🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Uncomfortable FACT about Ferguson for conservatives...

The particular meme of "conservatives want to control you" should die a miserable horrible death. We've had a stream of control issues coming from the Left these last 6 years: what doctor you should see, what business you should or shouldn't be in, what kind of lightbulb you can use, what kind of health benefits you must offer, what size drink you can have, what information you must put on your restaurant's menu, etc etc. Conservatives have fought every one of these in the name of freedom. Liberals have supported every one of these in the name of "we know what's best for you."

The particular meme of "conservatives want to control you" should die a miserable horrible death.

Yep, it should be something like

"Both conservatives and liberals want to control you."

Big government is big government no matter who controls it.

The fact idiots are burning their own shit down does not make me uncomfortable at all. I welcome Darwin.

Liberals have no interest in controlling or regulating people's bedrooms or religious freedoms.

Sure, but they are the people pushing for free contraception. Oops. That's as inside the bedroom as they can possibly be. But then again, I must point out how Obamacare forces Catholic nuns and other Catholic faith based institutions to provide such a service when it is against their religious beliefs. Religious freedom, eh?

You folks on the right are the ones who want a woman's uterus to be property of the state so YOU can decide what she can and can't do with her own body and life.

Oh, but you can tell people what insurance they can buy. As I have pointed out many times before, you insist that the government stay out of the bedroom, you further insist upon a woman doing what she wants with own body, but then are eerily silent when she starts begging the government to enforce her ability to do so, i.e., free contraceptive care, birth control, etc.

"Make the government force those evil Republicans to let me control my body!!!"

Do you understand how patently absurd that is? Heh, I guess you don't. This is where you cooked your own...(heck it's Thanksgiving) turkey.

Liberals support the separation of church and state.

Right... all you need do is look to Texas to understand how wrong you are.

Houston Pastors Sermons Subpoenaed Over Equal Rights Ordinance

Too many folks on the right want a theocracy.

Really? And how do you suppose they go about making one? As I often hear from people like you, "You can't legislate morality."

It appears you are no different as far as big government goes. I make that clear in Saigon's thread about Hitler, Fascism and the Right Wing. My one and only post. You'll understand then how much in common you and 'the right' are.

You cannot assign the 'big government' title to either party.

Ignorance based on ignorance is no excuse...

5 things to know about Obamacare and contraceptives - CNN.com

1. The law

The 2010 Affordable Care Act requires non-profit groups and businesses of a certain size to provide health insurance to their employees or pay fines.

One preventive care requirement initially included mandatory contraception -- or birth control -- and other reproductive health coverage with no copay to women.

2. The objection

Some religious groups that include Catholics and evangelicals objected on grounds the requirement violated their religious freedom and moral beliefs.

3. How was it handled?

The Obama administration and religious organizations set out to negotiate how the provision would be carried out. Under rules they came up with last summer, churches and houses of worship would be exempt.

But under the compromise, church-run hospitals, universities, parochial schools and charities must provide no-cost contraception coverage, or have a third-party insurer provide separate benefits without the employer's direct involvement. And most are complying.

Organizations that opt-out of direct coverage must sign a document certifying their religious objections and authorizing payments. The government would then require the outside insurer pick up the costs.

4. What's the core issue now?

A key here is Christian Brothers Services, a Catholic-affiliated non-profit that administers health plans for Little Sisters of the Poor and hundreds of other faith-based groups.

CBS qualifies for an exemption under the Obamacare rules for contraception and so does the Little Sisters of the Poor. All the nuns have to do -- and the Justice Department concurred on Friday -- is fill out the form seeking a pass, and they'll get it.

Liberals have no interest in controlling or regulating people's bedrooms or religious freedoms.

Sure, but they are the people pushing for free contraception. Oops. That's as inside the bedroom as they can possibly be. But then again, I must point out how Obamacare forces Catholic nuns and other Catholic faith based institutions to provide such a service when it is against their religious beliefs. Religious freedom, eh?

You folks on the right are the ones who want a woman's uterus to be property of the state so YOU can decide what she can and can't do with her own body and life.

