Trump's trade war with China

/----/ " TW he bragged it’s easy to win. Two years later still not done."
It is easy to win. Put the screws on China. Trump never said it would be fast.

Put a screws on China. Your piece of shit president could have done that don’t you think?

Yes he did. He said that on March 18, 2018 trade wars are good easy to win. You are ignorant than I thought..
/——/ For the second time, a trade war is easy to win, but Trump never said it would be fast.

If a trade war was "easy to win", it wouldn't take a long time to do it.

Trump failed to realize that a totalitarian dictatorship has certain advantages in a trade war, that a democratic elected President in a capitalistic society doesn't have. Xi can tell businesses to stop doing business with the USA, and do so immediately. If they don't, they'll be stripped of their business and given a nice long vacation in a concentration camp to reconsider their choices. Trump tells his business leaders not to do business with China and they tell him to go fuck himself.

Trump keeps trusting his "gut instincts" to make decisions and none of them have worked out. Trump started the trade war to deflect from headlines about the Stormy Daniels lawsuits which were dominating the headlines. A piss poor excuse for destroying American farmers, but this is Trump, and when things go wrong for Trump, someone will be thrown under the bus to save his ass. Except as President, it's entire segments of the economy that are being sacrificed to his ego and his greed.

Remember when Trump promised to end off-shoring of manufacturing jobs? Off-shoring continues unabated and the manufacturing has dropped to the same level it was in 2009. In three short years, Trump is back to where Obama started. Well, he did say that he was going to undo everything Obama did, and the turnaround from W's complete trashing of the American economy was Obama's greatest achievement.

Manufacturing is now officially in recession, despite Trump's vow to boost industry

This is a direct result of Trump's trade war. The reason that it's called a "trade war", is that there are casualties, on both sides, and only the strongest businesses can survive this level of uncertainty in their supply chains. The Chinese have a much stronger grip on their own economy, and thus are more agile in re-imagining supply chains. American supply chains rest of the whims of their President's bad moods.

The choice is between choosing to be the world's bitch on trade, or support Trump, who is the only person who wants to see America win.

You want to see America lose.
We were winning. Largest economy, low unemployment, huge wealth...

These assholes wouldn’t know the difference.
Look at the booming economy. We are winning we are kicking ass all over.

Then this lying jerk POTUS ....... said we are loosing. His cult followers believe we are loosing.

Results we are loosing the trade war initiated by a clown.

Put a screws on China. Your piece of shit president could have done that don’t you think?

Yes he did. He said that on March 18, 2018 trade wars are good easy to win. You are ignorant than I thought..
/——/ For the second time, a trade war is easy to win, but Trump never said it would be fast.

Trump failed to realize that a totalitarian dictatorship has certain advantages in a trade war, that a democratic elected President in a capitalistic society doesn't have. Xi can tell businesses to stop doing business with the USA, and do so immediately. If they don't, they'll be stripped of their business and given a nice long vacation in a concentration camp to reconsider their choices. Trump tells his business leaders not to do business with China and they tell him to go fuck himself.

Trump keeps trusting his "gut instincts" to make decisions and none of them have worked out. Trump started the trade war to deflect from headlines about the Stormy Daniels lawsuits which were dominating the headlines. A piss poor excuse for destroying American farmers, but this is Trump, and when things go wrong for Trump, someone will be thrown under the bus to save his ass. Except as President, it's entire segments of the economy that are being sacrificed to his ego and his greed.

Remember when Trump promised to end off-shoring of manufacturing jobs? Off-shoring continues unabated and the manufacturing has dropped to the same level it was in 2009. In three short years, Trump is back to where Obama started. Well, he did say that he was going to undo everything Obama did, and the turnaround from W's complete trashing of the American economy was Obama's greatest achievement.

Manufacturing is now officially in recession, despite Trump's vow to boost industry

This is a direct result of Trump's trade war. The reason that it's called a "trade war", is that there are casualties, on both sides, and only the strongest businesses can survive this level of uncertainty in their supply chains. The Chinese have a much stronger grip on their own economy, and thus are more agile in re-imagining supply chains. American supply chains rest of the whims of their President's bad moods.

The choice is between choosing to be the world's bitch on trade, or support Trump, who is the only person who wants to see America win.

You want to see America lose.
We were winning. Largest economy, low unemployment, huge wealth...

These assholes wouldn’t know the difference.
Look at the booming economy. We are winning we are kicking ass all over.

Then this lying jerk POTUS ....... said we are loosing. His cult followers believe we are loosing.

