Trump's Never Ending War on the Press & Against Truth

Veteran CBS journalist Lesley Stahl was the FIRST journalist to interview Trump once Trump received the GOP nomination, in July, 2016.

At that time Trump had already carried on a roughly 13 month WAR against the press & against TRUTH.

Trump's WAR upon the press & against truth has gone on now for 40 months; nearly 3 1/2 years.

Lesley Stahl revealed WHY Trump continually attacks the press. These are comments concerning Stahl's interview with Trump from their July, 2016.

“60 Minutes” correspondent Lesley Stahl says President Trump once told her that he attacks the press so no one will believe the negative stories written about him.

Stahl said at the Deadline Club awards dinner on Tuesday that she met with the then-GOP presidential nominee at Trump Tower in July 2016.

“And at one point he started to attack the press, and it’s just me and my boss and him … he’s attacking the press and there were no cameras, there was nothing going on,” Stahl said.

“And I said, 'You know that is getting tired, why are you doing this? You are doing it over and over, it’s boring, it’s time to end that. You won the nomination, why do you keep hammering at this?' ”

“And he said, ‘You know why I do it? I do it to demean you all and discredit you all, so that when you write negative stories about me no one will believe you,’ ” Stahl said. :ack-1:

That is absolutely disgusting.

So, Trump has been discrediting the press for nearly 3 1/2 years so Americans won't believe the press, if the press writes something that could be construed as negative in regard to Trump.

In essence this means that, anyone that believes Trump will never believe anything coming from the press.

America is REALLY FVCKED UP with a POTUS that would lie his ass off about the press, wage a 40 month war on the press, and wage a war on truth in America.

America is hitting rock bottom when our institutions become debased by such a tyrant, as Trump.

'60 Minutes' correspondent: Trump said he attacks the press so no one believes negative coverage

He's a piece of dogshit.

oh fvck; that was an insult to dog shit

You’re the expert...

Trump is caught every day telling outrageous provable lies

LOL!!!!!!!

You =

. MORE PEOPLE WATCHED THE INAUGURATION THAN EVER BEFORE
“The overall audience was, I think, the biggest ever to watch an inauguration address, which was a great thing,” the president said on Jan. 26, six days after he was sworn in.

Ample evidence refutes this claim. From the crowds to the television ratings, Barack Obama’s 2009 inauguration attracted a bigger audience than Trump’s.

The White House said 720,000 people attended the Jan. 20 inauguration in person, while Trump estimated 1.5 million. Both figures were disputed by fact checkers. But even if you take the White House at face value, that's still fewer than the 1.8 million who attended Obama’s first inauguration — the District of Columbia's estimate.

Approximately 30.6 million people tuned in to watch Trump’s inauguration on television, down from the 37.8 million viewers who watched Obama’s 2009 inauguration. (Ronald Reagan's 1981 inauguration still holds the record, with 41.8 million TV viewers.)

The White House spokesman at the time, Sean Spicer, pointed to 17 million streaming starts of the inauguration reported by CNN, suggesting it was live streaming that made it the “largest audience to witness an inauguration, period.”

These numbers aren’t an exact science — a page reloading counts as a second stream, as does an accidental click, and most networks did not release streaming numbers — but that same inexact science showed bigger numbers for Obama. In 2009, even amid the early days of live streaming, CNN reported 21 million streams for Obama's inauguration.

2. HILLARY CLINTON WON THE POPULAR VOTE BECAUSE OF FRAUD
Millions of illegal votes cost the president the popular vote, Trump told lawmakers in a meeting on Jan. 23.

There is no evidence that there were millions of fraudulent ballots cast, let alone enough to make up the nearly 3 million votes separating Clinton and Trump in the popular vote. Voter fraud is extremely rare, and the president appears to have acknowledged the reality of the 2016 election at least once — in legal filings.

“All available evidence suggests that the 2016 general election was not tainted by fraud or mistake,” his own lawyers wrote in a court filing opposing the recount efforts by a third party, as posted by The Washington Post.

