Unemployment falls to 8.3%

Romney is going to be talking about it from home then. A real conservative is not going to believe him for one second.

Speaking of real posters

You are right

Romney would not be my first choice
but people have to stick together

However, as you can see the Left and those that work for the Left
want the Republicans divided- it helps Papa Obama

The important thing is to get Papa Obama out of office
and/or control both houses

The humor is this: the far right either supports Romney or goes completely without power.

That's funny!

The humor is this: the far right either supports Romney or goes completely without power.

That's funny!

I don't think gaining control of the Senate is out of the question. With both houses of Congress, Obama can't hurt us. Then we get a shot at a real conservative. Much preferred to me than eight years of Republican light of fours then a Democrat liberal.

That's funny!

I don't think gaining control of the Senate is out of the question. With both houses of Congress, Obama can't hurt us. Then we get a shot at a real conservative. Much preferred to me than eight years of Republican light of fours then a Democrat liberal.

Agree

As long as people ignore the attempts by the Left and their stooges to
alienate and divide the right

Indeed, we only need to keep pointing out the Left's weakness
like Papa Obama's best employment numbers were from the first day
he took office over from Bush and
Papa Obama is so far the only President not have 4 percent growth
Bond downgrade
etc

Obtaining the Senate, could be possible

Last edited:

That's funny!

We can get the Senate with some hard work and a bit of luck. That would be great. Obama will be willing to move toward the center on many issues, I would think. If the GOP does the Ryanista Shuffle, though, Obama will simply veto that dance. Should the economy improve steadily during those four years, then the 2016 would be a fight for the center by folks like Christie and Rubio and whomever the Dems trot out. The days of the extremists from both parties will be over.

If Romney wins Michigan's primary, it will be because Democrats crossed party to vote. Most Republicans I know here see him as a liberal and will probably vote Santorum.
Democratic crossovers will continue to vote for inSanitorium.

Got to love these open primaries
Keeping the repubs mixed up will help us

still we do need to get better numbers to
fully get people behind us
No doubt things will improve
Obama will win

Last edited:
If Romney wins Michigan's primary, it will be because Democrats crossed party to vote. Most Republicans I know here see him as a liberal and will probably vote Santorum.

Obama will win

Your avatar is most fitting.

That's funny!

We can get the Senate with some hard work and a bit of luck. That would be great. Obama will be willing to move toward the center on many issues, I would think. If the GOP does the Ryanista Shuffle, though, Obama will simply veto that dance. Should the economy improve steadily during those four years, then the 2016 would be a fight for the center by folks like Christie and Rubio and whomever the Dems trot out. The days of the extremists from both parties will be over.

:lol: partisanship got us the NDAA 2012. Partisanship got us the Patriot Act. You can keep those senators and Congressmen who supported those things. Fuck the GOP and the Democratic Party.

That's how they feel about you, bigreb. You have no political power outside the system.

Obama will win

Thanks
( I think :eusa_angel:)

What I said is the truth
Sure the numbers need to improve, but they should
As long as we keep the Repubs fighting among themselves and divided and with our base tight
If the President can continue to show that the House is doing nothing to cooperate with Democrats to
help this economy
Obama will win

Last edited:

Obama will win

Thanks
( I think :eusa_angel:)

What I said is the truth
Sure the numbers need to improve, but they should
As long as we keep the Repubs fighting among themselves and divided and with our base tight
If the President can continue to show that the House is doing nothing to cooperate with Democrats to
help this economy
Obama will win

Take my word for it: he does NOT mean that as a compliment.

That's funny!

Romney in the White House is practicaly the same thing as a Marxist in the White House.

If Romney does as President half of what he did as govenor, he will be far WORSE than Obama.

You dumb shit.

The claim was unemployment, not underemployment.

I don't care for the Gallup measure because the questipn is only if they want a full time job, and they're not asked if they are actually available for full time or why they're only working part time. Part time because you can't find a full time job is very different from part time so you can look after the kids.

This is a joke right? Workers decided they don't need to be earning the income they once had because they no longer feel they want to have a full time job, or it's because they have decided they would much rather look after the kids? Are you being serious? Underemployment MEANS they are unable to find work at the income they once had and have to "settle" with earning less, perhaps even work two jobs to make up the loss of income under one (which would also make an increase in the job numbers deceptive and misleading). You are able to figure out what underemployment means with respect to a bad economy, aren't you?

