🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

US Debt Is Now $23 Trillion And Climbing

Correct, you would have to take 100% of it to double it. As all of the links I gave you prove.

A 189% increase in our debt would be a near tripling, not a doubling.

I think the problem is the words are too confusing for you, they have more than 3 or 4 letters so they are outside of your reading level.

View attachment 288819

If you are measuring the increase, all you are measuring is the difference between the starting point and the ending point.

Let me give you a basic example.

You start with 100 dollars. You end up with 200 dollars. That is an increase of 100 dollars, which is 100% of your starting amount, meaning your money increased by 100%

If you start with 100 dollars and end up with 300 dollars, that is an increase of 200 dollars, which is 200% of your starting amount, meaning you increased your money by 200%

Here is another example of it being done correctly..

View attachment 288821

The NASDAQ went up today by 0.44%, not by 100.44%...just 0.44% since that is the amount of change.
Your an idiot too stupid to even understand that you are arguing in a different context than I. It is more important for you to think you are right and everyone else wrong than to understand we are both saying the same thing from to different contexts. Fuck off, moron, I'm a retired engineer who used to TUTOR others in higher math!
Obama raised the national debt 189% what is was when he took office.
Hey Einstein the tutor, a 100% increase is a doubling. You learn that in like 6th grade. I feel bad for the students you tutor.

WRONG again Barker. I said the national debt went up 189% under Obama from when he entered office. Take 10.6 trillion and multiply it by 1.89 and see what you get. 20 trillion. And fucking calculator will tell you as much.

Hey Einstein:
Percentage Change - Percentage Increase and Decrease | SkillsYouNeed

To calculate the percentage increase:
Then: divide the increase by the original number and multiply the answer by 100. % increase = Increase ÷ Original Number × 100. If your answer is a negative number then this is a percentage decrease.

So...

20 - 10.6 = 9.4 T (the increase)

9.4 / 10.6 = 0.887 x 100 = 88.7%

You dumb fuck. You don't even know how to do a simple percent increase and you claim to be a tutor. This is why people are so dumb in red states, the village idiot is the tutor...

It's an 88.7% increase not a 188.7% increase, 188.7% would be going from 10.6 T to 30.6 T...

It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”

• Mark Twain

Tell me idiot, I'm sure you've spent a lot of time sitting at a desk somewhere adding up figures on paper where a mistake was corrected with an eraser. Now tell us how many multi-million dollar projects you were in on designing, where a whole company's reputation and liability was on the line if you made a mistake? Yeah, I thought so. :lmao:
AHAAHA!!!!

Here we go with the fantasy jobs and projects you claim to do, but we all know you're lying. If you can't do a simple percent increase problem, something that most 6th graders can do.... then you sure as shit don't work on multi-million dollar projects, unless you are the janitor at the company...

You probably are a highschool dropout that works in some stupid factory making furniture or some other low skill minimum wage job- like most dumbass Trump supporters.

It is doubtful that you graduated highschool, because if you did you would know how to do percentages, which clearly you do not....
You have put your stupidity on display for everyone to see.

:abgg2q.jpg:

Last edited:
When the GOP took over Congress in January 2015, the federal deficit was $439 billion. They immediately set to work doubling it.

Budget deficit smashes $1 trillion mark, the highest in seven years

When Trump was sworn in, the federal debt was $19.9 trillion.

As of this moment:

us-debt-november-7-2019.jpg

Trump: I will eliminate U.S. debt in 8 years

This past fiscal year, Trump spent more than anyone in the history of the Universe. He exceeded Obama's worst year of spending by a trillion dollars.

So much for being the party of small government.

Before you try to claim it isn't Trump's fault for some reason, you should know that I will find your posts where you blamed Obama for every penny of the debt accrued on his watch.

Before you try to say "Let me know when he's got more debt than Obama" bullshit hypocrisy, remember that you pseudocons started in on Obama's spending habit right at the beginning. You did not wait until he had beaten Bush's record.

So i guess all you're left with is to blame darkies and Muslims.
Today's Republicans are nothing more than the Democratic party lite. They spend like a slightly less drunken sailor. In this area Trump is no different than Obama.

By the way this sites search function is amazing. You have been a member since 2011 but when doing a search for topics about debt, you only seem to comment about the debt accumulated by Republicans and not one word about Democrats or Obama which makes you a partisan hack.
While Obama's deficits were bad, a substantial part of those deficits came from the great recession that he inherited from Bush. In 2016 Obama's deficits were bad, but at least reasonable at ~ $580B, Trump has blown that up and when the next crash comes the deficit will explode to $2+T/yr. Recessions cause a massive loss in tax revenue, and usually require stimulus (increased deficit spending).
Why would anyone run a deficit in a strong economy?
Trump was more concerned with slashing taxes by $1.5 trillion for his billionaire buddies than worrying about deficits

because the dems in the house refuse to pass a sensible budget bill. Wake the fuck up, and understand whats really going on here.
You do realize that the Senate and Trump have to sign off on all budgets, so how is it the dems fault when Trump and the GOP are the ones that sign off on these budgets??? You have no clue how the country works... pathetic.