Results we are loosing the trade war initiated by a clown.

So, you happy with wages over the last 50 years?

Do you know what is very scary with your post. It’s totally way off from reality like a text book from Hannity.

1. Trump made easy? Really? When Trump started this TW he bragged it’s easy to win. Two years later still not done. At the same time we made farmers welfare recipients $12 billions and $16 billions.
At the same time just about 100% from all business categories are blasting Trump TW. Not a single one supported this idiot.

2. What little guy are you talking about? When the biggest losers of this TW are the little ( poor) American consumers paying the higher prices.

For the first time in my lifetime I never expected a total moron, pathological hypocrite bastard see a tug POTUS in the WH.

However there is a little progress this week..... Trump declared ....... Partial Agreement was reached. Not sure what the details are.... This is a face saving for Trump.
/----/ " TW he bragged it’s easy to win. Two years later still not done."
It is easy to win. Put the screws on China. Trump never said it would be fast.

It would be easier to win if we all stood together...but I guess that is impossible with today's power hungry democrats....

How?
1. How can we unite when your fake messiah is doing the damage himself dividing Americans?

2. I know you watch his rally like in Minneapolis. Tell me if that is a rally that we all should stood together? IMHO and so are my friends. It’s very disgusting with full of disgusting fuck lies and insults. A tug.

3. Again I keep repeating. Just about 100% of all business categories and all manufacturing and all major retailers . Blasting Trump worthless TW wars.
We are loosing this TW.

4. Power hungry democrats? Republicans are not?

Trump knows we are loosing so he made this adjustment so Chinese will sit down.

Trump lifts tariffs on hundreds of Chinese goods

Washington (AFP) - President Donald Trump on Friday temporarily lifted tariffs on hundreds of Chinese goods that he imposed last year, softening his stance in the trade conflict ahead of next month's negotiations.

I just have to post this again. My friend who work for Deere after 28 years got laid off last Friday. With 2 kids in college. That hurts.

You call this winning the trade wars?

Deere to lay off 163 U.S. workers as trade war dents equipment demand

Tuesday announced indefinite layoffs for 163 U.S. manufacturing workers at plants in Illinois and Iowa that make agricultural, forestry and construction equipment, citing decreased customer demand.

There is no lying, Do we have the biggest economy? Low unemployment? Greatest wealth? All true, you are delusional to blame trade.

Good macro economic numbers, do not tell the whole story. Why are you pretending that this has not explained to you, many times before?
Because you make no sense and back nothing up.

How is steel doing?

1. I made sense just fine. Stop lying.

2. Fine, considering how old this expansion is.
No you back up nothing. You just make false claims.

The Rust Belt and the working class Americans have had wages stagnate while stockholders and the rich have benefited from offshoring.

Numbers on wage stagnation have been presented to you in the past. You ignore them, and now pretend it was not done.
You ignore that we have lots of wealth and really low unemployment. The issue is not trade, we have plenty of jobs and wealth.

Lots of economists must agree with you. Please share links to them.

We were losing the trade war, before Trump was elected.

there was no trade war and we as a country were winning bigly.

I posted a link showing the wage stagnation.

Try again.
And I've shown you many studies explaining why that is. All internal problems. We have lots of corps with near monopolies. We have non compete agreements working for employers and against workers. We have wage collusion. Right to work laws have a bad effect on wages. I've told you why we have stagnation and backed it all up with studies. You have nothing.

Good macro economic numbers can hide serious economic and social costs.

then provide the data

Why Wages Aren’t Growing in America

"The majority of Americans share in economic growth through the wages they receive for their labor, rather than through investment income. Unfortunately, many of these workers have fared poorly in recent decades. Since the early 1970s, the hourly inflation-adjusted wages received by the typical worker have barely risen, growing only 0.2% per year. In other words, though the economy has been growing, the primary way most people benefit from that growth has almost completely stalled."
Your link doesn't say trade is the problem. Seems to be agreeing with me on many points:

It took many factors — some the result of deliberate policy choices, some the outcome of broad economic processes — to produce decades of wage stagnation for the typical worker. Similarly, it will take many incremental reforms and new policies to reestablish the conditions that support robust, broadly shared wage growth. There is no single wage growth panacea, but many policies would help, including: raising the minimum wage; increasing worker bargaining power (including by reducing noncompete contracts or collusion among firms); ensuring adequate labor demand through looser fiscal or monetary policy; increasing dynamism through pro-mobility or entrepreneurship policies; and making broad improvements to education or productivity policies. Given the longstanding trends and limited improvements in living standards for many workers, taking action to increase wage growth is one of the most important policy imperatives we face.