3. MICHAEL FLYNN DIDN'T DO 'ANYTHING WRONG'
"When I looked at the information, I said, I don't think he did anything wrong. If anything, he did something right,” Trump said in an interview on Feb. 16. “The thing is, he didn’t tell our vice president properly.”

After asking for the resignation of National Security Adviser Michael Flynn — Trump said he did so for misleading Vice President Mike Pence about his sanctions-related discussions with Russian officials — the president said his adviser had done nothing wrong.

But Flynn had done something "wrong," and Trump knew about at least some part of it 18 days before he fired Flynn. The White House was informed in meetings on Jan. 26 and Jan. 27 that Flynn had exposed himself to blackmail by lying to the vice president about his conversations with Russians, the acting attorney general at the time, Sally Yates, later testified under oath. Trump was briefed by the White House attorney on Jan. 26, NBC News reported.

"We felt like it was critical that we get this information to the White House, in part because the vice president was unknowingly making false statements to the public and because we believed that General Flynn was compromised with respect to the Russians," Yates said.

Flynn also committed a crime when he lied about the same conversation to the FBI, and he pleaded guilty to doing so as part of special counsel Robert Mueller's probe into the Trump campaign's contacts with Russia. The president’s lawyers won’t say whether Trump knew Flynn had lied to the FBI at the time of Flynn's firing.

4. 'LOOK WHAT'S HAPPENING LAST NIGHT IN SWEDEN'
"We've got to keep our country safe. You look at what's happening in Germany, you look what's happening last night in Sweden. Sweden! Who would believe this?" Trump said Feb. 18.

The truth? Nothing happened "last night in Sweden."

Trump, criticizing Europe's refugee policy at a rally in defense of his travel ban, appeared to invent a terrorist attack in Sweden to make his point.

According to the Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet, the Friday night in question was marked by mostly unremarkable news including an alleged drunken driver, an avalanche warning and a famous singer having technical problems in rehearsal.

5. OBAMA BUGGED TRUMP TOWER
On March 4, Trump tweeted that his predecessor had wiretapped him.

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/837989835818287106

Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!

7:35 AM - Mar 4, 2017

Donald J. Trump
LIAR IN CHIEF

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/837996746236182529

How low has President Obama gone to tapp my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!

8:02 AM - Mar 4, 2017

This is false.

Recommended

Boxers or briefs: It matters more than you might think

Seniors displaced by California's rising rents
On March 5, former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper told NBC News in an exclusive interview that "there was no such wiretap activity mounted against the president, the president-elect at the time, or as a candidate, or against his campaign."

Later, the Justice Department confirmed this in a lawsuit in September saying that the department and the FBI “have no records related to wiretaps as described."

6. RUSSIA INVESTIGATION IS 'A MADE-UP STORY'
“You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story. It’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won,”the president told NBC News’ Lester Holt on May 11.

"This Russia thing" is very real.

The U.S. intelligence community confirmed that Russia interfered in the 2016 election in a interagency report released in early January,and the FBI was investigating Russian efforts to aid the president before the outcome of the election was decided, The New York Times reported. A probe is being conducted by special counsel Robert Mueller — in which four former Trump campaign officials have already been charged — while the House and Senate intelligence committees continue to investigate as well.

What's more, Trump was warned by the FBI in the weeks after he secured the Republican nomination that Russians would try and infiltrate his campaign.

And despite the Trump team’s insistence that they had no ties to Russia, The Washington Post reported that at least nine people in his circle had contact with Russians during the campaign and transition.

Those include Flynn (who pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI); a foreign policy adviser named George Papadopoulos (also charged as part of Mueller's probe); former campaign chairman Paul Manafort (charged on multiple counts, including conspiracy against the U.S.); Trump's oldest son, Donald Jr.; Trump's son-in-law and senior adviser, Jared Kushner; Trump's personal attorney, Michael Cohen; and Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who was an adviser and U.S. senator during the campaign.