Oh, but you can tell people what insurance they can buy. As I have pointed out many times before, you insist that the government stay out of the bedroom, you further insist upon a woman doing what she wants with own body, but then are eerily silent when she starts begging the government to enforce her ability to do so, i.e., free contraceptive care, birth control, etc.

Do you understand how patently absurd that is? Heh, I guess you don't. This is where you cooked your own...(heck it's Thanksgiving) turkey.

Really? And how do you suppose they go about making one? As I often hear from people like you, "You can't legislate morality."

It appears you are no different as far as big government goes. I make that clear in Saigon's thread about Hitler, Fascism and the Right Wing. My one and only post. You'll understand then how much in common you and 'the right' are.

1. The law

The 2010 Affordable Care Act requires non-profit groups and businesses of a certain size to provide health insurance to their employees or pay fines.

One preventive care requirement initially included mandatory contraception -- or birth control -- and other reproductive health coverage with no copay to women.

2. The objection

Some religious groups that include Catholics and evangelicals objected on grounds the requirement violated their religious freedom and moral beliefs.

3. How was it handled?

The Obama administration and religious organizations set out to negotiate how the provision would be carried out. Under rules they came up with last summer, churches and houses of worship would be exempt.

But under the compromise, church-run hospitals, universities, parochial schools and charities must provide no-cost contraception coverage, or have a third-party insurer provide separate benefits without the employer's direct involvement. And most are complying.

Organizations that opt-out of direct coverage must sign a document certifying their religious objections and authorizing payments. The government would then require the outside insurer pick up the costs.

A key here is Christian Brothers Services, a Catholic-affiliated non-profit that administers health plans for Little Sisters of the Poor and hundreds of other faith-based groups.

CBS qualifies for an exemption under the Obamacare rules for contraception and so does the Little Sisters of the Poor. All the nuns have to do -- and the Justice Department concurred on Friday -- is fill out the form seeking a pass, and they'll get it.
This post was Gruber approved. After all you are using the information that democrats got from Gruber.

Forty years of progressive policy have brought us to this point...but it's a police problem!
Just so we get this fact clear going forward...

YOU folks on the right are supporting GOVERNMENT over individuals and over people.

However you want to twist it, that is an irrefutable FACT...

The history of mankind has been a struggle between those who want to increase freedom, opportunity and rights to all people and those who want to restrict them. The people who have always fought to increase freedom, opportunity and rights are liberals. The people who have fought to restrict them are conservatives.
The population of Ferguson is 60% black. The police force is 94% white. That alone says a great deal. The people and the cops do not have a positive, healthy working relationship. It is really the responsibility of the police force to create a good environment, and they clearly have not done so.

"It is the responsibility of the police force to create a good environment, and they have clearly not done so."

Police are not responsible for creating "environments", Esmerelda...they are responsible for enforcing the law. When someone does what Michael Brown DID it's the responsibility of the police to enforce the law that protects that convenience store owner from strong arm robbery.

Let's be honest here...who's really responsible for the "environment" in Ferguson, Missouri? Is it the police force...or is it the citizens of Ferguson? This notion that "training" of the police to respond in a different manner is going to fix things is so laughably naive that I'm embarrassed for those who put it forward. Michael Brown is dead today because of choices that HE made...not because of choices the Ferguson Police made. HE woke up that morning and decided that he'd rob the local convenience store and bully the clerk. HE decided that after robbing that store he would walk down the center of the street and ignore a request from a police officer to get on the sidewalk. HE decided to reach into that police officer's car and assault the policeman.
You are entirely wrong. It is very definitely the responsibility of the police department to create and maintain a positive working environment in the community they SERVE. Their job is to SERVE, not to be enforcers. To SERVE AND PROTECT. That is their job.

That's bullshit. The police ARE enforcers. They are there to "serve and protect" people who obey the law but they are not there to "serve and protect" those who break the law.
In Nazi Germany and the like, the police ARE enforcers. And they are enforcers to those they don't like, such as Jews and Black, those they automatically view as 'trouble makers.' The white police force serves and protects the white populace all the while seeing the blacks as problematic.

Forty years of progressive policy have brought us to this point...but it's a police problem!