Good macro economic numbers, do not tell the whole story. Why are you pretending that this has not explained to you, many times before?

How is steel doing?

The Rust Belt and the working class Americans have had wages stagnate while stockholders and the rich have benefited from offshoring.

Numbers on wage stagnation have been presented to you in the past. You ignore them, and now pretend it was not done.
You ignore that we have lots of wealth and really low unemployment. The issue is not trade, we have plenty of jobs and wealth.

I have never ignored that. I have constantly acknowledged the good macro economic numbers you keep bringing up.

Why did you lie about that?

Lying indicates that you, on some level, know that you cannot support your position with the truth.

My point has always been that good macro economic numbers have hid economic and social costs.

I have linked to such data in the past, and you have ignored it. I have again linked to data on wage stagnation.

You will ignore it, and then in the future pretend to have never been exposed to it, and make your false claims again.

Try again.
And I've shown you many studies explaining why that is. All internal problems. We have lots of corps with near monopolies. We have non compete agreements working for employers and against workers. We have wage collusion. Right to work laws have a bad effect on wages. I've told you why we have stagnation and backed it all up with studies. You have nothing.

So, a moment ago, when you were pretending to not know about any hidden negative numbers, what was that, just bullshit?

then provide the data

"The majority of Americans share in economic growth through the wages they receive for their labor, rather than through investment income. Unfortunately, many of these workers have fared poorly in recent decades. Since the early 1970s, the hourly inflation-adjusted wages received by the typical worker have barely risen, growing only 0.2% per year. In other words, though the economy has been growing, the primary way most people benefit from that growth has almost completely stalled."
Your link doesn't say trade is the problem. Seems to be agreeing with me on many points:

You did not ask for that. YOu asked for evidence that there is a problem, despite the good macro economic numbers.

Are you admitting that there is an issue?

How is steel doing?

I have never ignored that. I have constantly acknowledged the good macro economic numbers you keep bringing up.

Lying indicates that you, on some level, know that you cannot support your position with the truth.

My point has always been that good macro economic numbers have hid economic and social costs.

I have linked to such data in the past, and you have ignored it. I have again linked to data on wage stagnation.

You will ignore it, and then in the future pretend to have never been exposed to it, and make your false claims again.
You ignore the facts. Now again, share the economists that share your thoughts.

Try again.

So, a moment ago, when you were pretending to not know about any hidden negative numbers, what was that, just bullshit?
You are one really confused person. There are no negative numbers from trade. As I have documented over and over and that your own link supported, they are all internal problems that don't involve trade.

then provide the data

You did not ask for that. YOu asked for evidence that there is a problem, despite the good macro economic numbers.

Wow you are slow. I said trade is not a problem. And your link supports what I have been saying. How do you manage to be so lost?

then provide the data

That's an excellent article except for one thing. The redemies are all things that Republicans reject as "socialism". Things like raising the minimum wage, encouraging union membership and participation - all grass roots stuff, having nothing to do with tax breaks for millionaires, and everything to do with getting workers a bigger share of the pie.

There was a request for information on the hidden economic and social cost of the economic policies of the last couple of decades.

I provided that link to give some of the numbers.

The potential solutions is another topic of discussion. Right now, the other side in this thread is denying that there is a problem.

Do you agree that long term wage stagnation is a problem?

Long term wage stagnation is THE problem facing the US economy, but Trump's trade ware is not any part of the solution, and is actually making things worse. China isn't the cause of the problem, or even a part of oit. The problem is that American corporations refuse to pay liviing wages to their low wage workers. They've given record salaries and benefits to executives, generous wage increases to management employees, all while booking record profits, and paying out record dividends to shareholders.

None of this has anything to do with trade, and everything to do with the American business model which gives the workers no role and no say in their own wages and benefits. Unions held that role, and were effective at giving the workers a strong voice. That's why business owners, wanted them gone. They gave the workers too strong a voice advocating on their behalf.

Trump and the Republicans are scapegoating off-shoring and China, when in reality, the blame for wage stagnation can be laid directly at the feet of successive government administrations which promoted the idea of companies before people. A nation is its people. American business is running the country for their benefit, not the peoples' benefit, and they\ve seized control of the government.

You asked upthread why New York banned Walmart and not Amazon. Quite simply, Walmart doesn't pay their workers any wages to speak of. Walmart workers are basically, on the dole - for food stamps, for MedicAid, earned income credits. New York is one of the most expensive cities in the world. You cannot live in the city of New York, on the wages Walmart pays. New York doesn't need more poverty level jobs. Amazon pay is about $50,000 per year.

