Under god

eagle1462010

Diamond Member
May 17, 2013
Lincoln, ?Gettysburg Address,? Speech Text |

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate-we can not consecrate-we can not hallow-this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us-that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion-that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain-that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom-and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

So why Mr. President, did you omit Under God while reading the words of Lincoln?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe because back in 1864, everyone believed in a magic sky pixie but today not everyone does?

That's not the point and you know it................

He is supposed to recite, what Lincoln said...................

Omitting under God, which is what Lincoln said, isn't reciting what Lincoln said that day........

It is an alteration of his words by omitting them.......

Why is it so difficult for Liberals like Obama and Joe to quote under God.............................

Why do they think it's Ok to misquote what Lincoln said............

It's not their words, it's Lincoln's......................

Maybe because back in 1864, everyone believed in a magic sky pixie but today not everyone does?

Omitting under God, which is what Lincoln said, isn't reciting what Lincoln said that day........

Where is it required that he recite what Lincoln said?

Why is it so difficult for Liberals like Obama and Joe to quote under God.............................

Or maybe we are just tired of you trying to sneak your magic sky pixie into conversations where he wasn't invited.

Well hell's bells................

Obama is reciting the words of the Gettysburg address...................

Lincoln's Word's, NOT OBAMA'S..............

Why not just change the whole dang thing until he decides to include his version of HISTORY................

Why is Obama, and you quite frankly, so SHALLOW as to not recite the Gettysburg address in it's entirety..............................

Or maybe we are just tired of you trying to sneak your magic sky pixie into conversations where he wasn't invited.

Perhaps we are tired of people like you justifying the misquotes of our National History.........

:eusa_hand:

It was required the second he decided to quote Lincoln! It wasn't what Lincoln should have said, or what would Lincoln say today. When you read the words of someone else, you quote them accurately. There is no freedom to change history. It is what it is.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate-we can not consecrate-we can not hallow-this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us-that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion-that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain-that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom-and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

So why Mr. President, did you omit Under God while reading the words of Lincoln?

First. What did you think his reason for doing so was?

Second, where did you learn of this outrage? Why did you not cite YOUR source? Why play it off as though you discovered this yourself?

You fucking idiot.

Second, where did you learn of this outrage? Why did you not cite YOUR source? Why play it off as though you discovered this yourself?

You fucking idiot.

1. Because people like and Obama are so wrapped up in your Ideology, that you edit History.............Why is it so difficult for Obama just to say UNDER GOD which is on the monument at Gettysburg....................

2. I saw the first reference to this from my wife's facebook........Believe it is somewhere on Conserabuzz site...........Not sure, but who the hell cares............I heard about it from my wife and looked the issue up myself................

3. Typical Liberal Response when I question the integrity of Obama.

:eusa_boohoo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHAyepp7ypY

You fucking idiot.

1. Because people like and Obama are so wrapped up in your Ideology, that you edit History.............Why is it so difficult for Obama just to say UNDER GOD which is on the monument at Gettysburg....................

2. I saw the first reference to this from my wife's facebook........Believe it is somewhere on Conserabuzz site...........Not sure, but who the hell cares............I heard about it from my wife and looked the issue up myself................

You did nt answer my question. Why do YOU think he did not sat " under god"?

I care about where dummies like you get shit. You could have just looked at the archives here as we had a long thread on this a few days ago. Sme other nutter beat you to it. And...if you looked it up yourself, you would have learned that there were several versions of the speech and the one Lincoln read was likely to NOT have the words "under god" in it.

You fucking idiot.

You did nt answer my question. Why do YOU think he did not sat " under god"?

I care about where dummies like you get shit. You could have just looked at the archives here as we had a long thread on this a few days ago. Sme other nutter beat you to it. And...if you looked it up yourself, you would have learned that there were several versions of the speech and the one Lincoln read was likely to NOT have the words "under god" in it.

And your proof...........I don't care about the other threads of the past, I'll look if you provide a link...................

Look at the picture at the memorial..................If it was never said that way, then why is it on the memorial.....................Shouldn't you and Obama be trying to have the memorial modified to make sure it's historically correct.

My motivation, I can't stand people like you who can't stand the two words UNDER GOD...................So I posted it, if you are offended that I question you Liberal Ideology, TAKE A NUMBER and get in line with the others.....................

Conservabuzz ? Obama Removes ?Under God? from Gettysburg Address

ur President took the liberty of taking God out of the Gettysburg Address. Because Presidents have the right to remove references to God!? Said no founding father, no freedom-loving citizen ever.

It seems our liberty-loving, God-fearing President decided God just doesn’t belong here anymore. And guess what Mr. President, you are not above the law of the land. You were asked to recite a 270 word speech. Not 268 words. 270. And we all know you are dependent upon a teleprompter anyways so don’t pretend you forgot the words when “under God” is right in front of your face.

King Obama reigns yet again, waives his scepter and takes shot at removing religion from our culture. Fabulous. How did he get past grade school?

Found the original for ya, from facebook Liberal Loon........

That's what was on facebook, now call Daddy Obama and have them remove it like a good little chump Liberal.

The Bliss copy is the only copy with Lincoln's signature on it...................

Forum List

Back