YOU folks on the right are supporting GOVERNMENT over individuals and over people.

The history of mankind has been a struggle between those who want to increase freedom, opportunity and rights to all people and those who want to restrict them. The people who have always fought to increase freedom, opportunity and rights are liberals. The people who have fought to restrict them are conservatives.
The population of Ferguson is 60% black. The police force is 94% white. That alone says a great deal. The people and the cops do not have a positive, healthy working relationship. It is really the responsibility of the police force to create a good environment, and they clearly have not done so.

"It is the responsibility of the police force to create a good environment, and they have clearly not done so."

Police are not responsible for creating "environments", Esmerelda...they are responsible for enforcing the law. When someone does what Michael Brown DID it's the responsibility of the police to enforce the law that protects that convenience store owner from strong arm robbery.

Let's be honest here...who's really responsible for the "environment" in Ferguson, Missouri? Is it the police force...or is it the citizens of Ferguson? This notion that "training" of the police to respond in a different manner is going to fix things is so laughably naive that I'm embarrassed for those who put it forward. Michael Brown is dead today because of choices that HE made...not because of choices the Ferguson Police made. HE woke up that morning and decided that he'd rob the local convenience store and bully the clerk. HE decided that after robbing that store he would walk down the center of the street and ignore a request from a police officer to get on the sidewalk. HE decided to reach into that police officer's car and assault the policeman.

Forty years of progressive policy? WHAT country do you live in??

“Ronald Reagan changed the trajectory of America in a way that Richard Nixon did not and in a way that Bill Clinton did not. Reagan was an ideological inflection point, ending a 50-year liberal ascendancy and beginning a 30-year conservative ascendancy."
Charles Krauthammer

What we are witnessing in America is the culmination of forty years of conservative policies. Conservatives have created the biggest 'Nanny State" in our nations history.

LOOK at how many Americans were behind bars during the liberal era that started with the New Deal and ended with the Great Society. Then LOOK at how that changed under Nixon and Reagan.

Conservatives built the BIGGEST Nanny State in the history of the world...

britannica_prison-523x360.jpg

US_incarceration_timeline.gif
Incarceration_rates_worldwide.gif

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only legitimate object of good government."
Thomas Jefferson to the Republican Citizens of Washington County, Maryland" (March 31, 1809).

You are entirely wrong. It is very definitely the responsibility of the police department to create and maintain a positive working environment in the community they SERVE. Their job is to SERVE, not to be enforcers. To SERVE AND PROTECT. That is their job.

That's bullshit. The police ARE enforcers. They are there to "serve and protect" people who obey the law but they are not there to "serve and protect" those who break the law.
In Nazi Germany and the like, the police ARE enforcers. And they are enforcers to those they don't like, such as Jews and Black, those they automatically view as 'trouble makers.' The white police force serves and protects the white populace all the while seeing the blacks as problematic.
That might be the biggest bunch of bullshit I've seen on this site in the last 10 minutes. Which is still saying something.
Police are there to enforce laws. In unjust societies, they are unjust laws. In just societies they are just laws. In Ferguson the police were protecting the black population from a black perpetrator. How does that fit your narrative?

1. The law

2. The objection

3. How was it handled?

One thing to know:

Don't trust CNN as an objective source of information.

Moving along...

Last edited:
The BLIND allegiance to government by the right is mind boggling...

A black "thug" is the narrative from the right. That is ALL the right wing mind needs to justify Gestapo tactics.

In America, you are innocent until proven guilty. A fair trial is not being executed when your hands are up.

Questions about 'government' from the right? CRICKETS...

Was the Grand Jury a sham? Do ANY of you folks on the right even ask those type of questions?...CRICKETS again..

Even FAR right wing black robe Scalia understands the role of a Grand Jury...

Justice Scalia Explains What Was Wrong With The Ferguson Grand Jury

On Monday, Prosecutor Bob McCulloch announced that a grand jury had decided not to indict Darren Wilson, the officer who killed Michael Brown. But that decision was the result of a process that turned the purpose of a grand jury on its head.

Justice Antonin Scalia, in the 1992 Supreme Court case of United States v. Williams, explained what the role of a grand jury has been for hundreds of years.