7. COUNTERPROTESTERS IN CHARLOTTESVILLE LACKED A PERMIT
“There were people in that rally — and I looked the night before — if you look, there were people protesting very quietly the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. I’m sure in that group there were some bad ones. The following day it looked like they had some rough, bad people — neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call them. But you had a lot of people in that group that were there to innocently protest, and very legally protest — because I don’t know if you know, they had a permit. The other group didn’t have a permit,” Trump said Aug. 15.

These comments — an apparent efforts to defend the white nationalists who rallied in Charlottesville, Virginia — set off a political firestorm. They were also false

And you still try to defend QUEER-O, who had a MAN as "First Lady" for 8 years....\

and is still, to this day, HIDING like a COWARD in the CLOSET

Here we are America: Make your choice.

Choose your freedom, or choose the TYRANT, Trump.

Speech to 20th Congress of the C.P.S.U.

Speech Delivered: February 24-25 1956;

At the Twentieth Congress of the CPSU February 24-25 1956, Khrushchev delivered a report in which he denounced Stalin’s crimes and the ‘cult of personality’ surrounding Stalin. This speech would ultimately trigger a world-wide split:

Stalin originated the concept “enemy of the people.” This term automatically made it unnecessary that the ideological errors of a man or men engaged in a controversy be proven. It made possible the use of the cruelest repression, violating all norms of revolutionary legality, against anyone who in any way disagreed with Stalin, against those who were only suspected of hostile intent, against those who had bad reputations. The concept “enemy of the people” actually eliminated the possibility of any kind of ideological fight or the making of one’s views known on this or that issue, even [issues] of a practical nature.
Yes. The media will.

Not the republic.

Not tough to understand

I understood it fully BUT YOU act like a constitutional republic is about ratings; what an idiot U R

At the Twentieth Congress of the CPSU February 24-25 1956, Khrushchev delivered a report in which he denounced Stalin’s crimes and the ‘cult of personality’ surrounding Stalin. This speech would ultimately trigger a world-wide split:

Stalin originated the concept “enemy of the people.” This term automatically made it unnecessary that the ideological errors of a man or men engaged in a controversy be proven. It made possible the use of the cruelest repression, violating all norms of revolutionary legality, against anyone who in any way disagreed with Stalin, against those who were only suspected of hostile intent, against those who had bad reputations. The concept “enemy of the people” actually eliminated the possibility of any kind of ideological fight or the making of one’s views known on this or that issue, even [issues] of a practical nature.
Yes. The media will.

Not the republic.

Not tough to understand

I understood it fully BUT YOU act like a constitutional republic is about ratings; what an idiot U R

The Tyrant was Obama and the Dems who passed a health care bill when 55% of the people were against it at that time, just because they had full control of all three branches.
Just because you hold all three branches does not mean you go against a majority of the people with bills, the people didn't want . That is tyranny.
What's Trump been doing with repub owned 3 branches?? The majority voted against him No??

No
Popular vote does not win in a Constitutional Republic.
well then does the same hold true when Obama had majority of states and the votes too??

Yes. The media will.

Not the republic.

Not tough to understand

Yes. The media will.

Not the republic.

Not tough to understand

The Tyrant was Obama and the Dems who passed a health care bill when 55% of the people were against it at that time, just because they had full control of all three branches.
Just because you hold all three branches does not mean you go against a majority of the people with bills, the people didn't want . That is tyranny.
What's Trump been doing with repub owned 3 branches?? The majority voted against him No??

No
Popular vote does not win in a Constitutional Republic.
well then does the same hold true when Obama had majority of states and the votes too??

Yes Obama won both.
Trump did not get the majority but won the EC.
Trump got 30 States votes to Hillary's 20 States votes.
So he won.
The reason we have the EC is to give minorities their rights and voices when the government abuses them and does not give them their representation.
Which in this case was conservative and moderates.
You need both or the EC to win the Presidency.

"against press and truth"

Sorry, the truth and the "press" are two things 180 degrees apart....

more specific the LAMESTREAM press.

this OP troll and campy troll they dont remember the past 16 years how Bushwacker and his lover Obama burned and shreaded to pieces the constitution 100 times worse than anything Trump has done . They cant stand having a president who is FINALLY looking out for the interests of the people instead of serving the bankers and our corrupt institutuions such as the CIA and FBI.:laughing0301::lmao:

Last edited:
Veteran CBS journalist Lesley Stahl was the FIRST journalist to interview Trump once Trump received the GOP nomination, in July, 2016.

