U.S. colleges scramble after new Trump order on foreign students

We are talking about deporting foreign students.
So please tell us Tipsy. What benefits do Americans get by deporting these foreign students?
I only want to see chinese students from mainland china deported

students from Singapore, Hong Kong and Taiwan should be allowed to stay
You realize the vast, vast majority of Chinese students are not "spies," right?

Maybe, but how many are acceptable in your opinion?
How many spies are acceptable? Zero. How many innocent students being kicked out and having their education derailed on the basis of nation of origin are acceptable to you? That kind of blanket discrimination is not what America is about.

Plus they make a ton of money off China, which influences their curriculum.
They do in more ways than just tuition, room and board

china gives the universities gift money

and that puts the greedy lib educators on a communist doggie leash
Then cut off that money. Easy enough to put a moratorium on that kind of giving without kicking out thousands and thousands of innocent students who have been preparing all their lives to pursue a superior education in the US.

without kicking out thousands and thousands of innocent students who have been preparing all their lives to pursue a superior education in the US.
What the communist students want is not my concern

its not in Americas best interests to educate the children of our no 1 enemy

So please tell us Tipsy. What benefits do Americans get by deporting these foreign students?

How many spies are acceptable? Zero. How many innocent students being kicked out and having their education derailed on the basis of nation of origin are acceptable to you? That kind of blanket discrimination is not what America is about.

Let their government educate their children and we'll educate ours. Why is it always our responsibility to give people outside our country everything they want from us?

Millions of Americans depends on these foreign students. Right this second we need all the helps we can get. People like you and the rest doesn’t care about Americans and families that are facing financial difficulties. Just because you are supporting an incompetent president. You are anti Americans. How cruel can you get?

Last edited:

Let their government educate their children and we'll educate ours. Why is it always our responsibility to give people outside our country everything they want from us?

That is not the point. Business is business. You are implying pure hatred. I don’t expect people like you will ever understand Economy .001

...Let their government educate their children and we'll educate ours. Why is it always our responsibility to give people outside our country everything they want from us?

Being a magnet for the best and brightest students from all over the world is in OUR best interest, you myopic moron.

Millions of Americans depends on these foreign students. Right this second we need all the helps we can get. People like you and the rest doesn’t care about Americans and families that are facing financial difficulties. Just because you are supporting an incompetent president. You are anti Americans. How cruel can you get?

So in order to be non anti-American, allow foreigners to be in our colleges that Americans should be in? I guess I'm an anti-American too, because I always believed in taking care or our people first.

And another EO, that makes no sense. Is it because Trump is impotent to affect the opening of public schools under local control? Wants to destroy higher education? Is pissed at Harvard? This new order contradicts previous policy regarding Covid....what a mess.

Many U.S. colleges were scrambling on Tuesday to modify plans for the fall semester in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic a day after the Trump administration issued an order that could force tens of thousands of foreign students to leave the country if their schools hold all classes online.
The announcement blindsided academic institutions grappling with the logistical challenges of safely resuming classes, particularly after the federal government had granted exceptions to the rules limiting online learning for foreign students when colleges and universities in March rushed to shutter campuses and move to online classes as the pandemic forced lockdowns.

There are more than a million foreign students at U.S. colleges and universities, and many schools depend on revenue from foreign students, who often pay full tuition.
The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency said institutions moving entirely to online learning must submit plans to the agency by July 15. Schools that will use only in-person learning, shortened or delayed classes, or a blend of in-person and online learning must submit plans by Aug. 1.

Too many Chinese nationals are working as spies for the Chinese government...we need to stop allowing them into the country.
And college professors are conspiring with them. So yes...I agree.

without kicking out thousands and thousands of innocent students who have been preparing all their lives to pursue a superior education in the US.

These students are NOT our enemy, fool. Are you too young to remember the Cold War? Do you know why North Korea so tightly controls any information from or about the outside world?

The higher education puppy mills will lose a huge sum of money if education goes online

in fact the schools could get by with half the staff they have now

imagine a Feminist and Black Studies professor getting canned and having to find a real job

I encourage trump change his approach and support internet teaching
Online courses can be problematic. There is something to be said for live interaction among students and students and faculty. Most schools are attempting blended models. Lot of discussion going on, and regardless, the face of education is going to change.
Easier to indoctrinate them in person no doubt.

These students are NOT our enemy, fool. Are you too young to remember the Cold War? Do you know why North Korea so tightly controls any information from or about the outside world?

Don't change the subject because I called you out. Explain to me how "being a magnet for the best students in the world" is in our best interest.

Wrong. It’s best interest for the US economy.

Bullshit they can take online classes in their own countries and free up the apartment rentals here .. supply and demand.

So in order to be non anti-American, allow foreigners to be in our colleges that Americans should be in? I guess I'm an anti-American too, because I always believed in taking care or our people first.
Where in you post here you are taking care of Americans. You are making Americans suffer.

Where in you post here you are taking care of Americans. You are making Americans suffer.

No, I"m not doing anything of the sort. When colleges are filled up, American kids can't attend them. In the USA, our kids should have priority over any foreigner wanting to come here to take advantage of our educational system. Not letting that student go to OUR schools because the class seats are taken by foreigners is what I call making Americans suffer.

The higher education puppy mills will lose a huge sum of money if education goes online

in fact the schools could get by with half the staff they have now

imagine a Feminist and Black Studies professor getting canned and having to find a real job

I encourage trump change his approach and support internet teaching
Online courses can be problematic. There is something to be said for live interaction among students and students and faculty. Most schools are attempting blended models. Lot of discussion going on, and regardless, the face of education is going to change.

This virus led the way.

Over half of my property taxes go to support our local public schools. I (nor any of my tenants) ever had kids in the school system, yet we have to pay for it.

Yes, the cost of these schools are high, in the thousands a year for me. But what do those costs include besides teachers? The buildings. The buildings that use heat, air conditioning, maintenance. Then there are busses. You have to pay the drivers, the gasoline, insurance, and so on.

Think how much money taxpayers could save through education online. Close down and sell the schools. No more busses because there is no place to send the kids to. Given the fact that the average educational cost per capita is about 12-15K a year, it would be more cost effective to provide those poorer kids with internet access and a computer.

You are talking K-12? Everyone would be home schooling?

Correct, that's what I'm talking about, and so are school systems all across the country. I'm very surprised the teachers unions are not complaining about it, although I'm sure all their members are still paying dues and not having to go into work.
It would be a nightmare for parents, and single parents couldn’t do it. In addition, there is a lot of important social development that goes on in a school setting.
They are being forced to do it right now so what difference does it make?

Forum List

Back