The GOP passed the massive spending increases and the massive tax cut and that is why Trump has almost doubled the annual deficit...

According to your failed logic Obama's massive deficits are all the GOP Houses fault... Get a clue, stop embarrassing yourself.

Your an idiot too stupid to even understand that you are arguing in a different context than I. It is more important for you to think you are right and everyone else wrong than to understand we are both saying the same thing from to different contexts. Fuck off, moron, I'm a retired engineer who used to TUTOR others in higher math!
Obama raised the national debt 189% what is was when he took office.
Hey Einstein the tutor, a 100% increase is a doubling. You learn that in like 6th grade. I feel bad for the students you tutor.

WRONG again Barker. I said the national debt went up 189% under Obama from when he entered office. Take 10.6 trillion and multiply it by 1.89 and see what you get. 20 trillion. And fucking calculator will tell you as much.

Hey Einstein:
Percentage Change - Percentage Increase and Decrease | SkillsYouNeed

To calculate the percentage increase:
Then: divide the increase by the original number and multiply the answer by 100. % increase = Increase ÷ Original Number × 100. If your answer is a negative number then this is a percentage decrease.

So...

20 - 10.6 = 9.4 T (the increase)

9.4 / 10.6 = 0.887 x 100 = 88.7%

You dumb fuck. You don't even know how to do a simple percent increase and you claim to be a tutor. This is why people are so dumb in red states, the village idiot is the tutor...

It's an 88.7% increase not a 188.7% increase, 188.7% would be going from 10.6 T to 30.6 T...

It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”

• Mark Twain

Tell me idiot, I'm sure you've spent a lot of time sitting at a desk somewhere adding up figures on paper where a mistake was corrected with an eraser. Now tell us how many multi-million dollar projects you were in on designing, where a whole company's reputation and liability was on the line if you made a mistake? Yeah, I thought so. :lmao:
AHAAHA!!!!

Here we go with the fantasy jobs and projects you claim to do, but we all know you're lying. If you can't do a simple percent increase problem, something that most 6th graders can do.... then you sure as shit don't work on multi-million dollar projects.

You probably are a highschool dropout that works in some stupid factory making furniture or some other low skill minimum wage job- like most dumbass Trump supporters.

It is doubtful that you graduated highschool, because if you did you would know how to do percentages, which clearly you do not....
You have put your stupidity on display for everyone to see.

:abgg2q.jpg:

You do have to wonder about a person that makes this statement....So, a 100% increase is no increase at all. It is staying the same.

When the GOP took over Congress in January 2015, the federal deficit was $439 billion. They immediately set to work doubling it.

As of this moment:

This past fiscal year, Trump spent more than anyone in the history of the Universe. He exceeded Obama's worst year of spending by a trillion dollars.

Before you try to claim it isn't Trump's fault for some reason, you should know that I will find your posts where you blamed Obama for every penny of the debt accrued on his watch.

Before you try to say "Let me know when he's got more debt than Obama" bullshit hypocrisy, remember that you pseudocons started in on Obama's spending habit right at the beginning. You did not wait until he had beaten Bush's record.

Today's Republicans are nothing more than the Democratic party lite. They spend like a slightly less drunken sailor. In this area Trump is no different than Obama.

By the way this sites search function is amazing. You have been a member since 2011 but when doing a search for topics about debt, you only seem to comment about the debt accumulated by Republicans and not one word about Democrats or Obama which makes you a partisan hack.
While Obama's deficits were bad, a substantial part of those deficits came from the great recession that he inherited from Bush. In 2016 Obama's deficits were bad, but at least reasonable at ~ $580B, Trump has blown that up and when the next crash comes the deficit will explode to $2+T/yr. Recessions cause a massive loss in tax revenue, and usually require stimulus (increased deficit spending).
Trump was more concerned with slashing taxes by $1.5 trillion for his billionaire buddies than worrying about deficits

the Trump tax cuts cut taxes for everyone that PAYS taxes, not just the rich. But since you pay no taxes, I guess you didn't know that.
Some got pennies, some got millions
Personally, I paid more in taxes

As of this moment:

because the dems in the house refuse to pass a sensible budget bill. Wake the fuck up, and understand whats really going on here.
Because Republicans forced a $1.5 trillion tax cut
Tried to pay for it by slashing benefits to the poor

As of this moment:

the Trump tax cuts cut taxes for everyone that PAYS taxes, not just the rich. But since you pay no taxes, I guess you didn't know that.

yes, 5% of 10,000 is less than 5% of 10,000,000. Wow, you are a math wizard. Want a bigger tax cut, make more money. I also paid more due to the elimination of the personal exemptions, that affected everyone. so what's your bitch?

As of this moment:

what benefits were "slashed"? The poor in the USA are better off than the middle class in the rest of the world. You live in a left wing bullshit fantasy world.