At that time Trump had already carried on a roughly 13 month WAR against the press & against TRUTH.

Trump's WAR upon the press & against truth has gone on now for 40 months; nearly 3 1/2 years.

Lesley Stahl revealed WHY Trump continually attacks the press. These are comments concerning Stahl's interview with Trump from their July, 2016.

“60 Minutes” correspondent Lesley Stahl says President Trump once told her that he attacks the press so no one will believe the negative stories written about him.

Stahl said at the Deadline Club awards dinner on Tuesday that she met with the then-GOP presidential nominee at Trump Tower in July 2016.

“And at one point he started to attack the press, and it’s just me and my boss and him … he’s attacking the press and there were no cameras, there was nothing going on,” Stahl said.

“And I said, 'You know that is getting tired, why are you doing this? You are doing it over and over, it’s boring, it’s time to end that. You won the nomination, why do you keep hammering at this?' ”

“And he said, ‘You know why I do it? I do it to demean you all and discredit you all, so that when you write negative stories about me no one will believe you,’ ” Stahl said. :ack-1:

So, Trump has been discrediting the press for nearly 3 1/2 years so Americans won't believe the press, if the press writes something that could be construed as negative in regard to Trump.

In essence this means that, anyone that believes Trump will never believe anything coming from the press.

America is REALLY FVCKED UP with a POTUS that would lie his ass off about the press, wage a 40 month war on the press, and wage a war on truth in America.

America is hitting rock bottom when our institutions become debased by such a tyrant, as Trump.

'60 Minutes' correspondent: Trump said he attacks the press so no one believes negative coverage

Trump is a classical lying tyrant. Plain and simple. He follows the playbook for an authoritarian fascist.

yeah kinda like YOU,a classical lying tyrant? pot meet kettle.:abgg2q.jpg::lmao::rofl:

Not like me at all. Trump is caught every day telling outrageous provable lies that affect over 330 million Americans. He is lying to your parents and your children and you are letting him do it. You have renigged on your oath to protect your country and family.

so says the lying paid troll om the DNC committee.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Trump is a classical lying tyrant. Plain and simple. He follows the playbook for an authoritarian fascist.

Oh my the Irony,you and trump then have something very much in common then,two peas in a pod,pot meet kettle.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

yeah kinda like YOU,a classical lying tyrant? pot meet kettle.:abgg2q.jpg::lmao::rofl:

Not like me at all. Trump is caught every day telling outrageous provable lies that affect over 330 million Americans. He is lying to your parents and your children and you are letting him do it. You have renigged on your oath to protect your country and family.

so says the lying paid troll as always.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Trump lied about the percentage of asylum seekers who showed up for their court hearing. He said 3%. Real percentage is 76%.
Now your turn. What is a lie in the OP?

so says the lying paid troll as always.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Trump lied about the percentage of asylum seekers who showed up for their court hearing. He said 3%. Real percentage is 76%.
Now your turn. What is a lie in the OP?

soon as YOU stop ignoring the corruption of Bush and Obama how they have shreedded to pieces the constitution you will have credibility.:abgg2q.jpg:you have NEVER once talked about those evil bastards how they have kissed the asses of the bankers and how they BOTH started wars in other countries and kissed the ass of the evil CIA.:laughing0301:

you just have this sad pathetic obsession over trump. As always,nice taking you to school

oh and get serious.MANY posters have called out the lies of this OP troll you only see what you want to see as we both know so you ignore those posts.:D

trumps lies dont even come ANYWHERE close to the THOUSANDS of lies traiters obama and bush told the american people that you NEVER talked about.:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

Thank God Trump got elected.This was something that warmonger Bush and his lover pal Obama NEVER talked about when they were in office,that the FED is the problem of the world,that THEY need to be abolished.

the Clintons are mass murderers so she would never have brought this up.well Trump be the first president since the great JFK to try and get rid of the fed? we shall see in two years. That would be very brave of him IF he did since Kennedy,the last president we had that stood up the bankers and the evil CIA who always start wars around the country paid the price for it on nov 22nd 1963.

we know HITLERY would not come out and tell the truth like this as trump has that the fed is the problem,she same as Bush and obama,are servants to the bankers wishes of war.