I used to live in the Studio District in Toronto. Where the movies studios and production facilities are located. The Toronto Movie Studios - the largest studio in the city. The city owned the land and wanted to sell it to reduce the deficit. When they closed the Studio, they promised that these high paying jobs would be replaced with similar. When a mall developer proposed buyiing the land and building a Walmart, the entire neighbourhood rose up to protest replacing our high paying movie studio jobs with minimum wage shopping mall wages. No Walmart was built.

You ignore the facts. Now again, share the economists that share your thoughts.

I have constantly acknowledged the good macro economic numbers you keep bringing up.

Try again.

You are one really confused person. There are no negative numbers from trade. As I have documented over and over and that your own link supported, they are all internal problems that don't involve trade.

You have presented internal problems that you insist are the cause of the problem.

As my position is not based on trade being the sole cause of wage stagnation, that does not challenge my position at all.

IF, you were to somehow prove a negative, and demonstrate that all of the wage stagnation was caused by the factors you present, with no contribution from Trade, that would refute my claim.

You have not even tried to do that, and I don't see how it could be proven, even if it were true, so.

And let's not forget that you starting position in this thread, was DENYING that there were any negative numbers to be explained.

So, you are a dishonest person who's claims are not to be trusted.

then provide the data

Wow you are slow. I said trade is not a problem. And your link supports what I have been saying. How do you manage to be so lost?

YOu are now just stonewalling.

You asked for the data on the hidden economic and social costs and I provided it. Now you are refusing to address that, and trying to just move on to your next line of attack.

6a00d83451c0aa69e20240a4735569200c-800wi

then provide the data

That's an excellent article except for one thing. The redemies are all things that Republicans reject as "socialism". Things like raising the minimum wage, encouraging union membership and participation - all grass roots stuff, having nothing to do with tax breaks for millionaires, and everything to do with getting workers a bigger share of the pie.

There was a request for information on the hidden economic and social cost of the economic policies of the last couple of decades.

I provided that link to give some of the numbers.

The potential solutions is another topic of discussion. Right now, the other side in this thread is denying that there is a problem.

Do you agree that long term wage stagnation is a problem?

Long term wage stagnation is THE problem facing the US economy, but Trump's trade ware is not any part of the solution, and is actually making things worse. China isn't the cause of the problem, or even a part of oit. The problem is that American corporations refuse to pay liviing wages to their low wage workers. They've given record salaries and benefits to executives, generous wage increases to management employees, all while booking record profits, and paying out record dividends to shareholders.

None of this has anything to do with trade, and everything to do with the American business model which gives the workers no role and no say in their own wages and benefits. Unions held that role, and were effective at giving the workers a strong voice. That's why business owners, wanted them gone. They gave the workers too strong a voice advocating on their behalf.

Trump and the Republicans are scapegoating off-shoring and China, when in reality, the blame for wage stagnation can be laid directly at the feet of successive government administrations which promoted the idea of companies before people. A nation is its people. American business is running the country for their benefit, not the peoples' benefit, and they\ve seized control of the government.

You asked upthread why New York banned Walmart and not Amazon. Quite simply, Walmart doesn't pay their workers any wages to speak of. Walmart workers are basically, on the dole - for food stamps, for MedicAid, earned income credits. New York is one of the most expensive cities in the world. You cannot live in the city of New York, on the wages Walmart pays. New York doesn't need more poverty level jobs. Amazon pay is about $50,000 per year.

I used to live in the Studio District in Toronto. Where the movies studios and production facilities are located. The Toronto Movie Studios - the largest studio in the city. The city owned the land and wanted to sell it to reduce the deficit. When they closed the Studio, they promised that these high paying jobs would be replaced with similar. When a mall developer proposed buyiing the land and building a Walmart, the entire neighbourhood rose up to protest replacing our high paying movie studio jobs with minimum wage shopping mall wages. No Walmart was built.

1. So, in the context of this thread, we are in agreement. THe problem is long term wage stagnation. Will you help me with the dishonest anti-Trump partisans who are insisting there is no problem?

2. American corporations dont' have to pay good wages, because they can offshore and outsource, to among other places, China. China is a big part of the problem. Addressing that is not scapegoating.

3. American corporations dont' have to pay good wages, because the labor market is constantly being flooded with cheap immigrant labor. And that is not scapegoating either.

Forum List

Back