It is the grand jury’s function not ‘to enquire … upon what foundation [the charge may be] denied,’ or otherwise to try the suspect’s defenses, but only to examine ‘upon what foundation [the charge] is made’ by the prosecutor. Respublica v. Shaffer, 1 Dall. 236 (O. T. Phila. 1788); see also F. Wharton, Criminal Pleading and Practice § 360, pp. 248-249 (8th ed. 1880). As a consequence, neither in this country nor in England has the suspect under investigation by the grand jury ever been thought to have a right to testify or to have exculpatory evidence presented.

1. The law

2. The objection

3. How was it handled?

One thing to know:

Don't trust CNN as an objective source of information.

Moving along...

There you go...double down on your ignorance pea brain...

"Pea brain"

Lets review the last point in your previous post:

What they don't tell you is that the CBS would have had to fill out a Form 700 allowing for a third party to pay for abortive care.

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/13pdf/13a1284_ap6c.pdf (Wheaton College v. Burwell)

Sure...ignorant...whatever you say.

:eusa_doh:

Reading without reflecting is like eating without digesting.
Edmund Burke

But they contend in their suit that finding someone else to fulfill the insurance mandate -- even if it is unclear who that might be right now -- is immoral because contraception coverage would be delivered ultimately and they oppose it.

A black "thug" is the narrative from the right.

First of all camera footage makes him out to be a thug:

In America, you are innocent until proven guilty. A fair trial is not being executed when your hands are up.

Secondly, witness accounts do not lend that statement any credence:

Report Several Black Witnesses Largely Back Up Officer s Account Of Michael Brown Shooting

Was the Grand Jury a sham? Do ANY of you folks on the right even ask those type of questions?

Crickets because the jury ruled unanimously not to indict, including the three black jurors. No it wasn't a sham, and yes it is you who can't wrap your head around the fact the law doesn't work one way.

But they contend in their suit that finding someone else to fulfill the insurance mandate -- even if it is unclear who that might be right now -- is immoral because contraception coverage would be delivered ultimately and they oppose it.

Regardless, the Supreme Court agrees.

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Pea brain"

Lets review the last point in your previous post:

What they don't tell you is that the CBS would have had to fill out a Form 700 allowing for a third party to pay for abortive care.

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/13pdf/13a1284_ap6c.pdf (Wheaton College v. Burwell)

Sure...ignorant...whatever you say.

:eusa_doh:

Hey PEA brain, first of all it is not an abortion as your ignorant slanderous "abortive care" suggests.

Second, an INDIVIDUAL should have the RIGHT to decide to use or not use a contraceptive. Not the government and NOT THE CHURCH EITHER.

See how individual rights REALLY work PEA brain?

Last edited:
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

Describes you to a T. carmac.

Meanwhile, a guy in Dayton Ohio got 7 years in prison for shooting at the cops.

Guy in Mo. gets shot down like a dog in the street for hitting a cop. And assholes like you say he deserved it.
Guess they should have tortured the guy shooting at the cops before they murdered him eh? Except they didn't do either one. They arrested him and he's going to jail for really trying to kill a cop.

You a fucked up individual carmac.

A black "thug" is the narrative from the right.

First of all camera footage makes him out to be a thug:

Secondly, witness accounts do not lend that statement any credence:

Report Several Black Witnesses Largely Back Up Officer s Account Of Michael Brown Shooting

Was the Grand Jury a sham? Do ANY of you folks on the right even ask those type of questions?

Crickets because the jury ruled unanimously not to indict, including the three black jurors. No it wasn't a sham, and yes it is you who can't wrap your head around the fact the law doesn't work one way.

AGAIN...
Reading without reflecting is like eating without digesting.
Edmund Burke

And by cutting out the part you either don't understand or just ignorantly disregard, it shows that your tiny little brain has never had a thought that government could be wrong...

The Grand Jury was a sham...

What part of this don't you understand?

"neither in this country nor in England has the suspect under investigation by the grand jury ever been thought to have a right to testify or to have exculpatory evidence presented."
Justice Antonin Scalia, 1992

Forum List

Back