the eye of the beholder.
ok, here's a new thread
answer my thread question please
cheap foreign products

Thoughts?

Please provide some

View attachment 206803

please explain

The U.S. trade deficit with China was $375 billion in 2017. The trade deficit exists because U.S. exports to China were only $130 billion while imports from China were $506 billion.
The Real Reason American Jobs Are Going to China

my company now, used to have 4 times the manufacturing in fabricating parts
now they buy most of it overseas!!
my old company has units manufactured in China!! when it used to be all manufactured in the US
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DUH

It is not my fault your company could not compete, probably because they had to pay people like you way more than they have to pay a Chinese worker.

Forum List

Back