Trump Is Right: The Fed Is A Big Problem

I dont think a president since Kennedy has ever come out and acknowledged this truth about the Bankers.sure hope trump doesnt suffer the same fate by the bankers JFK did for telling the truth on this.:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

The media has been corrupted by the left a long time ago....Trump is the first to really fight back against them...the nation is thankful for it....we have no use for news agencies that double as democrat advisers.....

It may be time for ideological quotas within the news rooms around the nation...

So, basically what you are saying is, YOU are OK with any POTUS, Trump included, tearing down & destroying ANY & ALL institutions that made America what it is.

That is exactly what you are saying. That is some really sad shit; you hate America.

Thanks

O already sailed that boat. He hated america and its institutions.
Still suffering from a severe case of ODS I see.

No, but TDS is running rampant with the left now.
You are so used to parroting what you are told to think and say, you even parroted what I posted both times. LOL

You are another good little trumpbot.

Not so. But you do have TDS.

One of the biggest complaints over the last 20 years or so is how they treat us like children that needs things explained after a presidential speech or other big news coverage.
It's so insulting. We don't need to be told we all heard it.
Whenever a big news story, speech or congressional hearing is covered on one of the three C-SPAN channels, you should watch it there. There is no commentator explanation after any of them....just calls from viewers...rotating from Republican to Democrat to Independent...

....and you get to watch the room fill before and empty after the event....again without commentary.

...and guess what else........NO COMMERCIALS!

C-SPAN rocks!

Last edited:
One of the biggest complaints over the last 20 years or so is how they treat us like children that needs things explained after a presidential speech or other big news coverage.
It's so insulting. We don't need to be told we all heard it.
Whenever a big news story, speech or congressional hearing is covered on one of the three C-SPAN channels, you should watch it there. There is no commentator explanation after any of them....just calls from viewers...rotating from Republican to Democrat to Independent...

....and you get to watch the room fill before and empty after the event....again without commentary.

...and guess what else........NO COMMERCIALS!

C-SPAN rocks!

Yes I watch C-Span and agree

Just because The OP likes hairy man butt is no reason to allow him to spam the forum with Anti-Trump hate every day.

It's people like hairy man butt lover that create things like leftard killing sprees in Las Vegas, and at The DC Softball game, or at a Synagogue in Pittsburgh.
86e8cb274033dde01b1a372f17398da3.jpg

Just because The OP likes hairy man butt is no reason to allow him to spam the forum with Anti-Trump hate every day.

It's people like hairy man butt lover that create things like leftard killing sprees in Las Vegas, and at The DC Softball game, or at a Synagogue in Pittsburgh.
86e8cb274033dde01b1a372f17398da3.jpg

Thanks for posting that FABULOUS photo of POTUS Shit Stain in his Halloween drag :9:

Trump = Making Drag Great Again

Last edited:

And this folks, is the level of intellect from the Communists.

Anyone want THAT running this nations? Seriously? Read the post by Camp, if you vote for a democrat, THAT is the level of shit you will get. Unthinking sub-humans who spew hatred with no idea WHY they hate, only that they do hate.

What does the media have to do with the truth?

If they actually cared about truth they wouldn’t be attacked as they are

Just in case you haven't noticed I will clue you in Einstein:
There are plenty of nations in which the press was previously a force for truth & for justice but many of these nations went the way of the radical right.
What happens when the press gets 'run out of town' so to speak in these nations?
You DON"T have truth; you have massive corruption.
I know that's what you & your far right GOPers want for America; you desire a nation where the press is wiped out, and where there is NO truth.
I understand you fvcking weasels.
Let me get this straight: you believe the fake news media dispenses truth?

Seriously?

Forum List

Back