As of this moment:

You do realize that the Senate and Trump have to sign off on all budgets, so how is it the dems fault when Trump and the GOP are the ones that sign off on these budgets??? You have no clue how the country works... pathetic.

The GOP passed the massive spending increases and the massive tax cut and that is why Trump has almost doubled the annual deficit...

According to your failed logic Obama's massive deficits are all the GOP Houses fault... Get a clue, stop embarrassing yourself.

yes, but budgets start in the dem controlled house. they pass a spend all budget and then scream if Trump were to veto it and "shut down the government" its all political rhetoric and bullshit, None of them have the citizens interests at heart. its only about their person power and wealth-------------both parties, so STFU

yes, 5% of 10,000 is less than 5% of 10,000,000. Wow, you are a math wizard. Want a bigger tax cut, make more money. I also paid more due to the elimination of the personal exemptions, that affected everyone. so what's your bitch?
No Shit Sherlock

So WHO got the bulk of the savings? The wealthy who saw massive cuts in business taxes, capital gains, personal income, inheritance tax

Working Americans saw a small, temporary tax cut

yes, but budgets start in the dem controlled house. they pass a spend all budget and then scream if Trump were to veto it and "shut down the government" its all political rhetoric and bullshit, None of them have the citizens interests at heart. its only about their person power and wealth-------------both parties, so STFU
Trump did not shut down government because of the budget. He shut it down in a tantrum over his wall

what benefits were "slashed"? The poor in the USA are better off than the middle class in the rest of the world. You live in a left wing bullshit fantasy world.
Medicaid, SNAP, food stamps were slashed

No Shit Sherlock

So WHO got the bulk of the savings? The wealthy who saw massive cuts in business taxes, capital gains, personal income, inheritance tax

creating a favorable business environment helps everyone. Why do you think that unemployment is at all time lows? why is the DOW at record levels? middle class americans now have jobs, not welfare and food stamps, why is that bad?

your idiot dems all want YOU to pay 45% income taxes, are you in favor of that?

Medicaid, SNAP, food stamps were slashed

because those people now have JOBS and don't need hand outs.

Trump did not shut down government because of the budget. He shut it down in a tantrum over his wall

do you live in a well? the dems refused to fund the wall for political reasons, they caused the shut down

No Shit Sherlock

50% of americans pay zero federal income tax, how do you cut zero?

As of this moment:

/----/ As soon as democRATs finish their Impeachment charade, they promise to focus on a balanced budget.
any-minute-now-any-minute-now.jpg

You keep INSISTING you can only look at an increase of 90% one way as being a 90% gain. All I've said from the beginning is that is 190% what you started with. 90% of what you started with is LESS, not more. It is all a matter of context and reference. TRY to get that through your thick skull.

Look, you are that stated at 100% increase means no increase at all...nobody else in this thread made that claim. And you have doubled down and tripled down since then. All the stories in the world about your former job will not change that statement from being false.

Quit putting words in my mouth and deliberately twisting what I said Little Man. I've restated the matter every which way come Sunday that a hundred people in 40 years have never not been able to understand but you! Are you really telling us you are that opaque? I'll say it again: What is 89% of 10.6 trillion? Are you going to tell me it is 20 trillion? No! 20 trillion is 189% of 10.6T. Any grade schooler should understand this. And please don't tell me I never said that before or isn't what I originally said, you obviously have a reading and comprehension problem, not to mention an unmet need to be right. Must be something your father did to you.

As of this moment:

:CryingCow:

What you’re saying is like paying the minimum payment on the credit card debt… Only fools think you’re doing something but you’re just going in the hole more. The federal government has been doing this for decades since the 40s and 50s
We are running up that credit card and giving the money to the wealthy
There’s nothing worse than the government for a distribution because it’s pure corruption that way...
Redistribution is always a bad idea

Quit putting words in my mouth and deliberately twisting what I said Little Man.

That was a direct copy and paste of your own words...no twisting necessary.

What is 89% of 10.6 trillion? Are you going to tell me it is 20 trillion?

89% of 10.6 trillion is 9.4 trillion, which is the amount of increase in the debt.

Any grade schooler should understand this, yet you who claims to be an engineer cannot...why is that?

The annual deficit was $587B in 2016 (Obama's last yr) Trump and the GOP then passed a massive multiyear tax cut, AND massive multiyear spending bills. This is what has caused the deficit increase, AND they are all mutliyear increases with deficits projected to be $1.2+ T in 2021, and even higher pass that. This is 100% from the GOP, as they put these increases into our budget and they have final say on all budgets.

You blame democrats for everything because you are pathetic and can't take personal responsibility for anything. I'm sure according to you the war in Iraq failure somehow wasn't Bush's fault, and the Bush economic crash somehow wasn't his fault either... the same way Bill Clinton gets no credit for his golden age of success... You are just a typical pathetic partisan moron, and this is just another example.

Forum List

Back