There's no set definition for "underemployment." The definition Gallup uses for their measure is
Respondents who work either for an employer or for themselves, and do not work more than 30 hours per week at either job are categorized as employed part time. Additionally, when asked, these respondents indicated they do want to work more than 30 hours per week.
Gallup definitions
So nothing to do with unable to find full time or having to settle. People working part time because they need to look after kids or elderly or share a car or juggle school will be classified as "underemployed" by Gallup's measure. I find it revealing that you just invented your own definition rather than try to find what was actually used for the measure you were discussing.

Invented? You really don't know anything about this economy and the variables that show it's TRUE condition (which is far worse than just a simple 8.3% unemployment the media loves to project while hiding behind the true recession figures). You need to do a little more investigating on this recession and educate yourself a bit instead of settling for the "sweet coating" figures from the liberal media, like MSNBC.

Labor that falls under the underemployment classification includes those workers that are highly skilled but working in low paying jobs, workers that are highly skilled but work in low skill jobs and part-time workers that would prefer to be full-time. This is different from unemployment in that the individual is working but isn't working at their full capability.

Read more: Underemployment Definition | Investopedia

This is a joke right? Workers decided they don't need to be earning the income they once had because they no longer feel they want to have a full time job, or it's because they have decided they would much rather look after the kids? Are you being serious? Underemployment MEANS they are unable to find work at the income they once had and have to "settle" with earning less, perhaps even work two jobs to make up the loss of income under one (which would also make an increase in the job numbers deceptive and misleading). You are able to figure out what underemployment means with respect to a bad economy, aren't you?

There's no set definition for "underemployment." The definition Gallup uses for their measure is
Respondents who work either for an employer or for themselves, and do not work more than 30 hours per week at either job are categorized as employed part time. Additionally, when asked, these respondents indicated they do want to work more than 30 hours per week.
Gallup definitions
So nothing to do with unable to find full time or having to settle. People working part time because they need to look after kids or elderly or share a car or juggle school will be classified as "underemployed" by Gallup's measure. I find it revealing that you just invented your own definition rather than try to find what was actually used for the measure you were discussing.

Invented? You really don't know anything about this economy and the variables that show it's TRUE condition (which is far worse than just a simple 8.3% unemployment the media loves to project while hiding behind the true recession figures).
Actually, since I do this for a living, I know quite a good deal about it. The T cited "Unemployment" as near 20%. You attempted to back that up with Gallup's "UNDERemployment" rate, which is not the same thing. You also claimed that "underemployment" meant " they are unable to find work at the income they once had and have to "settle" with earning less, but as I demonstrated, that is certainly NOT the definition Gallup used, so you were claiming, falsely, that the number meant someting it didn't.

You need to do a little more investigating on this recession and educate yourself a bit instead of settling for the "sweet coating" figures from the liberal media, like MSNBC.
I don't....I go straight to the databases of BLS, Census, BEA, etc.

Labor that falls under the underemployment classification includes those workers that are highly skilled but working in low paying jobs, workers that are highly skilled but work in low skill jobs and part-time workers that would prefer to be full-time. This is different from unemployment in that the individual is working but isn't working at their full capability.
That is a definition of Underemployment, but it is NOT the one used for the number you were citing. Nobody really publishes any data on "highly skilled but working in low paying jobs" because precise definitions and collection of such data (especially seperating economic from non-economic reasons) are practically impossible.

When looking at data you MUST discuss them using the definitions used for that data. You can't just claim they mean something they don't really mean. At least not honestly.

The Gallup Unederemployment rate is Unemployed (not working, looked for work in last 4 weeks) plus part-time workers who say they want full time work as a percent of the Labor Force (employed plus unemployed). It does NOT measure whether someone used to work full time or any skills mismatch.

Of course there's more to the labor market and the underlying conditions than the simple unemployment rate. But that doesn't mean the UE rate is wrong or misleading...it measures what it measures and if you want more info you have to know where to look because the media doesn't cover it. Bloggers cover it badly.

Last edited:
From CBS news; "The drop in the unemployment rate comes with an asterisk: while there was a 278,000 gain in employment, there was a concurrent labor force decline of 315,000 from October."

Fewer jobs is not really a good thing for Americans.

Last edited:
I think most people recognize that many people who lost a job during the recession have had to take jobs with a lower pay rate pinqy.

Forum List

Back